Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1483 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine
12. Re: CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine Feb 19, 2012, 04:23 KilrathiAce

ROFL someone wrote that xbox 360 at some point had a "lead" on high end PC, that made my day laughing.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine
1. Re: CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine Feb 18, 2012, 02:06 KilrathiAce

"capable of taking advantage of PC advances as well as the next generation of consoles"

lol, love those kind of statements.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
8. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Feb 11, 2012, 22:55 KilrathiAce

PHJF wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 17:43:
Yeah instead of expecting the game I paid $50 for to get patched I should "quit whining" and buy fixes for it. Good call.

LOL, mwll developers have nothing to do with crytek, go cry to crytek about it. mwll developers had to switch to wars in order to solve some of their problems and improve the mod, its not their fault crytek no longer patches crysis games. And one could of bought crysis wars over holidays and few other sales for 5 bucks... so stop your crying.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
5. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Feb 11, 2012, 17:13 KilrathiAce

Crysis Wars has improvmeents over crysis mainly in net/mp related areas, this is why you should play instead of whining u want it to stay on buggier crysis.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Reveal This Year
13. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Reveal This Year Feb 10, 2012, 12:38 KilrathiAce

Does this engine actually take advantage of latest PC tech? or is it just tailored for weak console tech  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad GotY Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad GotY Edition Feb 9, 2012, 11:04 KilrathiAce

Do not forget there are some good mods of various types out for this game as well:

http://www.moddb.com/games/men-of-war-assault-squad/

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/forumdisplay.php?103-Mod-Release

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Live
6. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 11:53 KilrathiAce

Do they still block people in different regions from playing with each other for games like their starcraft 2 ? lol if so bye  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
34. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 21:15 KilrathiAce

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 20:37:
Quboid wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 20:18:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 20:00:
I love how they act as this is something special, a suprise. In reality PC version should of had higher resolution textures available from the get go, considering the game cost was $60 on PC, but it was not full PC game at release but more of a console port, yet they charged full price. Yes, they making up for that now, however as for me I remember things like this and as result will always wait for sales instead of buying games from this company at release.

Word got out, yet sales kept going strong. It was pretty clear that the textures would be low res before the release and it would have been minutes after the release before the complaints arrived. We knew what we were getting and we are entitled to nothing more. This high-res pack, if true, is a bonus, not an entitlement. A developer does go the extra mile for PC gamers and what do you do? You bitch about it.

Cheers. "hard-core pc gamers" commonly do have this air of entitlement to them, often dismissing the gestures made towards appreciating them as "too little, too late" because PC is no longer the target platform for releases.

Your other alternative is that Bethesda do nothing. No additional free content for PC players, only DLC. Simply charge less on PC for the *exact* same game that is on consoles, with higher resolution settings? That is ridiculous, they would hurt their own sales on their target platform but undercutting it with a cheaper version on PC. Makes no business sense at all. Plus youre paying the same price for the same game, either way, in the end. Bethesda is doing a great job following up their release with quick and sensible patches, utilities & likely higher res textures for all PC players. This is beyond doubt the most successful release they've ever had, both monetarily, and in regards to general stability of the game/flow of support since release.

I think there are much better targets for your "PC gamer nerd-rage".

You just sum up why I was smart to wait and eventually buy it on a sale because the initial product was just a console port not worthy of full price on PC in my opinion. As a result I will not be paying the same price in the end. Because in the end I will be paying dirt cheap for a game thats fully patched to a state that is more worthy of a game taking full advantage of PC.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
25. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 20:00 KilrathiAce

I love how they act as this is something special, a suprise. In reality PC version should of had higher resolution textures available from the get go, considering the game cost was $60 on PC, but it was not full PC game at release but more of a console port, yet they charged full price. Yes, they making up for that now, however as for me I remember things like this and as result will always wait for sales instead of buying games from this company at release.  

News Comments > Hold Your ME3 Save Games
16. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 04:17 KilrathiAce

Bioware should invest into improving their engine tech before going out and telling us how great everything will be. Oh and while at it how about go back to a true rpg type of feeling to their games as well... but I highly doubt it.  

News Comments > THQ Layoffs
3. Re: THQ Layoffs Jan 28, 2012, 02:13 KilrathiAce

Yea, canceling w40k mmo is definitely shifting focus away from licensed entertainment for children. A lot more is going on.  

News Comments > New ATI/AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers
3. Re: New ATI/AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers Jan 25, 2012, 17:05 KilrathiAce

Very happy about the specific crossfire profile options!  

News Comments > Origin Expanding
33. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 22:27 KilrathiAce

Some people forget at the head of all this is EA. If you havent learned a lesson about EA yet or even trust them then go ahead lol.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
38. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 15:48 KilrathiAce

Too bad UBI still doesnt support their games.  

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
85. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 20, 2012, 02:17 KilrathiAce

Considering they havent released anything new worth mentioning, they should feel lucky anyways.  

News Comments > Skyrim Version 1.4 and Creation Kit Near
14. Re: Skyrim Version 1.4 and Creation Kit Near Jan 20, 2012, 02:15 KilrathiAce

Bethesda is slowly starting to treat PC side of this game with some respect it seems, although I am sure the record breaking sales was the only reason. Still, this is great sign.  

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
27. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 14:34 KilrathiAce

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 09:24:
necrosis wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 07:27:
I love people who will buy ME3 but just not with Origin even tho you still have to use it to play and your still supporting this pathetic service and company.

Damned hypocrites.

The real hypocrites are the ones that would buy this on Steam excitedly, because Valve DRM is somehow different than EA DRM.

Its about supporting the company that cares about its customers. Open your eyes one day. Oh and if the game is good but not on steam I will still play it but not support EA heh.

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
13. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 03:15 KilrathiAce

Good thing I qualify for not having to pay for this crap.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
53. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:44 KilrathiAce

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 16:40:
P.S. - I know quite a few liars who told me they would never, ever play BF3 because of Origin. Fuck EA, etc., etc., etc. And then I drop in unexpectedly and they are playing BF3, or I call and hear BF3 in the background, or they say "Hi" in game and then don't respond when I ask about their obviously flexible truthism.

I wonder how many of you in your righteous fury are also full of shit.

Thare are always people who lie, get used to it. However, in my case I thought about trying BF3 because I remember BF2 enjoyable moments years ago but the fact that its not available on steam makes it easy decision to play other games instead. As for ME3, cough cough they dont want me to buy thats no problem.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
51. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:36 KilrathiAce

Thats too bad for EA, I bought both me 1 and 2 because it was on steam, this one I plan to play it at some point but surely wont be paying for it if its not on steam. Oh and Bioware may want to make sure the game is actually good and maybe one year they actually upgrade their engine and tech because dragon age 2 was junk, oh and swtor graphics are like something from 2003. So maybe they need to like work more on the game and worry less about how they gonna distribute and whether there will be pointless pre order deals.  

1483 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo