Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2096 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrolls Next Week
2. Re: Scrolls Next Week May 27, 2013, 11:20 Frijoles

I'm wondering if this one will be on Steam.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wargaming's Open Source Support
2. Re: Wargaming's Open Source Support May 23, 2013, 11:19 Frijoles

Yep. World of Warplanes isn't fun at all and every match ends up being a game of tag. Doesn't really have much to do with this announcement though. At least they're spreading some wealth around.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround
3. Re: Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround May 16, 2013, 10:15 Frijoles

The first one also still looks good, so if you haven't tried it, give it a shot. But yeah, it's heavily scripted. I don't mind that. It's fun. I'm glad they fixed the shadows issue. They were driving me crazy. The AI in this one aren't as good as I had hoped. There was one instance where I walked around a corner and shot a light out without noticing a guard sitting right next to me. He didn't even move (gun isn't silenced and I wasn't sneaking). Still fun though stealthing around and slaughtering the room.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
24. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 11:58 Frijoles

Darks wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:33:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick and tired of 3D as a whole. They have ruined movies with this crap, you cant even go to the theaters and watch a good movie in Imax anymore without it being in 3D. And the 3D is not even that good.

Wrong 3D. They're not talking about actual 3D (like with Nvidia glasses). The UI is modeled in the game, not a flat 2D interface like most games have. They specifically give us an example:

The main reason for maintaining a fixed FOV is because we have 3D elements like the watch and weapon ammo that need to remain visible.

These are actual models in the game. Why they couldn't get that to work with an adjustable FOV, I don't know. But this has nothing to do with playing the game in 3D. The biggest bug I see in the game right now is that the shadows are flickery as hell.

News Comments > Among the Sleep Funded; Alpha Released
3. Re: Among the Sleep Funded; Alpha Released May 15, 2013, 00:08 Frijoles

That was a great demo. Towards the end there, I was clutching the bear. I hope they can keep that going for a whole game though. Also, I hope the head bob can be lowered a bit, especially if you're using a Rift.  

News Comments > Among the Sleep Funded; Alpha Released
2. Re: Among the Sleep Funded; Alpha Released May 14, 2013, 23:38 Frijoles

nin wrote on May 14, 2013, 19:50:
23K away from Rift support! Wallets open!

Already did! Looking forward to pissing my baby diaper.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
49. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 10:22 Frijoles

Anonymous wrote on May 14, 2013, 03:13:
I feel just as frustrated as you about the auto aim.

Luckily auto aim can be disabled in the config file.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
35. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 01:50 Frijoles

Nuhauser wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:34:
Wanting to hear more about the Radeon problems before I pick this up. I'm just running a lowly 6970, but that has been more than enough to run anything that's come out this year. Frijoles, have you tried running it in DX9 mode?

Turning down the settings helped a lot. It was at Very High with motion blur turned on. After I turned it to just High with no motion blur, it looks and behaves a lot better. There's still an occasional stutter, but not nearly as bad. And certainly doesn't make it unplayable.

So after an hour, I'm enjoying it. I really like the clean interface, and the first bit has a lot of stealth elements which I enjoy. Unscrewing lights, blowing out candles, etc. Light indicator on your watch (again, it tells local time, I just think that's cool). I do want FOV fixed (I can feel it), but I can play it as is.

30. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 00:48 Frijoles

So I just fired it up, and the game is lagging like a mother fucker. Anyone else having that issue? I'm on an AMD 7900 (something or other). Turning is just a stuttering mess. Feels blurry also, but I can't be certain.

And yeah, the FOV is making me ill. I doubt I can play this much until ti's fixed. Kinda disappointing. I preordered it since the previous one was so awesome. Didn't think they'd fuck it up. The intro movie has me interested.

Ranger mode has two modes under it (regular Ranger and Hardcore). Hardcore turns off all UI elements and makes things harder. Regular Ranger mode eliminates some of the UI and makes things harder as well, just not as hard as the other. One nice little feature of the UI, the dude's watch has local time on it (either that or I just happened to fire it up at the same exact time Steam was showing). I thought that was cool. Can't play though with it stuttering so much.

Edit: Got it fixed. Game set me to Very High settings and had motion blur on. I turned it off and lowered the settings a notch. That helped a lot. Now if I could fix the FOV and the 5 minute long (exaggerating) required intro video.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2013, 01:02.

News Comments > World of Tanks Lawsuit
6. Re: World of Tanks Lawsuit May 10, 2013, 12:18 Frijoles

canuck wrote on May 10, 2013, 11:47:
I play WoT all the time, it's a really fun game. I don't see how shortening the grind by 50% would make it any more fun. The grind is there so people learn how to play the tanks properly.

The grind to go from German SPG 5 to 6 is horrible. I can assure you, after dozens of matches (if not a hundred by this point), I know how to play an SPG. Same for a bunch of other tanks. The grind is absolutely horrible. And that's just the skill grind. You then have the money grind as well if you didn't drop $50 for a premium money-making tank.

Part of the issue is that if you lose, you just wasted 10 minutes. The xp gain for a loss can barely be called a gain. And a loss will a lot of times cost you silver.

I enjoy the game, but only for a few weeks at a time. When I get the itch to play, I grab the premium membership and play it for a few weeks. But yeah, I wish the grind was about 50% less.

News Comments > World of Tanks Lawsuit
3. Re: World of Tanks Lawsuit May 10, 2013, 10:22 Frijoles

According to Polygon, the companies "copied the plot,

Wut? What plot? You mean WW2? Also, yeah.. good luck.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 22:40 Frijoles

ledhead1969 wrote on May 8, 2013, 22:27:
I've never even heard of Skylanders.

Take a walk through an elementary school/playground. It's everywhere. I bought it for my 6 year old. I can see the appeal, and if I had more time, I'd play it when he's in bed. Although he's more interested in Minecraft. That makes me happy.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 00:32 Frijoles

"The player must go to Cold Harbor" ... and kill 10 daedric bodyguards followed by the boss (who shall have three phases). Along the way, you must also gather various shit.

Actually it looks good. I don't have high hopes for it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:09 Frijoles

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 15:00:
No, buy something worth paying for. [Edit] Seriously, $15 for that indie crap? SHOVELWARE.

Monaco's multiplayer has gotten good reviews everywhere I read about it. Dunno about the single player though (if it has one). Mars War Logs reviews have been "meh", so I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

News Comments > Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes
3. Re: Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes Apr 25, 2013, 22:12 Frijoles

I was going to back this on Kickstarter, but there was no Amazon payment option. Kinda sad to see it vanish.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed
8. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 12:01 Frijoles

I didn't hate Elemental: WoM like a lot of others, but it's hard to deny it was shit. Since I've now gotten both Fallen Enchantress and this one for free, I guess I can forgive them. Looking forward to trying this tonight.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
2. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 10:54 Frijoles

yuastnav wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 10:38:
Divine Cybermancy was good, really good. It goes on sale every now and again and people should pick it up and give it a try.

I've tried a few times. The interface is an immediate turnoff. And not knowing wtf to do didn't help. I remember two things from this game. 1) walking a fuck ton trying to find something to do. 2) having endless enemy spawns as I try to figure out where I'm doing.

I have a friend that loves the game. It's not for me though.

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
6. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 10:21 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:13:
it looks like Unity is "good enough, and multi-platform"... so other engine developers (Epic, etc.) may become obsolete, or have to drastically reduce their prices to other AAA shops that don't have their own internally built engine.

I haven't used UDK, but I believe both Unity and UDK are the largest two at the moment. Unity is $1500 for a pro license. UDK is free if you make under a certain amount per year (like $50k). After that they charge royalties. From what I've heard, Unity is easier to use and UDK looks better.

I found it surprising that even Blizzard is using Unity for their upcoming card game.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
17. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 16:04 Frijoles

LgFriess wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:58:
Thinking that it will suck a large chunk of subs from WoW, when do you release a product and not kill the existing cash cow. Or will Titan be so different, they won't pull many WoW subs. They'll have to time it to catch WoW on the way down.

My guess (hope) is that they basically give you access to both WoW and Titan for the same monthly price using that yearly-contract thing they did. That came with a free copy of D3, so I could see them doing something similar to get people to renew it.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
9. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 15:08 Frijoles

Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:44:
$175 USD? WTF? Most Cons are like fifty or a hundo and these dipshits are charging as much as... $500 goddamned dollars!?!??

And it still sells out in hours, if not minutes.

2096 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo