Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2045 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
34. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 16:09 Frijoles

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 16:03:
I was asking a question. If pricing was announced to be $60 for each of the 3 parts of this game, would that be ok? Would anyone take issue with this game if that were the end result?

Depends on how good SC2 episode 1 is. If I can get 15+ hours of enjoyment out of it, yeah, I'll buy the next at $60. If it turns out to be crap, then no I won't. I've already got that 15 hours in the beta, so I'm not too worried.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:52 Frijoles

I wasn't aware of a boycott going on.  

3. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 11:53 Frijoles

Amazon still shows mine as arriving tomorrow. My first foray in to "release day shipping", or whatever it is. If it doesn't make it tomorrow I'll be pissed.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
10. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jul 26, 2010, 09:48 Frijoles

Can you remap your keys in Beat Hazard yet?  

News Comments > BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale
17. Re: BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale Jul 25, 2010, 00:22 Frijoles

I paid for the feed last year. I'll probably do it again this year. I like seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff (the panels and such). Plus two years ago they announced Diablo 3 (I think it was at BlizzCon). Last year was all about Cata. What's this year going to be?

Plus they have goodie bags (codes). The $40 last year was worth it.

News Comments > BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale
3. Re: BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale Jul 24, 2010, 11:45 Frijoles

No pet this year.  

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Details, Screenshots
8. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Details, Screenshots Jul 23, 2010, 09:34 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Jul 23, 2010, 01:10:
Part of the allure of the show was the practically hopeless situation the human fleet was in compared to the near infinite resources available to the Cylons.

The Cylons split in to two groups towards the end of the show. I don't know how the game is handling them, but it's possible they're the latter group that had a broken ship and little else. Also, weren't there only 13 human looking Cylons? I should probably read up on this game since I'm curious how they're going to make it work.

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
2. Re: Impulse Top 10 Jul 20, 2010, 00:33 Frijoles

Can't compare it since I can't remember AoW2 very well (if I played it). But Elemental is fucking fun, even for a buggy beta. I'm actually waiting for the 3B beta (last one before launch) to finish updating so I can play again.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
8. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 18:51 Frijoles

I liked it. I'll be dropping $60, mainly for singleplayer campaign and skirmishes. Multiplayer can suck it unless it's against friends.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Upgrades Preview
4. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 12:07 Frijoles

This sounds RPG-ish. Did the current devs even play SC1?  

News Comments > A Tale in the Desert Election Plans
2. Re: A Tale in the Desert Election Plans Jul 12, 2010, 12:03 Frijoles

For the love of the Pharaoh, PLEASE UPDATE THE UI. Spend a few minutes coding some god damn proper movement controls. You don't even have to think about it, just copy WoW's control scheme. Everyone else does.

ATITD1 was awesome. I spent many hours collecting grass for the damn camel. After playing other MMOs, however, I can't return because I spend most of my time swearing at the interface.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 8, 2010, 16:45 Frijoles

Forums trolls are probably just a cover. The game is what, five years old? And _just now_ it's a problem? Those forums have been horrible since before launch. There are numerous other methods to fix troll problems. And there's this rumor going around now.

News Comments > Disciples III: Renaissance Demo
7. Re: Disciples III: Renaissance Demo Jul 8, 2010, 16:42 Frijoles

This demo needs to be on Steam. I'm too lazy to have my games not in Steam or Impulse.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Announcement Nears
6. Re: Dead Space 2 Announcement Nears Jul 7, 2010, 13:08 Frijoles

I'm looking forward to #2. As for your points,

1) You didn't miss much. The notes didn't really have a lot of info. Some where just list of deceased.
2) Yes, very linear. I still used the button to show me where I was going, though. I kept getting lost with all the doors looking the same.
3) I enjoyed combat after I got the ripper. The flame thrower on those little things was fun as well.
4) I hated the lack ammo, but it did make the game more challenging. And yeah, I didn't experiment much or open many of the extra doors because I didn't want to waste my power nodes.

Still, I enjoyed the game. I figure I'll buy #2 when it's on sale for around $30.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patch
2. Re: The Settlers 7 Patch Jul 6, 2010, 15:48 Frijoles

Nope, not yet. Despite it being cracked a while ago and them saying they'd remove it if it were cracked (I think that's the rumor anyway).  

News Comments > Intel Drops Project Offset
14. Re: Intel Drops Project Offset Jul 2, 2010, 09:12 Frijoles

Sad indeed. I got a shirt from them. I should ebay it in a few years. I stopped following them when they deleted all the accounts and made everyone sign up over at Intel's site. Hopefully things work out for them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - All Points Bulletin
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - All Points Bulletin Jun 29, 2010, 16:40 Frijoles

Seems most MMOs (Tabula Rasa excluded) seem to survive, even with very few users. I'll put this in that boat. I don't think it'll shutdown in the next six months, but I don't see it becoming very big at all.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Drops Subscriptions
7. Re: Global Agenda Drops Subscriptions Jun 25, 2010, 13:32 Frijoles

Surprised they moved so fast on this. They released a poll at the start of the week specifically asking if people had any interest in subscribing or not. I wonder how many, like myself, said no. At least they are listening and making improvements.

As for the death of the game, you can still find matches both for PvP and PvE. I think there were around 20 PvE matches (think it was hard mode) and around the same number of PvP matches last weekend when I was on.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
27. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:31 Frijoles

Does Bioshock 2 still have the DRM on it? The steam page for it doesn't mention it, but I remember it (the DRM) being full of suck.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
2. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 15:14 Frijoles

33% off Settlers sounds awesome. No buy with the DRM though until it hits $5.  

2045 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo