Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PC

Real Name PC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tigger
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Alive and breathing...most of the time.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 28, 2000, 19:01
Total Comments 292 (Amateur)
User ID 7252

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Army Game Fallout
27. re: Army Game Fallout Nov 1, 2002, 11:46 Tigger

This lawyer is yet another shining example on why the Gene Pool needs more chlorine.

And he spawned...I guess we're in for some more sh*t later on down the road, huh.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 11:47.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper Game Fallout
82. Re: Democracy? Oct 30, 2002, 14:52 Tigger

Bob

Thanks for the Slurpee!

As for the rest, glad to see we're on the same page!

Libbo - Ditto!

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 14:54.

--
Tigger

74. Re: Democracy? Oct 30, 2002, 10:32 Tigger

Bob,

Instead of him dying, I purpose that we bring back the draft in the next war and allow you to go to combat.

Don't joke around about it. It's not funny.

I won't debate why we're fighting and dying today. Those are some of the reasons I left the Army. It seems like the reasons don't justify the price. It's less about US Defense and more about US Interest.

"They're sending soldiers to distant places, Xs and Os on someones drawing board...Like green and plastic but with human faces, and they want to tell you it's a merciful sword." -Emily Saliers

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 10:35.

--
Tigger

61. Re: Ban the Military Oct 29, 2002, 15:30 Tigger

Cripsy - Ban The Military?

I trained with the military. I learned how to shoot, throw hand grenades, conduct combat in basic squad formations, protect myself and others against biological attacks, and so on. Just because I served does not mean that I am a "murderous wack-job".

Because of thier very nature, the military services (as well as law enforcment agencies) are a collecting area for people who CAN be disposed to performing violent acts. We were always on the lookout for people that exhibted this behavior and dealt with individuals who did.

The military exists to protect your rights to speak out against it and the government it serves. You can't blame it's training techniques since it serves it's purpose; we can have this debate without fear of retribution from our government. You can't banish or blame it's members simply because the military teaches them how to shoot a weapon. Real weapons are what make us an effective and deadly fighting force.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 23:08.

--
Tigger

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 5
4. Re: Quake 4? Aug 21, 2002, 13:21 Tigger

About 30 or 40 of us got a chance to talk to Carmack after his keynote address. I don't recall him saying too much about Q4 other than the fact that (i think) Raven was working on it.

--
Tigger

News Comments > etc.
12. anti-war sprays Jun 10, 2002, 11:30 Tigger

Civil Disobedience? I'll show them 'Civil Disobedience' when I TK the first crackhead I see using these sprays!

Why not give someone a reason to use them!

(Sorry, PBKAC today...)

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 11:32.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Vanity Plates May 8, 2002, 13:59 Tigger

I just got my vanity plates:

QUAD DMG

--
Tigger

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Q&A
2. re: Tribes 2 Q&A May 1, 2002, 12:05 Tigger

Woohoo!

Got to agree with ZigZang - as long as it gets fixed...

This comment was edited on May 1, 12:09.

--
Tigger

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Re-release Plans
53. Re-Release? Apr 7, 2002, 11:14 Tigger

Gee, Sierra...you're REALLY trying to milk that Tribes franchise, huh? You should have kept some of the developers who built the damn game to begin with. That way, we'd all have the comfort of knowing that at least SOMEONE who knows what the game is supposed to be worked on this project. Oh, and by the way, don't rush this one...I think we'd all like something thats playable when we buy it!

<Yes - I'm an editing fool!>

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 08:30.

--
Tigger

News Comments > EQ Rate Hike
20. Re: Why all this? Mar 26, 2002, 16:33 Tigger

"...by the time they are done the system requirements will be around a 2 gig processor and geforce3+..."

What do you mean "by the time they are done", 256MB RAM MINIMUM recommended is about as insane as paying $190 for 24 months of service! I don't care if they offer a 39% discount, you should at least get some free hardware to run the resource HOG that is EQ.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Hacked! Jan 4, 2002, 09:27 Tigger

"Check out the source of the page. All it does is open a frame to your C:"

You noticed that too? That's not scary, I've seen about a dozen web pages that have this function. They all say they hacked your machine. They all have about the same html source.

--
Tigger

News Comments > Majestic to End
38. Innovation? How about boredom... Dec 25, 2001, 21:30 Tigger

And what's so innovative about sitting around reading a bunch of websites and then waiting for faxes and e-mails from the game? I have to do all that shit in my normal life, I dont need a game calling me up screaming!

The game was also hyped way too much for way too long. No matter how good the game was, how can it live up to: "Majestic, you don't play it - it plays you..."?
Let's be realistic. It didn't play me. It' didn't even fondle me! It BORED ME TO TEARS.

The truth is, this game isn't going to appeal to hardcore gamers. We want instant gradification. I spent more time reading websites in the 2 months I played Majestic than I logged in CS in the last 4 months!

It's not whether gamers, as a community, can handle innovation. The question is, can companies be innovative enough for us?

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 21:38.

--
Tigger

292 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo