Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PC

Real Name PC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tigger
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Alive and breathing...most of the time.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 28, 2000, 19:01
Total Comments 292 (Amateur)
User ID 7252

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
31. Re: huh? Dec 18, 2007, 21:29 Tigger

for one will buy this game, no matter how bad it is.

Why? I'll gladly support any developer unwilling to succumb to corporate pressure and the promise of huge cash bonuses to just release something anything, someone who'll instead see their creative vision to the end however fucking long it will take them to make it there. Whatever they're releasing it's something they themselves are going to be proud of.

Fanboi.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
30. ?! Dec 18, 2007, 21:28 Tigger

Here's a thought: I've been married longer than this game has been in development.  

--
Tigger

News Comments > Galactic Command: Echo Squad SE Announced
2. Re: Whoa!!! First Dec 17, 2007, 13:29 Tigger

har! har! har!

Someone forget to spray this forum down with Dork Off?

--
Tigger

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Microsoft Sued... Nov 28, 2007, 14:46 Tigger

Apparently the people doing the suing (sewing?) have never been PC gamers before. Granted, a console game can't be fixed by a patch.

Huh? All the time.

--
Tigger

7. Re: Eh.. Nov 28, 2007, 14:44 Tigger

My only problem with the 360 thus far is the LOUD NOISE. Beyond that, the games are alright and I haven't had many stability issues (knocks on wood).

Knock harder. My 360 was supa loud since the day I got it and just died - I had it for 11 months.

I called Microsoft and they taking it back for repair and should have it back to me in '3 to 4 weeks'. I'm not holding my breath - I'm glad I got my 60GB PS3.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. No PS2 BC Oct 8, 2007, 17:42 Tigger

Sony really should have solved this with emulation anyway.

I just got a 60GB PS3 a few weeks ago - but to be honest, I have yet to play on PS2 games on it.

--
Tigger
Fixed my poor grammar
This comment was edited on Oct 8, 17:42.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
42. ? Sep 14, 2007, 07:43 Tigger

Gamers with a DX10 card are able to play on DX9 servers, but with the limitation of the respective server. Vice versa it is not possible for gamers with DX9 cards to play on DX10 servers due to the limited features.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Watch for flying debris.

--
Tigger

News Comments > More on BioShock Activation
144. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2007, 11:22 Tigger

But I also work in the software industry and I think that some copy protection is valid and is required.
I disagree. Copy protection might be required if it were infallible. However, that's not the case. I expect Bioshock to be cracked within a week at most. Less excessive forms of copy protection get cracked within days, sometimes before the game is even officially released.

Unless you can create a copy protection scheme that is unbeatable, it's a waste of time and ends up annoying your customers more than anything else.

I agree with your point that less excessive forms get cracked even before games are released. But I think this is probably because similar schemes are in the market already and have known weaknesses.

A company that got it right was Valve. I've only ever had one or two problems with it. I have it installed on one computer and have successfully moved that installation from at least 3 other computers.

However, I disagree that copy protection is a 'waste of time' unless its unbeatable. The trick is to find the right balance between making it just a pain in the ass to try but also flexible enough so its not noticed.

--
Tigger
Edit: Made a minor correction to a sentence so it would make a little more sense.
This comment was edited on Aug 24, 11:24.

--
Tigger

142. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 23:21 Tigger

It's primary design is to allow you to emulate a CDRom off of an ISO image.

Perhaps you should read the first few lines of introduction:

DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features. This program allows running Backup Copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom, Laserlock, CDCOPS, StarForce and Protect CD (and many others) protected games.

Its designed to defeat the copy protection.

It looks like DT also violates the DMCA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIPO_Copyright_and_Performances_and_Phonograms_Treaties_Implementation_Act

Now, before you get all crankified and think that I agree with the DMCA and the current state of copy protection, relax.

I think that only 2 installs sucks.

I think that some measures in the DMCA suck

But I also work in the software industry and I think that some copy protection is valid and is required.

--
Tigger
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 23:23.
Edit: I don't feel like having a discussing trying to validate activation-based licensing
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 23:38.
Fixed some poor grammer
This comment was edited on Aug 24, 17:15.

--
Tigger

140. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 15:10 Tigger

It tells me basically I'm a pirate because I have an image mounting program called Daemon Tools

This could be because DT is primary designed to negate the use of copy protection on the disc.

--
Tigger
Edit: Changed my italics tags to quote tags
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 15:11.

--
Tigger

139. BioShock Aug 23, 2007, 14:42 Tigger

This game runs perfectly on my Xbox 360. No worries about drivers, supported cards or activation.

I think this is where they want us to go in the future, since its much easier to control the software if the hardware is locked down.

--
Tigger
Edit: Fixed an issue where I failed to demonstrate even the most basic grammer skills
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 15:03.

--
Tigger

News Comments > NYC WoW Issues
14. Re: No subject Aug 10, 2007, 09:40 Tigger

Then if it's about video then wtf does it have to do with WoW? It's not like WoW is streaming videos for 15 bucks a month.

Its really about any service that requires high-bandwidth low-latency connections (all modern multiplayer games, most streaming video services)

ISPs are pissed because providers of these services are pushing these types of connections over their networks and not paying for it.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Stranglehold to Require Dual-Core CPUs?
12. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2007, 13:01 Tigger

How did you get "hosed" on s939? I still have my single core opty running at 2.95 and it handles everything I throw at it with ease, and I am willing to bet it could run this POS game as well.

Unless they do something really mean, like do a hardware check during install and when you run the game checking for dual cores.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2007, 15:34 Tigger

The easiest way is.
Right click on Desktop, Personalize. Then Windows Color And Appearance. Then, at the bottom in text "Open Classic Appearance Properties For More Color Options".

An even easier way is to right-click on the desktop, goto Personalization. Click 'Theme', select 'Winows Classic'. Wait a 15-20 seconds.

I'm running Vista Business, Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate on three different laptops.

--
Tigger
Edit: Fixed my quote tags - its been a long time since I posted!

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 15:35.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Email Bankruptcy Jun 18, 2007, 15:38 Tigger

I've adopted a similar strategy for emails: just because they show up in my mailbox doesn't mean I have to answer them, or even read them for that matter. Obviously if it's business related and it needs to be answered that's a whole other thing altogether ......

I think thats what people are talking about here. I get somewhere close to 20-30 e-mails a day. Not all are urgent, but they all require some sort of a response in 24 hours.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Battlestar Last Season May 11, 2007, 15:08 Tigger

Like you couldn't figure it out?

Hopefully Eureka will come back from the missing...

--
Tigger

3. Re: SCO Apr 30, 2007, 12:21 Tigger

Only because they extorted money from business in exchange for 'Linux licenses' and a nice cash infusion from Microsoft.

SCO just got a letter from Nasdaq about their terrible stock price and even SCO admits it doesn't have too much money left.

If all the news and research is true and Novell gets its summary judgement, then its all over.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 16:16.

--
Tigger

1. SCO Apr 30, 2007, 11:22 Tigger

Ah, SCO. My very first linux distro was Caldera OpenLinux. I think I'll hold onto the CDs and Manual because it looks like SCO is going away. Very soon.  

--
Tigger

8. Re: No subject Apr 17, 2007, 15:49 Tigger

Funnier still is that Jack refers to Doom as some sort of a training game.

Clearly, if one were to use games to train, one would load up the Scientist Hunt mod or something similar that not only provides realistic weapons (yes, more realistic than a plasma rifle or chain gun) and screaming victims that try to run away from you rather than scores of demons and zombies bent on the destruction of Earth that run straight at you.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 15:50.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
326. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2007, 15:34 Tigger

This thread has turned into Attack Of The Warez Monkey...

Isn't that the fucking truth.

--
Tigger

292 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo