Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2065 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 22:40 Frijoles

ledhead1969 wrote on May 8, 2013, 22:27:
I've never even heard of Skylanders.

Take a walk through an elementary school/playground. It's everywhere. I bought it for my 6 year old. I can see the appeal, and if I had more time, I'd play it when he's in bed. Although he's more interested in Minecraft. That makes me happy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 3, 2013, 00:32 Frijoles

"The player must go to Cold Harbor" ... and kill 10 daedric bodyguards followed by the boss (who shall have three phases). Along the way, you must also gather various shit.

Actually it looks good. I don't have high hopes for it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 16:09 Frijoles

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 15:00:
No, buy something worth paying for. [Edit] Seriously, $15 for that indie crap? SHOVELWARE.

Monaco's multiplayer has gotten good reviews everywhere I read about it. Dunno about the single player though (if it has one). Mars War Logs reviews have been "meh", so I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

News Comments > Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes
3. Re: Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes Apr 25, 2013, 22:12 Frijoles

I was going to back this on Kickstarter, but there was no Amazon payment option. Kinda sad to see it vanish.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed
8. Re: Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes Next Month; Specs Revealed Apr 23, 2013, 12:01 Frijoles

I didn't hate Elemental: WoM like a lot of others, but it's hard to deny it was shit. Since I've now gotten both Fallen Enchantress and this one for free, I guess I can forgive them. Looking forward to trying this tonight.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC
2. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Apr 23, 2013, 10:54 Frijoles

yuastnav wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 10:38:
Divine Cybermancy was good, really good. It goes on sale every now and again and people should pick it up and give it a try.

I've tried a few times. The interface is an immediate turnoff. And not knowing wtf to do didn't help. I remember two things from this game. 1) walking a fuck ton trying to find something to do. 2) having endless enemy spawns as I try to figure out where I'm doing.

I have a friend that loves the game. It's not for me though.

News Comments > Project Eternity Environment Trailer
6. Re: Project Eternity Environment Trailer Apr 10, 2013, 10:21 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:13:
it looks like Unity is "good enough, and multi-platform"... so other engine developers (Epic, etc.) may become obsolete, or have to drastically reduce their prices to other AAA shops that don't have their own internally built engine.

I haven't used UDK, but I believe both Unity and UDK are the largest two at the moment. Unity is $1500 for a pro license. UDK is free if you make under a certain amount per year (like $50k). After that they charge royalties. From what I've heard, Unity is easier to use and UDK looks better.

I found it surprising that even Blizzard is using Unity for their upcoming card game.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
17. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 16:04 Frijoles

LgFriess wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:58:
Thinking that it will suck a large chunk of subs from WoW, when do you release a product and not kill the existing cash cow. Or will Titan be so different, they won't pull many WoW subs. They'll have to time it to catch WoW on the way down.

My guess (hope) is that they basically give you access to both WoW and Titan for the same monthly price using that yearly-contract thing they did. That came with a free copy of D3, so I could see them doing something similar to get people to renew it.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
9. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 15:08 Frijoles

Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:44:
$175 USD? WTF? Most Cons are like fifty or a hundo and these dipshits are charging as much as... $500 goddamned dollars!?!??

And it still sells out in hours, if not minutes.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2013, 09:44 Frijoles

No problem with Metro 2033 here either. Hell I had it running in 3D mode without issue. Awesome game. I can't wait for the next one.  

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
1. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 15:03 Frijoles

DAoC was awesome, but with how often an MMO fails to deliver, funding one doesn't appeal to me. Still, I hope it works out for them.

Edit: fuck it. I have no will power. I just hope it's as fun as DAoC was.

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2013, 15:26.

News Comments > Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo
7. Re: Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo Mar 28, 2013, 12:02 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 11:05:
did anyone look at the children faces in Bioshock Infinite? My.. FUCKING, God. That is the most horrible animation and facial design for children EVER.

I thought all the NPC models and animations, with exception of Elizabeth, were pretty bad. At least they're easy to ignore, what with them barely interacting with the player.

News Comments > Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo
2. Re: Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo Mar 28, 2013, 09:41 Frijoles

Eyes are still creepy. Great job on the skin though.  

News Comments > Dawn of Fantasy Dawns Next Week
2. Re: Dawn of Fantasy Dawns Next Week Mar 27, 2013, 09:49 Frijoles

It does look cool. Anyone know if it's a PvP shitfest? I've tried a few browser-based MMOish RTS games and they always come down to the largest guilds/groups killing everyone they can for no particular reason.  

News Comments > Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced
8. Re: Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Announced Mar 26, 2013, 16:08 Frijoles

Techie714 wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:27:
I dont know about you guys but I'm so tired of these 8bit games that have been coming out lately.

My thought is that they've always been coming out, not just lately. It's just that we're seeing more and more of them because of Steam and Kickstarter. In the past, a game with graphics like this would just be buried somewhere unless it hit a certain popularity.

I'm in the same boat, though. Although I grew up on games that looked like this, it's hard to get in to them these days. I'm glad they're being made and enjoyed (presumably), but they're not for me.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
5. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 11:19 Frijoles

That was over before I could even click the full screen button.  

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
25. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 17:16 Frijoles

StarForge was interesting, but full of suck when I tried it last year. I remember looking in to it further, and the people that had pre-ordered were still stuck on a fairly old build. Videos of the game would show one thing while the players were given another.

I wonder if they'll do more frequent updates here on Steam. It looks like a ton of fun.

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
5. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 10:30 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:12:
I just thought of something, survival horror shooters are never going to be the same again with this thing.....

A lot of us are hoping for support with Amnesia. Although I will most likely lock my door should I play it. I don't want family members sneaking up on me.

If the hat is tradeable, it'll probably go for more than the Rift itself.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
32. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 16:55 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 15:27:
"Ready enough for trade shows" != "ready enough for the public to get the full game."

I don't think Carmack has said why they delayed it working in BFG, but the idea going around is that the dev version is quite a bit different than the unit they've been showing at shows. It's got a larger display for starters, with the overlap between the lenses different. Also has a new tracking system. And there's still no official SDK yet. In fact, they've been showing the dev kit version of the glasses, but having people use the prototype to play with it. When asked, they said their dev mockup wasn't quite there yet.

Most likely he didn't have enough time to tweak it to work correctly on the new dev glasses.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
4. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 10:41 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 10:10:
NVM I just went to their site and read up on it a bit. Looks really awesome, so when will this be in stores? Am I right in assuming only developers will be able to purchase/licence this initially?

You can still buy the developer version from their website. It'll be a few months before it arrives though. The kickstarter backers should be getting theirs very very soon (rumor is that they're shipping the first batch this week). Consumer version is supposed to come out end of this year or next.

2065 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo