Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2085 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
9. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 11:39 Frijoles

I imagine their timeline for this is right around the time Microsoft shifts focus to PC gaming. So any day now.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Angry Birds Space and Demo Released
13. Re: Angry Birds Space and Demo Released Mar 23, 2012, 09:45 Frijoles

It's a ripoff of Crush the Castle, I believe. I give them credit for their artwork, though. It's cute enough to have mass appeal and get toys in to Toys R Us. I enjoy the game. It's cheap and entertaining. And lots of other games rip each other off.

If the devs are egotistical, though, then fuck them.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2012, 01:36 Frijoles

I got 3 for Revelations and 3 for Heroes VI (all 50% off). Um, thanks Steam?  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
3. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 21, 2012, 10:16 Frijoles

Hope it's true. Both Dark Souls and Demon Souls were awesome, but the PS3 is showing its age. I'd love to see it on the PC with mouse/keyboard support. They have to keep the online element, though. I really liked that part.  

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
13. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:46 Frijoles

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:07:
Yeaa!!!!! My amazon preorder is still locked, it looks like.

If you pre-order with Amazon before they show the same-day shipping, does it switch over to that? I've been thinking about pre-ordering it for a while, but not if they're going to deliver it a week late.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
3. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 09:42 Frijoles

It's in reply to a question in an interview. Not really an announcement of an announcement.

I wonder if it'll be on Steam.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem
3. Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem Mar 8, 2012, 10:37 Frijoles

Some good quotes:

Players ended up teleporting to nearly every destination, and it gave Cataclysm a disjointed feeling, detracting from that feeling of exploration and discovery.

I hated the zone layout for Cataclysm. In Wrath, you had this huge area to cover and the world felt huge. As a mage, Cataclysm was tiny. Want a new zone? Teleport back to Stormwind and take a portal. Hell even guild members can easily get back to their bind points now with the guild perks. The place felt tiny. Compared to Wrath that had a single portal for the whole continent (unless you used some of the toys).

I'd also like to see them make a combined capitol city again, but I haven't seen anything about that. I miss seeing horde. And not being together makes the holiday achievements a pain in the ass.

questing ended up being too linear. It didnít feel like you could fly into a zone, find some quest givers, and explore.

Couldn't agree more. I bitched about this to my guild mates. Want to do Deepholm? You get to do ALL of it! Ugg. What a fun zone the first time, but after that it was such a god dammed grind. Just like all the zones. At least the final two zones you could pick either one. But you pretty much had to go through Deepholm on every alt you had to get to 85.

Itís a sad feeling, and a real failure on our part, whenever someone says ďI want to play WoW this evening, but I just donít have anything to do.Ē

Amen to this. And this is the main reason I don't login and haven't for the last two months. There's nothing to do. There's nothing to explore. There's nothing new. When they do add shit, it's grind baby grind. The Fireland dailies are a good example. Pretty cool when they came out, until you realized how bad the grind was. I believe they're the main cause of my burnout.

After reading the postmortem, I'm happy that they learned some lessons. I hope they can apply those lessons to Mists. I feel that expansion is going to be the make it or break it expansion for me. If it sucks as much as Cata, then WoW will really be dead to me. It's been what, 8 years now? Can't say I didn't enjoy a lot of it. It's about time to move on though.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Video
2. Re: A Game of Dwarves Video Mar 6, 2012, 23:41 Frijoles

I wonder if they can go insane and rip the guts out of other dwarves then paint a mural on the wall.  

News Comments > SimCity 5 Next Year?
6. Re: SimCity 5 Next Year? Mar 4, 2012, 21:06 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 20:31:
I thought Origin's EULA was fascism.

They don't like competition.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2012, 23:09 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 22:45:
Imagine how overwhelmed the police and courts would be if everyone starts reporting every time someone online says something they don't like.

Blues will become a very quiet place.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
8. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 27, 2012, 23:04 Frijoles

I remember them showing off UE3 and just being in awe of it. Can't wait to see this one.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June
2. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June Feb 27, 2012, 11:55 Frijoles

Please keep giving them money so they can fund a proper AC2.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Alan Wake
35. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Alan Wake Feb 17, 2012, 12:04 Frijoles

Matshock wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 11:08:
I haven't seen a MGS or Mario title on PC in a long, long time.

I don't believe I've ever seen Nintendo talk about the PC being the lead platform for a Mario game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Alan Wake
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Alan Wake Feb 17, 2012, 09:51 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 08:53:
Pretty good deal but unfortunately GMG ran out of keys for the moment

Is that why it doesn't show up at all in the search? I thought I was using it wrong. I don't use GMG much.

News Comments > New Skyrim Creation Kit
9. Re: New Skyrim Creation Kit Feb 14, 2012, 13:39 Frijoles

I really like Steam Workshop, but seems like it's going to be hard to find stuff worth installing. I'm sure some review sites will put up a list of "must have" mods (the dungeon sound one on the front right now is awesome, btw).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 14, 2012, 10:14 Frijoles

I can barely tell the difference in those hi-rez shot comparisons. I must be getting old. On the plus side, I'll be able to use low-rez graphics and not know the difference. Console gaming will finally look good.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2012, 23:42 Frijoles

I'd watch an award show for gaming if it focused on gaming and not hype, lasers, and the latest singing douchebag of the month. I'd love to see actual developers get recognized for difficult AI, artists get recognized for their beautiful texturing, and map builders get recognized for their layouts.

Instead we have "XYZ game is SUPER POPULAR (and not even out yet!) so it wins!!! Now here's some shitty music and half-naked chicks dancing around!!"

Also have a system where the categories are voted on by people in the business. Best overall game shouldn't go to who has the most hype.

News Comments > TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule
3. Re: TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule Feb 1, 2012, 17:17 Frijoles

You'd think their Media page would have been built before all the other pages. Race info, check. Forums, check. Pics of game? Uh.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
5. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:20 Frijoles

Excellent trailer. I may have to play again. Can't wait for them to announce Witcher 3 though.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall Jan 25, 2012, 10:24 Frijoles

Are you saying MMOs shouldn't increase levels with their expansions?  

2085 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo