Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2096 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 17:25 Frijoles

Game is fun and I'm enjoying it. There are a few annoying things though:

• The AI is crap. I backstabbed a dog standing right next to an NPC. If that wasn't bad enough, the NPC turned around and walked right past me killing his pet. I turned around and backstabbed him. Backstabbing makes you invisible I guess.

• The first car scene drove THROUGH an NPC. The NPC just kept on patrolling.

• The big mech guys are dumb as bricks and get stuck.

• The non-stealth approach is shit also, IMO. If you kill someone, all his buddies have ESP and know about it. Then an alarm is triggered and EVERYONE knows where you are. I've yet to actually cancel an alarm (they sure as hell don't time out). Usually I just reload the game and stealth in.

And every once in a while, an NPC acts like a zombie and walks right to me no matter where I am. I assume this is to teach me something, like the use of a new weapon. It's a really stupid way to do it. They don't shoot, they don't set off alarms, they just walk slowly up to you holding a baton and try to beat you. Breaks my immersion every time.

ASIDE from those issues and a few other minor ones, I'm having fun. I am enjoying the story and the characters, and I actually plan on finishing the game. Something I rarely do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Redux Announced
    9. Re: Metro Redux Announced May 22, 2014, 23:22 Frijoles

Just finished Last Light over the weekend. I loved the atmosphere and story. I also hated the "stand here and defend" parts (kept running out of ammo). Mask parts weren't a big deal since I was finding filters every time I turned around.

Anyway, I'm interested in the AI and what changes they made. I basically just hid in the shadows and sniped them off one by one.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
    26. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

commonperson wrote on May 22, 2014, 08:05:
    DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2014, 03:30:
    Maybe but even with the advances they've made with the technology all I seem to read is how it is fatiguing to use for any length of time.

There are a ton of developer and semi-public events here in Toronto. All of the people who've used the latest iteration have said these problems have been resolved.

I've heard the same thing. And since I get sick in the DK1 within about 10 minutes, I'll be a good test case for DK2. Will find out in July, I hope.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
    12. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 01:35 Frijoles

So I managed to get it running (updated the AMD drivers). Works now. Lots of in-game cut scenes in the first 30 min (no quicktime events so far). Need to get some sleep, but I'm enjoying what I saw. Not to spoil, but the "enemies" you see at the very start are impressive (what they are, not how they fight). On that note, don't play on the default setting. It's really fucking easy. Bump it up a notch.

So far so good.

10. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 00:54 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on May 20, 2014, 00:34:
    It's a 40+ gig download, I hear.

Yep, it is. Also, game crashes on startup for me (and others). Wondering if it's a dual-monitor issue.. again. QA departments should at least have one system with 2+ monitors. That'd be great.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
    4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer May 20, 2014, 00:36 Frijoles

I hope the AI/Combat isn't shit. If I'm surrounded by half a dozen enemies, they shouldn't take turns to fight. They should all try to gang-bang me or back off and use arrows. Looking forward to some Let's Play on this one though.  

8. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 00:31 Frijoles

I pre-ordered for the hat. Jester I don't even play TF2 anymore. I have no self control.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
    6. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 13, 2014, 22:18 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:06:
    Does anyone here have experience with this site? It was linked from kinguin.us

I've never tried that site, but you can usually get close to that price using GreenManGaming and a coupon. They always have coupons, a lot of times for 30% off.

News Comments > On Sale
    8. Re: On Sale May 12, 2014, 00:02 Frijoles

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 11, 2014, 20:28:
    the point of Doom3 BFG is 3D support.

Has Oculus support too (with a patch). My favorite Oculus game. Can't wait to play it with DK2 (after they hopefully add the positional tracking).

News Comments > Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer
    8. Re: Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer May 8, 2014, 12:19 Frijoles

Looking forward to this! I got my game stable and realized all my time was going to maintaining my farms. No real risk of starving. Got kinda bored after that. I had fun at the start though.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
    9. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 12:17 Frijoles

Holy shit, a real open beta! I don't even have to Like +1 Thumbs Up anything! WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD?!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
    24. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 23:28 Frijoles

Fantaz wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:19:
    we all knew this was coming... UE4 engine needs a killer app from Epic Games, and the game industry already exhausted all new game IP/design ideas. everything's already been done.

I have no doubt a killer app will be coming in UE4. That engine is wonderful. There's probably quite a few shitty apps coming too though.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
    19. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:36 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:04:
    Wonder if Zenimax realizes that they just entered a PR minefield that could lead to massive backlash against the company itself....

I doubt they care.

Considering how anti-patent Carmack is, I wonder if that's what we're talking about or if we're talking about copyright. His tweet suggests patent, in which case I wouldn't be surprised at all if his contract with ZeniMax specifically states no patents. The guy threatened to quit iD over them.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
    6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:53 Frijoles

Increased ability to pick up items in the world

Wonder wtf that means.

News Comments > From Software Sold
    31. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 17:27 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:07:
    The only valid point I've seen in any thread here on Blue's is that you still get the Xbox button prompts when not using a controller, which I would agree is silly but it can be fixed.

Don't forget getting out of some screens isn't obvious. Want to leave the "level up" lady screen? Right-click the red xbox button. 100% obvious, right? Want to apply changes to your keyboard bindings? Make sure to click the blue xbox button (or whatever color it was), otherwise changes will be lost.

People are pissed because they said PC was being done right this time, when it's clearly not. Aside from just moving around the world being a problem, the windows aren't uniform in how they work (escape sometimes works, sometimes doesn't), some windows say "Leave" others don't, right-clicking in one screen works differently than another, the resolution isn't supported right. Hell I still can't even start the game on my primary monitor.

I'm enjoying the game, but I sure as hell won't defend their fuckups and lies.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in June
    6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in June Apr 26, 2014, 12:04 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 21:19:
    Not gonna play D:OS anymore, already spoiled 20% of the game for myself, and that is as far as I'll go ;P

I'm in the same boat. I want to play, but I don't want to spoil it. I've replayed the starter area at least half a dozen times. It's come a long ways.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
    7. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 22:19 Frijoles

Yifes wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 21:13:
    Played about 5 hours so far, no issues at all (except that I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me... died 3 times at the first enemy... Dead )

Big soldier guys? Head to the forest. The mobs there are way easier. Unless you mean the pigs in the town.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    16. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 15:51 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:40:
    Frijoles wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 12:10:
    Fuck the bots and the people using them.

I've been hearing about this a bit but just how bad is the botting problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu5J9YpB68&list=UUTY7pCmRzfcmTy6_WvIo-Pg

I actually haven't seen the teleporting bug. Unless that's the reason I died instantly in PvP over and over (possibly I just suck). The bots in the dungeons is pure insanity though. 10+ bots standing on the same spot. As soon as the boss spawns (every 3 - 5 min or so), the bots go nuts and kill it in about a tenth of a second. You have to help kill the boss to get a completion for the dungeon (basically caves that you find, so they're all public). If you can get a hit in, great. Might not be able to loot it due to all the dead corpses, but at least you get a completion. If you miss, you wait again.

A Zenimax GM did a game announcement a few nights ago to message him and he'd come take care of the bots. Believe he was on for 15 min or so. Kudos for trying to help, but if this is their fix, I don't know what to say (aside from some swear words). And it's not like he has to ask to be messaged. Just go to any dungeon and you'll find bots. They aren't exactly hiding.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 12:10 Frijoles

Just unsubscribed. I'm actually going to miss some of it. The idea of helping towns/villages was a lot of fun. Felt good to get a whole zone completion.

Fuck the bots and the people using them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
    13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 23:25 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
    If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch.

I expected something better. Maybe not a complete redesign, but I don't see any different to DS1. Granted I didn't play DS1 a whole ton on PC. The menus are still shit. There are hints to press console buttons everywhere. I wouldn't mind an interview where they ask them wtf that extra PC time went towards. To top it off, they want you to play without mods, despite mods saving the previous game on PC.

And wtf is up with char creation?? It's like the character models are from an N64. At least you never have to see your ugly face.

2096 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo