Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2046 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Crowbar Tease
13. Re: NVIDIA Crowbar Tease Apr 27, 2012, 23:34 Frijoles

I'd be very surprised if Valve let anyone else announce HL3 other than themselves. So much anticipation of that one. I hope it's another augmented reality game (for the announce, not the unlock), even though I know people hate them.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo
11. Re: Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo Apr 27, 2012, 14:59 Frijoles

Total Biscuit did a WTF of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydHz7X4GF8

I went out and preordered it after watching that. For $20, I'll take that gamble.

News Comments > Alan Wake's American Nightmare Spotted on Steam
1. Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare Spotted on Steam Apr 24, 2012, 10:27 Frijoles

A stunning sequel to the original Escape from Ventriloquist Island. This latest sequel comes complete with:

• Characters that have more than 10 joints!

• New facial animations that feature blinking eyes and eye lids!

• And of course, mouth animations that can move at least half a centimeter instead of not at all!

• I know I am excited.

News Comments > Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints
    10. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 Frijoles

I thought it was over too.

Spoiler:
    Didn't they destroy obelisk thing (which I thought was a cool sequence)? Although I'm having a memory of his dead wife being in the ship with him.

I can't remember the ending.

News Comments > The Settlers Online Launches
    4. Re: The Settlers Online Launches Apr 17, 2012, 23:26 Frijoles

Yeah, it's not like the old Settlers much. It's kind of similar to the latest Settlers game in that some of the graphics are similar/same. But like Riker said, it's a lot of waiting around. That's why I'd call it a lunch game. I actually keep it up all day (unf) to update my mines and shit, but you don't need to.

It's not much of a game unless you're doing adventures. And even then it's not much of a game since you can just go get the guides or run the trainers to see how many troops you need.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
    1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 17, 2012, 21:44 Frijoles

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looked pretty fun if I remember correctly. Anyone tried it yet?  

News Comments > The Settlers Online Launches
    1. Re: The Settlers Online Launches Apr 17, 2012, 21:40 Frijoles

I've been playing this for a while now (maybe a year now?). You can play the main game without spending money. Gems are the currency you can purchase, and they're used to buy a few special buildings, increase the number of buildings you can have, etc. You also earn gems if you login for a week straight, so you can eventually buy everything in the gem store without spending money.

It's basically a web-based lunch game. Something you login to once a day, push a few buttons for 15 min or so, then logout. If you get fairly high in level, you'll also be doing the adventures. Adventures are when you send your army after the NPCs in exchange for a few items.

No PvP in the game yet.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
    31. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 00:20 Frijoles

One of the patch files, the main one at 9.something gigs, has failed to uncompress for me. And sadly now the game crashes on launch so it won't try patch. Guess I get to reinstall it.

News Comments > etc.
    16. Re: etc. Apr 16, 2012, 21:24 Frijoles

Didn't realize it wasn't on Steam. Maybe that's why I didn't even know it came out. Whereas I check for new Steam games every day. I'm like a drug addict with Steam.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
    12. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:19 Frijoles

Yeow. Yeah, 12.25GB patch size. Holy crap. Wonder how it's laid out that makes downloading the whole game from scratch required (aside from requiring two additional languages).

Oh well, it's worth it. I loved my first play through. Looking forward to seeing it again.

News Comments > etc.
    2. Re: etc. Apr 16, 2012, 10:55 Frijoles

The initial trailer looked cool. But I didn't even see that it had shipped, and after I did learn of it, I heard it was full of bugs. Not to mention I've also heard it was a piss-poor console port. I'll buy it when it's $10, maybe less.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Welcome Back
    4. Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 Frijoles

Aren't all MMOs grinding?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
    59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 01:04 Frijoles

I turned on 3D Vision with this.. looks good. The creatures look great in 3D.

Also, to the person asking about healing potions, they're there. You can craft them also after finding the right stuff. I think I found that stuff on level 3.

News Comments > Steam to 10
    10. Re: Steam to 10 Apr 8, 2012, 23:53 Frijoles

I played one of the Sins games a while ago. It seemed to get really hard really fast and I ended up having to cheat. Even cheating, I couldn't win. The AI just destroyed me on the easiest setting. I was playing a pirated version, though, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. Or maybe I just suck.

Fast forward a few years, and I keep wanting to grab it on Steam and try it again. I fear getting my ass handed to me again, though.

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
    2. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:10 Frijoles

I really hope the controls aren't ass. It's the one thing I fear. It's also the one thing I fuck up all the time on the console. I keep pushing the wrong use item key and end up removing my shield or some shit when I meant to heal.  

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
    4. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 3, 2012, 21:37 Frijoles

Graham wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 21:29:
    Worst. Game Name. Ever.

Looks like a 10 cent game. I think I'll call it that. 10centscraft.

News Comments > etc.
    2. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2012, 13:04 Frijoles

No shit. Not only that, but it's 45% driving games and 45% dancing/"skill"/ticket games. That leaves 5% for the fighting games and 5% for everything else.

I'm just going to build my own if I can find some space for them.

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
    9. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 12:58 Frijoles

I enjoyed the starter area in AoC. What was that like, 20 levels? I quit after that, though. I guess I stopped playing when it turned in to an MMO.  

News Comments > Epic Mickey 2 Coming to PC & Mac
    1. Re: Epic Mickey 2 Coming to PC & Mac Mar 30, 2012, 12:12 Frijoles

Epic Mickey 1 wasn't too terribly epic. The concept art was awesome, but the game didn't really evoke the same feelings. At least it's hitting the PC. I may play it longer.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
    14. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 Frijoles

I thought they said they weren't going to do any additional work above what was in AC2? As in, they acknowledge that AC1 and AC2 came with a steaming pile of shit that they placed on the keyboard, and they had no intention of changing it.

Saying they removed keyboard/mouse from AC3 from the PC support isn't a big deal since there was hardly any support in the previous titles either. One of the worst control schemes I've ever tried.

2046 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 21.
    < Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo