Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1588 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call to Arms Early Access
3. Re: Call to Arms Early Access Jul 30, 2015, 23:11 KilrathiAce

Rhett wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:54:
I'm also eagerly looking forward to this, though the devs were kinda sketchy on MoW: Assault Squad 2. The price was low-ish, and they did patch it up and add content, but still a little annoyed they made MP AI a seperate DLC.

AS2 is still going to get major patch and other patches soon. One of them has to do with dx11 which will fix steam overlay and some oos issues.

Keep in mind that AS2 was done under 1C company as they own men of war franchise, but with call to arms DMS is in full control, you will see different level of dedication as result.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions
9. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 05:56 KilrathiAce

Windows 10 store? no thanks.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
15. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 12:12 KilrathiAce

Those that did not use steam guard deserved to be hacked.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
26. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 06:25 KilrathiAce

Hope this doesnt have any of those stupid click/quick time events and graphics guiding people where to go like all the console crap nowdays.  

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
43. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 20, 2015, 05:41 KilrathiAce

Slick wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 05:33:
killer_roach wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 19:07:
EA seems to still be fighting with Steam over the fact that they don't want to pay Valve 30% of DLC sold on Steam, that they feel that it's their software selling the DLC and not the service. Don't see that being a winning strategy, but they're free to be stubborn.

not having to pay a competitor %30 of gross... (much higher than %30 of profits), you don't see that as a winning strategy?

So if it cost you $10 to develop a game, and your sales are $15, then you have a %33 profit margin. If you put it on steam, it goes from %33 to %3 profits. Or from $5 to 45 cents. I'd say that's a good enough reason to sell your own damn games.

Unless you really really like the idea of handing the lion's share of all your hard work to your biggest competitor Rolleyes

You must of forgot it costs a lot to run your own online store/services similar to what steam has which is what origin is....

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
30. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 20:58 KilrathiAce

Never touch EA or Origin crap  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 21:32 KilrathiAce

The only thing that could save Chris is when Kilrathi invade earth in reality.  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
19. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 14:32 KilrathiAce

Time to smash any games and devs that do this  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Switches to Unreal Engine 4
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Switches to Unreal Engine 4 Jul 17, 2015, 04:19 KilrathiAce

Switching engines wont save this from being what it is, shovelware.  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
39. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 00:48 KilrathiAce

Actually danger of refunds would possibly help steer chris roberts onto the path of actually accomplishing original goals.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 04:23 KilrathiAce

You can smell all the bs miles away from WB Games  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
140. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 13:40 KilrathiAce

Chris Roberts have talent but his problem is he tries to everything because he gets sidetracked with all his dreams, he needs to get back to basics of making the core game and basically get a shrink to help him block off all the distractions such as directing or fps modules... etc etc....

He has to mentally go back in his head to the days when he worked under EA with Origin and had to deliver results with specific budget, and deliver limited goals but effective.

I think most people were looking to play great space fighter sim and NOT real life future simulator where u can even go to bathroom in full 3d.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
83. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 18:43 KilrathiAce

I think Derek Smart should take his experience, expertise and wisdom and join Chris Roberts to right the ship that is Star Citizen.  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
25. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 17:08 KilrathiAce

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:40:
Ludomancer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:09:
That shit is going to rape control and privacy from the user once and for all. >:(

You think that you still have privacy? That ended over a decade ago.

Thats the kind of approach that will get you *****.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
30. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 13:58 KilrathiAce

I guess next on agenda will be "survival module" because thats whats hot now. Have star citizen ship crash on any random planet and then enable fps module as u learn to survive on the planet!

LOL

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
24. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 21:01 KilrathiAce

This is good, hopefully this is result of steam having refund system, I bet they wouldnt put much mind into this if there was no refunding. Further, they should of done this before they released the game had any of those imbeciles actually loaded up the game and tried playing it at their QA(if they even have one).  

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
16. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 18:54 KilrathiAce

Problem is that the game not only performs horribly and have other issues like reverting to dx10 in some cases and crashing, but the game itself as a video game is horrid, the game play is basically interactive movie, this game reminds me of those fmv interactive "games" back in 90's for CD-I, except this uses in game engine..lol.

Yea I guess nowdays those devs can say hey we got the license and we got "great story" as for actual game blah, lets just charge $60. CASH MONEY.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
13. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 24, 2015, 18:49 KilrathiAce

I could write but I found someone posted something I was going to post and maybe even better:

The card has a terrible name and is overpriced to hell.

4gb of v-ram isn't gonna sell to the masses that want to invest more then 500+ on a premium videocard. No matter what the speed is, the 290 series should have already showcased this.

AMD is interesting for most people as a good solid alternative from nvidia that pushes high performance for cheaper prices. The fact that the fury x isn't pulling away from the 980ti and the 980ti is faster is absolutely not going to sell this card. It makes it non existent for people.

In my opinion anybody with a 290 and 7970 are better off waiting or simple crossfire there card to get the same / better results if they can deal with crossfire for far more cheaper, and sit this generation out entirely until both company's move to hbm2 next year + we have a die shrink etc.

It also doesn't help amd that with the lackbusting flag ship cards, there normal 300 series looks like completely useless and non existent. Because it's simple a rebrand and we already had those card. If you wanted a 390x or 390 you would have gotten a 290/290x already and oc'ed it to get the same results. So for who are those cards exactly? specially with there premium price on top of it. The 390x and 390 are way to slow to push the 8gb of v-ram anyway.

In other words the whole 300 series + fury lineup seems to be far way from what people wanted from AMD and in my view they seem to be almost non existent because of this move. It also doesn't help that they are extremely late to the party, the 980 is already old news and therefore the entire 300 series lineup is old news.

What they should have done:

1) Cut hbm from the fury x / fury, push gddr5 on it and throw 8gb on it.
2) sell it for 499 fury x / 399 for fury
3) rename the fury x and fury towards 390 and 390x, so that people actually have the feeling that the 300 series is actually not non existent or useless, people know with the 200 series with what to expect
4) release the 395x2 with watercooling with 2x8gb chips.

Then just sit this year out and release next year.

1) hbm2 card with 8gb v-ram or even more, and move into the 400 series.

In my opinion as i have a 290, i see no interest in this entire 300/fury solution to upgrade towards, unless you upgrade every year, but even then the 980 ti seems to be far more interesting to go for.

source: Overclock.net Post

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
15. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 16:07 KilrathiAce

PC owners should use steams new refund policy and refund the game until it is in proper state for PC(if ever).  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2015, 05:05 KilrathiAce

I have better idea, how about not have xbox one at all and just use pc. Thanks.  

1588 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo