Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2096 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
1. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 10:04 Frijoles

RIP Dota 2 Dispenser.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
7. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 9, 2013, 23:34 Frijoles

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 22:25:
hype to peak the LoL crowd interest... still cant see how people play this kind of app.. its about as much as a "game" as it is a waterpik.

You can tell who hasn't played it. Also, LoL people already know about it. Changing a string of text from "Beta" to "Release" isn't going to push them over the edge.

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
16. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 15:18 Frijoles

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 14:47:
I felt like it was only short if you made a beeline to the main quest missions. Do the sidequests, explore a bit, play a minigame, do the races, etc. and it's actually pretty lengthy for a shooter -- my initial play through time was 20 hours, much longer than any other modern shooter.

Weird, I show I played it for 14 hours. I wonder why it felt short to me. That's actually a decent length. I did skip most of the car stuff, though. I think I'll grab the DLC during the Steam sale. Supposedly that's around 10 hours in length.

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
13. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 13:41 Frijoles

I also enjoyed Rage. Way too short though. And I could do without the driving fluff. Just give me some maps to crawl through with lots of atmosphere.  

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
14. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 11:59 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 10:54:
but I have to confess Ive never heard of Darkspore before today.

It was an okay game. Steam says I played it for 4 hours. I abandoned it long before EA did. And yeah, it's a single player game online. The game play was a cross between Diablo and Pokemon, set in space. If it still worked, $1.50 would be a good price.

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
16. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 28, 2013, 23:57 Frijoles

Fletch wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 21:46:
Pretty awesome-looking, and I was very happy to see it is a PC game, and that they are using that fact to promote it. Then I got to 5:25 of the video...

Fuck you, Chris Roberts.

You don't like details in games? Or more likely, the 3rd-person/ship follow-cam? There's a first-person view also from the cockpit. Looks like he was showing that to demonstrate the thrusters.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 28, 2013, 23:38 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 22:31:
Your bank PW needs to be secure. Most other sites, not so much.

Sadly, my bank's password requirements are worse than most game websites. For a while (luckily they changed it), they REQUIRED it be a specific length.. something stupid like 6 - 10 chars. When asked about an authenticator, they gave a generic "Our site is super-secure, srsly" email.

I've decided that the more important a website is, the worse their password policy is.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Kickstarter
2. Re: Satellite Reign Kickstarter Jun 28, 2013, 10:23 Frijoles

Wish they could use Amazon like 90% of the other Kickstarters. I realize it has to do with the currency, I just don't want to give my credit card info out to more places. I'll grab it when they release.  

News Comments > Steam Workshop Royalties Expand
1. Re: Steam Workshop Royalties Expand Jun 27, 2013, 14:48 Frijoles

Awesome. Now I have to figure out how to code some tools.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jun 26, 2013, 22:26 Frijoles

Valve added support for the Oculus Rift in the latest SDK update. Should hopefully get a bunch of new native content without the use of 3rd party drivers. Now if my damn unit would get through customs so I could try it.  

News Comments > Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint?
8. Re: Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint? Jun 24, 2013, 12:39 Frijoles

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 11:45:
Is there a max size to the steam inventory?

Dota2 Dispenser Bot has 42k Dota2 keys, so the inventory size is at least that big. It's a bot someone made to give or take keys, so it has a ton.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 17:02 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:47:
I am REALLY looking forward to Planetary Annihilation. Hope it makes it to a more reasonably-priced beta soon.

Thought they said beta was in September. I could be completely wrong though. Also, as awesome as Greenlight is, I can't say I'm really motivated to back a game if it's just going to show up there later. I don't really care about a forum avatar or whatever else they offer. Typically I back more for Kickstarter so I can get a beta copy. There's zero reason to kickstart (for me) if games also release on Greenlight.

News Comments > Skulls Of The Shogun & Windows 8 Follow-up
8. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 20, 2013, 12:50 Frijoles

Hindsight is 20/20 so knowing what he now knows, what would he have done differently? I personally would like to go back in time and kick myself in the balls. Id just like to have that year and a half of my life back.

At least they are acknowledging the mistake. Hopefully other indies take note. I'll give it a fair look over and consider purchasing it.

News Comments > Dota 2 This Summer
8. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 17, 2013, 12:30 Frijoles

Devinoch wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 12:23:
that doesn't mean all sports games are awful.

Yes it does. And they are.

News Comments > Dota 2 This Summer
5. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 17, 2013, 11:19 Frijoles

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:18:
I'll never understand what people see in this genre.

I started playing quite a bit about a month ago. I found a character I really enjoy (Riki) and imported a guide for him. That helped a ton (tells you what to buy and when to level skills). The first 6 or 7 levels of every game is pretty much identical. After that, though, the games change. With so many different hero units, every game is very different. And I'm at a point where I'm starting to look at other chars since I feel like I've got Riki figured out.

BUT, I only play co-op bots. The bot playing community seems rather relaxed and out of the 50 or so matches I've played, I've only had one or two people that were acting like dicks. And even they weren't that bad compared to games against other players. On easy-mode bots (which I play when I want an easy match), there are a lot of new players. The community is usually pretty friendly at that level and offers a lot of support.

If you're reason for hating Dota is the community, I'd try that. If you just hate the game, well.. not much I can suggest there. Maybe a different Hero.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:51 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 21:34:
I bought Mass Effect 3 last night for $4.75 at GMG. That is about all I'm willing to pay for having to put up with Origin, regardless of how good the game in question is.

Stop tempting me! My EA boycott has held together this long. I don't need these $5 temptations! but I want them so much

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:46 Frijoles

coldbricksNZ wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:16:
How about Witcher 2?

Anyone got a recommendation?

I don't finish many games.... Witcher 2 I finished. Great game. As others said, it's hard at first. The controls are difficult to get the hang of (especially if you didn't play the first). But once you've got the clicks down, it's pretty smooth and a fun ride. They did a fantastic job with it.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended
5. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 4, 2013, 22:30 Frijoles

Would have loved to kickstart this, but it seemed too shady. Kinda sucks. I really enjoyed Eternal Darkness.  

News Comments > Wargaming Unifies Accounts
1. Re: Wargaming Unifies Accounts May 30, 2013, 22:33 Frijoles

Interesting. My account stopped working when I signed in to World of Warplanes. I wonder if this had something to do with it. Wargaming did jack and shit to help, even after I gave them the transaction IDs for various gold purchases over the last couple of years. Maybe it'll happily fix itself with this change.

Then I can tell 'em to fuck off via their shitty support ticket system. *bitter*

Edit: hahaha, it did fix it. OMG. I'm so conflicted now. Write nasty ticket or shoot tanks. Sure as hell not giving them anymore money.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2013, 22:38.

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
11. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 17:12 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:47:
A Blood Dragon approach would have bought many more on board

Getting rid of Origin would bring some on board also. At least one anyway. Although since it sounds like SP was fairly short, I'm not sure I'd buy it at this point unless it was on a good sale.

2096 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo