Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Comments
35. Re: There is nothing funnier than... May 27, 2005, 16:18 human

They have a thread titled 'What is your favorite Duke line?'

What the hell? All Duke's lines were taken from other, far more creative movies! Did Duke have ANY original lines of his own?

I think it just shows how creatively bankrupt Duke Nukem was from the very beginning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Source Update Redux
1. No subject May 23, 2005, 22:43 human

VALVE ARE LIARS, WHERE IS LOST COAST, STEAM OVERRAN MY FILE SYSTEM AND INVADED MY OS AND GAVE ME CANCER, NEWELL PERSONALLY SPIT INTO MY LUNCH LAST WEEK!!!!!!!: :(( WAHHHHH

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Retail Plans
108. Re: I'll Try It May 23, 2005, 22:27 human

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but my signature says Coming Soon for StateOfGaming.org. The site isn't done yet because I have been busy with work. That's why the domain doesn't work.

Whatever you say, big man. I just think it's appropriate given the dumbassness of your opinions that you proclaim yourself as the founder of a nonexistent site on the 'state of gaming'. Do you work in the industry?

Just like I won't scream that you should be banned for stating yours because you shouldn't. Just because you don't like my point doesn't mean I should stop stating it. It just means you don't welcome the discussion of those who disagree with you. Oh well.

I understand your desire to make yourself look like the innocent victim of my attempts to get you 'banned', but actually I did nothing of the kind. In fact, I invited you to 'bitch all you want', but did warn you that since all you do is hammer on your issue with Steam over and over, no one is interested in engaging you in any way. I also answered your question about the advantages of Steam. Of course, you never addressed it, which simply reinforces the above.

100. Re: I'll Try It May 23, 2005, 20:30 human

You need reasons? Steam runs when I want to play a game. It eliminates all the hassle of downloading and installing patches. It gives more revenue to the company that actually produces the content. The fact that HL2, CS:S and all of their subsequent modifications are so successful shows that most gamers have embraced the system.

Don't like it? Dandy. Don't buy it. None of your constant barrage of Chicken-Little 'this is the end of consumer rights' BS is convincing to anyone, and none of it makes a bit of difference. Bitch all you want (it's what you're best at, considering the length of your signature and the constantly non-working domain name it links to). Just don't be surprised that so few people care to even 'argue the real point' with you because it makes no difference, does it? You just keep typing the same stuff over and over and over regardless. Save it for your commentary and discussion; after all, you're the Founder of StateofGaming.org!

13. Re: What about the Lost Coast? May 23, 2005, 14:28 human

VALVE IS A BIG FAT LIAR BECAUSE THEY DIDNT GIVE US FREE CONTENT!!!!! WAHHHHHH MOMMY I WANT MY MOMMY

News Comments > Source Rollback
14. Re: No subject May 20, 2005, 23:33 human

Bhruic, of course, Steam's update is something the user has total control over. Each game on the Steam list has a setting: 'Always this game up to date automatically' or 'Do not update this game automatically'.

As usual, Dante_uk is talking out his ass.

News Comments > Source Rollback
10. Re: No subject May 20, 2005, 22:07 human

Dante_uk, you are a first-class moron. Why in god's name would you prefer one 'largish patch' fixing more bugs rather than a steadier stream of smaller bug fixes? Oh, that's right, you don't know either, do you? You just said it to bitch.

There's just no way Valve can win with people like you whinging every 5 minutes about every single thing they do. If they release one big patch, IT TAKES LONGER to update the game and you bitch about it. If they release little patches that fix things incrementally, then you STILL bitch for no reason.

News Comments > Ghost Wars Announced
1. No subject May 13, 2005, 13:30 human

"a new Real-Time Strategy game for its ever-growing portfolio of brands and franchises"?

God, it sounds like the company exists only for shareholders, not for actual gamers.

News Comments > Valve & VU Games Suits Settled
130. Re: Wrong Apr 30, 2005, 17:18 human

The exception is exactly the point! With the publisher and retail distribution out of the picture, there will be no competition to acquire Valve's products like there is right now. If you want Half-Life 2 after August 31, 2005, you will have to pay whatever Valve is charging.

What the hell? EVERYONE has a 'monopoly' on their own products. The only difference now is that the 'monopoly' on their own products is controlled by Valve themselves instead of a publisher.

Bottom line is that a streamlined distribution system helps the developer, and lest you people forget, developers are the ones that make the games. They have the most passion for making and playing games. Publishers, while sometimes necessary, are not in and of themselves the driving force of the industry.

News Comments > Valve & VU Games Suits Settled
116. Re: Wrong Apr 30, 2005, 12:19 human

Brie, you're so wrong.

What an idiot. Since the average price of games REMAINS THE SAME and the dollar DEVALUATES over time due to inflation, prices for games are GOING DOWN.

$50 in 1990 is not the same as $50 in 2005. You don't seem to know the first thing about economics.

Oh, and that leads to another point about this whole thing; that dumbass Zeph bitching about valve charging $150 for a game. Hilarious, dumbass; just plain hilarious. There are supply and demand curves for all goods bought and sold on the market. Very few people would pay $150 for a game, and Valve would make no money.

All Valve did here was to take their carrots that they grew and take them to the market directly instead of selling them through a distributor. Valve created a new system for self distribution and used it. Valve do NOT have a monopoly, except on Valve games. To say there is 'no competition' is idiotic.

News Comments > HL2 DM Map & Source Engine Updates
8. Re: Steaming... Apr 27, 2005, 10:45 human

Ignore vacs -- he inserted a dick into his ear last week and his hearing has been badly affected ever since.

And creston? well, he likes to bash without even knowing the facts, which is why they're both winners of the Blue's Board Lifetime Achievement Award.

Congratulations, both of you.

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Screenshot, Counter-Strike: Source Plans
64. Re: No subject Apr 17, 2005, 07:00 human

The fact of the matter is an end boss had no business being in the citadel. It would have been a completely stale and formulaic conclusion. The real climax of the game is the suspended cliffhanger. Everything explodes -- they'd be dead, except for G-Man's intervention. Does he save Alyx?

Typical. Valve tries something different that revolves more around the characters instead that old tired end-boss stuff, and all they get is grief. Anyone want to bet how many would bitch if they DID have an endboss, for being same-old same-old?

News Comments > Quake 4 Update
49. Re: Wow Apr 16, 2005, 11:52 human

Because it'll run at lower res, you have the make the nipples bigger so they still show up at 1024x768. This is a basic tenet of game character design. Christ, you ignorant people.

Nipples: The bigger the better.

News Comments > Video Game Actors to Strike?
11. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2005, 07:06 human

Why do articles like these always refer to 'video game manufacturers'? What the fuck? Like video games are just like a microwave that gets put together on the assembly line.

Why aren't movies 'manufacturered' then, you bastards?

News Comments > HL2 DM Maps & Aftermath Details Soon
13. Re: Apr 9, 2005, 10:43 human

If the game would have received a bad response anyway, then it probably wouldn't be released, as publishers have no reason to waste advertising on a product they don't expect to do well.

So in comparison, having an opportunity to play part of a game may be better than not having the opportunity. Game developers don't owe you anything unless you pay up. If you pay 6 bucks for 1/5th of a game, they only owe you 1/5th of a game.

News Comments > HL2 DM Maps & Aftermath Details Soon
10. Re: Apr 9, 2005, 07:14 human

Common sense: 1, Professional's Intelligence: 0

News Comments > Invasion Invades
8. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2005, 06:00 human

'Adapting' clothes of the persons he will meet?

Sounds like 'medieval RPG Barbie'.

News Comments > Prey Lives?
18. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 13:23 human

Dante_uk, you are a first-class idiot.

There is NO convincing evidence at all that the moon landings were a hoax, and VAST amounts of evidence that they really occured.

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Did%20we%20land%20on%20the%20Moon.htm

This page pretty much deals with every single lame-ass excuse you could possibly give. People with no concept of physics or even photography trying to analyze pictures is like monkeys trying to assemble a lego set. Hilarious, in other words.

News Comments > Prey Lives?
6. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 07:07 human

hump said: what is it about 3DR that they have such a difficult time holding on to employees?

What is it? IT's the fact that they haven't developed an actual PC game for...what, 5, 6 years? Working at 3Drealms must be like eating stale crackers.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 EULA Legal Issues?
146. Re: I'm glad Feb 8, 2005, 06:39 human

Creston said: "Funny how the ACLU has remained ominously quiet on this whole issue. I guess there's not enough mindless bitching for them to do. "

Yeah, shit, the ACLU should really take on COMPUTER GAMES when the Second Bush Reich is nipping at our heels, detaining Americans left and right. Good call, Creston, you Ralph Nader, you.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo