Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > TerraWars: New York Invasion Revealed
15. Re: No subject Apr 16, 2006, 19:15 human

Squad based?

I see no evidence of a squad.

And yes, this definitely smells like a bullshit front company or something. For example, this 'Lady Luck Digital's other 'game' site here, http://www.ladyluckdigital.com/Temujin/ actually uses a render of a 3D model available for sale online, so that isn't even original art there.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/252989

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 19:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rage Hard Revealed
12. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2006, 11:11 human

1) The concept art make everyone look exactly like GI JOE characters, with a melange of fashions: http://www.titancomputer.de/mac/ragehard/gfx/concepts/sc06.jpg I mean...a neon green bandana? Light blue sneakers? Look carefully at the dates. The concept art is signed '2001' -- wow, 5 year old concept art! Also, look at this one: http://www.titancomputer.de/mac/ragehard/gfx/concepts/sc09.jpg Flannel shirt tied around the waist? And look at the colors on the flannel. Is that a swedish grunge student, or something?

2) Tagline on homepage: "The only lanaguage they are capable to handle is VIOLENCE".

3) Looks like it's based on some weird stereotype of the american 'street life': the black 'gangsta punk' the black 'hard rich drug dealer'

PS) Those of you thinking immediately about pulsing erections when you hear the game title 'rage hard' might want to check your sexual orientation again.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 11:13.

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Lionhead
11. Re: Sigh Apr 6, 2006, 11:31 human

Hahah, you're so fucking funny. Some internet fanboy named 'War' sighs and wants to take Molyneux to task for their 'inability to deliver good games'.

News Comments > INFERNAL Revealed
14. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 18:39 human

This 'physics processor' crap looks very gimmicky. I don't see how game physics really requires the use of a dedicated processor. In the long run it really seems much smarter to just increase the general processing power of the CPU. Until I see some kind of powerful demonstration otherwise, I will dismiss this stuff as pure hype.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 18:39.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's Source Game
30. Re: ... Mar 17, 2006, 08:20 human

"Longstanding community ones. Apparently you have never waited in line. "

Christ...pre-loading IS waiting in line, you moron. Pre-loading is the Steam equivalent of the distribution system that traditional game SKUs go through. Then, once the games are all in place, they are 'released' and people get to open the boxes and play. You are unbelievably dense.

22. Re: ... Mar 16, 2006, 23:37 human

It 'should'? By whose standards? Your obviously nonsensical ones? Or the ones that the developers of the content themselves choose? They decide they want to unlock the game on the same day. They have very good reasons for doing so. END DISCUSSION.

Idiot.

14. Re: ... Mar 16, 2006, 22:55 human

"It's wrong to make people wait especially a week to play after they already have the bits on their PC. "

No, it's wrong for certain people to play before anyone else, so a pre-load is a compromise between a poor gamer who doesnt get to play the immediately as it's downloaded and a traffic jam where 80 million people download at once.

You are the joke because you have absolutely no perspective. You just have some kind of hazy fantasy about absolute 'principles' like 'it's wrong to make people wait'. You are the joke.

11. Re: ... Mar 16, 2006, 22:40 human

Yeah, because pre-load is wrong, right riley? You don't like your streaming videos to buffer, it's just a waste of time. HEY DAMMIT, IT'S ON YOUR PC'S RAM, NOW PLAY IT AND STOP BUFFERING! you yell at windows media player. Load balancing, buffering, all these idiotic things that make for better experiences were invented by Valve to keep you from the content!

What a friggin one-note joke you are.

News Comments > Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka 2
1. No subject Mar 8, 2006, 08:41 human

What in the name of God?

A Farm Near Daikatana?

News Comments > Gold - Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
47. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2006, 22:51 human

Haven't you guys learned anything?

Riley Pissed will do ANYTHING to derail any thread that is even remotely involved with Valve Software.

The psych profile I've developed from his mindless rants over the past year indicate that Valve Software apparently personally seduced his girlfriend and gave him terrible acne, the scars of which still linger on his ravaged visage, to this day.

That is the source of his anger and no amount of logic or reason will penetrate it.

News Comments > Loki Announced
10. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2006, 20:28 human

"Can you survive for the final showdown ?"

You can always tell when it's the French; their unmistakably Gallic 'space before a final question mark' rule always looks bizarre.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Scratches
1. No subject Mar 2, 2006, 10:59 human

Christ, that press release sounds like it was written by Lovecraft. That awkward prose, those ever-so-slightly inappropriate adjectives. Wretched noises?

News Comments > The Godfather Sequels?
5. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2006, 12:41 human

I hate it when people misspell S E Q U E L S.

No 'a' in there, people.

News Comments > Follow-up - Half-Life 2: Episode One
27. Re: human Feb 12, 2006, 10:31 human

You say, "Who imagines anyone will pay $150". I didn't say it would be less. But it will still be a ripoff. But it doesn't matter because your argument is completely flawed. Look at those who pay for MMORPGs like WOW & EQ & UO & AC. It costs some people hundreds of dollars, and some even paid thousands of dollars. For a single game experience.

That's your argument? You think HL2 episodic expansions will be a MMORPG and thereby rip off poor gamers like you?

Stupid and disingenuous argument, and you know it. Calling it 'a single game experience' doesn't actually make HL2 expansions all of a sudden occupy the same market niche as a MMORPG, because it's not, and won't be. MMORPGS offer much more than a single player FPS like HL2 does, and gamers are smart enough to know it.

Secondly, even if Valve sold the equivalent of a game for $150, which, let us remind everyone, was your claim, does this mean that Valve and Stephen King are the spawn of Satan? One could in fact argue that episodic games offer people the option to try a small part of the game before buying it. Nothing wrong with that. Even if your idiot prophecy came to pass, it'd be a free market transaction with NO obligation on the part of the consumer to take part.

So, in the end, you're just another alarmist hand-wringing retard like Creston, bemoaning the fall of the games industry all because Valve decided to distribute their games themselves. Oh, woe is you! And yes, what DO you know, Zeph? Not much, from where I'm standing.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 10:32.

23. Re: RE: xXBatmanXx Feb 12, 2006, 06:56 human

Zeph is retarded, of course. Who imagines anyone will pay $150 for what we pay $50 for now? Only retards. QED.

2. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2006, 17:45 human

Just as many rightly pointed out, this was just an overreaction on the part of some professional valve-haters. It's always been episodic.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One
38. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2006, 05:50 human

" Man I hope not, but I've always been suspicious of that being where Valve was headed. When I heard Gabe was an ex-Microsoft executive, that really worried me."

AHahhahaha. Oh, 'Parallax Abstraction' (if that is your real name), you are a REAL LAUGH. We all know Microsoft employees are in it for the money. Hahhaha. I guess your mind just thinks in stereotypes.

News Comments > Halo 2 for Windows Vista Planned
89. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 20:42 human

I guess 'CR0C0' knows better than Microsoft what their products will run on.

News Comments > James Cameron MMORPG
20. PROJECT 880 IS.... Feb 4, 2006, 09:21 human

The secret 'project 880' is almost definitely the idea that Cameron worked with about 10 years ago, a script called 'AVATAR', which is set about a couple hundred years in the future, where a polluted and overcrowded earth sends 'controllers' to the alien planet Pandora to exploit its resources. The controllers are telepathically linked to specially-grown 'avatar' bodies that can survive in the harsh Pandoran environment. There are also native Pandorans, and I think some hijinks ensue, with a love story somewhere in there.

For more info: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22373

This makes the most sense: Alien planet, alien ecology, an established economic system. Perfect for an MMORPG.

I'm betting this is the property that Cameron's game is based on.

News Comments > Gold - Tycoon City: New York
2. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 11:52 human

can we combine that old Rampage monster game with this? build the city, then play a monster and destroy it.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo