Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
245. DN3D sucked Jun 5, 2003, 20:59 human

Am I the only one who was totally unimpressed by that game? It looks and sounds like a badly patched together amalgam of better games and movies. All the 'memorable lines' from it are just from other movies. The semi-nudity, etc, were mere shock value. After that I've never understood the interest in DNF.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More NVIDIA vs. Futuremark
43. Re: I'm just curious. May 24, 2003, 03:56 human

your pc's game performance will increase dramatically if you invest in another 8MB or ram. that'll run a hefty $160 or so, but it'll be worth it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Previews
91. Re: U gotta luv 2003!!! May 9, 2003, 18:46 human

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preview
54. Re: City17 May 8, 2003, 20:37 human

He's a novelist? You could write Half Life's storyline on a post-it note. I hope he spent a bit more time on the sequel

Be fair. He can only write as much as the technology and the genre allows. HL was intentionally made with no cutscenes.

Further, a writer doesn't simply write 'storyline'. If that's all you wanted, 'story lines', then you would be better off with Choose Your Own Adventure books. A lot of cinematic drama and tension from the game is simply things like the chapter titles, and the dialogue. I'm not saying he's the Shakespeare of FPSs, but god's sake, have some perspective.

News Comments > Chaser Demo
27. re: shitty as hell May 6, 2003, 03:08 human

the voice acting is horrific. half of the 'japanese' signs in the supposedly japanese restaurants are just randomly rotated LATIN alphabet characters in a strange font. the 'japanese' chick, as someone noted, does not look or talk japanese, despite the pathetic voice actor's attempt at an accent.

26. Start to Crate Analysis. May 6, 2003, 03:05 human

By Old Man Murray's 'Start To Crate' review metric, this game rates -63 seconds. You start out looking at a dozen crates. Some are floating, inexplicably, in clean blue water, all of which is in a dank sewer.

14. Re: How is it? May 5, 2003, 19:03 human

Bad. I kept just playing to see how much worse it would get.

Let's put it this way. When I spawned into the first level, I was staring at about a dozen crates. A robot ninja gave a strange warbling cry, and shot at me with a silent gun. When I turned around, there he was, trying to run away from me. Straight into a pile of...crates. I walked up to him, trying to see how close I could get. He didn't notice, because he was busy walking directly into a stack of crates. This same kind of thing continued for the entire rest of the demo, or as far as I was able to stand it.

The good: graphics are decent.

The bad: everything else. There are no sound effects for half of the events that happen in the game. The two types of enemies that you see for the first 5 minutes (blue ninjas, and other ninjas that were similar but yellow) are silent. No footsteps, no weapons sounds. Even their bullets don't make any sound when encountering other things like walls. Strange, then, that with this kind of acoustic stealth, they give a single warbling cry whenever they see you. Wouldn't it be better to attack you with their no-sound-effects guns without alerting you beforehand?

There are also no sound effects for your own footsteps. Whether you're treading over wet concrete or rotten wood, the sound is the same: silent.

The enemies in the deserted city streets are just standing around on top of derelict buildings. The only way to locate them is to stand in the middle of the street, let them see you, and shoot at you. Their guns will flash. Silently.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I've heard people talk about how bad JoWood is. Now I know what they mean.

This comment was edited on May 6, 03:10.

News Comments > Elite Force II Demo
76. Re: No subject May 4, 2003, 12:06 human

"wasrad" said:
I dont claim to be a developer, it is not my job.

It's also why you have no credibility, spouting the kind of deluded naive shit you do. You're just another clueless kiddie tilting at windmills and preaching to the choir.

This comment was edited on May 4, 12:06.

News Comments > Elite Force II Demo
61. Re: Publishers? May 3, 2003, 17:24 human

Internet distribution doesn't solve anything. You need funds to get people to know about your game. Advertising is key. Internet word of mouth only works for people who use the internet for gaming sites and such. Not a huge segment of the market.

News Comments > Day of Defeat 1.0
14. Re: DOD 1.0 proves that there is no God. May 2, 2003, 07:29 human

win95 fast? DOS is even faster.

still, needing to reboot win95 every 37 minutes really takes the fun out of those long Natural Selection games.

News Comments > EVE Online Gold
102. Re: Despite the bugs Apr 30, 2003, 07:46 human

From the reports, this game seems right now to be a souped up space-themed screensaver. oooh, pretty.

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Teasing
175. Re: Motivation is Key Apr 26, 2003, 20:04 human

Learn to read. I saw they were SHOWING the level development process. Not 'showing off'. The latter implies that they have something fantastic to show in the screenshot. The orange walls are a temporary untextured level geometry, that the article USES TO SHOW THE LEVEL DEVELOPMENT PROCESS.

News Comments > On Half-Life 2
62. Re: At risk of sounding like a complete newb Apr 26, 2003, 08:04 human

Eating your own mother isn't very nice, dan. how about some familial respect?

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 08:04.

168. Re: Motivation is Key Apr 26, 2003, 08:00 human

well, good for you if stalker excites you, but HL2 isn't even officially being unveiled yet. you're seeing scans of a magazine, and that picture you pasted from HL2 is, if you'd bother to read the article, from an UNTEXTURED beta version of a level. that's why the walls are orange. the picture was to show the level development process.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 08:01.

News Comments > On Half-Life 2
42. DNF and HL2 Apr 24, 2003, 19:02 human

The real secret is that DNF has been moved to another developer. Yes, that's right. Valve is working on DNF. It's on the slate for release after HL2, and before TFC2.

134. Re: HL 2 images revealed here!! Apr 23, 2003, 11:48 human

If you had wit, you could be funny, anon. keep practicing.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Hits the Newsstands
29. Re: More scans Apr 22, 2003, 18:40 human

"Seriously, I expect NOTHING to come out of Valve, and with nothing I mean absolutely a big fat zero. After all, if they WERE to release something at some point in the ongoing space time continuum, they will lose their Biggest VaporWare Producer challenge with 3dRealms." - "Creston"

127. Some quotes from the past: Apr 22, 2003, 18:31 human

Overon said:
"Companys just don't keep almost guaranteed best sellers quiet. They hype them. If they don't talk about them, then they got nothing to talk about. Period."

Creston said:
"Please, does anybody actually BELIEVE Valve is working on ANYTHING, much less Half Life 2? Their ship came in, they've milked it for all it's worth, that's it. I expect Duke Nukem Whenever to come out before ANYTHING from Valve."

So from now on when you see their nicks on this board, please remember that they are retards.

News Comments > More on Half-Life 2
40. Re: Uh huh... Apr 22, 2003, 10:08 human

Uh, look up at the 'popular threads'.

"116 - More Half-Life 2 Teasing"

116 posts.

News Comments > More on Half-Life 2
35. Re: Not to be rude to anyone Apr 22, 2003, 05:07 human

A few weeks ago Creston wrote:
"Please, does anybody actually BELIEVE Valve is working on ANYTHING, much less Half Life 2? Their ship came in, they've milked it for all it's worth, that's it. I expect Duke Nukem Whenever to come out before ANYTHING from Valve."

Haha. You're a fudging MORON creston! You've been proved wrong already! HAHAHAHAHA

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo