Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
3. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 10:00 Frijoles

Wow. Perhaps they should add auto-aiming as well.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
29. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 23:56 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
1. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:13 Frijoles

I call dibs on acquiring them next.

Edit: I think I prefer Amazon over Google purchasing them. I'd like to see Youtube and Twitch compete a bit.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
5. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 11:28 Frijoles

Icewind wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 09:47:
You get your own player houses/camps, you get a ton of new crafting options, a dozen or so new questlines related to new NPCs and the usual skill tweaks.

For the player house, is there a minimum level? I'm still not done with Act 3. Maybe I should find an FAQ on this expansion.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus
5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 23:50 Frijoles

I'm pretty sure I'll buy this at launch, and a very good chance of pre-ordering it. But there's not even a release date yet (not that I know of anyway). Give me a date, and then pimp the pre-purchase goods.

Apparently there is a date now. And it's soonish. I need more money.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 21:00 Frijoles

Saboth wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:52:
What a world. People now pay $110+ to beta test games for developers. Wonder if I can find anyone to beta test my yard and pay me to cut my grass.

$50! But only if I get forum access and a badge.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
47. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 20:58 Frijoles

saluk wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 19:16:
If you can't play more than 10 minutes without barfing, and that's the average for most folks, there will be issues. And barfing. I skipped the DK2 until I can try it because I fell into the unfortunate bucket of not being able to overcome vr sickness on DK1.

I'm in the same boat. Couldn't go more than 10 min in DK1 without sweating and getting sick. In DK2, I get sick in games that were not made for VR (even the new HL2 patch that has position tracking). However, games that are built with DK2 such as Elite Dangerous don't make me nearly as sick. I can play those for a while. Wouldn't recommend it to my friends though until at least CV1. The resolution isn't there yet (hard to make out the enemy ships in Elite).

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
27. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 15:39 Frijoles

Bundy wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 14:40:
Did they respond regarding the language?

They did. I just tried to find it (I know I have it somewhere), but I have no idea where it is these days. It was basically a proprietary language based off of another one. I remember thinking, "Well crap, I can't learn that then." This was back when they were using the text parser in their games (give pills to dog).

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
14. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:08 Frijoles

The adventure genre died for me many years ago. Just haven't found it interesting at all. I've played the emulators of Kings Quest and Space Quest, and while fun, they didn't hold me for very long. When those games came out, though, I played them all day long. And I also sent letters to Sierra asking which language to learn so I could someday work for them.

What I want to see, is a return to the adventure genre, but with the Rift. If there's one area where the Rift really shines, it's adventure games. Moving slowly through a world, finding stuff, exploring. Dear Esther worked really well with it. Games that are thick with atmosphere work well. And who better to bring us adventure games than Sierra?

Not that I'm expecting much.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
11. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 13:18 Frijoles

Linksil wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:03:
I'm betting this will be after the exp launch, so you'll have to buy it and then level up to max before you can do it.

Putting it before the expansion will help drive people to purchase the expansion for the level 90 boost (or buying one separate). Boost to 90, hit Timeless Isle for some easy gear, and then jump in to LFR MC. In addition, IF they do any pre-expansion stuff (and I hope they do), this will also get people to try that and hopefully stick around longer.

Doing it after the expansion means you have to rush to level 100 in order to participate in MC. It would also imply the expansion coming out in October/November. That'd be cool, but I don't see it. From what I've heard, they're cutting stuff so they can hit their release. Seems they'd want the extra time. My bet is December 9th or so.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
1. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 10:24 Frijoles

I'm looking forward to seeing a 40-man Rag again. It'll remind me why I hated it so much. The Tarren Mill vs. Southshore sounds like a lot of fun though. Too bad it's only temporary. Was hoping they'd make it in to a BG like that one in Wrath. Wintergrasp?  

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
3. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 5, 2014, 18:30 Frijoles

For additional perspective, they'll get them all back this winter.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Date Dated
4. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 4, 2014, 21:55 Frijoles

So... they're having a huge event to announce the release date sometime later this year. Riiiight. Hopefully nobody shows up and next time they'll just give us a date.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
12. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 11:29 Frijoles

Optional Nickname! wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:17:
The Idris Frigate will not be able to hangar itself. It will be in the universe 24/7 unlike other ships which can effectively disappear.

So what happens if this ship dies? I imagine if you bought a $1000 ship, you have it insured (maybe with that lifetime insurance thing they offered). Can you just go get another one? Or is it like a Titan death in EVE where you're just SOL if you lose it?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
7. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 10:46 Frijoles

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 10:33:
I would say Elite's case of other players around you, as you fly/play, trumps blizzards need of an auction house.

I didn't even realize it was multiplayer (what I thought was mp only) until last week. I need to read up on the game. How's the PvP work? Is it 100% voluntary or is it like EVE where you are at risk everywhere, just more risk in certain places (can I be suicide-ganked in a safe area)?

News Comments > New Hearthstone Wing
1. Re: New Hearthstone Wing Jul 30, 2014, 10:33 Frijoles

Finished the first wing. Saw nothing that would make me want to buy the next 3 wings. I only did the very first set of three, though, not the challenge stuff. Anyone know if the cards are worth it for the harder fights?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
5. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 10:30 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 10:17:
Online Singleplayer? ~.~

Kinda like D3, only with praise this time because it's not Blizzard. I plan on getting this when the price drops. I'm very tempted, but $75 is a bit high still.

News Comments > Firefall Launches
9. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 30, 2014, 00:01 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:40:
Why do you play shooters?

For hats!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration Jul 29, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

I'm tempted to sub for a month and have a look. Anyone still playing? How's the bot problem these days? It was horrible when I quit, and is one of the main reasons I left. Can you still find a dozen bots standing around the dungeon bosses?  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 20:19 Frijoles

"Ok guys, what's the latest deets on the drama? 10/10, would squat again."

What does this mean? Some of the words are English, but I don't understand their arrangement. I feel so old.

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo