Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1551 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
42. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 23:00 KilrathiAce

Retired wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:04:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:51:
Can they patch the gameplay?
https://youtu.be/QIeEZeKN8JE

That guy is playing on Easy.
His attempt to be Angry Gamer or Yahtzee is very poorly implemented.

Anyone that has played the game knows that guy has no idea what he is talking about.

lol no, on hardest difficulty the farming doesnt matter at all and combat is bascially same thing

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
35. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 19:51 KilrathiAce

Can they patch the gameplay?
https://youtu.be/QIeEZeKN8JE

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 18, 2015, 23:26 KilrathiAce

They should cancel that garbage.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 18, 2015, 07:30 KilrathiAce

more reasons to dump chrome, thank you google for making it easy choice.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 23:08 KilrathiAce

F konami  

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2015, 01:24 KilrathiAce

jacobvandy wrote on May 13, 2015, 23:59:
Anonymous source inside CDPR confirming Witcher 3 graphics downgrade.

tl;dr - Their demos from 2013 were accurate representations of what the game would have looked like if the next-gen consoles weren't complete and utter shite. He says that, upon finding out they grossly over-estimated the power of the PS4 and Xbone, they were forced to cater to the lowest common denominator, insisting they didn't/don't have the resources to tailor separate versions of the game to each platform's abilities.

If even half of this is true then cross development of this game between PC and those consoles hurt the PC version quite a bit when it comes to graphics...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 05:31 KilrathiAce

ms can confirm whatever they want, in 10 or 20 years when there is new leadership etc anything can happen. Saying there will never be another windows version or 11 is bunch of bull.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2015, 18:13 KilrathiAce

link to part 2 review of gta 5 multi gpu is wrong on the page here  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
11. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 3, 2015, 23:58 KilrathiAce

Kajetan wrote on May 2, 2015, 20:06:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 2, 2015, 18:48:
how about they make a wolfenstein game where you actually play as german using all the cool german toys to sneak and dominate lets say britain base or port.... and not always same thing...
Because than its not a Wolfenstein game, but something else. There is a reason some franchises cover always "the same".

Doubt owners of this franchise would let that go if someone made game like this from german point of view with similarities to this though

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 2, 2015, 18:49 KilrathiAce

Learn to build ur own systems and take ur laptop purchase choices online after a lot of research dont go to first closest staples and buy crap.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
1. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 2, 2015, 18:48 KilrathiAce

how about they make a wolfenstein game where you actually play as german using all the cool german toys to sneak and dominate lets say britain base or port.... and not always same thing...  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
19. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 13:17 KilrathiAce

Trying to police the internet is nice but really flawed strategy by TWI.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
120. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 11:45 KilrathiAce

So it appears Valve is removing links to donate on skyrim workshop items, wonder if they gonna cross this practice to other games. If so, this is horrible. As for SKSE, they made a statement:

SKSE STATEMENT

I know few people with big mods on other games on workshop who have option for donation offsite, I learned that most likely if Valve becomes a**es and take the donation links or comments off the items they will take their mods to other sites like moddb.

MORE STATEMENTS FROM VARIOUS SKYRIM MODDERS THERE

101. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 24, 2015, 00:08 KilrathiAce

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 23:26:
jomisab wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 23:06:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:40:
jomisab wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:21:
First off, Steam taking 75% is just insane, insulting, indefensible, and I'm sure a lot of other in- words.

It's a good thing they're not taking 75% then, huh?

Perhaps I should have worded it differently? How about "the content creator only getting 25% is just insane..."

You knew what I meant...

Well, no, that's a different statement entirely. We don't know how much Valve is getting, just that Bethesda chose to give the modder the standard rate (established previous to this whole thing) of 25%.

Here is what we do know:

Out of the 75% Valve receives the standard micro-transaction percentage and the rest goes to the game developers. So the question begs... how much % is the standard micro transaction that Valve gets?

91. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 22:22 KilrathiAce

Grokk wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:19:
A lot of people are going to get sued for a lot of bullshit over this.

Also, the 24hr refund policy doesn't actually work with the Australian law, so it should be interesting to see how that pans out over time.

On top of that, is a refund really a refund, or does it get converted into steam credit?

I'm sure there's a whole lot of legal jargon typed up somewhere that explains all of this and effectively allows Valve/Bethesda to avoid any kind of wrongdoing.

Could be an interesting few days, as the venting rage starts to dissipate and the really interesting thoughts/ideas around this begin to unfold and gain momentum.

Interesting ideas you mean like taking mods that are no longer supported by authors who maybe went to do other things in live and releasing those mods as yourelf claiming to be author and reapin the benefits? Ye, further mass dcma takedowns and considering in that case if anyone files a suit over copyrights since bethseda takes most of the revenue does that mean they can get sued for it?

88. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 22:17 KilrathiAce

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 21:19:
KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 20:45:
Yea, soon they may just release an engine and tools, then profit off the modders.

You mean like Skyrim?

Oh wait...

Actually most usefull modding stuff was made by modders such as SKSE which is used in a lot of skyrim mods. Authors always stated that they only allowed its use in freely available mods and not for profit(thats another matter and I hope the few folks from MIT who made SKSE get some good lawyers before planning their move now).

79. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 20:45 KilrathiAce

Yea, soon they may just release an engine and tools, then profit off the modders.  

65. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 18:40 KilrathiAce

Modders now are basically slaves for Bethesda as they only make less than 25%(taxes and fees) and rest mostly goes to Bethesda. So technically Bethesda now gonna make more money from modders than some DLC, since for DLC they have to pay their own employees/freelancers, QA it etc... but now they dont have to do anything lol.  

61. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 18:31 KilrathiAce

For anyone that is confused how much actual mod creator takes from sales and everyone else like valve or game maker:

The default Workshop contributor split is 25% (not including taxes). Valve receives the standard micro-transaction percentage and the rest goes to the game developers.

Enough f said.

30. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:54 KilrathiAce

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 15:28:
Perhaps a lot of you didn't catch the part where mod makers can put their mods up for FREE and you can choose to DONATE or not. Which is obviously what the majority of people will do. It's no different from when we used to have shareware. Donate or not, it's your choice. Jesus, calm down. I suspect a lot of people that want you to buy up front will quickly switch over to donations instead. Unless it's a seriously kickass mod, no one is going to pay for it.

Problem is, this is not even close to same as donation system, when you donate most of the money goes to the creator, for example if you donate over paypal small chunk about 10% may go to fees on paypal depending on paypal account type. But with this new valve system 75% of money goes to bethesda/valve and then on top of that there are fees for bank transfers and also taxes before rest of money goes to mod maker. So please don't even compare this to donate system.

Modders can actually already embedd donate via paypal on workshop items if they please.

1551 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo