Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jun 29, 2011, 15:19 Frijoles

I had a hard time seeing the bubble. There's a hundred people all with their spell effects going off, combined with a few dozen mobs. And since it starts as soon as the previous quest finishes, you may be on the opposite side of Thrall before you notice her. So yeah, I'm glad they made it more obvious. Although the next time I do it, I'm going to let her slide in and see if it's just a honk and "You failed".  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 18:19 Frijoles

There was a comment elsewhere that this may only apply to unlockable items (like guns). So on your second play through, the items are already there.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
2. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 18:11 Frijoles

I did the quest chain with Thrall. Kinda cool. Fucked up by <insert other faction> flagging themselves and standing on the quest mobs just to piss people off.

WoW is a lot of fun. It's too bad it's multiplayer.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:31 Frijoles

tl;dr: Capcom went full retard.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Coming to Retail
3. Re: World of Tanks Coming to Retail Jun 28, 2011, 12:26 Frijoles

And there are no firing solutions. You aim at the crosshair and press the mouse button. For SPGs (self propelled guns), you get an overhead view (press shift key). That slowly zooms in on where you're looking until you fire, then you zoom in again while it reloads. Regular tanks and tank destroyers are basically point and click.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Coming to Retail
2. Re: World of Tanks Coming to Retail Jun 28, 2011, 12:25 Frijoles

You can get different shells, yes. There's usually at least 3 per turret. 1 for penetration, 1 for heat damage (lower penetration), and 1 that costs gold. Each tank has a few different types of equipment it can buy. For example, you can get different radios, different treads, different turrets. Crew members also level up on their own, but you don't do much with them.

You can also buy consumable items for the tank, like items that can repair your tank faster, treat an injured crew member, and a bunch of other stuff.

Since the game is free, I'd suggest trying it out. Cost is about $15 if you want a month of premium access (you buy like 3000 gold and use 2500 for 30 days of premium access). Premium access is basically extra money and experience.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2011, 15:18 Frijoles

Almost bought Dragon Knight, but decided against it due to the DRM. Looks like it's getting good reviews though, so I'm not sure if I can hold out on another sale.  

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
4. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 15:53 Frijoles

I'd give this to my friend, but that'd make me feel like a crack dealer.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Forum Hacking Apology
7. Re: Neverwinter Forum Hacking Apology Jun 24, 2011, 12:44 Frijoles

Meh, I ignored the email. I didn't even know I had an account. And if it was for their forums, then the info is all bogus anyway.  

News Comments > Brink Patched
3. Re: Brink Patched Jun 23, 2011, 17:26 Frijoles

Wish I hadn't spent $50 on it. Maybe $10. Oh well. Maybe my info can be useful to Lulsec.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - F.E.A.R. 3 Jun 21, 2011, 13:29 Frijoles

The only thing I've seen says someone got through it in 4 hours. Wondering how much they were rushing. Fear 2 wasn't very long. Even with the DLC, I show I finished it in 11 hours. Thinking I'll wait for the $20 sale like I did with Fear 2.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2011, 00:18 Frijoles

It's times like these when I feel like I should register for Gamers Gate.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
14. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 00:04 Frijoles

*Puke*

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
12. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 00:03 Frijoles

Chance of me buying this game just plummeted. If it's mind blowing, I may still get it in a box (I don't care much for boxes since I don't have the space). But every thing I've read about the game makes it look sub par. I'm not signing up for yet another download service unless it comes with handjobs.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
7. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Jun 16, 2011, 17:51 Frijoles

Didn't even know it was coming out this soon. I paid $20 for Fear 2, and it was worth that price to me. I'll probably do the same with this one. My main complaint with the last one is that it was so damn short. Had to work on that DLC I guess.  

News Comments > Fallen Earth Going Free-to-Play
5. Re: Fallen Earth Jun 16, 2011, 00:14 Frijoles

Probably still $20 since it hasn't been updated yet (it was for sale on Steam). Good news. I enjoyed the game for a short period and will try it again.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
1. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 00:06 Frijoles

I've been waiting for this to go on a good sale on Steam. Guess it's a no sale now. I refuse to use yet another service. Offer it on your own system, EA, but offer it elsewhere as well.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 14, 2011, 10:47 Frijoles

If not for digital distribution, I would not be buying nearly as many games as I have been buying. On the contrary, I'd probably be retired on an island somewhere. Now I'm off to look at a list of games I'll never play due to a lack of time.  

News Comments > Bethesda Hacked
8. Re: Bethesda Hacked Jun 13, 2011, 23:21 Frijoles

I don't recall making an account for Brink. I'm guessing that's due to it using Steam. Wonder how safe that is.

Also, wtf aren't these companies encrypting the god dammed passwords? If I can figure it out in 15 minutes for my own website, surely they can.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: best buy Jun 9, 2011, 23:24 Frijoles

I've had that happen at a Best Buy. I don't bother asking them for help anymore other than to tell me where something is. I can read the little card just as easily. Lately I just use my phone to look up the product on Newegg while I'm at Best Buy. Check price, reviews, etc. Best Buy staff is useless.  

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo