Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1463 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures
1. Re: On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures Jun 19, 2011, 15:51 KilrathiAce

Interesting, I know TWI always took cheating very seriously and if there is one company to really put effort especially when it comes to overlooking ranked servers, its them. Can't wait for RO2.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
70. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 18, 2011, 05:42 KilrathiAce

People still seem to argue about things that are irrelevant in the big picture, where you have less options to buy a game.

However, there was interesting sign where Alice 2 I thought going to be exclusive but its now on steam too, I hope that may give a chance to some EA games being exclusive to origin for short time and then be available on other places such as steam, I hope this trend continue and when sales occur on steam vs origin I will post here spamming every time to make sure people see it.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

53. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 12:36 KilrathiAce

You can argue all day, fact is stores like steam offer insane amount of deals on frequent basis, same with other places such as impulse, gamersgate etc... when you limit all ea games to origin only those sales deals and their frequency will be limited and thus the choices for the customer. Just thinking about all the games I bought or almost bought on the insane steam sales for past year, in many cases I never seen such deals elsewhere or as often. Say what you want but now limiting all those games published by EA to origin digital source is bad for me the customer.  

36. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 10:21 KilrathiAce

God, its like some people must be blind if they havent seen how many deals and sale events places like steam offer every month. If you think EA is gonna do anything close to that on their origin store then you must also believe in santa clause. Frequency and the deals itself that occur on steam and other dd services is great for customer, plenty of options. In future you will only have one place to buy EA titles and thus those options are down the crapper. EA is a company that cares only about increasing profit, so maybe they trying to cut off places like steam which gets piece of the profit, what makes you think they gonna magically start to offer as many sales and deals on origin knowing well that those games are not offered anywhere else? IN fact they can even charge more than before.  

34. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 10:12 KilrathiAce

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 23:41:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:24:
You fail to realize that if this game will only be sold online in digital form at origin and nowhere else like gamersgate or steam or impulse, then you will most likely have to pay more because there will be less chance of a sale deal, less options to look for good deals.

I told you this in the other thread: EA control digital prices on all their games anyway. Steam cannot do a sale on an EA game without EA approving it. EA set the prices.

Incorrect, steam had sales for many ea titles while ea did not offer those kind of deals on their store, there are many examples especially during steam large sale events.

Origin will be only digital distributor where you can get digital purchase of this game and thus there will be less options when it comes to buying future ea titles such as bf3, me3 etc... People try to compare this to blizzard but blizzard is more of a developer and much smaller company compared to EA that is a big publishing company under which many developers roll out games like mass effect, bf series, and others. Having all those games available only on 1 dd will be bad for customers. Think whatever you want but thats the situation.

9. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 16, 2011, 22:38 KilrathiAce

Blegvad wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:33:
That may be true.

I would guess that EA is equating themselves with Blizzard in terms of their sales and marketing.

You can't buy WOW on steam, right? How often is the WOW client on sale?

Not saying it's going to work out for them, but I'm thinking that is the logic they are using.

Problem is WoW is just 1 big mmo game, and it was like that from the beginng. Plus you have to pay montly fee for WoW. However, with EA there are games such as mass effect series, Battlefield series etc... you get the idea, and previous games were on all digital download stores but now looks like they will all only be available on one digital download store the Origin. This really sucks for the customer. Lame move.

7. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 16, 2011, 22:24 KilrathiAce

Blegvad wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:21:
Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 22:10:
Way to limit yourself on an already underwhelming response so far. Are they trying to get this thing to fail on purpose?

If you're game, we can probably come up with a way for you to let go of your hate.

Perhaps we can arrange for someone to buy you some beer or at the very least give you a much needed hug. Sound good?

You fail to realize that if this game will only be sold online in digital form at origin and nowhere else like gamersgate or steam or impulse, then you will most likely have to pay more because there will be less chance of a sale deal, less options to look for good deals.

5. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 16, 2011, 22:14 KilrathiAce

But will it be available on steam? I ask because that way there will be more deal opportunities. Oh wait after re reading that it means that the game wont be available for purchase anywhere else but origin... sucks especially since the only deals or sales you can hope for will be on origin and not on places like steam or impulse etc.... this kinda sucks.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2011, 22:21.

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
52. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 16, 2011, 07:38 KilrathiAce

Krovven wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 20:02:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 19:01:
Dirt3 does not use steamworks and thus is not bound by terms with valve, it can have dlcs sold elsewhere and not steam as much as they want.

I don't recall Crysis 2 using Steamworks. Doesn't help that even as an owner of Crysis 2 on Steam I cannot view the store page to check. But doing a quick search, it appears that it is indeed not a Steamworks game.

Crysis 2 bought on steam does use steamworks, however Crysis 2 does not require steam or steamworks to run. This is same situation as men of war assault squad. If DMS or 1C did dlc for men of war assault squad thats not sold through steam, same situation would occur, they have to sell dlcs through steam. But the game itself does not require to use steam to play.

38. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 19:01 KilrathiAce

Krovven wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 18:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 17:44:
Steam hasn't the slightest problem with dlc, as long as its not exclusively tied to a service thats not steam.

Not entirely true. You can see Dirt 3 DLC on GFWL that is not on Steam, among others.

That's why I'm thinking we don't have all the facts yet.

Dirt3 does not use steamworks and thus is not bound by terms with valve, it can have dlcs sold elsewhere and not steam as much as they want.

28. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 17:28 KilrathiAce

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 17:23:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 17:21:
Negative, the version of alice 2 sold on gamersgate does not require or use origin to run the game, I did check on this , if it did it would be listed under requirements, thats how gamersgate does their requirements and provides info like this.

Yeah, it says SecuROM. I wonder if that is a misprint. The boxed version certainly ties to Origin.

I dont think so, alice 2 is only exclusive on origin or as EA thinks until june 17, I dont think the game is origin only as in it has to use origin service/drm, although I maybe wrong, I am gonna try to find out.

21. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 17:21 KilrathiAce

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 17:02:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 16:48:
I would wait for statement from valve before making judgement, because alice 2 is not made by crytek and its not on steam, yet it is available on gamersgate, even though origin states its exclusive to origin. So... confused here, will alice 2 be available on steam after 17th? why is alice 2 on gamersgate even tough supposed to be exclusive to origin?

The Gamersgate version likely uses Origin as it's DRM, making the game "only on Origin" despite being sold elsewhere. The same thing applies to any Steamworks game, you can buy them in a box or on other store sites but they are still Steam games, and in effect "only on Steam."

EA made a special version of Dragon Age 2 for Steam that did not tie to Origin but it remains to be seen whether they do the same thing with Alice or not. If they don't that's a pretty good indication all future EA titles will tie to Origin and thus not be sold on Steam. We shall see!

Negative, the version of alice 2 sold on gamersgate does not require or use origin to run the game, I did check on this , if it did it would be listed under requirements, thats how gamersgate does their requirements and provides info like this.

17. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 17:15 KilrathiAce

It seems I understand now, basically if a game uses steamworks, its bound by extra set of terms with steam/valve, as in one all dlcs have to be sold on steam. Crysis 2 offers dlcs within game not through steam and that violated the terms. Take a look at mass effect 2, it sold dlcs from within game that were not on steam but because the game did not use steamworks, it did not violate the rules.  

9. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 16:58 KilrathiAce

Sell content from within itself rule is weird because games that used gfwl but were sold on steam such as dow2, they allowed content to be sold from within game yet they were never pulled from steam.  

7. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 16:48 KilrathiAce

I would wait for statement from valve before making judgement, because alice 2 is not made by crytek and its not on steam, yet it is available on gamersgate, even though origin states its exclusive to origin. So... confused here, will alice 2 be available on steam after 17th? why is alice 2 on gamersgate even tough supposed to be exclusive to origin?  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
137. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 15:53 KilrathiAce

cnet news on ea and steam

Update (June 15, 2011, 9:55 a.m. PT): Electronic Arts sent us this statement in regard to the removal of Crysis 2 from Steam: "It's unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis II from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA. Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service--many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis II from Steam."

We've asked EA for clarification regarding Alice: The Madness Returns also disappearing from Steam. We've also reached out to Valve Software for comment, and will update with any further information accordingly.

I hope we will hear from Valve on this subject because while I can believe crysis 2 being pulled for some terms violation(i bet it has to do with upcoming dlc maybe being exclusive to specific service) I see no reason why alice 2 is not on steam. Before you say its exclusive to origin till 17th june, thats not true its available and even on sale on gamersgate.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2011, 16:11.

107. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 13:15 KilrathiAce

Velvet if you want to buy Alice 2, its still on gamersgate, but I suggest you hurry.

Oh and Velvet to me bigger issue is losing all the deals and sales that games receive on steam and how often they occur. I dont see EA doing much in terms of deals for their new games anytime soon if they go origin exclusive. This is big problem for me, because paying for a game is the most important part.

97. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 12:51 KilrathiAce

Great post Verno, right on the money.  

88. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 11:51 KilrathiAce

Great deals often ROFL, thats a good one gl finding a good deal on a newly released game as fast as on steam or big sales and as often as what steam does. You are dreaming, especially if EA does make their games fully exclusive to origin. Then they will have no reason at all to put newer games on sale till year later earliest.

Gamersgate still carrying crysis 2 and even new alice right now, I hope they continue to carry EA titles as thats my last hope to buy EA games in future like me3.

News Comments > THQ On Dawn of War III
2. Re: THQ On Dawn of War III Jun 15, 2011, 10:15 KilrathiAce

So basically CoH online is a trail for what DoW3 basically be and most likely it will be mostly a mmo? hmm  

1463 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo