Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1521 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta
8. Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta Jul 31, 2012, 03:01 KilrathiAce

I think all their work would be better put if they came to some agreement with crytek to use source code and release this as a game down the road. I think mechwarrior online which also has some old mechwarrior hardcore fans as developers will steal the show from this title due to the bugs and rough shape of the game due to original crysis wars netcode and bugs. Without being able to address those properly without source code this will be tough situation.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
125. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 08:28 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 21:12:
I'm interested to know what evidence and logic Gabe can offer for his statements about Windows 8.

I don't know much but some statements written about windows 8 here got me scared big time, it almost fees like win8 ms is trying to turn pc gaming into xbox live(win8 metro)

Statements from discussion here that got me really sad about windows 8:

- Under current Windows 8 Metro, apps and games have to be digitally signed and certified by Microsoft and installed by MS's Marketplace service. So I wouldn't say it's impossible, but Valve and Microsoft must work out a deal, either to allow Steam storefront to distribute Marketplace games or get Steam games to be signed and approved by Microsoft (and take additional cut of the revenue). I don't see either happening because Microsoft is likely to promote their own distribution service over Steam.

- That sounds naive. Metro apps have to be signed and certified by Microsoft to be allowed onto the store, its not as simple as just making one and putting it out there. I doubt Microsoft would allow in app purchases to be free, their whole business model is literally copying the iOS store so they would want a cut. The longest they would allow any freemium model for is the period it takes them to get a comparable number of apps to iOS and Android

- Win8 only boots into metro, no option to go to desktop by default, and windows marketplace is the only digital distribution service allowed. Period. If you want steam you must switch to desktop which is now brushed aside as legacy by Microsoft with no guaranteed future support

this is quite sad if true, oh god and that also makes me wonder that would also mean every time developer wants to patch or test patch it has to go through that tiresome ms certification oh GOD no. Further I guess if someone wanted to patch metro app/game MS would take fees for every time they push an update just like Xbox live which would be horrible for smaller developers. Guess only hope is that windows 8 desktop/legacy will still be supported but the way things are looking as far as pc gaming goes there is no way in hell i am upgrading to windows 8 from 7. Of course I have faith that many PC gamers if they choose to use 8 they stick to using desktop and that MS doesnt concentrate on metro only.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 08:49.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
124. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 08:17 KilrathiAce

I hope ms dont stop supporting win7 anytime soon because this will be last windows I ever own the way things look ahead.  

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2012, 02:47 KilrathiAce

Another reason why XLBA/GFWL is bad for gaming industry in general, I remember how painful was to get patched for dow2 while it was using gfwl, this was one of the reasons why relic switched to use steam for game distrubution/patching etc....  

News Comments > Street Fighter X Tekken on GFWL Now; Steam This Week
1. Re: Street Fighter X Tekken on GFWL Now; Steam This Week Jul 22, 2012, 15:09 KilrathiAce

Unfortunate error is that this game uses GFWL and thus thats basically a fail right there.  

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
15. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 11:04 KilrathiAce

Havent bought any BF since bf2 and looks like nothing to see here. Although at this point I avoid any EA title.  

News Comments > The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts?
17. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 16:58 KilrathiAce

Hope he finds a new job at a developer thats not ruined and under claws of EA.  

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
8. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 11:59 KilrathiAce

another f2p crap, its one thing for ea to totally ruin bioware and its games over past few years but now its going to hit new low with f2p stuff.  

News Comments > Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme
48. Re: Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme Jul 11, 2012, 08:04 KilrathiAce

mch wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 16:40:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 16:15:
Last worthy nin album was like in 2000 or something, guess he got lazy

While there was a decent gap between The Fragile (~2000) and With Teeth (~2005), the amount of music he has put out and the amount of tours he's done since then makes your "lazy" claim absolutely laughable (regardless of whether you find his recent work "worthy").

His work before 2000 was innovative and truly great, most of the stuff after 2000 is nothing special and some of it is pretty much "elevator music". Sure there are few exceptions but overall he just decided to do small project here and there nothing special.

News Comments > Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme
32. Re: Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme Jul 10, 2012, 16:15 KilrathiAce

Last worthy nin album was like in 2000 or something, guess he got lazy  

News Comments > Killing Floor Summer Sideshow
5. Re: Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Jul 7, 2012, 23:12 KilrathiAce

some of the new weapons are way overpowered and they even made xbow fire faster so game is actually easier now...  

News Comments > BF3 Double XP Week
2. Re: BF3 Double XP Week Jul 2, 2012, 23:17 KilrathiAce

They should throw in some hats.... lol ya they should also make this pos free.  

News Comments > EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period"
24. Re: EA to "Be a 100% Digital Company, Period" Jul 2, 2012, 23:16 KilrathiAce

Does this mean they will go back to making good games and not killing developers such as bioware?  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content
1. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content Jun 21, 2012, 12:01 KilrathiAce

This patch is not final yet this is why its on steam only and no retail version of the patch available yet. They gonna update the patch with new localization and small fixes still I believe.  

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
28. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 8, 2012, 16:02 KilrathiAce

Rage is bad, once they realize this maybe then someone at ID will wake up.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 2, 2012, 22:21 KilrathiAce

nytimes requires me to login/have account just to read news sorry nope  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend
12. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend May 24, 2012, 01:16 KilrathiAce

TWI is simply afraid of http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/ (iron front) game coming out this week, it will offer basically everything RO2 promised but never really delivered. Iron Front will at the very least deliver best armor system (ww2) in gaming nowdays.

Developers of DH Darkest Hour mod for ro1 also working on new game, hopefully that will prove good.

TWI tried to make RO2 appeal to both old ro1 gamers/sim lovers and new kiddies fps community and in the end they didnt appeal really to anyone, I think if they stuck to old values it be much better.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
3. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 20:43 KilrathiAce

I hope blizzard fails bad, I hate what they did to online gaming with their region blocks for sc2. Imagine if u had region locks for other games online it would suck big time. I hate blizzard.

Of course since all those people (2 mil or something) already smoked the hype bong and pre ordered the game, blizzard already made enough money to not care that much.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2012, 20:50.

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Free DLC
8. Re: Take On Helicopters Free DLC May 14, 2012, 04:41 KilrathiAce

Yes go ahead and give money to EA or UBI, dont forget to give money for the dlcs at release too let them rob u blind.  

News Comments > Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer
11. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 12, 2012, 04:37 KilrathiAce

Sigh, these "cash grab" games remind me of those cheesy movies that are titled close to big block busters in hopes of cashing in on the similar name.  

1521 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo