Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Malacai

Real Name Malacai   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Malacai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9286969
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 8, 2000, 18:52
Total Comments 40 (Suspect)
User ID 7368

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 12, 2014, 20:29 Malacai

San Antonio is a great convention city.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 23, 2012, 01:07 Malacai

I'm a Fat Man fan from way back and I'm glad to know about Matt Chatt's YouTube channel. Great stuff! Thank you for sharing!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2012, 17:45 Malacai

That's pretty great! My son will love it.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week
25. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 18:12 Malacai

I completely disregarded your comments when you let us know that you hadn't played the game.

"In what world does this game deserve $15 when I'm probably going to beat it in one day and then you pay another $2.50 for additional content?!"

I love this game. Its levels propel me along like Portal 2 levels did. Is there a kill filter on blues?

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
35. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 4, 2011, 01:04 Malacai

I have an NVIDIA SLI setup with the latest drivers and while the framerate is good, I am distracted by the obvious appearance of objects and materialization of textures (as if they come into focus when you swing your view around too quickly). Of course, if I move much more slowly (like I would if I were playing with analog stick on a console) it's not as noticeable. I will wait for the inevitable fix before returning. That was a quick 10 minutes of playtime!  

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
15. Re: No reviews? Oct 3, 2011, 22:14 Malacai

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:27:
Hours before retail and not a single review? That's suspicious to me, and usually a very bad sign.

Was planning on buying tomorrow, but I'm going to wait a few days just to be better safe than sorry.

Does this count? http://www.egmnow.com/articles/egm-review-rage/ The Rage Facebook group referenced it today.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
3. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 17:20 Malacai

I think it's kind of cool. I would have loved to have talk to John back in the day. I'm not so sure that I wouldn't mind doing it now at 40. I grew up in Garland, TX next to the Apogee/3D Realms guys' office and that whole DFW scene captivated me -- compelled me to become a programmer that I am today. Oh and Rage has pre-loaded and I am ready! It's no DOOM2 IRC release feeling but I am excited nonetheless.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 18, 2011, 09:39 Malacai

Is Joe Siegler involved in the site? He might win the award for the long-serving webmaster in the gaming business.  

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
6. Lands of Lore Oct 10, 2010, 21:43 Malacai

I loved the Lands of Lore games, although I never played the 3rd. I can distinctly recall Patrick Stewart's voice announcing "Lands of Lore!" on the title screen back then. Memories!

I also really liked the Kyrandia series of adventures. I should check to see if GOG has those up.

News Comments > Planescape Torment on GOG.com
5. Re: Planescape Torment on GOG.com Sep 28, 2010, 10:40 Malacai

I've revisited this in recent years. I really love this game. But I must admit, it sure is difficult to play some of my old favorites at 800x600 (or 640x480) all these years later. I'm not a graphics whore at all so I don't know why. :S  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 25, 2010, 20:52 Malacai

Leaving out market cap. Check out this link.

http://bit.ly/bB7wa1

Blue's said the link was too long but here it is if you are paranoid:

royal.pingdom.com/2010/04/09/the-money-made- by-microsoft-apple-and-google-1985-until-today/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 20:04 Malacai

It's definitely behavioral targeting at work. The same thing happened to me with an unrelated site. I had been visiting it as of late because of my job and I fire up Blue's and there is an ad from the same site. Cookie!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2010, 21:26 Malacai

Your are so right. I am calling my parents tonight. Thanks Blue.  

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
55. Re: SC2 Beta Key May 4, 2010, 23:39 Malacai

I suppose I also need to learn how to use Blue's threaded system. Sigh. Sorry everyone.  

54. Re: SC2 Beta Key May 4, 2010, 23:38 Malacai

Doh! I need to update my Blue's address. I'm using a many years old hotmail account here that I don't check. Sorry man!  

53. Re: SC2 Beta Key May 4, 2010, 23:37 Malacai

Hey there. I am just now re-visiting this thread. I just forwarded the email to you. Have fun and please let us know if it works out for you.

Malacai

8. SC2 Beta Key May 3, 2010, 18:52 Malacai

Hi all,

I received another SC2 beta code email a while back from Blizzard but I didn't use it (I assume it's still good). If anyone wants it let me know. Just please use it and do not sell it. It is the third that they sent me. I gave the second one to Ant here on Blue's and it worked out well for him.

Have a nice day,
Malacai

News Comments > April Fooling 2010, Part 1
2. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 1 Apr 1, 2010, 11:13 Malacai

I miss the days when the April Foolery items were mixed into the stream.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay
33. Re: StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay Feb 23, 2010, 01:20 Malacai

Ant wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 01:17:
Malacai wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 01:09:
Sent from my gmail account! Let me know how it works out for you. Thanks for all the links over the years
Thanks. Still waiting for the e-mail. I will follow-up in here if I haven't received it.

I forwarded the actual email from blizzard. It was HTML formatted -- maybe it got spam filtered? I'll send another that has only the key.

40 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo