Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2065 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month
3. Re: DarkSpore Delayed Until Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 17:26 Frijoles

Didn't even realize it was this close to release. Did they advertise or did I sleep through it all?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Monday Night Combat Free Weekend
14. Re: Monday Night Combat Free Weekend Mar 18, 2011, 10:41 Frijoles

So for the longest time (until yesterday) I thought this was a sports game. *slaps forehead*  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book III Teaser
5. Re: Eschalon: Book III Teaser Mar 18, 2011, 10:40 Frijoles

I'm playing a mage character in book 2. I'm hoping it gets easier (I'm level 7). Right now I pretty much have to camp after every other fight.  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book III Teaser
1. Re: Eschalon: Book III Teaser Mar 17, 2011, 23:17 Frijoles

Oh PLEASE let us do a higher resolution.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Launch Next Month
4. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 10:49 Frijoles

Don't you just drive around in tanks and shoot each other in this game? What's the appeal?  

News Comments > Free-to-Play Ryzom
15. Re: Free-to-Play Ryzom Mar 4, 2011, 22:56 Frijoles

The Advocate wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 21:04:
God damn that game is ugly.

Well it is pretty old. It's what I'd call the last of the 2nd generation MMOs. Or was back when I played it. It was similar to DAoC in that there were really no quests (unless you were on the trial island). Leveling skills and such as just pure grind. The skill system was great, and I loved the crafting system. However, after playing WoW, there's no way I'd go back to an MMO that was pure mob grind.

Ring may have solved this, I don't know. Haven't played it for a long time.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Thief Revealed
5. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 00:04 Frijoles

I hope Rift does go free, 'cause I like free games. Granted I've not played much DDO or LoTRO these days. As for GW2, I'm looking forward to it also. I'm glad we'll be able to jump this time. Not sure why it bugs me so much when I can't jump in games.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Thief Revealed
3. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 3, 2011, 23:38 Frijoles

Mark my words, f2p within a year.

Oh wait.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 2, 2011, 23:33 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 18:55:
Which can be easily solved by splitting up two separate trees for PvP and PvE so one does not negatively affects the other when tweaks are done.

AKA Rift. They split it up. It's awesome. As for Cataclysm, I'd quit if my wife wasn't playing. I fucking hate that a single heroic takes over two hours to complete now. People hated how easy Wrath was, but they went way too far the other direction for casual players. I only log in now when my guild needs a 5th DPS.

News Comments > RIFT Launches
13. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 13:46 Frijoles

Acleacius wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 13:00:
My question too, are there separate pve servers from pvp and these zone events? E.g. can a pve just play the normal game questing?

It's just like WoW (most of the game is). If you are on PvE server, PvP takes place in an battleground and you can do quests without fear of being ganked. If you're on a PvP server, I assume you can gank people trying to close rifts. This isn't the case on PvE though.

This isn't a WoW killer, it's a WoW distraction. I'm hating Cataclysm, so this is a good distraction for me. Sadly, the quests in Rift are vanilla wow flavor. No real phasing, go here, kill that. Nothing fancy about them (like getting in to a ball and rolling over 1000 evil gnomes).

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Feb 25, 2011, 12:43 Frijoles

Hopefully they're longer than a few hours. I show 11 hours between both Fear 2 and the expansion. On the plus side, I bought them on sale so spent only about $25.  

News Comments > Mortal Online Free Trials
1. Re: Mortal Online Free Trials Feb 24, 2011, 10:38 Frijoles

Wasn't this a pretty hardcore PvP MMO? I recall them doing a $1 trial a while ago; not sure if it was them. If it's the same one, then I think they had a problem with the skill system in that new players had no chance in the game. People would afk-swim to train up swimming. Stuff like that.

Anyone playing it that can comment?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Whodunit
9. Re: Half-Life 2 Whodunit Feb 21, 2011, 23:44 Frijoles

I thought they admitted that awhile ago, but maybe I'm misremembering. Basically I thought it came down to nobody wanting to tell Gabe just how far behind they were.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Feb 21, 2011, 23:35 Frijoles

I've spent 21 hours in Fallout:NV, and have yet to get to Vegas. I took a break; I think it's time to go back.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
5. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 17, 2011, 15:08 Frijoles

On the plus side, the launcher is all fancy now and installs only what it needs to survive. You can play after it finishes getting the core game files and then stream everything else as you run around. The Cata install was like 800 or so megs if I remember correctly (with a few gigs to stream in).  

News Comments > Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week
13. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 16, 2011, 00:08 Frijoles

I just can't get immersed enough in this game to feel scared. I tried playing late at night with all the lights out, but no luck.

Maybe I should find an abandoned warehouse and play there on a laptop around midnight.

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Updated
5. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Updated Feb 16, 2011, 00:04 Frijoles

The chat channels at least have a way to enlarge the text. The tiny UI does suck though. I thought I saw something about scaling the UI, but maybe I was thinking of WoW. On the other hand, my whole screen is filled with shit, so a larger UI would make it harder to see much.  

News Comments > RIFT Beta Opens, Tweet Your Friends
3. Re: RIFT Beta Opens, Tweet Your Friends Feb 16, 2011, 00:01 Frijoles

It's definitely WoW with a new skin. I compare it to vanilla WoW more than anything. The quests are very similar, and there's not much (any?) phasing that I can see. No riding quests. Not much of anything fancy with the quests.

None the less, I bought it. I enjoy WoW, but I want something different. The rifts are fun, the invasions are fun, and the classes are fun. That makes it different enough for me (at least for a bit) to give it a try. It's also very polished, something rare in the MMO world.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold?
5. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold? Feb 14, 2011, 10:43 Frijoles

I got stuck in the first one and gave up. It was pretty up until then though.  

News Comments > Gabe Newell Profile
14. Re: Gabe Newell Profile Feb 14, 2011, 00:48 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 16:58:

Ok, just kidding - it's cool he didn't lose his sight. He could stand to lose a few (dozen) pounds though!

Some suggest he did lose weight:

http://images.forbes.com/media/2011/02/09/0209_gabe-newell_398.jpg

Kinda looks like he lost some.

2065 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo