Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2062 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched
3. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 15:32 Frijoles

A game with a UI made by a blind man.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 38 Studios Closed?
53. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 25, 2012, 00:24 Frijoles

RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 23:56:
yep lets take that extra tax money that the job creators give us

lol

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alan Wake’s American Nightmare
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alan Wake’s American Nightmare May 23, 2012, 16:23 Frijoles

Techie714 © wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:42:
The story is really interesting & the grapics are REALLY good.

We must have played different games. I thought the graphics were shit. I take that back, the scenery was great. The character animations and such were pure garbage though.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
18. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 22, 2012, 23:45 Frijoles

Kitkoan wrote on May 22, 2012, 23:30:
And with so many accounts they most likely are coming from the same IP area which should set off warning bells when a few hundred accounts suddenly all stop logging in from their last known IP and suddenly are logging in from the same IP area, which the same computer specs that doesn't match their last known configuration (something the warden program is supposed to look at)

They do check, from above:

We also have other measures built into Battle.net to help protect players. Occasionally, when Battle.net detects unusual login activity that differs from your normal behavior -- such as logging in from an unfamiliar location -- we may prompt you for additional information (such as the answer to one of your security questions)

I get the authenticator popup if I try to use a different computer than normal to login (I get it on my main computer about once a month).

News Comments > New DayZ Mod
22. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 17:34 Frijoles

Adding body temperature seems lame. There's a point where gameplay starts to suffer because of realism. I haven't tried it though, so maybe it won't be so bad. The development feels a bit Minecraft-ish. Release something cool, and then move on to the next without refining what we already have.

I logged in a few nights ago and it was pitch black in the game. I ended up logging out because I couldn't see worth shit. I'm hoping there's some sort of moon cycle in the game and that's why I couldn't see. If not, and nights are now that dark, fuck it. I'll play D3 until it's fixed.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
24. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 13:46 Frijoles

Matshock wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:25:
Long story short- this game is going to need siege mode if it is to have a longer-term appeal.

Having never played T1 and vague memories of T2, what's siege mode?

News Comments > DayZ Modification for Arma II
14. Re: DayZ Modification for Arma II May 16, 2012, 11:45 Frijoles

So to get this working on Win 7 64 was a bitch. Took me about two hours. Here's the steps I took to finally get it to work:

1) Set Steam to run in compatibility mode (I used XP SP3). Don't worry, this will get set back.
2) Launch steam in admin mode.
3) Run Arma II base game. If you get an error about license key, it's not writing the registry key. Make sure you're in admin mode and compatibility mode.
4) Run Operation Arrowhead. Same deal. You want it to launch with no key issues or anything else it complains about.

At this point, you could open up regedit and go to the wow6432node. You should see an entry or two for Bohemia. You can try to launch Combined Operations now. If you get any errors, delete the Bohemia entries in the registry and try again.

After you get it working, you can turn off compatibility mode and not launch as admin. Getting DayZ itself to run is pretty easy after that if you use the video guidelines (I think they were posted above).

Edit: Video of how to do the install of DayZ itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib73cBf_-Ys

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG May 15, 2012, 12:13 Frijoles

shinchan0s wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:10:
Banking on Diablo 3 returns and having depressed gamers buy GoT on the rebound?

Is there anywhere that still takes a PC return, especially one that has a key tied to an online service? I can't think of any.

News Comments > Steam top 10
88. Re: you have my attention May 14, 2012, 17:20 Frijoles

Krakum wrote on May 14, 2012, 16:42:
BTW: I think I read that the whole zombies (AI) running through walls is a limitation of the game engine and can't be fixed. Is that true?

Last night I cleared out a larger building of zombies. In the process, some from outside ran to the side of the building and were able to hit me while I was standing against the wall. They didn't walk through the wall, but they definitely could swing through it. I took a step forward and they stopped hitting me. However, they were not smart enough to find the door.

Don't get me wrong, DayZ is buggy and not intuitive to use. It's still alpha, and since I've never played ArmaII, I don't know what is buggy due to the mod and buggy due to the game. The backpack inventory system is pure shit to use. Mobs (and animals you can find for food) can get stuck in the ground. Moving the mouse feels weird. Turning up gamma and brightness at night so you can see doesn't help much (but does make you feel like you're on drugs).

Even with the issues, I found it to have a lot of immersion. Running around the mountains at night with a pistol low on ammo and not being able to see shit was really fun. Especially since it throws in random sounds. I really want to find some other non-bandit players though so I can experience the team aspect of it.

Worth $30? Dunno yet. Worth a Steam sale of $10? Definitely.

80. Re: Steam top 10 May 14, 2012, 12:33 Frijoles

Verno wrote on May 14, 2012, 09:52:
I haven't really done any research on the game, do you have to collect food, make shelter and whatnot? It sounds interesting but Diablo 3 is pretty close.

You have to find food/water/ammo. You don't really need shelter. Most of the buildings you do find either have zombies in them or you just can't enter them (no opening door). That's a very annoying thing about it. You can come across a small town, but only 1 or 2 buildings have a door. I hope that's just due to having to place all the buildings (that is, a time constraint) and not an engine constraint.

I think some groups have taken over some of the locations in the game to create a safe area. Dunno how that works though since the only human I've found shot me in the head.

72. Re: Steam top 10 May 14, 2012, 09:46 Frijoles

I'm enjoying DayZ. The controls are a bit wonky at times and the inventory is shit, but the immersion is great. I have trouble playing at night though due to it being so damn dark. I wish the starter pack had a flashlight.

News Comments > DOTA Trademark Settled
2. Re: DOTA Trademark Settled May 11, 2012, 16:53 Frijoles

The sound you hear is hundreds of lawyers crying out in anguish.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization May 2, 2012, 16:42 Frijoles

Since it's still for sale for $5, I'm tempted to go buy it just so I can bitch and be apart of whatever happens.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 13:05 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 12:30:
But since you can't swap to another arbitrary overflow zone, and the person you're grouped with, also gets thrown into a random one, you either have to get extremely lucky, or wait the hour (sometimes shorter, usually much longer, at least during peak) to be able to get into the same zone.

They said this one is a bug, and one that they hopefully fix soon. It's not a very social game if you can't group with people and actually see them.

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 10:53 Frijoles

I liked how my 30 minutes in WvW led to better PvE buffs. WvW looks pretty messy, though. Repairing a gate 10 supply at a time was painful. Definitely a guild thing. The world also seemed pretty small. I was hoping for something like DAoC where it was a huge spread-out area where you had to run in packs or get ganked.

I also didn't understand the map all that well. I need to spend more time with it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2012, 12:47 Frijoles

Zarkonis wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 12:19:
It's amazing how we pay more in taxes than Great Britain.

Edit: nevermind, the chart I linked was percentage of taxes to GDP. Not what I was looking for. The UK site I did find said a middle income family pays 40% in taxes. I certainly don't pay that much in the US.

News Comments > NVIDIA Crowbar Tease
13. Re: NVIDIA Crowbar Tease Apr 27, 2012, 23:34 Frijoles

I'd be very surprised if Valve let anyone else announce HL3 other than themselves. So much anticipation of that one. I hope it's another augmented reality game (for the announce, not the unlock), even though I know people hate them.  

News Comments > Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo
11. Re: Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo Apr 27, 2012, 14:59 Frijoles

Total Biscuit did a WTF of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydHz7X4GF8

I went out and preordered it after watching that. For $20, I'll take that gamble.

News Comments > Alan Wake's American Nightmare Spotted on Steam
1. Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare Spotted on Steam Apr 24, 2012, 10:27 Frijoles

A stunning sequel to the original Escape from Ventriloquist Island. This latest sequel comes complete with:

• Characters that have more than 10 joints!

• New facial animations that feature blinking eyes and eye lids!

• And of course, mouth animations that can move at least half a centimeter instead of not at all!

• I know I am excited.

News Comments > Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints
    10. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 Frijoles

I thought it was over too.

Spoiler:
    Didn't they destroy obelisk thing (which I thought was a cool sequence)? Although I'm having a memory of his dead wife being in the ship with him.

I can't remember the ending.

2062 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 21.
    < Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo