Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1574 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
30. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 13:58 KilrathiAce

I guess next on agenda will be "survival module" because thats whats hot now. Have star citizen ship crash on any random planet and then enable fps module as u learn to survive on the planet!

LOL

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
24. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 21:01 KilrathiAce

This is good, hopefully this is result of steam having refund system, I bet they wouldnt put much mind into this if there was no refunding. Further, they should of done this before they released the game had any of those imbeciles actually loaded up the game and tried playing it at their QA(if they even have one).  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
16. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 18:54 KilrathiAce

Problem is that the game not only performs horribly and have other issues like reverting to dx10 in some cases and crashing, but the game itself as a video game is horrid, the game play is basically interactive movie, this game reminds me of those fmv interactive "games" back in 90's for CD-I, except this uses in game engine..lol.

Yea I guess nowdays those devs can say hey we got the license and we got "great story" as for actual game blah, lets just charge $60. CASH MONEY.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
13. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 24, 2015, 18:49 KilrathiAce

I could write but I found someone posted something I was going to post and maybe even better:

The card has a terrible name and is overpriced to hell.

4gb of v-ram isn't gonna sell to the masses that want to invest more then 500+ on a premium videocard. No matter what the speed is, the 290 series should have already showcased this.

AMD is interesting for most people as a good solid alternative from nvidia that pushes high performance for cheaper prices. The fact that the fury x isn't pulling away from the 980ti and the 980ti is faster is absolutely not going to sell this card. It makes it non existent for people.

In my opinion anybody with a 290 and 7970 are better off waiting or simple crossfire there card to get the same / better results if they can deal with crossfire for far more cheaper, and sit this generation out entirely until both company's move to hbm2 next year + we have a die shrink etc.

It also doesn't help amd that with the lackbusting flag ship cards, there normal 300 series looks like completely useless and non existent. Because it's simple a rebrand and we already had those card. If you wanted a 390x or 390 you would have gotten a 290/290x already and oc'ed it to get the same results. So for who are those cards exactly? specially with there premium price on top of it. The 390x and 390 are way to slow to push the 8gb of v-ram anyway.

In other words the whole 300 series + fury lineup seems to be far way from what people wanted from AMD and in my view they seem to be almost non existent because of this move. It also doesn't help that they are extremely late to the party, the 980 is already old news and therefore the entire 300 series lineup is old news.

What they should have done:

1) Cut hbm from the fury x / fury, push gddr5 on it and throw 8gb on it.
2) sell it for 499 fury x / 399 for fury
3) rename the fury x and fury towards 390 and 390x, so that people actually have the feeling that the 300 series is actually not non existent or useless, people know with the 200 series with what to expect
4) release the 395x2 with watercooling with 2x8gb chips.

Then just sit this year out and release next year.

1) hbm2 card with 8gb v-ram or even more, and move into the 400 series.

In my opinion as i have a 290, i see no interest in this entire 300/fury solution to upgrade towards, unless you upgrade every year, but even then the 980 ti seems to be far more interesting to go for.

source: Overclock.net Post

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
15. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 16:07 KilrathiAce

PC owners should use steams new refund policy and refund the game until it is in proper state for PC(if ever).  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2015, 05:05 KilrathiAce

I have better idea, how about not have xbox one at all and just use pc. Thanks.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 05:03 KilrathiAce

If only people stopped buying EA games... we would all benefit in the long run.  

News Comments > Total War: Warhammer Trailer
4. Re: Total War: Warhammer Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 06:27 KilrathiAce

not 40k so no go for me,  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
18. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 23:23 KilrathiAce

Yet a year or so since Dayz stand alone they still havent delivered anything worthy of their promise, go look at people who own dayz stand alone how long they each played, not much because game is horrid as far as controls. The mod was good, but the stand alone game is crap and everyone knows it. Now they gonna basically go and try to cash in more without delivering anything close to quality.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
44. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug Jun 6, 2015, 06:17 KilrathiAce

witcher 3 gameplay sucks, thats basically the bottom line but everything else in game is top notch lol  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
54. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 2, 2015, 03:08 KilrathiAce

amd 390x fury or whatever its called better be priced about same as 980ti otherwise amd can retire business.  

News Comments > BioShock Series Has Sold 25M
11. Re: BioShock Series Has Sold 25M Jun 1, 2015, 03:27 KilrathiAce

This feels like they crying for some more interest from another party to fund or maybe to pitch it for sale?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
71. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 05:27 KilrathiAce

saluk wrote on May 29, 2015, 18:34:
"This game is awesome"

"This game sucks"

Humanity in a nutshell right there folks. Nothing to see here, no reason to log into gaming websites anymore. Le sigh. Back to actually playing the game. Because games... are better than people.

Neither is the case, however before the game even was released "respectable/big" media sites that do reviews gave it perfect scores... something that is simply way wrong to do because its clearly not 10/10 flawless game as many sites stated.

Also the game doesn't suck, its got many great parts done well, however the actual component in which a person interacts with the game or actually plays the game is extremly bad.

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
7. Re: AMD Beta Drivers May 30, 2015, 05:23 KilrathiAce

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 30, 2015, 03:48:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 30, 2015, 02:44:
Been half a year since AMD did official drivers new version, I guess AMD cut down so much staff that now it will take a year for regular official driver updates.

Considering the rate at which nvidia pumps out drivers, which burn out cards(remember the drivers the screwed up fan profiles) and lead to TDR crashes(let's dump the gpu core voltage to keep the cards cool), I think I'll take stability and waiting over a new driver release every week or two.

I understand your point but we talking half a year + here... and obviously official drivers are inferior for number of big games thats why you see these beta drivers... so...

News Comments > AMD Beta Drivers
5. Re: AMD Beta Drivers May 30, 2015, 02:44 KilrathiAce

Been half a year since AMD did official drivers new version, I guess AMD cut down so much staff that now it will take a year for regular official driver updates.  

10. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 23:03 KilrathiAce

Newbro wrote on May 28, 2015, 21:05:
What's wrong with the gameplay?

button masher combat, no skill required, horrible ai, immersion breaking gameplay issues, movement controls where you not in full control on and on.

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
43. Re: CDPR: May 28, 2015, 20:21 KilrathiAce

ForgedReality wrote on May 27, 2015, 18:42:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 27, 2015, 17:52:
Tumbler wrote on May 27, 2015, 13:28:
I'm really impressed with Witcher 3. I'm thinking about ducking out of work early today...again!, to go home and play it. It's fantastic. It reminds me of red dead redemption a lot because I'm spending a lot of time riding around on my horse and the world is so fun to explore. The side quests are really well done, I get a little annoyed with the main story quests because that get a little too wordy in their story bits. Doing side quests is fun because you can do a lot of them very quickly and there is often some very meaty content there. I'm getting spoiled burning through those and seeing so much then I come back to the main story and the game slows way down for all this talking.

The crafting system is also a lot of fun. It's just complicated enough to be interesting but getting ingredients and building things is very simple and rewarding. I love that you have to visit all sorts of different people to get all the recipes you'll need and often take them to others to let them build it.

I found a dragon too, I don't think they call it a dragon, but it was lvl 14 and was guarding a little castle. My goal is to level up to that and go get into that castle. I think there is something in there that is supposed to help me get a better set of armor.

Oh, Cyberpunk, yeah I want to see that eventually but the Witcher 3 is way more than I expected and it's got me so distracted from Cyberpunk 2077 I'm fine with them having nothing to say. Hell just make a total conversion mod for Witcher 3, this game rocks. Make more games like this.

Its interesting? One can beat entire game without any thinking just button mashing even on hardest difficulty, its a fact. If thats interesting then wow.

Again, please play the game before you start making unfounded accusations such as this. Thanks.

So you saying what? That some bosses or few parts of the game cannot be beat by senseless button mashing even on hardest difficulty? You maybe right in that case I am sure but point is game as a whole is an insult to video games/rpgs.

42. Re: CDPR: May 28, 2015, 20:19 KilrathiAce

Flatline wrote on May 28, 2015, 12:44:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 27, 2015, 17:52:
Its interesting? One can beat entire game without any thinking just button mashing even on hardest difficulty, its a fact. If thats interesting then wow.

The only fact in this post is that you clearly haven't played on the hardest difficulty.

Try to state some facts instead of acting like a fanboy. I have used macks response video as proof and he refuted statements of fanboys so far. So what is going to be excuse now?>

41. Re: CDPR: May 28, 2015, 20:18 KilrathiAce

ForgedReality wrote on May 27, 2015, 18:40:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 27, 2015, 17:48:
Will they actually put any development work and hours into actual gameplay, physics, actual ai etc? Because if Witcher 3 is anything to go by... sad

How so? It sounds like you haven't even played the game at all, and are merely going off of Mac's completely way-off-base Worth-A-Buy. He had a handful of hours in the game without ever having played a previous Witcher game, and he didn't take the time to understand it.

All of those things you mentioned are great, even AI, with the exception of a couple of really rare things that would be easy to fix with a patch. For example, characters walking into a horse on the path, which I have not experienced, but I'd also rather play the game than sit there and try to nitpick over tiny little things that don't in any way impact my enjoyment of the game...

Again your words just like words of those who said macks original take on was wrong, and then he did response video to those statements....

3. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 20:11 KilrathiAce

If only they spent any budget on gameplay  

1574 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo