Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2241 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 27, 2015, 23:31 Frijoles

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 22:36:
Right here.

Oh thank god. Such a minor thing, but it's going to make me go crazy. I was hoping it'd be in the first patch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 27, 2015, 22:34 Frijoles

I want a series focused on the Borg (like the ones that split off). Wouldn't really be federation, though.. although I guess it could be if they split from the collective.

I'm such a nerd.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 27, 2015, 22:30 Frijoles

No mention of the caged mouse bug; I hope it's on the list. Every damn time I have a conversation, the mouse is no longer contained in the game. Have to alt-tab out and back in. It's really annoying (although I'm trying to use middle-mouse instead for movement).

Enjoying it otherwise.

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
20. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 15:02 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 13:35:
I think you're right on the money. This headset will work well for only a few genres: flight sims, racing games, maybe a few first person games specifically designed to work with it.

Horror games and adventure games work very well in it. Anything where you move slowly. I'd love seeing the RPG / Roguelike genre go to town with this. HL2 looks really good as well, but you can tell it wasn't built for it. I think a proper VR HL2/3 would be great. Isometric RTS games would be pretty awesome also. No more zooming in out, just lean forward to view the map closer. So many possibilities beyond "sitting in cockpit" games.

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
2. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 11:36 Frijoles

I'm okay with that, so long as VR is developed. Palmer has said the same thing. If Oculus fails and another company succeeds, that's fine. So long as it takes off this time.

Valve seems to be going all in though. That's awesome.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Beta Returns; Splash Damage Pulls Away from the Brink
2. Re: Dirty Bomb Beta Returns; Splash Damage Pulls Away from the Brink Mar 27, 2015, 09:51 Frijoles

Brink taught me to not buy games that have no real singleplayer campaign. I don't mind an MP match here and there, but multiplayer only games aren't for me. I'm too old. I did get some enjoyment out of it. Just not enough for the full price.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
24. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 13:15 Frijoles

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 11:26:
"If You Like RPGs, You Must Play Pillars of Eternity."

Already started it, but I need to see if it saves games to Steam Cloud before I continue here at work. If it does, I won't get anything done today. If not, I'll wait until I get home later. Don't want two campaigns going. Going to check at lunch to see if it does.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
7. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 20, 2015, 23:33 Frijoles

I buy the book thing (the Compendium) for the free goodies. I also watch the finals. Don't know the teams well enough to care who wins, but they're very good and fun to watch. Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
13. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 Frijoles

wasteoid wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:06:
Maybe they are working on a Half-Life MMO, where you can play as either the resistance (Gordon Freeman, Alyx Vance, etc) or as a Combine soldier.

Your first Combine quest: pick up 20 cans.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
34. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 00:31 Frijoles

Nice looking ship. I checked out the others.. holy crap they're expensive. I've got 2 ships, and I feel like a damn peasant. Someone give me $400 so I can feel better about myself.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 5, 2015, 23:36 Frijoles

Game goes on sale for 75% off starting tomorrow for a few days. I plan on buying another copy for a friend of mine that's about to burn out of WoW.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2015, 21:09 Frijoles

Since they can't decide who owns it, sounds like we're all clear to pirate the hell out of it. I bet re-releasing it would get someone to find the paperwork.  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
10. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 14:23 Frijoles

Cram wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 13:30:
Then there's a few boneheaded things they've done since after launch, like the whole personal story reorganization that made no sense and essentially broke it.

They addressed this one recently and said they're going back to fix it. Whether that's before the expansion or not, I'm not sure.

News Comments > $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition
10. Re: $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition Feb 25, 2015, 00:46 Frijoles

robdot wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:41:
If the only way you can think of to add tension or vulnerability to a game is have me pick a lock 100 times,then you suck as a game designer...how many locks have I picked over the last 30 years?

How many zombie apocalypses have you gone through?! I kind of agree, though. Why can't I just take an axe to most of those boxes/doors? If the world is coming to an end, I sure as hell won't give up because of a padlock.

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
23. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 23:39 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:57:
There are plenty of better things out there than that in my opinion. Assetto Corsa, Vox Machinae, Elite: Dangerous, TxK, and even little demos like Lava, Inc. and Ocean Rift.

And Alien Isolation. Don't forget that one. I loves me some dust floating in front of my face.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 19:19 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 18:19:
As for Hand of Fate... It's a rogue-like, with a different UI. Instead of moving on to the next room with a random layout and random set of mobs, it's portrayed with narrative, using cards... It's an interesting style ; )

Yep. Hand of Fate is a dungeon crawler. The card game is how they randomize the dungeon, gear and monsters. Each time you start a new level, you can customize your deck. If there's a piece of gear you never use, just remove it from the deck. As you move through the dungeon, a weapon card can be drawn which will be one from your deck.

There's a ton of replayability in the game. It really reminds me of Warhammer Quest (not that shitty one they just released, but the board game) how things are so random. Plus the narration is spot on. If you're in to dungeon crawling and rogue games, have a look.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 13:52 Frijoles

Bought Hand of Fate (not on the list.. yet) on Friday. Great game. Combat isn't much, but the rest of the game is really great.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 21, 2015, 14:09 Frijoles

Glad to see none of the games I backed on that list. Still, every one of them that didn't respond should be sued. I've had at least one game that failed to deliver (Planet Explorers, which delivered to Steam but not to me), but since I usually only back $20 or so, I didn't care much.

I should email them for the fifth time. Maybe that's my lucky number.

News Comments > Warframe Double Credit Weekend
5. Re: Warframe Double Credit Weekend Feb 21, 2015, 01:05 Frijoles

So after a couple of hours of playing, that's much much different than it used to be. Looks like I haven't played since they put the ship in. Was a bit confused since I knew I had a level 30 warframe, but they stuck me in my level 17 and wouldn't let me switch for a bit.

Anyway, interesting changes. I do like the ship.

News Comments > Warframe Double Credit Weekend
3. Re: Warframe Double Credit Weekend Feb 20, 2015, 20:53 Frijoles

I haven't played since last year. Guess this is a good time to have another look. I was into it pretty heavily when it first came out, but other games pushed it down the list.  

2241 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo