Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2086 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
2. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 17:28 Frijoles

And now I expect they will start slandering each other further. The circle is complete.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 22, 2013, 15:42 Frijoles

siapnar wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 15:35:
I didn't make it past the first battle I was so unimpressed.

The battles get a LOT more involved as you unlock more skills. It always takes me a bit to get back in to the Witcher controls, but eventually it comes more natural and isn't bad. But that initial hour or so is always a struggle while everything destroys me.

Turn the difficulty down (if you can, I can't remember) and then raise it back up after you get the hang of things. I believe I went with combat skills on my main play through. I'd suggest that or magic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2013, 09:25 Frijoles

FF14 was turned around. Still an MMO, but pretty fun. Sold out everywhere too, but they just turned digital downloads back on.  

News Comments > Warhammer Online Ends in December
5. Re: Warhammer Online Ends in December Sep 18, 2013, 22:42 Frijoles

Can't believe it's been 8 years and that they held on for that long. I thank them for bringing us Public Quests (I don't recall any before that). Wish the game had done better.  

News Comments > Godus Early Access
7. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 15, 2013, 16:04 Frijoles

Agree with others about the Carpal Tunnel. I'd like to see an automated way to collect the bubbles. Perhaps have a unit walk around and collect it so it works slowly, and then let us click if we need an immediate infusion of .. whatever it is. I like the card stuff as well.

What I don't like is how long the start of the game is. If the only thing I can do at the start is play with the dirt to build more houses, it gets boring. I also have no idea what some stuff is. For example, clicking a unit does a green +100. What the hell is that? What does a flag mean, other than I can knock on the door and have them come out to build something?

Definitely see potential in it. I don't mind the graphics. The sidebar thing could use some improvement (can't scroll wheel through it, and I'd like to filter out things I can't afford/cast yet). But so far it looks interesting.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 09:49 Frijoles

Axis wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 09:45:
Wish I could get into these types of games. They look epic but just not my thing.

Same here. I love the base-building RTS games, but can't seem to get in to the unit-management only games. And yet for some reason, I continue to buy them on Steam sales.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction
2. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:45 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:43:
And Dirty Bomb would have been better because people like it dirty.

Hard to search for your game's name when the NSA keeps showing up for questioning.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 14:27 Frijoles

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:53:
I can't get into the trial. I have a Guild Wars account and I clicked the option to link Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but it says only one account per email address is allowed and I just have one email.

Email them. I had a similar problem. It took a bit of back and forth with them, but they finally linked my emails for me.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 09:43 Frijoles

I'm playing, more or less. I have no fancy armors. My largest box is 12 slots. I'm out of boosters. I should buy another copy and start over with the goodies.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
17. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 09:50 Frijoles

The cinematic looked nice at least.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
1. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 09:44 Frijoles

Someone has kidnapped the real EA. I hope "we're adding our older games to Steam" is the next announcement.  

News Comments > Battle.net Desktop App Beta
5. Re: Battle.net Desktop App Beta Aug 14, 2013, 23:56 Frijoles

LaxerFL wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 23:41:
One program to launch 3 games I don't want to play? Hell yeah, sign me up!

4 games. Hearthstone will have it. Should have chat someday also, but not yet. I can see it as somewhat useful since it lets you bypass the login screen for 30 days. Dunno if I want it always running just for that though.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Countdown
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Countdown Aug 13, 2013, 12:30 Frijoles

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:32:
With the stupid 'killing monsters' tag line it's probably a browser game tie-in or something like that.

This is my guess. Didn't they do this with their last Witcher browser game?

News Comments > Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR
29. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 9, 2013, 10:05 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:55:
My main concern health wise is eye strain.

It causes your eyes to focus at infinity; it's very relaxing. When it comes to eye strain, it's actually better than a monitor. As for sweating, I only start sweating if I get motion sickness, which means it's time to take it off. Doesn't happen as much anymore, but when I first got it I could only make it about 5 - 10 minutes. My IPD is also smaller than average, so the focus isn't real great which adds to the sickness. They're supposedly going to put the eye cups on sliders to address that.

As for the weight, it's not very heavy. I can use it an hour without any problem. My headphones are probably about the same weight. One of the issues is wires. There's so god dammed many of them. 1 for Rift, 1 for headset, 2 for Hydra, 1 for mouse.

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
84. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 23:07 Frijoles

fujiJuice wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 22:39:
I wouldn't have an issue wearing it in front of my wife, however I would be extremely hesitant to wear it around strangers, just because you have no idea what is going on outside the VR. I don't foresee that situation arising much though, at least for me.

I was playing Doom a couple nights ago with mine on, and my wife came in to say goodnight. She didn't know what to do, so she just leaned down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. In Doom I was killing a room of demon jumping things. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and I was seriously freaked out. I told her not to do that ever again. I can't imagine using it with asshole roommates. Not without a lock on the door anyway.

Also, if you are farsighted, you're fine. If you're nearsighted, you can switch to the B or C cups and hope they work. They _say_ you can wear glasses in it, but I don't see how. They nearly touch my eyes at the farthest setting and I have no glasses. Hopefully they increase the distance slightly for the consumer version, as well as letting us change the physical IPD of the cups.

53. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 15:55 Frijoles

MindStalker3 wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 15:45:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 15:20:
What makes Rift different to other VR headsets we've seen come and go over the years? Is it just hype? Because it was a kickstarter?

Honestly, its just the first to try at a reasonable price with modern display technology.

This. Other systems are thousands of dollars. They also usually require their own interface/cables/etc. The Rift just goes over a regular HDMI cable and the output has some shaders applied. It's fairly easy, which is why people are able to update older games to use it. And it does it for very cheap. The Rift wouldn't exist without the mobile market trying to one up each other.

45. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 13:42 Frijoles

Bring over Michael Abrash (from Valve) next. That'd be a winning team.  

10. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 11:50 Frijoles

Very awesome news. With how quiet he has been lately with regards to Oculus, some of were wondering if there had been a falling out. Glad to see this was the plan.

Also, Doom BFG is pretty damn awesome with the Rift. First time a game has actually made me feel uneasy (in a scared way).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Divinity: Dragon Commander
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Divinity: Dragon Commander Aug 6, 2013, 22:55 Frijoles

Kickstarted the other game and got this one with it. However, Steam was showing Beta still. If anyone has the same issue, login to Larian's website. Under the kickstarter tab you can find a key to the full game (Steam, GOG and I think directly from them). Kinda disappointed they didn't include the single player part in the beta, but meh. Looks fun and it's not like there's a shortage of games while waiting for it.

Now to finish the 12 gig download.

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
18. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 16:59 Frijoles

Soulburner wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 16:33:
I loved Rage and would very much like to play a Rage 2.

Dunno if loved it, but I enjoyed it enough. For Rage 2, they need to get rid of the damn invisible walls though and make the shooting bits more open. Maybe spend some time making a few more enemies to shoot at. And the story could use some improvement. I really don't know why I bothered helping people in Rage. They were all assholes.

Basically take Rage 2 and make it like Fallout 3.

2086 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo