Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Hawk Down SP Demo
24. Re: not superb Jan 9, 2003, 18:11 human

This demo recommended that I run it at 1024x768. I've got a AMD XP2200+ and a GF4 Ti4200 64MB. When I let it run as it recommended, I was getting something like 8 fps. There's just something completely wrong with the recommended setting running at 8fps on a machine like this.

I turned it down to 640x480 and it then became playable. Died about 20 seconds after landing, three times. Haven't deleted it yet; I'll give it another shot some other time, but this was a bad first impression.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Myst Online Beta Plans
24. Re: M Y S T Online???? Jan 9, 2003, 06:27 human

Will this one have gore or nudity? I hated how sanitized MYST was. I after I solved the Under Age and saved the teen cheerleader in distress, there was sex but it just faded away before I saw any in-out-in-out, didn't show anything. And then, in the Military Age level when you use the rocket launcher on civilians. No gore at all. Not even body parts flying out.

News Comments > Unreal II Trailer
34. Re: ENGLISH, MOTHER F@CKER!!! DO U SPEAK Jan 9, 2003, 06:17 human

Maybe, maybe, maybe. Or maybe they were just too lazy and decided they could earn the most cash by doing 2 MP-only and SP-only games and splitting it up that way. For god's sake even a well regarded (but still budget-made) game like Deadly Dozen Pacific Theater has co-op, and they probably got like 1/10 of Unreal's budget and time.
This comment was edited on Jan 9, 06:18.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Impossible Creatures
5. Re: It's in stores Jan 9, 2003, 06:12 human

No, no. He's just so smart that he can make you think he's like a million monkeys, but he's not. He's Erik Wolpaw of OldManMurray doing a 3-month-long sociological study into the reactions of online forum users to badly spelled illogical nonsense.

News Comments > Unreal II Trailer
7. Re: bad acting Jan 8, 2003, 12:47 human

Definitely some bad voice acting. Whoever did that first 'distress call' monologue is laughably unconvincing.

News Comments > Purge Preview
2. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2003, 17:13 human

Fredrickson, you are the most insightful and articulate poster on Bluesnews. Your wit has brought a chuckle to a dreary monday morning more times than I can count. I'm sure I speak for the entire online gaming community -- no, make that the entire English speaking world -- when I say that I wish I had a father like you. Your wisdom has been a guiding force, a beacon of radiant light in a shallow and mean sea of incompetence and wretchedness, steering me toward all that is good and pure and kind in this world.

*I love you.*

News Comments > Unreal II Preview
9. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2003, 19:50 human

Whoever the hell designs the C&VG webpage needs a serious lesson in usability.

Dark blue background, black text? Am I the only one who found that idiotic and unnecessarily hard to read?

The background's a similar color to Blue's News, but we've got white text here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: The Junk Science article is bullshit Dec 30, 2002, 21:31 human

No, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are not 'left wing'. That's laughable. They're center-right news sources, and FOX is rabidly far-right.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 21:31.

News Comments > More on Condition Zero
18. Re: Sheesh Dec 7, 2002, 18:24 human

It means they will be discussing Halo for the PC at the CPL. Doesn't seem like an ambiguous statement at all.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 18:25.

News Comments > American McGee Q&A
8. No subject Dec 4, 2002, 20:56 human

Mindless pap. If the original novels were already 'dark', etc, then why would he need to release another book based on his 're-interpretation'? It's just headlong rape and pillage of other people's works.

I wonder why it is that he doesn't do something original. One I could have overlooked...but now his very next game project is ANOTHER children's story -- 're-imagined'?

News Comments > Deadly Dozen: Pacific Theater Patch
2. Re: Now... Nov 16, 2002, 03:29 human

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2897508,00.html

You know you want to, Ray! With a good review like that, you have to!

News Comments > New H-L Natural Selection Server
9. Re: Website Nov 6, 2002, 16:18 human

I know exactly what you mean, Pyro. I even have installed Flash and it's still a bunch of blank black.

News Comments > Deadly Dozen 2 & Praetorians Demos
28. Re: bump... Oct 29, 2002, 13:54 human

The foliage does look very, very good. Some of the screenshots also look quite immersive. If more people play the demo hopefully we can get some more servers up and running.

News Comments > Deadly Dozen 2 & Praetorians Demos
17. Re: Finally! Oct 28, 2002, 17:29 human

It's a directX bug. You can't use the same resolution and color setting in the game if you have it for the desktop.

So set your desktop to 16bit 1024x768, say, and the game for 32bit.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo