Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Development Halted
35. Re: jowood Aug 5, 2005, 19:16 human

Why don't you two lovebirds go play a game of sims online and have virtual sex. You happy now? You've distracted everyone from bashing JoWooD oR WHaTeEvR the FuCK they are.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Source Engine/Counter-Strike: Source Updates
12. No subject Aug 5, 2005, 08:18 human

Could we stop calling 'The Half Elf' anything but a major idiot? It's the source engine. CS? Uhhh, ever heard of a game called HL2 that used THE SOURCE ENGINE?

What are you even talking about?

News Comments > Dear Diaries
11. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2005, 14:52 human

I mentioned tribes, but tribes is nothing like the gameplay dynamic of 'very very powerful single player with inhuman capabilities vs. many smart bugs'. neither is this ST game.

8. powered armor in a game Aug 3, 2005, 12:55 human

the possibilities would be just awesome to put the strategy of powered armor suits in a game. It'd be something like a heavy suit in Tribes but with more speed -- Heinlein even described in the book the strategy of jumping over buildings in a way to skim to roof, and not spend more time, vulnerable, in the air, than you needed to. Then there was the concept that was developed in the book in which the troopers get to their combat zone by getting shot out of an orbiting spaceship, rocketing through the atmosphere while avoiding anti-aircraft enemy fire, and landed on your jets.

anyone that made a game like that would get my money for sure. Innovative, cool...not just shooting a bunch of bugs. This current Starship Troopers game sounds like Space Invaders.

2. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2005, 11:16 human

Ffft, this movie was a stinker because they fucked up the concept, so this game will too. It's not about stupid grunts on foot, it should be like the book: powered armor suits, elite soldiers with the firepower of a tank vs zillions of bugs.

Random grunts is like, Braveheart, nothing we havent seen before. But a powered armor suit? That would rock the house. The game franchise and the movie were a wasted opportunity to show some awesome weaponry and tactics that have rarely been done in live action.

News Comments > DoD: Source & HL2 Lost Coast Status
28. Re: wow!!!! Jul 24, 2005, 06:21 human

I enjoyed the trash picking too. It really is a testament to Valve's commitment to the environment that they included such a scene in the game. (I heard they were paid about $40,000 by the Sierra Club to include it.)

News Comments > DoD: Source & HL2 Lost Coast Status
8. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2005, 17:07 human

INSTEAD OF DOING PRESS RELEASES WHY DONT THEY WORK ON FINISHING HALF LIFE 2!!!!! ITS BEEN 1.5 YEARS SINCE THEIR HL2 RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!

oh wait.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
4. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 18:19 human

Not impressed: the unpatched demo v1 will not run on my P4 R9700 system -- flickers a bit, then goes back to desktop, no error or explanation. The patch 1.02 does not install, claiming that it cannot find the demo directory.

uh....

News Comments > The Cost of Hot Coffee
26. Re: Got... Jul 22, 2005, 15:41 human

The game was rated M (17+) to begin with. If pre-teens are playing it, then the parents of those kids have already failed, and that is not the problem of the software publisher/developer. If it's a 17+ year old playing it, well, their legal age of sexual consent is less than a year away. Stop using the "BUT IT WAS HURTING TEH KIDS" argument.

What argument? You seem to think I'm trying to make a point about 'sex 4 kidz is badd' when I'm just asking Tim if he seriously thinks Clinton's sexual (private) adultery was somehow just as bad as Rockstar knowingly releasing explicit content for teens. Of course, we all know that 12 year olds will have played the game anyway. No parent can keep them from doing that, no matter how 'good' a parent they are. Anyone who ever was 12 years old knows this.

It happens everyday. So the question actually is, how were Clinton's white house shenanigans worse than this, when in fact Clinton did not (to my knowledge) distribute copies of his adultery for viewing by the general public?

News Comments > The Cost of Hot Coffee
12. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 12:50 human

What's the comparison, Tim? That two consenting adults engaging in adultrery is comparable to explicit sex exposed to pre-teens and teens?

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
11. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 15:31 human

Psst..playing BF2 is a waste of time too. AFter all, you're playing an arcade simulation of combat. Neither will get you laid, and neither will earn you money.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update
9. Re: Steam Free and Loving it Jul 21, 2005, 13:39 human

Why don't they optimize Gabe Newell to lower his twinkie usage??????? ehh???????? am i right guys

News Comments > Retail Group on GTA
42. Re: Please Explain Jul 21, 2005, 05:04 human

Cutedge, you really believe we went to Iraq to save the Iraqis from Saddam? Then why aren't we in the Sudan or North Korea helping out those poor schmucks from their political troubles too? The numbers we have on civilian deaths are based on the actions of our own government. They died on OUR watch. That's why it's important, moron.

Oh, and you forget, like all war apologists, that the reason we went to Iraq was to GET RID OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, which turned out never to have existed.

News Comments > MMO Sweatshops
25. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 02:52 human

Well, watching 'gandhi' debate 'propagandhi' is amusing, but I think I'm going to have to say, man this story is weird.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2005, 23:05 human

That's one game. That's not 'quite a few'. Second, that game is not 'based' on religion particularly. Playing as Humans certainly makes it more of a humanistic game than anything else.

The reason there are so few 'Christian' games is because it's dumb to basically filter out a large part of your audience based on ideology. For religious nuts that insist that everything they do 'praises God', fine. The rest of us want to enjoy our lives.

News Comments > More Episodic Sin Details
42. Re: Eurogamer info on how the episodes w Jul 6, 2005, 21:56 human

Riley acts like he's trying to be a civil rights advocate, but instead of working in the infinitely more important and influential world of politics and culture, he does it on Blue's News, defending the rights of gaming nerds like us. I call him the Rosa Parks of oppressed game dweebs.

Sock it to Gabe Newell, Riley! Give 'em Hell! Let 'em know we won't take their BS anymore!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update Plans
44. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 14:21 human

shurrap, xenopulse!!!!!!!!1 ur just ruining our conferenz on gameplay mechanics.

okk next, who would win in a fite, star destroyer or gordon freeman???

News Comments > Ghost Recon 3 Title Official
8. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 15:36 human

Set in 2013? So we should still be in Iraq, right?

News Comments > Max Payne Movie Plans
13. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 13:30 human

Malakai, 'license'?

But someone correctly notes that Max Payne is basically a pastiche of noir detective movies, dead family, heavy drinking, renegade cop, and heavy handed cliched metaphors all. As a game -- yeah, I enjoyed it, kinda. But to turn it back into a film is to take manure, grow some carrots with it, then grind them back up into carrot mush and eat it. The end result will be shit, in other words.

News Comments > Game & Mod Development - Elite Warriors Tools
2. Re: Editing Tools....for what? Jun 2, 2005, 05:07 human

Elite Warriors is a co-op and single player based Vietnam tactical squad shooter.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo