Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2043 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Earthrise Dropping Subscriptions
9. Re: Earthrise Dropping Subscriptions Nov 16, 2011, 09:37 Frijoles

I dunno, doesn't look too bad to me (aside from no ground cover). No worse than TOR anyway. I've heard you pretty much have to bot/macro to get anywhere in the game though since it's a ganker's paradise.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans?
28. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 13:41 Frijoles

ASeven wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 13:29:
Since he received this email, James has not been able to access any of his Origin games online.

If true, pirate away. He already bought the games.

News Comments > EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans?
2. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 09:51 Frijoles

This is just EA waving around their e-peen.  

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
30. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 12:06 Frijoles

Hudson wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 11:54:
Yes please use that thread while you try to fix your PC's to get the game to run properly.

Run properly as in not like a console? I believe the lowest setting right now is console setting, so tweaks are done to improve that.

PC Gaming > Skyrim Tweaks/Links/Info, etc
2. Re: Skyrim Tweaks/Links/Info, etc Nov 11, 2011, 11:56 Frijoles

Using hotkeys in Skyrim:

"Asign items to your favourites with the F key, click Q then hit the number buttons on the highlighted weapons. Now you can use that to switch fast."

24. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 11:47 Frijoles

One thing I REALLY love about Skyrim is the snow effects. My god they're beautiful. I walked up a mountain and almost got lost when the snow got bad. Talk about immersion. I look forward to playing again tonight with the tweaks being posted around the forums (like increasing FOV). This is going to be one of those 100+ hour games.  

11. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 10:56 Frijoles

Found this gem on Reddit:

Saw alot of people asking how to assign weapons to numbers. Asign them to your favourites with the F key, click Q then hit the number buttons on the highlighted weapons. Now you can use that to switch fast.

WAY TO FUCKING HIDE THAT, BETH. Not that I expect much else from them in the area of UIs. I think we're just one step away from having them ship the game with a custom mouse that's dripping shit from the sides.

News Comments > Animating Skyrim
23. Re: Animating Skyrim Nov 11, 2011, 09:50 Frijoles

Echoing what others said, the controls are horrible. Three hours to get used to the UI? WTF? That's not a good thing. And do the <L> and <R> icons on the weapons when you equip them seem backwards? I left click a weapon and it puts an <R> next to it. I right click a weapon and it puts <L> next to it. Confuses me to no end.

Favorites window is shit too. Give me an Oblivion DLC for $5 and I'll take that. The UI in Oblivion wasn't exactly great, but at least it was usable. I'm loving the game, I just wish I didn't have to fight with the controls.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Speed Cap Removed
2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Speed Cap Removed Nov 10, 2011, 17:03 Frijoles

TotalBiscuit's mail box from a day or two ago had this game on in the background. Really looked good. I think the trick to getting in on these betas is to become a (popular) reviewer.  

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
8. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 12:18 Frijoles

Must.. resist.. reading reviews. Only a few more hours.

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
29. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 16:38 Frijoles

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 15:08:
I've heard of Operation Flashpoint, and Arma, but Bohemian Interactive is not a name I had heard until all the DRM talk this week. Been a PC gamer since the TI 99/4a, I just don't get all groupie acting about companies.

Same here. I've heard of the games, not the developer though. Apparently they're big in to the DRM scene though.

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
25. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 12:27 Frijoles

Mangrove wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 11:06:
What would make the game feel more alive to me would be bumping into other adventurers on the road.

I'd like to see something from Demon/Dark Souls. Instead of running in to NPC adventurers, have real adventurers run by. Maybe have it only happen in certain areas of the game (on the roads or in towns).

News Comments > Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands?
2. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 15:01 Frijoles

Console players are finding it and playing. It's getting good reviews from those players.  

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
5. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 15:00 Frijoles

CVSiN wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:48:
SWTOR is going to hurt them bad.. they are killing themselves..

I'll believe it when I see it. There's got to be a list somewhere of games that were going to kill WoW. EQ2? Aion? Rift? TOR? The list goes on and on.

Most people I know hate Cata. And WoW will die eventually, but no single game will be the cause (other than WoW 2.0).

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind Update
3. Re: A Valley Without Wind Update Nov 8, 2011, 13:45 Frijoles

I just played the demo for a bit (about 45 min). I still have no idea what's going on. Their map isn't much of a map, so I'm lost. There are weird holes in the wall that act as doors to another room that looks the same (and said doors look like decoration, so you have to get near it to see it's a door). It's got some Gauntlet monster generators that look like decorations. Lots of grave stones that don't seem to do anything.

Just a weird game.

News Comments > LEGO Universe to Close
4. Re: LEGO Universe to Close Nov 5, 2011, 00:41 Frijoles

I played the beta. It was fun for a while, but I couldn't see it lasting. Certainly not enough to pay a monthly fee for it. Too bad they can't do something to keep the free area around.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model
1. Re: Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model Nov 3, 2011, 12:07 Frijoles

Why does this remind me of Hellgate London?  

News Comments > Play Skyrim Three Hours Early?
4. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 2, 2011, 23:31 Frijoles

They did this for Rage. Being in MST, it was awesome.  

News Comments > Gamer Food
4. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 14:16 Frijoles

But I'm allergic to nuts.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Expands
4. Re: Dota 2 Beta Expands Nov 2, 2011, 11:39 Frijoles

I played HoN, but never played Dota. I filled it out anyway. I also sucked bad. I'm hoping they have a portion of testing for complete noobs like me. Average kills per game? Maybe 3 or 4. Average deaths? 20? I don't know. I tried to avoid being a feeder though and ran away a lot.

I watched TotalBiscuit's wtf on Dota 2 and it looked like a lot of fun.

2043 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo