Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 1994 (Pro)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > New Eschalon: Book II Demo
2. Re: New Eschalon: Book II Demo May 27, 2010, 18:17 Frijoles

Stuck at a low resolution (1024x768, I believe). Kinda sucks. However, 4 hours later, I'm still playing. Just barely hit the first "go buy this game now!" screen. It was onsale at Impulse last week for around $18. Going to wait for another sale, if they ever have one.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gamers & Lucid Dreams
5. Re: Gamers & Lucid Dreams May 27, 2010, 14:39 Frijoles

I love my dreams. They take the form of games all the time. Same as you, Yosemite, I end up in an FPS. Usually there's respawning too. It's awesome. I don't ever have nightmares.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Regions Divided
30. Re: StarCraft II Regions Divided May 27, 2010, 14:37 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 27, 2010, 13:09:
Is it just me or is the campaign portion of any RTS, aside from Homeworld, the always the worst part of the game?

Campaign portion of RTS games is why I buy them. I'm too old for multiplayer these days unless it's with friends. Blizzard single-player campaigns are always top-notch. I have no issue with them taking my money.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 26, 2010, 09:44 Frijoles

Fatal Failure on Caster's donate page.

Edit: Worked in IE. It seemed to fail while transfering to PayPal. I know PayPal works with FF, so dunno what's going on. The post page (to download) was also down due to server too busy. Doing a retry worked though.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 25, 2010, 00:36 Frijoles

No. Maybe $20. I got about 15 - 20 hours out of it before everything became too repetitive.  

News Comments > Puzzle Quest 2 PC Plans
4. Re: Puzzle Quest 2 PC Plans May 19, 2010, 23:50 Frijoles

Galactrix was fun at first. I'm not sure how Puzzle Quest is, but Galactrix had only one game type. Because of this, it got boring pretty quick. Had they put a few other puzzles in, or maybe mixed it up a bit, it would have lasted longer in my game list.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 18, 2010, 23:09 Frijoles

Same question for Demigod. Does it have a single player campaign? I recall it didn't have one, or it was very limited, at launch.  

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Makes Money
3. Re: Dwarf Fortress Makes Money May 17, 2010, 23:09 Frijoles

After seeing the post on April 1 about this game, I gave it (another) try. It's now my lunch game. Every day I play this game, and my fort becomes more and more complicated. It's hands down the best RTS there is. I'm currently designing an elaborate method to drown some goblins that I have trapped in a hole near the opening to my fort. My next project is to build a room where I can trap Beasts, flood it with magma, and then flood it with water to turn them in to obsidian beasts.

So many possibilities with this game. I suppose it's time to donate.

News Comments > Majesty 2 Add-on This Week
1. Re: Majesty 2 Add-on This Week May 17, 2010, 10:42 Frijoles

I downloaded the base game last week.. so addicted. It's frustrating as hell, too. Hope they improved the UI in this add on.  

News Comments > Portal Free
3. Re: Portal Free May 12, 2010, 16:13 Frijoles

IT'S A TRAP! DON'T DO IT! GladOS will get you!  

News Comments > Impulse Weekly Top 10
5. Re: Impulse Weekly Top 10 May 12, 2010, 10:13 Frijoles

I've started using Impulse more. As much as I love Steam and would like to use them exclusively, I don't want to risk my entire game catalog with one publisher. If I'm going to buy a game and it's the same price on both services, I'll go with Impulse for now. Competition is good for Steam.

I noticed Steam renamed the Games link to Library. Wonder if they're going to bring in some applications. Would be a good move.

News Comments > Second Life Virtual Property Lawsuit
4. Re: Second Life Virtual Property Lawsuit May 11, 2010, 11:13 Frijoles

There was another lawsuit like this awhile ago with another MMO. I believe someone said, "Give them a disk with the bytes on it." Problem solved. Second Life is serious business.  

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Launches Wednesday
8. Re: Heroes of Newerth Launches Wednesday May 10, 2010, 16:03 Frijoles

Than sums it up pretty well. Highest asshole ratio of any game out there. I quit once, but then went back. I'd play more if not for interruptions (as in, I can't have any while playing this game, which is rare). I loved the graphics and gameplay. I kinda wish they'd release an AI to play against (a real one). I ended up buying it just to support S2. I enjoy their games.  

News Comments > A Tale in the Desert Weekend Event
2. Re: A Tale in the Desert Weekend Event May 7, 2010, 14:55 Frijoles

Only if you count Teppy.  

News Comments > Battle.net Real ID Details
9. Re: Battle.net Real ID Details May 6, 2010, 23:10 Frijoles

I'm looking forward to this more than SC2. I have friends on other servers in WoW, and I know a bunch of us will be playing SC2, while others play WoW (and D3 eventually). Will make it easy to talk to everyone and join up for raids, instance runs, etc.

Hate the name though. Sounds all big brothery. As MattyC said, this is for real friends. They already know all my info, so I have no problem giving this out. Plus I have an authenticator, so less to worry about.

News Comments > Ryzom Goes Open Source
2. Re: Ryzom Goes Open Source May 6, 2010, 23:06 Frijoles

Please someone copy Ryzom's resource finding code. I really enjoyed it, despite how tedious it was.  

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patch
3. Re: The Settlers 7 Patch May 5, 2010, 12:08 Frijoles

No longer an issue for now, you mean? It still has the DRM in it. Unless it's a pirated copy. Perhaps that's what he means. I watched a video of the gameplay on Impulse's TV thing. Ugg.. want to buy it without the DRM.  

News Comments > Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released
2. Re: Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released May 5, 2010, 12:06 Frijoles

I've yet to play it. I keep having problems with it. The first few attempts, it booted me out due to my ping. The last time I tried, I can't remember what it said. It wasn't happy with me, though. Not that I've tried very hard to get it running (and yes, I'm on Windows 7 with a DX10 card). I should probably try again.  

News Comments > Rejected Wookiee Game
9. Re: Rejected Wookiee Game May 5, 2010, 11:09 Frijoles

There's not enough talking in XWing, apparently.  

News Comments > Black Prophecy Closed Beta
7. Re: Black Prophecy Closed Beta May 4, 2010, 01:03 Frijoles

Infinity has been in development for a very long time. As awesome as it looks, I wonder if it'll ever come out.

Here's to hoping I get in to BP's beta.

1994 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo