Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2086 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Launches
9. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 30, 2014, 00:01 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:40:
Why do you play shooters?

For hats!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Euro Megaserver Migration Jul 29, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

I'm tempted to sub for a month and have a look. Anyone still playing? How's the bot problem these days? It was horrible when I quit, and is one of the main reasons I left. Can you still find a dozen bots standing around the dungeon bosses?  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 20:19 Frijoles

"Ok guys, what's the latest deets on the drama? 10/10, would squat again."

What does this mean? Some of the words are English, but I don't understand their arrangement. I feel so old.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 14, 2014, 21:42 Frijoles

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 21:33:
Anyway - DOS, I still use it all the time (or a hybrid of it) as it is THE BEST trouble shooting tool in the biz.

I call Command Prompt DOS all the time. My coworker (doesn't use it much) chews me out. It'll always be DOS to me.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jul 9, 2014, 15:43 Frijoles

I'm treating it like Skyrim. Sure, I've got a dozen quests, but since I don't know wtf I'm looking for, I'll just go do something else. Also, F5 every 30 seconds. F5 EVERYTHING. Because if there's one thing they love to do, is kill you with an explosion that has no indication it's coming. Oh look, a lovely flower in this meadow and *BOOM* everyone is dead.

Haven't crafted at all. 20k gold and dunno what to do with it. Maybe buy more resurrection scrolls. I need lots of those.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 9, 2014, 11:52 Frijoles

Julio wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 09:43:
I just don't get 'e-sports'. Why not just play games yourself?

Because I suck and it's fun to watch someone who not only knows what they're doing, but is considered the best in the world at said game. Pretty sure you can "take over" the Dota 2 game these days too (I haven't tried it). I can see how me subbing for someone would destroy their chances at winning.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
10. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 15:14 Frijoles

smackdaddy wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:05:
Can you finally use a mouse?

Yes, Stonesense lets you use the mouse too. I've not tried it, so dunno how good it is. It's most likely going to break with the update too, so you'll have to wait for it to be fixed (unless they've got access to a preview copy and fixed it already).

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
3. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 09:33 Frijoles

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:30:
Also, is the military system still broken? I'd like to actually fight with my dwarves instead of using traps/bridge mechanics all the time.

I recall they were supposedly fixed in the previous version, but I could never get it to work the way I expected it to. I haven't played in a year, though. I plan on playing in a month or so once bug fixing has started.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
16. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 11:36 Frijoles

I enjoyed this game (the PvE), so I'm sad to see it go. Haven't played in a long time though. Was kind of a bitch to get it to load up right what with GfWL. I was going to play yesterday one last time, but couldn't get it to run in the 2 minutes I was interested. Wish they'd convert it over to Steamworks and keep it running using a TF2 model (hats for everyone!).

News Comments > WildStar Updated
2. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 11:25 Frijoles

I don't mind the game, but can't see spending $15 a month on it. Wish they had gone the GW2 direction so I could login in bursts here and there every few weeks.  

News Comments > Stardock and Ironclad Prevail in Rebellion Lawsuit; Fight Continues
7. Re: Stardock and Ironclad Prevail in Rebellion Lawsuit; Fight Continues Jun 26, 2014, 21:57 Frijoles

Sounds like another dev to boycott (Rebellion, that is).  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2014, 11:47 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 21:57:
As for Occupy Google, really? There are a lot of worse companies to protest out there.

But Google is only a short 10 minute drive. Everything else required planning.

News Comments > The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced
6. Re: The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria Announced Jun 23, 2014, 15:10 Frijoles

Really hope they don't force you to build shit in specific areas. I want a return to Settlers 2 style building. Even their online version lets you place buildings where you want.  

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month
12. Re: Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month Jun 20, 2014, 16:51 Frijoles

Remember, traps are you friend. I typically wall my base in and then build a drawbridge to get out. Below the drawbridge is a 15+ level drop, and I have ton of traps on my base side of the bridge. When goblins attack, I let them get to the bridge, then drop it. By the time it drops, it's full of goblins. They all fall to their deaths. Then I flood the room and drown any that are still alive. It's awesome.

Unless the heavy bastards break my bridge. Then I rage as I'm getting murdered.

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month
4. Re: Dwarf Fortress Patch Next Month Jun 20, 2014, 10:52 Frijoles

Sounds like my normal strategy of building a huge fucking wall all the way around the outside of my base (about 75% of the outside area) won't work anymore. I may have to actually train some fighters. Or just live underground 100%.

Looking forward to the update + 1 or 2 months for extra bug fixes.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
13. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 11:56 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 11:14:
If Battlestar Galactica had been "realistic" the Cylons would have completely pwned them in every engagement, because robots have vastly higher G force resistance and thus could out-maneuver any human vessel by several factors.

They did (pwned them)! Also, figure if they can control gravity on their ships, maybe they can lower the G force in the smaller ships. I need to watch that show again.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
2. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 09:58 Frijoles

As much as I can appreciate them going for realism-ish controls, I couldn't fly worth a damn. Hope it can be changed in single-player at least. Or maybe I'll just be Crew Member #5 on board the big ships.  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 16:52 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:52:
Isn't the real issue here the revised EULA? My understanding was that it was never prohibited originally and only recently they changed their minds. If that's the case he really hasn't got a legal leg to stand on.

Even if that's true, he could change it going forward. Anyone on the old version would be free to do this, but you'd never be able to upgrade your server. If someone wants to remain on an old version just so they can keep paying to win, fine by me.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 13:01 Frijoles

On one hand, I want to watch this and be amazed. On the other hand, I want to experience it in the game. 2015 is too far away.  

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
14. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 23:32 Frijoles

entr0py wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:06:
Yeah now that you mention it, "near cost" makes sense for a console where they make most of their money on games and licensing, but what revenue would Oculus get aside from hardware sales?

They want to create a digital distribution system in VR, similar to Steam. So similar they hired one of the main people behind Steam. If they get a cut of those sales, that would certainly help. On the other hand, Steam already has VR mode. I think Oculus wanted to vet the games a bit better though and only allow VR games in it. I've used VirtualReality.io for downloading some games It was pretty sweet. Haven't tried Steam yet in VR mode though, oddly enough.

2086 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo