Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2084 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 10, 2013, 04:14 Frijoles

siapnar wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 16:06:
The ingame assets in the Lord British kickstarter are atrocious.
Sure, you may scream that it's an early prototype, but that doesn't mean preliminary assets need to be so bland and unoriginal... and circa 2001.
Doesn't instill much faith in their art team, or Art Director.

He addressed this in one of his videos. He said the art was done by non-artists. They don't have an art team yet, or they're just bringing them in or something like that. Basically it's one step up from stick figures. I thought the same thing, though, that it looked like ass. I hope that wasn't just an excuse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2013, 23:23 Frijoles

GMG is doing their usual 20% off coupon, which works on Tomb Raider. Brought the cost down to $40. Although I'm a bit nervous these days using a third party to get Steam keys. I've started using them more though and haven't had a problem.  

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
24. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 18:03 Frijoles

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 17:11:
I shortly thereafter realized that my entire order was canceled! Of course, hours later, I got the email from Amazon, apologizing for it and offering me $5 credit.

Wonder if this reddit post is related. The guy who cancelled them apologized and explained it. Not sure if it's the same as your issue.

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
17. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 12:32 Frijoles

The singleplayer/multiplayer sounds interesting. Sounds more like co-op, but the shops and such can be owned by players. Those show up in your game, but not the players. I like that. Give me the commerce and services/crafting of everyone, but limit my game to only those I want to play with.

I'm in also. That sounds really interesting, and I love RPGs.

News Comments > Amazon Stops Selling Digital SimCity
2. Re: Amazon Stops Selling Digital SimCity Mar 7, 2013, 17:33 Frijoles

Used to be that you only had to worry about an MMO launch. Seems that curse is spreading. Meanwhile, MMOs have gotten a lot better at it. How ironic.  

News Comments > Age of Empires II HD Next Month
13. Re: Age of Empires II HD Next Month Mar 7, 2013, 17:30 Frijoles

Numinar wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 17:04:
What I really want is Rise of Nations

I'd like to see this on Steam. I really miss that game. Is it even sold anywhere these days? I've no idea where my disc is. .. sold on Amazon, apparently. Tempting.

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
3. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Mar 7, 2013, 09:29 Frijoles

VogelAP wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:24:
I was pleasantly surprised to see this game _not_ associated with KickStarter!

Maybe it changed, but Blue's post says at the end they're going to start one next month.

News Comments > Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View
2. Re: Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View Mar 6, 2013, 00:01 Frijoles

The reviews on Metacritic are low. Any thoughts on it? It looks fun. And the patches have supposedly helped quite a bit.  

News Comments > Thief (4) Details Inbound
2. Re: Thief (4) Details Inbound Mar 5, 2013, 12:23 Frijoles

Looking forward to this. 2014 is too far away.  

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
33. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 12:20 Frijoles

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:06:
What I don't get is why people hate so much on Origin and praise Steam in the same breath. They're the same fucking thing.

My Steam account is over 300 games. My Origin account is 0. I like all my games in one place. I like Steam's interface. I like only having one account to login, although this one is more of a wish since I still have accounts for everything.

Bring DS3 to Steam and remove the Origin requirement and I'd buy it. I loved DS1 and DS2. Same goes for a bunch of other EA games.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Version 5.2 "Imminent"
3. Re: World of Warcraft Version 5.2 Feb 27, 2013, 23:02 Frijoles

Some good changes in this patch. I'm looking forward to it. Can't say I care much for the raid. Trolls are over done.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 09:39 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 09:19:
...they each have different voices, animations...

Needless expenditures which would be better placed elsewhere.

Didn't we bitch about Oblivion having the same 3 or 4 people for every voice in the game? Game devs can't win.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 23, 2013, 17:03 Frijoles

mag wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 14:14:
Very excited about augmented reality, but Google Glass is just a voice-activated, Twitter-enabled, head-mounted GoPro. For $1500. Durr.

I don't believe the GoPro projects an image over your eye.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
6. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 23, 2013, 17:00 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 12:24:
Steam pre-order bonuses do NOT apply to GMG pre-orders, regardless of the fact that all they're doing is handing you a Steam key, unless they specifically say so.

This is correct. I pre-ordered. There is no key for Steam yet, and it may not go out until release day. Which means the pre-order bonuses won't apply. They did give me $17 in credit and two free games though, which I wasn't expecting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - A Valley Without Wind 2
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - A Valley Without Wind 2 Feb 18, 2013, 22:03 Frijoles

Avoid this game until they get a demo. It's very different from the first game. They removed mouse control and simplified other areas of the game. The controls, however, are probably the biggest issue with it. They're horrible. Not sure why they decided to change that part of the game.  

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
3. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 18:20 Frijoles

Saw this on RPS:

"We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game – almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to."

Riiiiighht....

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
7. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 23:30 Frijoles

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:37:
The kind of games you would expect to see in a PC Gamer "10 Best Games You Have Never Played" list. Spellforce is one of those.

This is really surprising to me. Every time it goes on sale on Steam, I have a look at them. They are rated _horribly_ on Metacritic. Spellforce 2 (Faith in Destiny) is in the 5s. The Gold Edition fairs better at 7.4, but that's the older game and still not exactly a stellar number. So I'm surprised to hear positive things about it.

Makes me wonder if it got dinged for the DRM. I may have to buy it next time it is on sale.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 16:30 Frijoles

I love my Wii U. It's basically how I watch Netflix. And it's so easy to use, my kids know how to load Netflix to watch their cartoons. Now if they'd just release Zelda...  

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
17. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 15:06 Frijoles

Lobster wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 14:23:
Ugh. I loved everything about Fallout: New Vegas EXCEPT for New Vegas.

Same here. Played everything around the city, but after going in, I stopped playing. I really liked DC, though. I had fun crawling through subways and destroyed buildings.

News Comments > WoW Currency Conversions
8. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 18:02 Frijoles

I continue to play, as do a bunch of my friends. We all say the same thing, someday it will all be gone. All the money we've put in to it, all the items we've collected in a virtual world, all the time. It'll be gone someday. Won't be for a while, though. EQ is still up. And honestly, I don't care. I enjoy it. I don't cry when a movie ends (unless it was really good), despite having nothing to show for it. Feels the same with WoW. I play now to hang out with my online friends.  

2084 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo