Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2049 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 01:38 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 22:55:
Imo, a rogue like should not be easily winnable

Nor should it be over in a couple of hours. I enjoyed FTL, but it had flaws. I hated the pursuing rebels (although there is a mod to remove that). I can understand they didn't want you to get too strong, but it just feels like a lame mechanic. I also ended my first game at the final boss with my shit starter weapons. I thought, "This is the end?" .. and it was.

It was worth the $10 price, though. Fun for a short period of time. Just no desire to return to it though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Sep 18, 2012, 11:18 Frijoles

This game has a massive meta-game on top of it, so I can't see them patching out the online requirement. You basically get votes depending on what you do in the game. The votes help guide the overall game somehow. I never made it far enough to get in to that, though.

The game itself is very similar to Dawn of Discovery. Kind of similar to Settlers. It's a resource management game, spread out over islands. So you have to set up shipping routes for goods. Personally I didn't care much for the game, but I just get bored with that type of gameplay. It was a pretty game though. Worth $25 (with 50% coupon)? Not to me. Just couldn't hold my interest.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
10. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 11:13 Frijoles

I don't care much for the inventory interface. Seems like a chore to compare items (click weapon, push 'e', mouse over other weapons, repeat for everything). They also could have expanded it to 2 or 3 columns wide instead of one long column that requires scrolling.

Game itself is fun, though. It's weird going from uber-powerful character in Borderlands 1, someone with huge shield, recharging health, unlimited ammo.. to this new char with none of that.

Also, Claptrap is awesome.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Film Plans
4. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 11:48 Frijoles

Spoiler question:

It's been a while since I played the game, but they didn't really do much with the ghosts outside of that one tunnel, did they? I think that was probably my favorite segment of the game. My memory is a bit fuzzy. Did they explain that in more detail somewhere in the game or was it just the initial time when you met the guy who guided you through?

I need to replay 2033 it seems. Great game.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 Frijoles

Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.

Odd change. I wonder why they moved the Lord. I rather enjoyed having to fight up to the second floor. Defending was also a lot of fun due to the ramps.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam
2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Editor on Steam Sep 12, 2012, 12:13 Frijoles

Kinda late, IMO. It would have been good to have on release, but dunno if I'd go back now. I guess if something really great came out.  

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
3. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 15:55 Frijoles

I think I voted down a bunch of these.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 23:01 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:06:
No, this is still stupid. You still have to put those items in the bank tab from the resourse tab. So whatís the fricking difference if you still have to move them from one section to the other? NONE!!! Itís still a task to do it. Lame!!!

Maybe I'm confused, but I know I saw a lot of recipes with a count on them and I had no crafting items in my inventory. It was definitely pulling them from somewhere else. In which case, I'm confused by what you mean. I'll have to double-check.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 16:42 Frijoles

Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank.

THANK GOD. Glad to see they're working on getting discovery to work the same way.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2012, 23:25 Frijoles

Also, I read that games can still get distribution through Steam using the old method of reaching out to Valve (or Valve reaching out to developers). The $100 just speeds that process along if your game isn't the hottest game-of-the-week on social media.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 7, 2012, 23:22 Frijoles

Divinity's Reach is a good example of mind-blowing graphics. Absolutely stunning how alive they made that city feel. If you lower the graphics all the way to the bottom, it does look meh. But on full, there's no MMO that compares to it IMO. It'd do well even in a single-player contest of graphics.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 09:42 Frijoles

I _really_ don't want to see these fucking "unlocks" in pre-purchases depending on how many people preorder it. It makes sense with Kickstarter... they have more money to add more to the game. But on a pre-purchase? Fuck right off and die.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Adding Listing Fee
7. Re: Steam Greenlight Adding Listing Fee Sep 5, 2012, 12:17 Frijoles

I tried out the new listing features this morning. I like it a lot more. It doesn't tell me there are 700+ to review, it just gives me a small list of 10. And you can set which type of games you'd like to review. After you do 10, you can queue up more if you like. They've also added some text to the thumbs-down to indicate "would you buy this on steam". Makes it easier for me to say no.

And very happy with the fee. There was so much crap it wasn't worth looking at. Now we can hopefully stick to real games.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Launches
27. Re: Steam Greenlight Launches Aug 31, 2012, 10:30 Frijoles

I figure it'll straighten itself up after a week or two when the trolls get bored and move on.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 10:28 Frijoles

NKD wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:24:
Gotta sell more aviator sunglasses and boxing gloves.

And silly hats!

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Launches
15. Re: Steam Greenlight Launches Aug 30, 2012, 16:33 Frijoles

'cause I wasn't wasting enough time on Reddit. Now I can browse games I can't play yet.

I've down-voted a bunch already. Some are very much ripoffs. One looked like a joke (Spiny Lady?). I'm taking it serious though. Checking out videos and such. I love the idea.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access
12. Re: Fallen Enchantress Preorders Get Beta Access Aug 30, 2012, 10:06 Frijoles

It's been a while since I tried it, but when I did play it a few months ago it was pretty fun. It is very much like Elemental, but a lot of bugs were fixed. It didn't crash every 5 minutes. I will eventually buy it during a Steam sale. Too many games right now though.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
71. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 17:40 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 13:14:
Their system is requiring a lot more materials to make items. And some of the materials required are a bit hard to find. Vilas of Blood being one of them.

There's a Charr starting dynamic event that has you guarding some junk metal from an attack. You get wave after wave of attacking bad guys. After the event (about 3 or 4 minutes), I had 5 or 6 Bloods and an almost full inventory of shit to salvage/sell. I highly suggest heading over there and seeing if the event starts.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 10:35 Frijoles

I'm loving it. I found a "secret" hidden area in Lion's Gate last night that was just awesome (and had pirate booty in it). I hope there's more stuff like that because I totally wasn't expecting it. The world vs. world stuff also reminds me a lot of DAoC, which I miss.

Don't let some of the reviews fool you though. There's still quests. They just moved them to hearts instead. The dynamic stuff is interesting, but still just quests. If you hate MMOs then I doubt GW2 will change your mind. If you enjoy MMOs, though, then GW2 does a lot of stuff right.

And don't let GW1 put you off. GW2 is nothing like GW1.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 00:36 Frijoles

Well, I knew going in to this that it was going to be horrible port. And they certainly delivered on that front. I haven't tried the HD fix yet. I have a controller, so I may use that. I wish I could use a keyboard, but since the mouse isn't locked to the game, I end up clicking off screen and the game minimizes.

I think I'll let it sit in the oven a bit longer while I play GW2 and hope more mods come out.

2049 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo