Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2085 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
24. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 23:28 Frijoles

Fantaz wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:19:
we all knew this was coming... UE4 engine needs a killer app from Epic Games, and the game industry already exhausted all new game IP/design ideas. everything's already been done.

I have no doubt a killer app will be coming in UE4. That engine is wonderful. There's probably quite a few shitty apps coming too though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
19. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:36 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:04:
Wonder if Zenimax realizes that they just entered a PR minefield that could lead to massive backlash against the company itself....

I doubt they care.

Considering how anti-patent Carmack is, I wonder if that's what we're talking about or if we're talking about copyright. His tweet suggests patent, in which case I wouldn't be surprised at all if his contract with ZeniMax specifically states no patents. The guy threatened to quit iD over them.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:53 Frijoles

Increased ability to pick up items in the world

Wonder wtf that means.

News Comments > From Software Sold
31. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 17:27 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:07:
The only valid point I've seen in any thread here on Blue's is that you still get the Xbox button prompts when not using a controller, which I would agree is silly but it can be fixed.

Don't forget getting out of some screens isn't obvious. Want to leave the "level up" lady screen? Right-click the red xbox button. 100% obvious, right? Want to apply changes to your keyboard bindings? Make sure to click the blue xbox button (or whatever color it was), otherwise changes will be lost.

People are pissed because they said PC was being done right this time, when it's clearly not. Aside from just moving around the world being a problem, the windows aren't uniform in how they work (escape sometimes works, sometimes doesn't), some windows say "Leave" others don't, right-clicking in one screen works differently than another, the resolution isn't supported right. Hell I still can't even start the game on my primary monitor.

I'm enjoying the game, but I sure as hell won't defend their fuckups and lies.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in June
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in June Apr 26, 2014, 12:04 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 21:19:
Not gonna play D:OS anymore, already spoiled 20% of the game for myself, and that is as far as I'll go ;P

I'm in the same boat. I want to play, but I don't want to spoil it. I've replayed the starter area at least half a dozen times. It's come a long ways.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
7. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 22:19 Frijoles

Yifes wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 21:13:
Played about 5 hours so far, no issues at all (except that I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me... died 3 times at the first enemy... Dead )

Big soldier guys? Head to the forest. The mobs there are way easier. Unless you mean the pigs in the town.

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 15:51 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:40:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 12:10:
Fuck the bots and the people using them.

I've been hearing about this a bit but just how bad is the botting problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu5J9YpB68&list=UUTY7pCmRzfcmTy6_WvIo-Pg

I actually haven't seen the teleporting bug. Unless that's the reason I died instantly in PvP over and over (possibly I just suck). The bots in the dungeons is pure insanity though. 10+ bots standing on the same spot. As soon as the boss spawns (every 3 - 5 min or so), the bots go nuts and kill it in about a tenth of a second. You have to help kill the boss to get a completion for the dungeon (basically caves that you find, so they're all public). If you can get a hit in, great. Might not be able to loot it due to all the dead corpses, but at least you get a completion. If you miss, you wait again.

A Zenimax GM did a game announcement a few nights ago to message him and he'd come take care of the bots. Believe he was on for 15 min or so. Kudos for trying to help, but if this is their fix, I don't know what to say (aside from some swear words). And it's not like he has to ask to be messaged. Just go to any dungeon and you'll find bots. They aren't exactly hiding.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 12:10 Frijoles

Just unsubscribed. I'm actually going to miss some of it. The idea of helping towns/villages was a lot of fun. Felt good to get a whole zone completion.

Fuck the bots and the people using them.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 23:25 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch.

I expected something better. Maybe not a complete redesign, but I don't see any different to DS1. Granted I didn't play DS1 a whole ton on PC. The menus are still shit. There are hints to press console buttons everywhere. I wouldn't mind an interview where they ask them wtf that extra PC time went towards. To top it off, they want you to play without mods, despite mods saving the previous game on PC.

And wtf is up with char creation?? It's like the character models are from an N64. At least you never have to see your ugly face.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 19:08 Frijoles

I've managed to get it working if I swap my primary and secondary display. I can also drag it from the secondary to primary if it's not full-screen. I'm more concerned at this point that I don't see any keyboard binding settings. I was planning on playing with a controller anyway, but that's really disappointing to see. It appears the extra time to make the PC version better was used to do nothing instead.

Edit: Found the key bindings. They're only available once you've started the game.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 19:58.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 18:16 Frijoles

Yay! Oh.. crash to desktop. Seems quite a few people can't get it to launch. Not a good way to start.

Edit: Works if I physically unplug my primary monitor (DVI). However then it's on my second, shitty monitor off to the side. Fails to launch if I unplug the second monitor. Lots and lots of people having this problem. Seems related to HDMI somehow.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 18:30.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
2. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 10:03 Frijoles

I hope they include a slider for difficulty. The random nature of the game makes me rage. Still enjoy it though.  

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
24. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 15:54 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesda’s so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Nearly 100% of the Nightblade skills are broken/not working as the tool tip says. Vampire passives are completely broken. This isn't an "iron out the bugs" problem. This is a "fuck it, let's ship" problem. ESO is the worst launch I've seen in an MMO in years. How the HELL do you ship an MMO in this day and age without some basic protections in place against griefing? If you kick someone out of your group in an instance, they're free to stay in the instance and continue looting chests and getting you killed. How the.. why th.. are the Devs braindead? Have they never once played an MMO??

I know the answer. No, they haven't.

23. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 15:54 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 10:02:
Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesda’s so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Nearly 100% of the Nightblade skills are broken/not working as the tool tip says. Vampire passives are completely broken. This isn't an "iron out the bugs" problem. This is a "fuck it, let's ship" problem. ESO is the worst launch I've seen in an MMO in years. How the HELL do you ship an MMO in this day and age without some basic protections in place against griefing? If you kick someone out of your group in an instance, they're free to stay in the instance and continue looting chests and getting you killed. How the.. why th.. are the Devs braindead? Have they never once played an MMO??

I know the answer. No, they haven't.

10. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 09:41 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 08:56:
I much have reported at least 40 by now.

That's impressive considering how many clicks are required to ignore someone. I don't even bother since it's not doing any good. What I really hate is the mail spam, which seems to be getting worse.

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
2. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 18, 2014, 18:59 Frijoles

Train wreck of a game. This dupe has been known since beta. If this was their idea of a quick fix, I fear all the other broken quests won't be fixed until Fall. Supposedly the bank slot bug was fixed (the bank would eat your items). Shall we take bets on whether it was really fixed?

Ugg.. I'm still playing though. Think I'll cancel when the free month is up and let it cook another six months.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warlock 2: The Exiled
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Warlock 2: The Exiled Apr 10, 2014, 23:30 Frijoles

I really enjoy this game (and the previous one). The AI kinda sucks, and the other mages aren't much of a threat. But it's fun taking over the different landscapes one by one. Crushing them beneath my army of 3 well-trained units (and quick save).  

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
4. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 11:47 Frijoles

Sounds StarCraft-y. Wonder if it's the next expansion.  

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
14. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 23:11 Frijoles

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:10:
This game is FUN! It's only in alpha, so I can't wait to see what gets added and how much more fun it becomes.

Are the monsters an actual threat? One thing I hate about vanilla Minecraft is that you can defeat the AI by digging a hole in the ground. A lot of survival games are very similar. After X hours (and in cases like Minecraft, minutes), there's just no challenge because the mobs suck. Or rather, surviving the environment is the challenge. The mobs are just an annoyance.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
19. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 13:13 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:35:
Do you not know that every mob is shared? See a boss, or just anyone fighting anything, and join in... You don't hurt the other person's xp/loot, and you get credit...

Yep, but I have a problem standing around with 15 other people waiting to gang-bang the mob. Or in the case of finishing a dunegon (non-instanced), you have to stand there for a few minutes waiting for the end-boss to spawn, then hope you get a hit on him in the half second he lives. Otherwise you get to wait again. Or not get the achievement for the dungeon.

Honestly if that were the only problem with ESO, that'd be fine. Things like that will die down in a week. But the bugs. My god. They're really competing with traditional TES games. At least with TES, the community can fix things. Not so here.

2085 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo