Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2098 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 29, 2013, 22:21 Frijoles

After watching a couple Let's Play of this... I have no idea what it is. Neither did the reviewers. They seemed to be enjoying themselves though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jan 28, 2013, 16:05 Frijoles

Not a bad game. I'm curious, though. There's a lot of people on Blues that love PoE. But they're the same people that bitched about the always-on DRM in Diablo 3. Doesn't PoE have the same exact thing? I've only logged in once, so I haven't checked to see if my chars are saved to a cloud. I'm guessing they are.  

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jan 26, 2013, 20:54 Frijoles

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 20:21:
....am I the only one still sticking to my guns on not installing Origin?

Nope.

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
31. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 18:03 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:04:
Are Koch Media the guys behind Deep Silver? I can't remember. I think they are, in which case it's not great, since Deep Silver is one of the worst fucking publishers on the planet. Enjoy your TAGES DRM on your Steam games...

Hopefully Metro is far enough along that additional DRM would be a huge pain in the ass. I think it's supposed to ship fairly soon. I thought it was late January, but Steam just says early 2013.

News Comments > WoW PvP Gear Preview
2. Re: WoW PvP Gear Preview Jan 18, 2013, 14:30 Frijoles

That'd be awesome. Or better, stick the WoW players on the ground as champion mobs against the D3 units. That'd be fun.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Impressions
3. Re: Oculus Rift Impressions Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 10:18:
Note that the comments from Valve's Michael Abrash talked about simulator sickness, this is not something you feel unless you have interactive gameplay that extends for a certain amount of time.

I have this problem with the nVidia 3D glasses (waste of money). I can use them for about 30 minutes before I don't feel so good. The Oculus is getting good reviews, though.. so hopefully it will be different.

News Comments > THQ Asset Auction January 22nd
1. Re: THQ Asset Auction January 22nd Jan 7, 2013, 21:01 Frijoles

Maybe if we all chip in we can get one. I've got $5.  

News Comments > On Standalone DayZ DelayZ
3. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 18:04 Frijoles

War Z's problems seem to all stem from policies and admins, not the game itself. Sure, some people didn't review it too highly, but that's not the reason for wanting to burn the guy's house down.

If it's just a bad game, then it's just a bad game. If you lie about your bad game and then ban people left and right after taking their money, that's totally different.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: 3D film making Dec 27, 2012, 11:42 Frijoles

Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 11:06:
I like 3D films, it's the related things I dislike.

I hate that they shove it in your face. LOOK, WE'RE 3D! Let's have this stupid, unnecessary use of CGI to show all the SHIT we can throw IN YOUR FACE now. It's so over the top it just feels forced. I pray that smell-o-vision never works out for this very reason. Also the additional $5 I have to pay for a worse movie experience pisses me off. I go to 2D if it's available and at a good time.

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind 2 Presale Deal
8. Re: A Valley Without Wind 2 Presale Deal Dec 26, 2012, 23:34 Frijoles

Asmodai wrote on Dec 26, 2012, 19:56:
You can no longer pick and choose spells, you get stuck with a spec (entropy etc). You have keys for aim up/aim down (angle shots) basically pushing you to use a controller. The world/townbuilding bit is pretty much nothing like the original either.

That really explains a lot. I thought the mouse was just buggy. I kept wondering why I couldn't aim at shit. I think I got about 5 minutes in before I moved on. Also, the new and improved graphics look just as shitty as the first game.

News Comments > Christmas Legal Briefs
5. Re: Christmas Legal Briefs Dec 25, 2012, 15:20 Frijoles

I would _gladly_ pay HBO directly (or Netflix) to get it the same night as Dish/Direct TV/Comcast/etc. I have Netflix, but it takes them several months to get them.  

News Comments > WoW 5.2 Preview
5. Re: WoW 5.2 Preview Dec 23, 2012, 02:31 Frijoles

They're adding an "Ulduar quality" raid. I'm not sure if it's on PTR yet. Adds 3 new scenarios too, bunch of changes to the farms, new way to get rep, etc. Quite a bit content, really.

And it wouldn't be WoW without nerfs every patch.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 21, 2012, 13:01 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 08:37:
Who the hell thought Dead Space was begging for voice integration?

It listens for when you start whimpering, and then amps up the fear until you have a nervous breakdown.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
32. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 18:15 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 17:25:
but if you can tolerate the slow plodding pace and the technical shortcomings (like the awful animations and performance) it may end up being something you can enjoy... once they properly finish it.

Don't forget the micro-transactions. I'm sorry, but forcing me to pay MORE just to rez.. yeah. They can fuck off. The game looked interesting. Now I hope it and the developer just go away.

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
8. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 12:20 Frijoles

Hope it's another TA. I really want a base building RTS. There's right around zero these days.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:48 Frijoles

mmmm... new caves.

I'll buy it .. eventually. I enjoyed Rage, and I don't see any cars, which is the part I hated.

News Comments > Project GODUS Prototype Footage
15. Re: Project GODUS Prototype Footage Dec 18, 2012, 10:12 Frijoles

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 22:21:
You didn't like BnW or Fable? Both were excellent games (hell Fable 2 is the bst in the series)?

BnW was broken. I believe your pet was taken away in act 3 (or so) and the bug failed to return it. There were only 5 acts, which was really short, and your pet was gone for half of that. I really loved chucking fireballs over the mountains, but there just wasn't much game there. BnW2 just wasn't fun for me.

I did enjoy Fable, despite the console controls. I'll buy this game if it comes to Steam. Molyneux is the King of Hype, and his Curiosity "game" makes it look like he was seeing how much bullshit someone will take in whatever game comes next.

News Comments > Asheron's Call 2 Returns
11. Re: Asheron's Call 2 Returns Dec 14, 2012, 17:44 Frijoles

MrRadicalEd wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 15:45:
I'd rather not be heart broken over the possibility of a F2P AC2... no thanks...

If there's one company I trust with f2p, it's Turbine. They did a great job with LOTRO and DDO.

News Comments > Asheron's Call 2 Returns
4. Re: Asheron's Call 2 Returns Dec 14, 2012, 10:58 Frijoles

My bet is that this is step 1 towards something else. Either moving people out of AC1 (can't see that happening) or going F2P with it. Hopefully the latter. I wouldn't mind having a look at it again after so many years.

Here's to hoping their goal is to tweak it (overhaul it) to make it more like AC1.

News Comments > Steam Launches Game Guides Beta
1. Re: Steam Launches Game Guides Beta Dec 13, 2012, 21:18 Frijoles

Interesting. Youtube is pretty good for this, but if this makes it easier to find help when stuck, I'll be happy.  

2098 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo