Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > SCi & NBC?
10. Re: Might be OK in the long run... Apr 19, 2008, 13:46 human

It can only be good news that game publishers become conglomerated with entities like NBC, which in turn is owned by GE corporation, one of the multinationals that manufacture the engines of war. Hurray for the free market!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Updated
9. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 03:12 human

So in Moozilla's world, map exploit fixes are nerfs?

News Comments > Take-Two Shareholder Suit
11. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2008, 14:23 human

Make no mistake about this...corporate greed runs these companies just like any other company. The rank and file want to make games for a living -- the suits want to cash out and blow it on blow and hookers.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect May 6
31. Re: Not buying it.... Feb 26, 2008, 18:35 human

Batman just claimed that Valve's 'cheaper games' claims never happened.

I'm not sure that's true, considering Orange Box was at least 3 new games (Portal, TF2, Ep2) for $50. Value added if you havent played the old Valve games, since you also got HL2 and HL2E1.

Do your math, Batman.

News Comments > Turning Point: Fall of Liberty Movie
2. Re: PASS Feb 16, 2008, 21:17 human

This is the game where the mere assassination of Churchill leads to the invasion of the mainland USA by Axis forces, yes? Hmm, a bit far-fetched if you ask ,e.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update Tomorrow
16. Re: wow... Feb 13, 2008, 20:55 human

When you get to the point where you insist that the people who actually made Team Fortress and are developing and updating TF2 are not 'REAL' players anymore, you've pretty gone off the deep end. THX4PLAYING SPONGE BAI

8. Re: Anyone? Feb 13, 2008, 19:57 human

By who? TF2 players, or players of REAL Team Fortress games?

As a matter of fact, the Valve TF2 developers are not fond at all of 2Fort. It's up to you whether the TF2 developers fit your definition of 'REAL Team Fortress players'.

I personally also avoid 2Fort like the plague.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 20:02.

2. Re: Anyone? Feb 13, 2008, 18:36 human

I'm sorry to report that you may simply have bad taste. 2_fort is universally reviled!

News Comments > Hellgate London Multiplayer Patch
5. BFD Feb 2, 2008, 00:55 human

Shove down, Roper.

Wait, what?

News Comments > Ender's Game Games
13. Re: Am I Ender? Jan 29, 2008, 14:25 human

Two wannabes quoted Ender's Game and both of you got it wrong.

The quote you want is "The enemy's gate is down!"

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Stats
80. Re: ... Dec 12, 2007, 11:37 human

No, guys, you're all wrong. Jerkk has played played the game for 3 years and his acute mind, trained for years in game development unlike those morons at valve, has thoroughly analyzed TF2 and found the major weaknesses! He doesn't want to play rock-scissors-paper, he wants to play an old game that's now free to download! So obviously the optimal solution, according to his precise calculations, is to abandon the years of TF2 development and balancing, and make any class pick up any weapon whenever they want. So a scout should be able to pick up any heavy minigun and rampage around.

That sounds like fun, jerkk! Tell us when you're going to make that TF2 mod. We'll be all over it. God knows no one is playing this TF2 piece of crap right now. All the servers are empty and it's clear everyone would rather be playing Tribes. I pray to Almighty God that jerkk will save us from ourselves and fill this vast lacuna in our game-playing souls.
This comment was edited on Dec 12, 11:44.

News Comments > Valve's Francke on Art Direction
42. Re: Slow Down Fellas Dec 12, 2007, 01:19 human

1) He doesnt say he creates a new art style. He says they're USING an existing art style to fit the game. The paintings and illustrations they refer to are listed in the PDF paper Dagok cited. They did an analysis of the 'look' of those paintings and more or less used it as the base of the TF2 look tweaking shaders to get the distinctive look.

2) He's not talking about old Nintendo games. they specifically mention new games like Crysis and how they are going more for 'realism' than any specific art direction

71. Re: ... Dec 10, 2007, 23:36 human

Exactly. Jeryyk the dumbass admits that TF2 classes are like loadouts. Therefore they are functionally equivalent. Picking a class from a menu is not any different than walking up to an inventory in tribes and clicking a loadout.

The fact is Jeryyk is a moron, and his prediction that TF2 will be dead within a year's time is just ignorant ranting.

42. Re: UT Dec 9, 2007, 10:18 human

Jerykk, you're talking out your ass. what the hell is 'flexibility within each class' supposed to mean? Do you want soldiers with heal guns, scouts with miniguns, and medics with grenade launchers? WTF? The whole dynamic of TF2 is that you can constantly switch classes to adapt to the tactical situation. You want TF2 to be tribes, for some reason.

Second, you spouted some shit about how all the weapons are the same. Laughable. Each class has a pretty unique spot in terms of range, firing speed, and clip size. Some weapons, such as demos and pyros, are extremely unique, as demo rounds are ballistic in nature and can bounce or arc over targets.

Really, play for more than 3 minutes before putting on your homemade 'academic gameplay professor' hat and spouting off shit about 'character class flexibility' and 'flexibility of player roles'.

News Comments > The Stranger MP Demo
1. No subject Nov 30, 2007, 18:30 human

Man, I thought they'd NEVER get around adapting Albert Camus. Here's hoping that it's a great adaption like the original DOS text game!

News Comments > Steam Stats
20. Re: No subject Nov 19, 2007, 07:17 human

Yeah, but if you look at the achievements; it also tells you how few people are actually completing the game. Which I did, but as I said before, I think the game sucks and is just tedious and boring.

Only 48.1% of the players have gotten the Defense Of the Armament achievement. Which is at the end of the game. Which means only 48.1% of people have completed the game thus far.

Good thing you don't have any possible biases or anything. Because, first of all you have NO IDEA what a completion rate is for a PC game, and you know it. Saying '"only" 48% = VALVE S UXXX!!!!' is an unmitigated opinion, and a non sequitur at that. In fact, 1/2 of all players that ever attempted the game is, I would say, pretty fucking good, and I have just as much to support my opinion as you do -- none at all.

Still, in what world does 1/2 completion translate to 'few', for an optional piece of entertainment. If you told me that only half of people wipe their ass after they take a shit, I'd agree that's 'few'. If you said only half of Blue's News readers have graduated junior high, I'd agree that's 'few'.

But half of all attempters successfully finishing a pretty sophisticated computer game with quite a few different game dynamics is 'few'? Did you expect that everyone should finish? Based on what? Do you think all gamers are as hardcore badass as you are, since even you finished what you thought was a 'tedious and boring' game? Maybe 25% of them had a life and haven't finished it yet, maybe they're changing the baby's diapers or working on their pickup. And maybe the other 25% thought it sucked too, but weren't masochist assholes and just stopped playing the game when they felt it was boring?

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 07:24.

News Comments > General British Interview
10. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2007, 11:25 human

CJ is a moron. "Richard Garriot (or whatever rank he is giving himself now)" does not imply that Richard is a rank. It simply implies that Richard Garriot likes to give himself ranks.

This is clear to anyone who has had a high school education. CJ, due to his idiocy, had to try to have a slam at me by purposely misunderstanding my words.

News Comments > General British Interview
7. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2007, 09:01 human

Interested in this game, I went to its website yesterday and tried to check out screenshots, backstory, etc. When I clicked on 'backstory', what I got was not just backstory written by Richard Garriott (or whatever rank he is giving himself now), no; instead, I got Garriott TELLING ME ABOUT HIM WRITING THE BACKSTORY. He talked about his 'motivation' for writing this and that.

What the hell? Is there any greater sign that one is self-obsessed when you can't present your creative work without discussing the AUTHORIAL PROCESS behind that creative work?

News Comments > Crysis Demo Released
129. hahah Oct 28, 2007, 03:38 human

Zeph, take your bible-bashing bullshit somewhere else. Christianity is the only 'logical conclusion', yet faith is required for salvation? Bahahahaha. Where's the faith if the logical conclusion is belief? No faith required. Your thesis is self contradictory.

Also, too bad 2/3rds of the world population as of this moment are not Christians, hasn't reached that 'logical conclusion', and therefore, according to your dubious Bible, God the infinitely loving and infinitely forgiving Creator of the universe must send at least 4 billion human souls to hell to burn eternally because they didn't make the right choice about which religion, amongst the dozens in the world, is the 'logical conclusion'.

You and your religion are a joke.

News Comments > Out of Territory Orange Box Deactivations
14. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2007, 08:34 human

Blown out of proportion? On Bluesnews forums?? Weird! That NEVER happens!

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo