Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam 3 Cometh
27. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2005, 12:34 human

Articulate the opposition? The problem is that you articulate your ass more than your brain, Riley.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Vote with your dollars. The incessant whining about how Steam is bad because it makes it so Valve controls how their software is sold is so juvenile that it's not worthy of any further comment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battle.Net Redesign
3. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 18:33 human

It's like they were TRYING to disappoint people by purposely hyping what turned out to be just...a site redesign.

News Comments > Stranger MMO Plans
2. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 12:41 human

the 'STRANGER universe'?? WTF are they talking about. The only story called 'Stranger' I know of is by philosopher Albert Camus, and I doubt they're making a MMORTS out of that.

News Comments > DNF in December?
48. Shut your hole, sixis. Oct 5, 2005, 08:16 human

I'm not interested in DNF and never have been. DN3D was a amatuerish pastiche of better movies and better games. All the lines are stolen. The whole vibe of Duke Nukem in FPS is like an adolescent patchwork of 'ooooh that was a cool movie, let's have him say a line from it'.

No way, no thanks.

News Comments > Dreadnaught 64-bit Demo
1. No subject Oct 3, 2005, 11:00 human

964 bit computing! Geez, PCs have advanced a lot since my last system purchase.

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
47. Re: Inflation is a fake concept Oct 1, 2005, 18:32 human

Obviously you don't know how to do math. Here's a lesson:

.34 * X, no matter how small X is, will never be 0 as long is X is positive. You're a total dumbshit.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Day of Defeat: Source
120. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2005, 14:26 human

Hahahah. Tumbler says Valve is like 'a dictator' that makes everyone obey them. And if you buy a Valve product you're just an oppressed citizen of Nazi Germany.

Forget it, Tumbler. You're a self-admitted 'hater' of Valve. Your objectivity goes right out the fucking window when you admire you've got some emotional hangup with a GAME COMPANY.

Pathetic. Why don't you and Riley go found your own 'Valve are Nazis' forum and talk about 'renting' their Steam games until you're blue in the face? I'd like that.

104. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2005, 05:51 human

Buyers of the retail collector's edition certainly paid enough to deserve getting DOD:Source as a free bonus given that Half-Life Source and the t-shirt certainly didn't justify the extra cost of the collector's edition.

Absolute nonsense. Whether or not the cost was justified is a call that Valve and each consumer makes. If they didn't want to pay it, they shouldn't have bought it. Purchasing something with full knowledge of its contents, then regretting it, does not all of a sudden force the seller to give away more things to placate the idiot consumer having buyer's remorse.

79. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2005, 09:38 human

Learn to read yourself, Electronic Arts published the recent CounterStriek Source retail box that also included Day of Defeat Source.

Don't be an idiot, Dagok. The original retail box couldn't include DoD because of the publishing deals. Whether or not recent deals changed to allow it makes no difference in the context of my original post. Thanks for the pedantic correction, but it actually had zero bearing on my point.

69. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2005, 06:30 human

We just f*cking covered that, ledge. Activision owns DoD publishing rights, not Vivdendi. Learn to read.

And a big OMFGLOLMAO to Riley Pizt who demands a free DoD for retail purchasers, and calls Valve 'possessive' for not giving more of their content away free.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
116. Re: Hmmm Sep 22, 2005, 06:43 human

No idea what Creston's bitching about. Steam with a few settings windows open takes something like 11MB, shrinking down to 3MB when minimized. OMFG 11 MEGS!#

Googletalk and skype each take more than that.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
79. Riley Pizt and New Economics Sep 20, 2005, 07:31 human

In a capitalistic economy, only being able to buy something directly from the producer or other sole supplier is horrendous from the customer perspective because it drives up the price or keeps the price artifically high.

God you're a pretentious blowhard, Riley. Two complete and thorough rebuttals to your mindless gibberish: 1) ALL game developers are the 'sole producer' of their own products. No matter how many retailers sell it, it's the developer and publisher that sets the minimum price anyway.

2) In a free market economy, people are allowed to sell things HOWEVER THEY WANT within the law. There is neither anything immoral or illogical or illegal about Valve's self-distribution. Your precious free market ensures that if the price is too high, PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY. Instead you have the mentality of a 11 year old that wants everything, and thinks it's your 'right' to have things cheap no matter what. That's not how it works, bucko. It's a double edged sword. They can raise the price. The consumer can walk away. There is no extortion here. All your bitching belies an ignorance of both sides of the free market.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 07:32.

News Comments > Quake II as an MMOG
42. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2005, 18:58 human

I don't represent that Wikipedia is an authoritative source on all subjects, it's merely usually the top result for any internet search. In this case it also happens to confirm something I had known independently through another source.

Finally, you misunderstand: what I'm talking about is the final r (the 'rhotic') on the word 'idea'. It is added at the end of such words when the next word will also be a vowel or some set of vowels. This is called 'intrusive r' and is present in many British dialects, including RP. This is what I said, in support of the original poster. My example 'dramar' and 'idear' are meant to phoneticize in an AMERICAN way the British pronunciation.

'Dramar' or 'drama-er', 'idear' or 'idee-er', no matter how the write it the concept is the same.

40. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2005, 15:09 human

Thank you for putting me so firmly in my place... nearly 1/2 a day after

Oh, gee, I'm sorry to have left you for a whole 12 hours on your own. I do apologize.

Jerk. I'm not trying to "talk above a level" I'm comfortable with.. I'm quite comfortable 'talking' at this 'level', thank you very much.

Your entire point trying to criticize the original poster and your demand that everyone should 'write as if the acronym would be fully read out' was the exact anally retentive grammar tightass style you're trying to accuse me of enforcing. I never told other people to 'properly construct their sentences', dumbshit.

I specifically said that this is an informal level of writing, so I have no problem making a typo. You're the one trying to hold me to your self-proclaimed 'high standard', which in the end was merely ignorance, wasn't it?

All this bluster just to cover your embarassment at having stuck your foot in your big mouth.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 15:11.

38. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2005, 14:47 human

Simply because you're ignorant of something doesn't make that idea go away, Tango.

Actually other sources support what I said, including for example the current wikipedia article on dialect differences between American and British English:

"This phenomenon also partially accounts for the intrusion of /r/ between a word ending in a vowel and one beginning with a vowel (such as "the idear of it") exhibited both in some dialects of Britain and in the Boston accent of American English. Most other American dialects interpose a glottal stop where "r" appears in the Boston example, and appears to perform the same function of separating adjacent (non-diphthongized) vowels."

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 14:48.

33. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2005, 08:52 human

They only do it when the word after the 'ah' word begins with another vowel. For example, "I like drama and comedy" will be pronounced like, "I like dramar and comedy."

It's to space out the two consecutive vowels and keep them distinct. In American english we end up saying something like "I like dramund comedy" and slur the two vowels together.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 08:53.

30. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2005, 07:33 human

It doesn't matter that we're not 'pronouncing' everything on here, MeatFarts (if that is your real name.) The level of informality we're using and the nature of the board indicates that this is a conversational type of dialogue. How else would you explain even your OWN post starting with 'Ah yes!' That's a casual and conversational exclamation if I ever heard one, used only in conversations. This is not even looking at your own puncutation mistakes.

So your own argument about 'responsibility of the author to construct proper sentences' is bunk, because you yourself are writing much closer to a conversational level of informality than any kind of other documentation, like technical English, etc.

I recommend you stay away from trying to analyze sociological or pragmatic linguistics when you obviously trying to talk above a level you're comfortable with, because you're making basically no sense.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 07:35.

News Comments > Quake 4 Mania
47. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2005, 06:47 human

Just play Quake3 then and stop telling game developers not to innovate.

News Comments > Age of Angels Revealed
9. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2005, 14:58 human

Am I the only who's noticed that they totally misspelled Metatron? I totally can't support a game that spells Metatron wrong.

News Comments > Sunday Matinee
1. Sunday Manatee! Sep 11, 2005, 15:46 human

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo