Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1525 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
7. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 6, 2015, 22:29 KilrathiAce

Never gonna see a good innovative video game out of Crytek again, sad but at least they survive as a company  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
24. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 5, 2015, 06:23 KilrathiAce

I should try searching what I wrote about OnLive like what 2-3 years ago... lol  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
57. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:51 KilrathiAce

And still not willing to go after wing commander rights/franchise. Sad.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 17:32 KilrathiAce

Arma3 is great, as for gta5 lolz  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up
16. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up Mar 26, 2015, 16:54 KilrathiAce

They better do some follow ups with the game itself because problem is the game is not worth the money its pure junk, nevermind the drm.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
57. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 26, 2015, 08:32 KilrathiAce

Ea doesnt need to use DRM for games like hardline though, the game itself is pathetic, its almost like the fact how bad the game is, it makes it its own unique DRM because you dont even wanna bother try and pirate or crack it.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
53. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 17:05 KilrathiAce

EA sucks this been known and I been not buying any more EA titles for long time.

But I have seen reviews of this game and I have to say the game itself is a disgrace, but then you tack on this DRM and its disgusting.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
8. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:02 KilrathiAce

I guess this means gaming population in russia must be higher level than rest of the world.

any expansion outside of Russia would have to go through region-specific changes to address player expectations

Yep, basically players outside of russia have less attention span.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 22, 2015, 15:23 KilrathiAce

I care more about it running on high end and taking full advantage of high end fast hardware not garbage.  

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
45. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated] Mar 18, 2015, 17:08 KilrathiAce

Slick wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 17:06:
well, the law has no effect on Steam whatsoever, but I think that consumer protections are similar in the USA where you have 15-30 days to return pretty much anything to a store and they have to accept it and give a refund. unless it's in pieces.

software is a different kettle of fish, but I think that if it's being sold on a DRM service like Steam (so you can't copy that floppy), then it should be protected. What makes software unique is that often, once you possess it, you can keep the install and return the disc if bought in-store, which requires consideration.

In fact, this is about the only reason to be in favour for DRM services like Steam. They are protected against you using the software if it's not licensed to your account, so you should have a reasonable window to return it. There's no reasonable answer as to why this isn't already in place.

+1 for consumer protections, especially when dealing with companies who just sell just about anything without any quality checks.

So you are in favor of customers being able to basically rent"pirate" games off steam for 14 days and then return it for full refund? I think you would see this drastically different if you were the developer heh.

But this is moot point it seems at checkout you have to agree to waive this right if you play the game, I assume this policy can be used if you buy a gift and gift is never accepted or activated.

43. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated] Mar 18, 2015, 17:05 KilrathiAce

You know now that I think about this, there are some in fact many games that offer single player experience a story and many of them you can pretty much play to the fullest in 2 weeks and then with this law you can just return it for full refund WITHOUT GOOD REASON? This is actually shocking and bad for game developers the more you think about this. Folks are warming up their chops to abuse this system. This only means that single player story driven games will become even more extinct. sad.

EDIT

Slick wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:46:
apparently this rumour was started on reddit, and comes down to some random incorrectly interpreting very clear legalese

AHH YES now I understand lol

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 18, 2015, 13:54 KilrathiAce

I am sure MS will be fast to try to force everyone to use it even though I am perfectly fine on 7.  

34. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 13:49 KilrathiAce

Caslon wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 13:37:
Steam living down to their BBB rating of F. Steam is the first and only F grade I've seen the BBB give to a business. Well done Steam, well done!

What are the reasons? Sure my own experiences dont really mean much but I have never had any issues, and lately steam been great, especially the modding support with workshop which now is not evne tied to cloud storage.

Oh and the fact that most developers nowdays release buggy products and unfinished (even not early access ones) has nothing to do with Steam or Valve, its not Steam or Valve responsibility. If people are stupid enough to keep buying games from publishers that are known not never support their titles thats customer own fault.

News Comments > TITAN X Available
22. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 18, 2015, 06:44 KilrathiAce

I wish Titan X used HBM memory instead of gddr 5 then it would truly dominate without any doubts and for long time. for 1 grand there is no excuse why they didnt try to use HBM on this baby.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
7. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 14:36 KilrathiAce

For all that money so far we sure getting a lot of great videos, I hope that isnt as far as it will get.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
2. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 7, 2015, 13:26 KilrathiAce

they need few more millions before the module actually works and dont crash  

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
9. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 5, 2015, 03:40 KilrathiAce

dont trust MS enough to jump into win10 anytime soon once its available anyways.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
16. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 12:34 KilrathiAce

Problem is if you gonna play any of the games online such as fps games or even rts your connection is already gonna be exhausted by the streaming system so you will have horrible lag spikes and latencies for actual gaming online so yea, anyways overall this is a joke to me.

Again this model relies on internet, no matter how powerful the super computer is on the cloud if your internet has any hiccups or you playing during peak usage time you gonna end up most likely with more performance and streaming issues than someone on avg+ pc playing the game running off their pc.

News Comments > Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End
12. Re: Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End Mar 3, 2015, 00:07 KilrathiAce

this no limit on workshop been already implemented in games like men of war assault squad 2 weeks ago  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 2, 2015, 01:32 KilrathiAce

SSD's are fine especially latest generation, however that website and article was a rag, one can say "using any data storage for every day use or work, may want to backup often" lol  

1525 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo