Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 1989 (Pro)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
11. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 10:07 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 09:49:
I don't know what the actual numbers are, we are all speculating... but, my point is that there are probably AT LEAST twice the amount of people that won't buy the game (or play it at all) because of the DRM, as there are "regular pirates" that "might".

If they get to pull bullshit numbers out of their ass for piracy numbers, we get to pull bullshit numbers out of our ass for people who avoid the games due to DRM.

I say it's at least a billion lost sales. Maybe a trillion. Fuck you UBI.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Re:Star Wars Blu-Rays on the Way Apr 18, 2010, 23:08 Frijoles

After he fucked the Force up with #1, I'm okay if he doesn't do anything new.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Apr 16, 2010, 15:04 Frijoles

I'm buying it for singleplayer. I'm too old for multiplayer. This has been proven to me in the beta.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
5. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 16, 2010, 10:19 Frijoles

When PC game sales dwindle to nothing, we'll see how vital their PC market really is.  

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
13. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 15, 2010, 23:43 Frijoles

I was 86k in line. That dropped to about 60k after about 20 min. Right after that the queue vanished and I was buying it. *shrug* I bought one for my wife and myself. Doubt I'll use mine for a while though. It's all over the place in Dal. I wonder if they're really going to limit the number. There were 90% left when I bought mine, whatever that means.  

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic Online Closed Beta Next Month
3. Re: Heroes of Might and Magic Online Closed Beta Next Month Apr 15, 2010, 11:20 Frijoles

Wasn't this their browser based one? Been so long since that was announced, I thought it had vanished.  

News Comments > Asheron's Call Spring Event Underway
2. Re: Asheron's Call Spring Event Underway Apr 13, 2010, 23:33 Frijoles

Memories... nothing but memories...

Seriously, Turbine, I have money for you. Make another AC, and make it like AC1. Skill based. Gear that can be dropped on the ground. No flight paths, just the learned ability to create a portal in two locations. HUGE world. Carrying around tapers (etc) sucked, but I liked the idea.

I miss AC. I tried to play it a year or so ago, but the interface was too frustrating to use.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 12, 2010, 10:49 Frijoles

How long has there been an ignore button?? I've never noticed it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Future Wars
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Future Wars Apr 8, 2010, 10:01 Frijoles

One thing I don't like about Impulse is the date they put as release date. I don't care when Impulse got it. All I care about is whether the game was released in 1999 or 2009.  

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patch
4. Re: The Settlers 7 Patch Apr 5, 2010, 09:58 Frijoles

Sadly it hurts the developer as well. Blue Byte has been with Ubisoft for a very long time. Dunno if they'd be tempted to leave because of something like this, or even if they can. So I guess if any of you from Blue Byte happen to read this, I'd love to support your game, without the DRM.  

News Comments > New Dwarf Fortress
11. Re: New Dwarf Fortress Apr 2, 2010, 14:37 Frijoles

I decided to try again. Brain is so far in tact. I found some good video tutorials:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=28477.0

They're for an older version of the game, but I'm up to #4 so far and they're definitely helping to figure the game out.

News Comments > New Dwarf Fortress
5. Re: New Dwarf Fortress Apr 2, 2010, 11:04 Frijoles

I tried this game a few years ago. My brain asploded trying to figure out the interface. It took a few months of crying in the corner before I could interact with people again. For that reason I fear trying this new version.  

News Comments > Settlers 7 Aus DRM Woes
35. Re: Settlers 7 Aus DRM Woes Mar 31, 2010, 23:17 Frijoles

Ruffiana wrote on Mar 31, 2010, 21:27:
Right, I would agree with this if it were working in the manner that Ubisoft expected it to. But it doesn't. It's a disruption of their service, no different than heavy clouds blocking your satellite TV reception.

More like your TV works fine, but one station doesn't. I can easily see a class action lawsuit here. The game says that a constant internet connection is required. Okay, let's say I have one. Game still doesn't work. That's not my problem anymore, that's theirs. If they can't keep it up, figure out another way to do it. It's nothing like my shitty connection dropping packets on a regular basis. People having problems can't connect to their auth servers. Again, not their problem.

News Comments > Settlers 7 Aus DRM Woes
21. Re: Just Cause 2 Patched Mar 31, 2010, 18:20 Frijoles

I have no doubt they'll remove the DRM eventually. The question for me is, will I buy these games after that. Ubi is burning bridges that they really didn't have to begin with. As much as I'd love to play this game, I don't want my money going to a company that would do this in the first place.  

News Comments > DICE: Free Maps "Crucial"
6. Re: DICE: Free Maps Mar 31, 2010, 15:36 Frijoles

Agree with that. The new map in conquest is shit. Way too small. Still, free is free, and I'm glad to have it. Hopefully they get another one out though that isn't so small that a recon can kill you from across the map.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Trial
3. Re: Global Agenda Free Trial Mar 30, 2010, 12:34 Frijoles

They've certainly been adding things that should have been there, like the friend's list and ability to repair upgrades. But I've not seen anything added that just screams, "Hey, come back!". Crafting is still almost worthless. It's still the same maps in PvE. There are still no objectives (run to end, kill boss).

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. For about 10 hours. After that, the repetitiveness kicks in and you're left wondering what to do.

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Trial
1. Re: Global Agenda Free Trial Mar 29, 2010, 23:26 Frijoles

So they're kinda like non-subscribers.

Level 16 takes maybe 8 - 10 hours, which is what level I am at.
Couldn't select our PvP match type until recently.
Can non-subscribers join agencies or AvA?
I _can_ however use mail and the auction house.
Crafting is lame.
Nobody uses voice chat.

Still, a free trial is a free trial. If you're at all interested, give it a shot. I still fire it up once a week since I enjoy the PvE. Lack of new maps or objectives, however, has made it a bit stale.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week
11. Re: Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week Mar 29, 2010, 09:54 Frijoles

10 comments and not a word about the shitty community both games have? Amazing. I believe it's been compared to, "Worst community in the online universe ever." I've only played HoN, and yeah, it sucks. LoL apparently is bad as well, but not as bad. A word of warning to anyone trying HoN, the Newbie games are not for Newbies. They're for people who are advanced in the game and want to stomp on newbies and then laugh/bitch about them. If you're looking to join a starter game, join one with a 1500 or so rating requirement. Much much better, and less yelling.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
2. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 10:40 Frijoles

I think the problem here is that Ubisoft is _really_ in to anal. They just can't stop fucking people over.  

News Comments > F.3.A.R. Revealed?
1. Re: F.3.A.R. Revealed? Mar 24, 2010, 15:19 Frijoles

Not only do I refuse to call it F.3.A.R., but I refuse to call it F.E.A.R. 3. I think I call it "Fear 3, aka stupid fucking name for a game".

1989 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo