Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Expands
1. Re: Dota 2 Beta Expands Nov 2, 2011, 10:51 Frijoles

*cough* ... *cough* .. anyone have one to spare?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Tanks Patch Plans
6. Re: World of Tanks Patch Plans Nov 1, 2011, 12:51 Frijoles

The main reason I quit is that a losing battle only gets you about 50 or so experience (I forget the terms). But you needed like 30,000 to advance. Yeah, you should get more if you win, but when the loss is practically nothing for your time, the grind was too much.  

News Comments > World of Tanks Patch Plans
1. Re: World of Tanks Patch Plans Nov 1, 2011, 10:50 Frijoles

Is this still an team-vs-team deathmatch FPS in a tank? I played quite a bit a few months ago, but got bored of the sameness of the maps. They really need some new game types, not maps.  

News Comments > BF3 on Steam Hints
5. Re: BF3 on Steam Hints Oct 31, 2011, 16:03 Frijoles

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 15:40:
heh. Will still have to use Origin....so doesn't really matter....

Yes, and the key will be a jpg printed sideways over an image so you can't read it.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
3. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Stars II: Lords of Winter Oct 28, 2011, 15:23 Frijoles

Tried to find some gameplay videos of this when I first saw it show up on the coming soon on Steam, but just found trailers. Having never played the first one, what's the gameplay like?  

News Comments > Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld
1. Re: Garriott's NCsoft Award Upheld Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 Frijoles

Great, now he has some cash to make a new UO type game. Or go to space.  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun Released
1. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun Released Oct 25, 2011, 19:39 Frijoles

Did the base game ever shape up? I saw they fixed the controls but haven't tried the demo (not sure if they fixed the demo).  

News Comments > Steam Workshop Launched; Mann Store Sale
14. Re: Steam Workshop Launched; Mann Store Sale Oct 14, 2011, 23:23 Frijoles

Sepharo wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 22:07:
Comments like this are soo exaggerative. Yes there are a ton of items but that doesn't change the core gameplay at all. The classes still play their roles and they still counter each other and you still need to cap a flag, hold a point, or PUSH LITTLE CART!

When you get in the game after being away for a while, and hear WTF music playing (I don't even remember what it was), seeing people running by with god knows what, and hearing BOINK as you start stumbling around, you kinda wonder if you've misclicked and gone to Toon Town instead of TF2.

12. Re: Steam Workshop Launched; Mann Store Sale Oct 14, 2011, 21:26 Frijoles

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 18:36:
I like TF2 and still play it for short periods but I have absolutely no idea what's going on with items.

That's pretty much my issue with it. I can't play it anymore due to all the "stuff" that's going on in the game. It's like the Farmville of FPS games. There's a game in there somewhere, but there's a thousand little things you can buy/trade for.

But, at least it's being played. That means we'll hopefully get a TF3 some day, and then I can try to figure it out before all the items hit.

8. Re: Steam Workshop Launched; Mann Store Sale Oct 14, 2011, 09:53 Frijoles

Oh TF2, what have you become? A cheap whore on the corner peddling your wares?

I miss the original TF2.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - MDK2 HD
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - MDK2 HD Oct 12, 2011, 23:28 Frijoles

I must have played MDK 1 since those screens don't look even remotely familiar. My only memory is of the black wearing thing. Was it a person? I don't even remember. My memory is shot.  

News Comments > RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow
10. Re: RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow Oct 12, 2011, 18:12 Frijoles

PropheT wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 16:14:
Unless you're doing end-game progressing raiding, RIFT actually IS better, at least in my opinion. I like it enough to have never looked back at Warcraft, anyway.

I liked Rift, but the quests were very boring compared to WoW's latest quests. Rift quests basically appeared to be WoW Vanilla quests. There were no quests that used special mechanics, no phasing, etc. I don't know if that's changed since I only played for the free month.

I did enjoy it though and have been tempted to sign back up for another month.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Preloads
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Preloads Oct 12, 2011, 09:54 Frijoles

So what are disciplines then? Do they make it worth the hassle of being online only?  

News Comments > WoW Real Money Trading
15. Re: WoW Real Money Trading Oct 11, 2011, 23:16 Frijoles

Fion wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 18:03:
Don't get me started in Binding. I've been fighting against it since the idea was introduced in EQ and became mainstream with WoW.

Asheron's Call did it right. I loved going to the vendors to find random stuff that other people discarded. Or finding their bags in the woods and stealing them.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 18:00 Frijoles

Found this on the Steam forums:

our guys are exploring a variety of options right now that will not be perfect, but could give you guys some more options for remapping.

Hopefully it gets added. I feel bad bitching at an indie dev for something like this, so glad someone else did.

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 17:50 Frijoles

Dev wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:32:
Keep in mind that there's no key rebinding option in the game, so you are stuck in a WASD configuration.

And with a wave of your magic hand, the demo is no more, and buying this game is only a memory. The difficulty in providing a way to remap keys has once again proved too much for an indie developer. Perhaps they should hire some VB programmers.

*bitter*

I hate WASD. Fucks me up.

News Comments > WoW Real Money Trading
4. Re: WoW Real Money Trading Oct 11, 2011, 17:47 Frijoles

If you have to buy gold in WoW, you're not doing it right. Go do some dailies.  

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 16:23 Frijoles

Got some good reviews here a few days ago. I grabbed the demo but haven't tried it yet.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online: Mithril Edition Announced
3. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online: Mithril Edition Announced Oct 11, 2011, 16:11 Frijoles

Everyone go give them money so they can make AC2.. a real one this time. We'll call it AC2b.  

News Comments > Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed
4. Re: Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed Oct 11, 2011, 11:57 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:14:
I think Diablo 3 release week will be pretty interesting as normally the (in)ability to play online due to demand is offset by the inclusion of singleplayer.

I don't recall having any issues with SC2. I imagine they've got the login issues worked out pretty well what with WoW expansions being several million players. Not that they don't still have problems, I just think/hope it's not going to be much of an issue.

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo