Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 13, 2012, 23:42 Frijoles

I'd watch an award show for gaming if it focused on gaming and not hype, lasers, and the latest singing douchebag of the month. I'd love to see actual developers get recognized for difficult AI, artists get recognized for their beautiful texturing, and map builders get recognized for their layouts.

Instead we have "XYZ game is SUPER POPULAR (and not even out yet!) so it wins!!! Now here's some shitty music and half-naked chicks dancing around!!"

Also have a system where the categories are voted on by people in the business. Best overall game shouldn't go to who has the most hype.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule
3. Re: TERA Preorders; Closed Beta Schedule Feb 1, 2012, 17:17 Frijoles

You'd think their Media page would have been built before all the other pages. Race info, check. Forums, check. Pics of game? Uh.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
5. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 21:20 Frijoles

Excellent trailer. I may have to play again. Can't wait for them to announce Witcher 3 though.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall Jan 25, 2012, 10:24 Frijoles

Are you saying MMOs shouldn't increase levels with their expansions?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 15:28 Frijoles

JayDeath wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 14:42:
I will put up with all of this nonsense as there is no game currently that comes close to the greatness that is BF3!

What about BF:BC2? Honest question since I haven't played BF3. The videos looked like the same game.

News Comments > Origin Expanding
17. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 24, 2012, 12:08 Frijoles

Wasn't someone in the last Origin thread saying EA would never add non-EA games? ...

Fuck Origin until they bother improving it.

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
6. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 23, 2012, 21:03 Frijoles

Oh god, I'm having flashbacks to Tabula Rasa. The whole, "we left Earth in a hurry and all we managed to grab were the DELL PRECISION XYZ MODEL M! Literally, we abandoned earth from the Dell warehouse and this is all we got!"

Hellgate London's ads weren't bad, but they fit with the game for the most part (and looked well aged). Guess it depends on what kind of game Titan is. Most likely the ads will suck and not gain the end user anything.

News Comments > A Game of Dwarves Revealed
4. Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 Frijoles

Yakubs wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 10:42:
Soooo.... Dwarf Fortress for consoles?

Not unless the dwarfs can go insane and kill everyone!

News Comments > Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow
3. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 19, 2012, 00:38 Frijoles

Last version I played was version 1.4 back in August. Impulse doesn't show an upgrade available, so I guess that was the final version. To call it buggy was understatement of the year. I don't remember much these days, but I do recall it crashing non-stop. The AI was also really bad (I don't think it knew what spells were). Spells were pretty much all the same and you ended up only using a small handful of them. The mission system was always "go over here and kill these guys". The equipment interface was horrible. In fact, the whole interface was horrible. And there were just weird bugs (like my character changing skin colors randomly).

I do believe it's all coming back to me now.

And yet, I played the hell out of it and stuck through the crashes. It definitely had that One-More-Turn Civilization vibe to it. I loved watching the color of the dead world change around me. I enjoyed taking over huge areas of land and then punishing anyone who dared threaten me (something I do in Civ also.. looking at you Gandhi). If you could get it for cheap, it might be worth it. Depends on how willing you are to relaunch the game every half hour.

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
7. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 18, 2012, 23:34 Frijoles

Jerykk wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 23:07:
Not really sure there's any need for a demo. It's going to be more of the same. If you liked the first two games, there's a 99% chance you'll like this one.

Think of it as demoing Origin, not ME3. This way when the full-on ass pounding comes with ME3, people will be ready.

News Comments > Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow
1. Re: Elemental Website Re-Launches; Fallen Enchantress Beta for War of Magic Owners Tomorrow Jan 18, 2012, 21:57 Frijoles

I didn't get this email. Oddly enough, that makes me a bit sad. Elemental was buggy as shit and crashed every 15 - 60 minutes. But damn I played it a lot. Figure I put in about 40 hours. Perhaps it'll show up on my Impulse list tomorrow. I'll have to dust it off and find the password (I abandoned it when GS took it over).

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2012, 21:31 Frijoles

A so-called “blackout” is yet another gimmick, albeit a dangerous one, designed to punish elected and administration officials who are working diligently to protect American jobs from foreign criminals. It is our hope that the White House and the Congress will call on those who intend to stage this “blackout” to stop the hyperbole and PR stunts and engage in meaningful efforts to combat piracy.

Gonna have to increase the bribery fund.

News Comments > Ubisoft Vancouver Closed
1. Re: Ubisoft Vancouver Closed Jan 17, 2012, 21:27 Frijoles

Sad people lost their jobs (or have to move). Not sad it was related to Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo
12. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo Jan 17, 2012, 21:22 Frijoles

Wow, they have key rebinding but not for movement. WASD is hard-coded it appears (at least not in the controls area of the game). So they thought about key rebinding and then decided to fuck everyone over who doesn't use WASD. *slow clap*

Hopefully there is a key binding file and their UI programmer is just an idiot. I'm afraid I don't have high hopes though.

Edit: Posts on their forum say movement bindings are in the full game, not in the demo. Weird.

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo
10. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo Jan 17, 2012, 21:05 Frijoles

You can press escape on the login screen and it will ask if you want to opt-out. No mention of that anywhere though. My EA account didn't work.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
4. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Jan 13, 2012, 14:59 Frijoles

I think most of my friends still playing are just on cruise control now (more so with the yearly thing). They don't really want to login since they're bored, but there's nothing else to play. That and they have a huge amount of time invested in their characters, so they don't want to quit.

Bring on WoW 2.0 and a character wipe.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt
2. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 11:37 Frijoles

At least they're listening. Witcher 2 was one of the few games I actually played from start to finish. Can't wait for #3 or whatever they work on next.  

News Comments > Wakfu Open Beta
2. Re: you got it wrong, blue Jan 4, 2012, 21:11 Frijoles

Surprised it's still in beta. I've been playing it off and on for the past two years (more off than on). Fun for a few hours.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Queue Fixes & Content Coming
4. Re: The Old Republic Queue Fixes & Content Coming Dec 24, 2011, 01:30 Frijoles

Boggles my mind that an MMO can have a queue in place and not have a way to reconnect at the same place is the queue.  

News Comments > 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations
2. Re: 18 Million World of Tanks Registrations Dec 21, 2011, 11:22 Frijoles

18 million accounts, 20k players.

*Edit: number pulled out of my ass.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2011, 11:36.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo