Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2113 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions
9. Re: On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions Jul 13, 2011, 12:33 Frijoles

OldScho0l wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 11:05:
When one purchases these items, they are far from unique and it allows people like myself to identify the suckers and their pathetic attempts to be different

You assume they buy it to look unique. I bought a sparkly horse in WoW. One of the best purchases I ever made in that game. Every character I have on any server has a mount now immediately when they hit 20. When I hit 40, it runs faster. When I turn 60, it can fly. It was well worth the purchase.

I've also bought some of the vanity pets for myself and wife. We like collecting them, and in the few I've bought, they've also gone to help charities. WoW doesn't appear to be destroyed yet from this. Destroyed for other reasons, but not from microtransactions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities XL 2012 Announced
8. Re: Cities XL 2012 Announced Jul 13, 2011, 12:24 Frijoles

Wasn't this the failed MMO originally?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution Conspiracy Trailer
11. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Conspiracy Trailer Jul 13, 2011, 10:24 Frijoles

I preordered it over the weekend. After all the positive things people have been saying about the leaked copy, that's good enough press for me. The company also seems to have ears attached to their head (or eyes, if they're reading) and are listening to people bitch about various things.. like highlighted doors and shit.

If it turns out to be shit, however, I'm blaming all of you who played the leaked copy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2011, 11:02 Frijoles

Re: tablets

They're very important for keeping my 4 year old entertained. Also, now that I'm a dad, I have a hard time kicking him off his games to get more sunshine.. since I went through the same thing.

Him: 5 more minutes, PLEEAAASEEE.

It's like listening to myself 30 years ago.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Alternate E3 Trailer
5. Re: Far Cry 3 Alternate E3 Trailer Jul 8, 2011, 14:49 Frijoles

A zip line! Awesome, what a coincidence!
A free sniper rifle! Another coincidence!
And a barrel by the bridge.. coincidence.. again.

These games are training for what not to do when I have my own island and an army of thugs.

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
23. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 01:43 Frijoles

There’s also a lot of “power user” stuff we do with the keyboard from how favorites work, to quick saves

TIL: "quick save" is for power users.

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Open Beta
1. Re: Rise of Immortals Open Beta Jul 7, 2011, 01:30 Frijoles

Anyone try this yet? Worth the beta download?  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jul 5, 2011, 00:57 Frijoles

I was told there were a few mods to get for Mount and Blade. Anyone know which ones to get?  

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer
4. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 00:25 Frijoles

Looks good, and I plan on preordering it. But the character animations look really stiff. Can't say I'm impressed with those. Visually though the game looks great.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins
15. Re: Steam Summer Camp Sale Begins Jun 30, 2011, 16:13 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 15:56:
I noticed that. What exactly is it?
Creston

It's Capitalism, HO!

You basically take over your father's failing item shop. Adventurers come in and buy stuff. In order to stock it better, you do some dungeon crawling. It's fun, but if anyone walks in on you, be prepared to explain how you're still a man despite yelling Yayification.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jun 29, 2011, 15:19 Frijoles

I had a hard time seeing the bubble. There's a hundred people all with their spell effects going off, combined with a few dozen mobs. And since it starts as soon as the previous quest finishes, you may be on the opposite side of Thrall before you notice her. So yeah, I'm glad they made it more obvious. Although the next time I do it, I'm going to let her slide in and see if it's just a honk and "You failed".  

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 18:19 Frijoles

There was a comment elsewhere that this may only apply to unlockable items (like guns). So on your second play through, the items are already there.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
2. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 28, 2011, 18:11 Frijoles

I did the quest chain with Thrall. Kinda cool. Fucked up by <insert other faction> flagging themselves and standing on the quest mobs just to piss people off.

WoW is a lot of fun. It's too bad it's multiplayer.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 28, 2011, 12:31 Frijoles

tl;dr: Capcom went full retard.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Coming to Retail
3. Re: World of Tanks Coming to Retail Jun 28, 2011, 12:26 Frijoles

And there are no firing solutions. You aim at the crosshair and press the mouse button. For SPGs (self propelled guns), you get an overhead view (press shift key). That slowly zooms in on where you're looking until you fire, then you zoom in again while it reloads. Regular tanks and tank destroyers are basically point and click.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Coming to Retail
2. Re: World of Tanks Coming to Retail Jun 28, 2011, 12:25 Frijoles

You can get different shells, yes. There's usually at least 3 per turret. 1 for penetration, 1 for heat damage (lower penetration), and 1 that costs gold. Each tank has a few different types of equipment it can buy. For example, you can get different radios, different treads, different turrets. Crew members also level up on their own, but you don't do much with them.

You can also buy consumable items for the tank, like items that can repair your tank faster, treat an injured crew member, and a bunch of other stuff.

Since the game is free, I'd suggest trying it out. Cost is about $15 if you want a month of premium access (you buy like 3000 gold and use 2500 for 30 days of premium access). Premium access is basically extra money and experience.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2011, 15:18 Frijoles

Almost bought Dragon Knight, but decided against it due to the DRM. Looks like it's getting good reviews though, so I'm not sure if I can hold out on another sale.  

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
4. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 15:53 Frijoles

I'd give this to my friend, but that'd make me feel like a crack dealer.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Forum Hacking Apology
7. Re: Neverwinter Forum Hacking Apology Jun 24, 2011, 12:44 Frijoles

Meh, I ignored the email. I didn't even know I had an account. And if it was for their forums, then the info is all bogus anyway.  

News Comments > Brink Patched
3. Re: Brink Patched Jun 23, 2011, 17:26 Frijoles

Wish I hadn't spent $50 on it. Maybe $10. Oh well. Maybe my info can be useful to Lulsec.  

2113 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo