Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1539 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
25. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 22:40 KilrathiAce

Maybe this will help clarify his vision, because he lost "it" long ago.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs
20. Re: Far Cry 3 DRM Details, Specs Sep 25, 2012, 18:14 KilrathiAce

Word of advice to UBI, stop worrying about DRM and make sure this game is good at release and support it well if your goal is for this game to be a flagship game or big title...

Post game support with many titles is what throws off many people from this company.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 for PC Status
21. Re: Resident Evil 6 for PC Status Sep 20, 2012, 02:12 KilrathiAce

Hey Rattlehead maybe you are not bright to realize that releasing a game on another platfrom half a year or more later means they care less about that platform thats why its called 2nd class. If they did in fact care as much then it would be developed and released same time or first. As for version being superior, no sh*t sherlock after months of extra development one assumes it to be superior otherwise they should get out of business since their employees wouldnt be doing their job. Damn moron.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 for PC Status
12. Re: Resident Evil 6 for PC Status Sep 19, 2012, 16:22 KilrathiAce

Since they treat pc gamers are 2nd class lowly gamers I assume price will reflect this.  

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
32. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 12, 2012, 05:48 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 06:56:
He will soon be asking for money on Kickstarter and I'm sure he will get it.

better if he gets it but retains control than if he went to work for EA or under EA heh

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
10. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 10, 2012, 22:15 KilrathiAce

Hey, I am gonna have to shoot down more terran carriers it seems in my Jalthi heavy fighter  

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access
2. Re: Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 29, 2012, 22:49 KilrathiAce

Why is the font color of this news different than all other items?  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
146. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 24, 2012, 05:57 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:39:
Did the Yves guy twitter or clarify about those numbers?

no follow up anywhere about source of those numbers so this is still like reading bs.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
130. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 21:36 KilrathiAce

I think he mixed the numbers, thats often UBI games either suck, released in unfinished state and get no support. 95% of the time? Sounds right to me.

PS. If we are going to publish statistical numbers like this how about providing source of how those statistics were obtained? Otherwise anyone can say whatever % statistics they want to support their agenda. There is no mention of how those statistics were obtained and until that is provided this is BS.

News Comments > Assault Squad Online Open Beta
4. Re: Assault Squad Online Open Beta Aug 20, 2012, 01:25 KilrathiAce

I agree with posters here, stop with this nonsense, have some balls and support mowas more and further either shell out to license gem3 and make next game on gem 3 engine or have a different plan but this while may bring u some revenue is not what should be the highlight of dms after mowas. This is crap.  

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
46. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 05:32 KilrathiAce

I hope I wont have to read about OnLive again after this, hopefully they be non existant.  

News Comments > Spector Calls Out Carmack & Sweeney
23. Re: Spector Calls Out Carmack & Sweeney Aug 16, 2012, 18:59 KilrathiAce

Carmack and Sweeny are past their innovative age, when was the last game they made that anyone cared about? Oh yea.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
28. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 18:56 KilrathiAce

UBI does not care for customer often not supporting their titles as proven with silent hunter series, many of their games are either not supported or in horrible state and literally suck nowdays. So no suprise I have no desire to even care about Uplay, may as well call it Toilet as far as I am concerned.  

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2012, 16:25 KilrathiAce

Besides the port being done properly to take advantage of PC the game itself has to be good, many games suck they fail to mention this.  

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
90. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 11, 2012, 17:17 KilrathiAce

Steam for me is only for games and maybe modding like their workshop but anything else sorry nope.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 10, 2012, 03:10 KilrathiAce

Kim Dotcom must of had "datas of mass destruction" since they sent in like 2 tac sub-machine squads and 5 or so of vehicles 2 helicopters to his property and beat him up even though they already seized his data/servers elsewhere...  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch
3. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 14:43 KilrathiAce

Exaclty, if this game uses gfwl we be stuck 1-2 weeks waiting for this patch and forced to use crap client.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
48. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 4, 2012, 04:25 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:24:
Panickd wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:21:
Wow. It must be the age of everyone dusting off their moldy IPs to see what money they can squeeze out of them.
Also known as the "Era of Sequels and Prequels."

this holds for movies nowdays too.

News Comments > MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta
8. Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends Open Beta Jul 31, 2012, 03:01 KilrathiAce

I think all their work would be better put if they came to some agreement with crytek to use source code and release this as a game down the road. I think mechwarrior online which also has some old mechwarrior hardcore fans as developers will steal the show from this title due to the bugs and rough shape of the game due to original crysis wars netcode and bugs. Without being able to address those properly without source code this will be tough situation.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
125. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 08:28 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 21:12:
I'm interested to know what evidence and logic Gabe can offer for his statements about Windows 8.

I don't know much but some statements written about windows 8 here got me scared big time, it almost fees like win8 ms is trying to turn pc gaming into xbox live(win8 metro)

Statements from discussion here that got me really sad about windows 8:

- Under current Windows 8 Metro, apps and games have to be digitally signed and certified by Microsoft and installed by MS's Marketplace service. So I wouldn't say it's impossible, but Valve and Microsoft must work out a deal, either to allow Steam storefront to distribute Marketplace games or get Steam games to be signed and approved by Microsoft (and take additional cut of the revenue). I don't see either happening because Microsoft is likely to promote their own distribution service over Steam.

- That sounds naive. Metro apps have to be signed and certified by Microsoft to be allowed onto the store, its not as simple as just making one and putting it out there. I doubt Microsoft would allow in app purchases to be free, their whole business model is literally copying the iOS store so they would want a cut. The longest they would allow any freemium model for is the period it takes them to get a comparable number of apps to iOS and Android

- Win8 only boots into metro, no option to go to desktop by default, and windows marketplace is the only digital distribution service allowed. Period. If you want steam you must switch to desktop which is now brushed aside as legacy by Microsoft with no guaranteed future support

this is quite sad if true, oh god and that also makes me wonder that would also mean every time developer wants to patch or test patch it has to go through that tiresome ms certification oh GOD no. Further I guess if someone wanted to patch metro app/game MS would take fees for every time they push an update just like Xbox live which would be horrible for smaller developers. Guess only hope is that windows 8 desktop/legacy will still be supported but the way things are looking as far as pc gaming goes there is no way in hell i am upgrading to windows 8 from 7. Of course I have faith that many PC gamers if they choose to use 8 they stick to using desktop and that MS doesnt concentrate on metro only.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 08:49.

1539 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo