Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2322 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
18. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 10:59 Frijoles

I was really waiting and hoping that the internal explosion camera was going to be sucked in to space.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
5. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 10:52 Frijoles

This game gets updates constantly. I always see it in my list of downloads. However, it also is the only game that seems to bring my HD to its knees while it's decompressing. I kind of wonder what they're doing. A 300 meg patch shouldn't cripple my system for 5 minutes.  

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
6. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 10:27 Frijoles

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 10:15:
"Stunt pay" for VO's is probably the most funny thing there.

It takes a lot of skill and hard work to make your voice sound like it's falling out of a plane or in a car wreck. It's very dangerous work.

News Comments > StarCraft II 3.0 & Whispers of Oblivion Released
3. Re: StarCraft II 3.0 & Whispers of Oblivion Released Oct 6, 2015, 23:40 Frijoles

Just tried the free mission... I'm very rusty. I really hate timed missions so I wish they'd gone with something else. Still fun and I look forward to the full expansion. Thinking I need to replay a bit though before it comes out since I don't remember the story very well.  

News Comments > Prison Architect Released
6. Re: Prison Architect Released Oct 6, 2015, 23:38 Frijoles

Great game. The escape mode needs a lot of balancing though. You can max out your skills in about 2 minutes of playing, which means you can one-hit kill guards (and everyone else) quite often. Makes the whole thing trivial. You mainly get stopped by stun guns. Even shotguns aren't as bad as those. I was entertained for a couple hours though with it. And that doesn't count the 20 or so hours I put in to the prison building part.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 16:09 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:34:
Have to admit I stopped playing this entirely... while fun, the match making is total garbage

I stopped playing when they MADE me kill 50 fucking treasure goblins. Burned me out and I haven't been back. Although I do plan on coming back, just need a break. I need to show off my profile portrait to myself. In hindsight, not worth it.

News Comments > Steam in Stores
21. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 22:05 Frijoles

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 19:47:
I doubt they will be pushing Steam Link much since it is designed for someone that already has a gaming PC. They will be pushing Steam Machines to the people shopping consoles as their gateway gaming PC.

And then those people will buy future games through Steam, not GameStop ('cause they have nothing for PC), and thus give up their dirty console ways. Valve is an evil mastermind!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 4, 2015, 23:30 Frijoles

The worst part of the GTAV storyline is when it ends. I wanted more. I never expected the story to keep me so entertained for so long. I was sad when the credits rolled.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
19. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 15:39 Frijoles

Sempai wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 12:28:
But if they don't get their server lag under control they're going to lose everyone..

Yeah, they lost me. At least for a little bit. I don't mind being completely overwhelmed with blinking buttons and things all over the screen. But being unable to click buttons to close blinking things and acknowledge shit is a turn off. All due to the lag. Checking my mail was painful.

Didn't help that it crashed. Or that there's a 20 minute wait to login. Not impressed so far.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
7. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 10:49 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 09:40:
It's also the best horror game.

I didn't get much horror feeling from it, but I'm not done yet. It feels more like an exploration game to me. Sure there's a few spots that I could feel the hairs stirring, but mostly it was "Huh, wonder what that is" or "that looks neat" or "somebody had a bad day here".

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 29, 2015, 00:10 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 20:30:
The real problem is when developers mess with the orientation of the camera and decouple it from what the player is doing with their head in the real world.

Also stairs. Fuck stairs. I have to close my eyes when I use them or I feel like puking. Pressing W is no issue though if it's not at warp speed.

Besides, Valve's Vive system is being developed to stand and walk around, so no W button there. Although there might be to reposition yourself. I don't know since I haven't tried it. I wouldn't have much space to walk around anyway so I'm stuck with a controller/keyboard.

News Comments > SOMA Movie
2. Re: SOMA Movie Sep 29, 2015, 00:05 Frijoles

That was really good. Not sure it makes much sense if you haven't played the game. Well done though.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Trailer & Details
6. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Trailer & Details Sep 26, 2015, 22:14 Frijoles

As a max level Sylvari who has done the living story, I have no idea what's going on. I should find some lore pages. Same issue with WoW. Eventually it just gets confusing.

All I know is that I was born in a tree pod.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SOMA
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - SOMA Sep 22, 2015, 11:29 Frijoles

I've tried to avoid reading about this game, but I'm wondering if it's a "run away" simulator like Amnesia was. I had a hard time getting in to that one since it felt like there wasn't much sneaking and was mainly just running away from nothing in particular.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
4. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 09:50 Frijoles

I enjoyed the game... when I could find things to do. I ultimately left because I fucking hated the warping shit. It was neat at first and beautiful in VR, but spending 5 minutes (or many more) between fights while I try to not to overshoot the stop just gets tedious. Dunno if there were modules to help with that. Everything was so expensive that it was just a pure grind.

I did enjoy the graphics and sounds though. They did a hell of a good job with that.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
18. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 15:59 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:01:
I would rather they drop the story altogether. Half-Life should be about dropping you into an alien setting where you're alone and figuring out what is happening for yourself.

But.. Alyx?

Can't drop the story until they finish it. Maybe they should just write a book instead.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
6. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 10:35 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 10:17:
I know alot of you like Naughty Dog's games, but I wouldn't want them handling HL3. Their style of game absolutely doesn't fit with HL. I'm not a fan of their interactive movies.

4A Games (Metro 2033 people) would be a nice fit. Although I'd rather just wait for Valve to do it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Silence Penalty Sep 8, 2015, 12:54 Frijoles

Raff Arundel wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 12:09:
Uh, so AFK is a valid tactic in this game?

No. The example they used is Abathur. He's a Hero that looks like he's not doing anything if you're not familiar with him since he can sit in base. Basically you can attach a symbiote to another player and play through your teammate. But from your team's perspective, you're just sitting around not moving. I imagine he'd get reported quite a bit for AFKing.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Rexxar Spotlight
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Rexxar Spotlight Sep 4, 2015, 19:56 Frijoles

Someone in the WoW subreddit suggested having the Legion do a full-on assault on Azeroth and then use the undead being controlled by Bolvar (who replaced Arthus) to help drive them back. Would have made a good Warcraft 4 had they not used the Legion for the upcoming expansion. I also hope that if they do ever make WC4, they will set it far enough in the future that very few, if any, heroes from now are still around. Especially Thrall. I'm sick to death of him.

There also seems to be a lack of Starcraft maps in HotS. I wonder if they're holding them back for SC2's upcoming expansion.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Ending
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Ending Sep 3, 2015, 21:50 Frijoles

By next Tuesday? That's a fuckload of goblins. And since you may not get them every game, that's even worse. Figure 15 minutes per game and you're looking at 12.5 hours if you're lucky. I kinda hoped the goblins would stick around since they even gave Deckard more lines in this last patch regarding them.

Edit: Looks like you can run these at around 10 minutes if you hit up the Beginner AI with real teammates. Seems quite a few people are doing this.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2015, 01:08.

2322 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo