Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for R. B.

Real Name R. B.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname noctroglyph
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 198682
Description
Homepage http://www.sector14studios.com
Signed On Oct 6, 2000, 03:00
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 7335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
42. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 7, 2009, 10:49 noctroglyph

Guess that 14 years of funding from Wolf3d finally ran out

Theyarecomingforyou: DR?

random

~n~

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken
52. Re: Fallout 3 Broken Steel PC Broken May 5, 2009, 17:02 noctroglyph

Verno wrote:

"GfWL isn't half as terrible as people make it out to be but unfortunately it's like..."

...8 times as shitty as people make it out to be.

End of story.

~n~

This comment was edited on May 5, 2009, 17:03.

News Comments > Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, AMD, and More in Gaming Alliance
3. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 22:10 noctroglyph

/sarcasm
Yeah, Microsoft. You know. That Console company?
/sarcasm

And soon thereafter, said companies resumed their ongoing carpetbombings of each other....

~noc~

News Comments > NVIDIA to Acquire AGEIA
19. Re: Entr0py24 Feb 5, 2008, 17:13 noctroglyph

Not really. What WILL happen is the APIs will address hardware through some sort of HAL which will translate the desired effects into Intel, NVIDIA/Ageia, or AMD/ATI PPU code. Just like OpenGL and DirectX does it now.

This is only relevant to NV's desire to compete against Intel's pending multi-core Larabee in the GPGPU market (which is where CPUs/GPUs/PPUs are all headed anyway).

My $0.02 are on the green guys making a bid for a processor vendor soon. My bets are on VIA.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 17:16.

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
85. ***MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT*** Dec 19, 2007, 10:08 noctroglyph

I have a major announcement to make: Last night, while at our company Christmas party, myself and several of my long-time friends were joking how my 10-year old honor student wasn't even born yet when "Duke Nukem Forever" was announced...

~n~

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 10:09.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Announced
36. Re: Screw UBI Nov 26, 2007, 20:03 noctroglyph

IDK WTF you are talking about...UBI just released the 4th or 5th patch for R6:V on the PC just about 2 weeks ago; they followed through on the free additional multiplayer maps as well. the only thing they HAVEN'T done is release the map editing SDK (although that is somewhat moot if you own UT3--you get it for free there).

Come to think of it, that may be the reason that they didn't release it...perhaps Epic said "no way can you release UT3 tools before we release UT3..."...you never know.

~noc~

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 20:04.

News Comments > Crysis Q&As
4. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2007, 12:33 noctroglyph

Jesus H. Crysis.  

News Comments > The End Announced
3. Re: finally Sep 10, 2007, 11:40 noctroglyph

Thank god...  

News Comments > Steam Cracked?
60. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2007, 15:56 noctroglyph

Sponge, if you're gonna use my euphamism, please use the whole thing: it's "OMGWTFBBQ!!1!!!"

~n~

News Comments > Steam Security Follow-up
36. Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 12:13 noctroglyph

"May" is a presumption on your part. the fact that he has this information and is using it for extortion makes it a felony.

News flash: Your credit card information is retained far more often and in far many more places than you even know; chosing to be ignorant of something does not make what you believe to be true true.

You obviously lead a very simple life, or are incredibly naive of how easy it is to rotate and or recover from identity theft while maintaining a credit score of over 700; and as such, arguing with you would be pointless.

As I said, I have no problem with someone taking up issue with a company and voting with their business or lack thereof. I have no issue with someone taking legal action against a company if they feel they have been wronged. But breaking into a server and stealing MY information, or the information of others, and threatening to use it in a way that threatens our rights-I've got a problem with that. It's vigalanteism at best, and terrorism at worst.

This guy is no hero. He's an ass that lacked the appropriate amount of guidance and discipline, just like that kid at VT earlier this week.

Like I said, I have no issue with your anger and malice toward Valve. That's you and your experience. I DO take issue with your apparent advocacy of the use of vigilanteism, arson, larceny, and extortion to vindicate your anger.

~n~

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 12:16.

33. Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 11:51 noctroglyph

SO you're cheering on a thief that may post your name and unencrypted credit card number on the web, just because you're mad that you can't play a few games on Steam anymore?

Good lord, are you even thinking about what you are saying? Hey, I think Microsoft sucks, but if a hacker broke into MSN and did what this ass is doing, I'd be first in line to tie him to four cars heading to the four winds.

31. Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 11:36 noctroglyph

"I have had problems dealing with Valve's team and they DESERVE this."

Wow.

How grossly irresponsible.

Because of your bad experience with Valve, you're advocating the illegal activity of a hacker that is basically extorting Valve with the threat to release information that won't actually hurt Valve, but rather hurt thousands of law-abiding credit-card holders.

Personally, I'd like to see maddoxx tied to a trailer hitch, dragged through the Bayou, and dropped in the swamp somewhere (something that I'm sure happens with frequency down there), not because he "Haxored onto Valve", but because he is screwing with people's lives. You do not know hell until you've been a victim of identity theft. And trust me, it takes YEARS to clear up. I still have to deal with occasional crumbs from it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Valve. I know I'd be bitter if I had an experience like that with any company. But wishing them ill in a way that hurts their customers, rather than them, well, like I said..."Irresponsible."

~n~
This comment was edited on Apr 21, 11:40.

News Comments > Hardware Blogrolling
24. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2007, 15:45 noctroglyph

Ok, I'll give you the *technicality* on ID: it was ACTIVISION that actually posted: "Christmas 2003," then "Spring 2004", then OMG, got it right w/ "August, 2004"

My point is: People complain if you give them a Shitty date, and people complain if you give them no date.

Sick of seeing people bitch about release dates, then wonder why they get shitty product when (something like Splinter Cell Double Agent) ships on time, despite a total lack of testing and QA on the product.

Take a pill. Let them make the games that are worth the wait.

Gawd.

News Comments > Hardware Blogrolling
19. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2007, 12:47 noctroglyph

for the record, I think it's far more important for a company to deliver WHAT it says it will, rather than WHEN.

Otherwise we end up with some POS port like Splinter Cell:Double agent that won't even run on a Core2 Quad with a GeForce 8800GTX under the hood and 60% of all the other hardware combos out there. That STILL pisses me off, as the damned store return policies never allow for "this POS doesn't work AT ALL!" returns.

For you dorks that actually BELIEVE release dates: WAKE UP! Games NEVER ship on the first release date. Valve is HARDLY unique here. ID does it, Crytek does it, Bungie does it,Ubi does it--- hell, Sony delayed their whole gaming system *8 MONTHS*. Anyone that's been in the industry or playing games for more than 4 months knows this.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo