Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2112 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
12. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:17 Frijoles

Sempai wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 21:20:
They're actually nervous at this point because they're losing subs in the droves and as soon as swtor and gw2 release it's gonna get ugly for blizzards darling.

Are these the games that are finally going to kill WoW? I've lost count over how many times WoW has fallen to other games.

Also, I hate Cata. But I don't think they're teetering on the brink just yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Million Dollar Dota 2 Tournament
13. Re: Million Dollar Dota 2 Tournament Aug 2, 2011, 10:12 Frijoles

For a million bucks, I'm sure Valve is going to be scrutinizing the matches. Plus they're going to be viewed by thousands of people. And I'm sure there's a clause that says if they exploit they get nothing.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 16:19 Frijoles

EYE was confusing as hell to me. Why are there two solo areas in the menu? I only spent about 30 minutes in it while I waited for Vampire to finish downloading. In that 30 minutes, I died many times. It seems like the NPCs keep spawning on whatever map I was on no matter how many I kill. And there didn't appear to be any hiding code since as soon as I stuck my head out from around the corner, they all came running.

I plan on going back to it after I've had enough of my crazy as shit vampire.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
8. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Jul 30, 2011, 23:51 Frijoles

I have a legacy account, bought it before the game released. Think I played for like a day or two and never returned. I should sell it.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2011, 10:10 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:28:
I'm hoping Settlers 7 Gold Edition goes on sale big soon. I've been itching to play some Settlers, but not at $40 itchin.

Keep in mind, it still has UbiShit always-on DRM. I've been burned by not having save games load. The game itself is meh. Loved the music though.

News Comments > From Dust DRM Also Always On?
11. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 23:47 Frijoles

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 22:58:
Have you purchased products with the ubi crazy DRM? I've purchased settlers 7 and I've lost internet connection for a few seconds, and the game complains and won't let me keep playing.

Same here, with Settlers 7. Had issues trying to load save games despite internet working fine. Fuck Ubisoft in all their holes. And yeah, I was very much looking forward to playing this game. No interest now.

Also, any new devs that are going with Ubi, fuck them too. It's not like it's going to be a surprise anymore when Ubisoft orders them to rape their game with DRM. I felt bad for the devs when this shit started happening, but not anymore.

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
11. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 15:16 Frijoles

I bought HoN when it came out, but quit due to the assholes. Is LoL any better? Are there co-op vs. AI? Seems like people doing that wouldn't be pricks quite as often.  

News Comments > Disciples III: Resurrection Announced
4. Re: Disciples III: Resurrection Announced Jul 26, 2011, 09:48 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 09:02:
I've often wondered if this game was as bad as reviews suggested. It looked like just another Disciples game, which I loved.

It was both fun and annoying at the same time. The NPC was somewhat random, and I found that if I didn't kill it fast, it leveled up much faster and then wiped me out with little effort. I also tended to do the same build order of units on every map since the units that carried trees were so powerful. It was just a pain to get to them.

I dunno, it was fun enough for 8 hours. I doubt I'll ever return to it though.

News Comments > Disciples III: Resurrection Announced
2. Re: Disciples III: Resurrection Announced Jul 26, 2011, 01:15 Frijoles

I enjoyed Renaissance for 8 hours, according to Steam. I don't know if enjoyed is the right word though. I remember getting very frustrated with it. Yeah, I think I'll wait for a sale. I can't imagine putting 70 hours in to this type of game.  

News Comments > PC From Dust Delayed
10. Re: PC From Dust Delayed Jul 25, 2011, 21:08 Frijoles

I'm still looking forward to it. As long as Ubisoft doesn't fuck it up (DRM), I plan on buying it whenever it comes out.  

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
11. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 13:19 Frijoles

Didn't they let us customize her in ME2? Are they not doing that anymore?  

News Comments > RAGE Wasteland Trailer
23. Re: RAGE Wasteland Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 09:51 Frijoles

KAG wrote on Jul 22, 2011, 07:49:
I can't believe no one at ID asked, "Why are we remaking Borderlands with slightly better graphics ?"

It was probably closer to, "Why is Borderlands copying our style?" Since, from what I've heard, Rage was being developed first.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy
4. Re: Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy Jul 20, 2011, 10:47 Frijoles

They made Super Meat Boy, which is a platform game. You're a piece of meat. It's a very interesting game, and a good challenge.

Sadly, I think the devs are assholes so I regret giving them my money. On the plus side, it was only $5 or so.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout New Vegas: Fallout New Vegas Jul 19, 2011, 23:27 Frijoles

What'd the last patch do to make it so much better?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon
5. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 10:35 Frijoles

That difficult retail market is called your shitty DRM, Ubi.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live
10. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 15, 2011, 12:41 Frijoles

Real ID isn't as bad now that they made it so you can't see friends of friends. I don't care if my Real ID friends see my personal information (like my real name), but I don't want their friends to see that. And that's what they've done.

I still don't use it much, though. Only have the wife and a couple other close friends on it. They, on the other hand, have the Real ID of everyone in our guild.

News Comments > Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live
4. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 15, 2011, 11:45 Frijoles

It's a cool feature, and worth it while it's free. However, since they've already said they're going to charge for it after testing finishes, fuck 'em.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Trailer
5. Re: Metro: Last Light Trailer Jul 14, 2011, 11:58 Frijoles

I loved Metro 2033. I thought the atmosphere was great, and the story was interesting. I'll probably preorder Last Light since I enjoyed the first one so much.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeons of Dredmor Jul 14, 2011, 00:28 Frijoles

Esoteric wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 23:59:
Ooo, there's a demo? Think I'll give it a spin.

Where do you see the demo? I can't locate one either on Steam or on their website.

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions
9. Re: On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions Jul 13, 2011, 12:33 Frijoles

OldScho0l wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 11:05:
When one purchases these items, they are far from unique and it allows people like myself to identify the suckers and their pathetic attempts to be different

You assume they buy it to look unique. I bought a sparkly horse in WoW. One of the best purchases I ever made in that game. Every character I have on any server has a mount now immediately when they hit 20. When I hit 40, it runs faster. When I turn 60, it can fly. It was well worth the purchase.

I've also bought some of the vanity pets for myself and wife. We like collecting them, and in the few I've bought, they've also gone to help charities. WoW doesn't appear to be destroyed yet from this. Destroyed for other reasons, but not from microtransactions.

2112 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo