Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for human

Real Name human   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname human
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2000, 07:51
Total Comments 355 (Amateur)
User ID 7223

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
28. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 16:08 human

Does Mad Max get $10 every time he uses the word "apologist" or something? If so, he's earned $100 so far. Good job, Mad Max. None of us know what the hell you're talking about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mac Team Fortress 2 Tomorrow
12. Re: Mac Team Fortress 2 Tomorrow Jun 9, 2010, 21:05 human

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 20:21:
spindoctor wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 20:19:
Everyone who launches the game on a Mac should get a special hat. Windows gamers need to know who to single out for the 'special treatment'
Oh that will be easy. They'll have a hard time turning around, and they'll never use their alternate fire.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

News Comments > Portal: Prelude Support Ends
13. Re: It's for DRM. May 22, 2010, 22:09 human

I've Got The News Blues wrote on May 22, 2010, 21:33:
Ant wrote on May 22, 2010, 21:26:
If so, then clever from Valve to make $$.
It's greedy. Most other game developers and publishers have given away their mod SDK's for free and don't require that the game be purchased or even run to acquire and use the SDK.

Ahh, yes. Valve gave away a game, so they're greedy. Got it. Thanks, Riley, for explaining it to us. Maybe you shouldn't be so obvious every time you change your handle on this board, otherwise what's the point?

News Comments > Portal Patched
41. Re: Next time read before you reply. May 15, 2010, 14:28 human

Riley is hilarious. I think he's been bitching and moaning about Valve for, what, the last 6 years or so? I remember him doing his little-boy tantrum routine on here constantly.

Don't you guys ever wonder what kind of biological defect he's got in his brain that makes him like this? He obsesses over Valve and Steam. He talks like he knows everything there is to know about software development and game development, but he's seemingly never given his credentials. The way he talks, he must a grizzled veteran of the game development industry. I bet he created C++. Maybe he invented the transistor. We'll never know.

News Comments > More on the Portal ARG
9. Re: More on the Portal ARG Mar 4, 2010, 17:25 human

You're about 3 days late to the party, jimnms.  

News Comments > BioShock 2's Scout Plasmid Detailed
1. Re: BioShock 2's Scout Plasmid Detailed Jan 26, 2010, 20:26 human

Meet the Scout Plasmid?  

News Comments > Valve December 2009 Hardware Survey
2. Re: Valve December 2009 Hardware Survey Jan 8, 2010, 00:30 human

That's why there are hardcore and mainstream segments of the PC market. And if your name is something like Techie714, you're probably not in the latter.  

News Comments > Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday
10. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 17:48 human

Be nice to newbs. At least give them a hint on voice chat if they're doing something wrong. Being elitist doesn't help us maintain our playerbase-- being helpful does.  

News Comments > TF2 Micro-Sale
3. Re: TF2 Micro-Sale Nov 1, 2009, 02:58 human

Valve can't expand sales to "a LOT more games" when they don't have the rights to set prices for those games.  

News Comments > Queen DLC for Rock Band
2. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 14:55 human

Woahhhh. I love Queen, so this announcement did something I never expected. For a second, I wanted to buy Rock Band!  

News Comments > L4D Crash Course Released, L4D Sale [Updated]
37. Re: Crash Course Released Sep 30, 2009, 05:17 human

Yeah, but you know people will bitch if you do that, right? I mean I literally have been on this very site reading people bitch about Valve's preloading scheme. They were livid that Valve would have completed the game but would 'artificially' delay the release for a smooth launch.

You can't win with these people. No matter what you do they will bitch.

News Comments > L4D Crash Course Released, L4D Sale [Updated]
33. Re: L4D Crash Course Released Sep 29, 2009, 19:55 human

Wow, marduk. Sixteen ALLCAPS WORDS because your free DLC content didn't arrive on your hard drive instantaneously?

You compare free content to being 'analy [sic] raped by a gorilla'. One wonders when you had the opportunity to experience primate-human lovemaking. You say we used to play games 'RIGHT AWAY without waiting'. I guess you're too young or too intellectually dishonest to remember that download patches used to be much worse, as companies relied on a handful of third party professional hosting sites like Filefront, etc, to distribute their patches.

I think if someone came up to you on the street and offered you a free soup and salad, you'd scream for an hour until you were blue in the face about the speed of their service.

News Comments > Stardock/UPS Follow-up
39. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2009, 05:52 human

"HellSlayer" is hilarious. Point and laugh, folks -- point and laugh. That's all you can do these days.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU
18. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU Sep 17, 2009, 14:44 human

What young children were kidnapped and enslaved in Germany?  

News Comments > Rendition Guantanamo Rendered Moot
14. Re: Rendition Guantanamo Rendered Moot Jun 4, 2009, 00:42 human

Man, what the fuck is "slippery jim" talking about? Flag waving? Nobody, American or otherwise, has anything positive to say about this concept here.  

News Comments > Valve on Improving the TF2 Experience
3. Re: Valve on Improving the TF2 Experienc Mar 12, 2009, 22:21 human

"crashing the internet" = thumbs up  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
11. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Feb 24, 2009, 04:53 human

Mere weeks around the announcement of HL2, Creston gave us his thoughts on the franchise:

"Seriously, I expect NOTHING to come out of Valve, and with nothing I mean absolutely a big fat zero. After all, if they WERE to release something at some point in the ongoing space time continuum, they will lose their Biggest VaporWare Producer challenge with 3dRealms."

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=41225&id=81006&view=threads

Creston is my favorite user on Bluesnews.

News Comments > New TF2 Scout Details
23. Re: New TF2 Scout Details Feb 24, 2009, 04:39 human

What the hell is the point of your 'question'? You've already served as judge, jury, and executioner on this one. "Judging from its entire approach"? And what approach is that? Oh, that's right; you don't know, because you've never actually played it. If you were actually interested in what qualities this game has, this would be gleaned from gameplay videos, trailers, etc.

You just came here to flaunt your Latinate erudition. The only impression you've given everyone here is, as the scout would say: "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

News Comments > Newell on Piracy, Pricing, TF2 Comics, and More
78. Re: Newell on Pricing Feb 19, 2009, 15:36 human

Milk is not a good analogy for games in a economic analysis. There are about a billion reasons why, but I'll name the three most salient:

1) Milk is usually a basic food in many cultures. It is, therefore, in economic terms, relatively inelastic in its demand curve. People cannot find substitutes for milk and are not as willing to part with milk as prices rise as they are to games. Games, of course, are entertainment, and almost no one would prioritize entertainment over a basic necessity such as food.

2) Production and distribution costs of milk and games are wholly different. In Steam, which is what this thread is about, distribution costs are miniscule compared to the price of the production of the game. In milk, distribution costs are more substantial and more easily influenced by external factors such as the price of fuel, the cost of maintaining trucks, et cetera.

3) There are many producers and distributors of milk in most markets. Steam, as a distribution service, is probably the premier service of its kind. There are very few other online games distribution systems in place that compete with Steam.

All of these factors make your analogy fatuous to the extreme.

I am not making any 'defense' here of Steam. My only point here is that you are a moron and everything you say is laughable. The fact that you think you are some sort of messianic advocate of the consumer, "defending lower prices" makes a good laugh, but that's all.

And who cares if a game costs $65 in your country? Prices of various goods differ widely in different countries. If you are German, you are probably used to paying 2 euros for a döner and 2 euros for a beer, and yet you probably pay 1.5 euros or more for a liter of gasoline and here in the US we pay more for beer and less for gas.

'Defending' these prices (not that anyone can even do such a thing) does not remove the market conditions which make them so. That is not to say new ways of doing things cannot be found, and in fact it looks like Valve are trying these experiments to learn more about this new market, but the way you're going about this subject gives me nothing but lulz.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2009, 15:45.

News Comments > Newell on Piracy, Pricing, TF2 Comics, and More
64. Re: Newell on Pricing Feb 19, 2009, 14:12 human

'ereaser', every comment you make is totally oblivious to market economics. What a game is worth is totally subjective, and valid for you only. Everyone has a different subjective view on value.

That's the whole point of economics. It is the collective interactions of all buyers and sellers.

The problem is you mistake your sense of value for everyone else's. Get off that, shut up and read some intelligent analysis before you open your mouth. Making statements about what the value of milk is to you adds nothing productive to conversation. You are just an idiot screeching on a street corner right now.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2009, 14:13.

355 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo