Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2162 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warframe Double Credit Weekend
3. Re: Warframe Double Credit Weekend Feb 20, 2015, 20:53 Frijoles

I haven't played since last year. Guess this is a good time to have another look. I was into it pretty heavily when it first came out, but other games pushed it down the list.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
6. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 12:03 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 11:10:
In my opinion:
This content update is simply a band-aid, short term fix to give players something to do since they've had nothing new to do since hitting 100 after a couple days. If you're coming in to it now, you'll get more out of it but for those who have been 100 since before Highmaul, it's incredibly weak to the point of being a farce. At least Pandaria had dailies and the Timeless Isle to get players out and about but they seem to think that this new S.E.L.F.I.E. camera junk will have the same impact.

I really enjoyed WoD as an expansion, but this right here. If you've been playing a while, hitting 100 gets pretty boring pretty quick. The garrison was a great idea, but god damn is it getting tedious (I don't even bother with it anymore). And it's completely destroyed the gathering economy.

The new LFR that just opened last night is a god awful mess, more so than usual. Dunno how normal/mythic is, but doing the Furnace last night was a light show of "wtf is going on". I really feel no connection at all to the world because I hide in my garrison along with everyone else.

I think it's just time for a break. Have to do that every year or so for a few months.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
1. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 17:44 Frijoles

I don't have much hope, but they have my attention. Looks interesting, and I need some D&D.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings Feb 11, 2015, 09:50 Frijoles

What they need are maps. More heroes is interesting, but I'm not going to level that many heroes. I've settled on one I like and I'll probably stick to that one and just occasionally try others. But maps... one of the key differences between this and DOTA is the map rotation. I hope they come out with a new map at least every couple of months or so, otherwise they may get a bit boring.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
4. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:14 Frijoles

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:21:
anyone want to chime in on the game? 13 of those in my friends list r playing, prez and vince over 30 hours. anyone post about it and i missed it?

Very predictable story. Most of the zombies are just an annoyance, even after an hour in to the game. The larger zombies are easy to avoid (except the spitting zombies, fuck them). Night starts off pretty difficult, but you soon learn how to avoid the stronger zombies. Plus flares are everywhere (flare = portable safe zone).

Humans can be a bit harder to kill, but they're really not that difficult either. Just toss a molotov at them. The real threat is falling to your death.

I put 22 hours in to the game and focused primarily on the main story (with a few hours for side stuff). Levels come too slowly, but I found new gear all the time. Upgrades on gear was a bit pointless though since the game slowly increases the damage you get from found items. There's also the typical "let's take all his weapons away" parts, which I hated. And the end boss fight was crap.

Overall I enjoyed it. There's a lot of different ways to kill zombies, and that's fun. Certainly not game of the year though. I think $30 would have been a good price.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
6. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 15:39 Frijoles

So $80 for the full game ($30 for the cheapest DLC). Makes me wonder why they didn't release at $30 and put some DLC up in a month for another $50.  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
3. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 12:12 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 12:08:
And I have to admit that visually the demo does not look good. It looks like it's already a decade old.

Maybe they're following the visual style of Shroud of the Avatar. That is, make it look like shit for some reason or another.

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
22. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 17:31 Frijoles

They also say the new owners still plan on releasing EverQuest Next as planned, though it sounds like supporting PCs is a low priority going forward

Going forward, SOE/Daybreak is low priority for me. Everquest Next looked kinda neat, too. Big ol' pass now.

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
9. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 13:01 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 12:21:
Is StarCitizen now the most profitable game never made?

WoW has probably made a few bucks.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
2. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 14:58 Frijoles

Nor would they get business again. I bought mine from GMG and have never had an issue with keys from there. But one slip-up like this and I'd never purchase from there again.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2015, 00:22 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:37:
Grey Goo is quite a competent RTS by the way, very nice campaign FANTASTIC CGI characters and a sort of decent story.

The voice acting is well done as well. Unfortunately the campaign sounds a bit short at 15 maps. I think I just finished scenario #4. The units are interesting. At map 4, I had a "I didn't know they could do that!" moment. Not sure if it's worth the $50 yet, but so far I'm enjoying it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
8. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 16:15 Frijoles

Game is a lot of fun with the Rift. It's too bad they didn't finish that off. It's very close, but some things aren't quite there. Still a lot of fun though.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 09:34 Frijoles

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 22:18:
I bought H1Z1, but can't play it because you can't even remap your controls. ?!?!?!?!?!? *facepalm*

Pretty sure you can edit one of the .xml files to rebind keys. I saw a post about it somewhere while I was looking in to the game.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
17. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 18:04 Frijoles

Clever Caviar wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 15:53:
Any reason why Alien Isolation gets no nods at all?

Not enough wheels greased. I like that you can tell what games they played since most of the lists look almost the same.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Trailer
2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Trailer Jan 13, 2015, 21:00 Frijoles

This game has been getting some positive reviews lately. I stopped playing it back shortly after launch because I couldn't find any quests to progress my character. Didn't care to sit around waiting for those group quests to pop up. Anyone still playing it that can chime in on the state of the game these days?

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Escape from Durgesh Prison DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 11:02 Frijoles

Things I don't want in a Far Cry 4 DLC: Timed shit, multiplayer shit, no guns.

Things I DO want in a Far Cry 4 DLC: New fortress to assault, one that actually is hard. And huge. We're talking a massive mountain base where I can't just snipe people off one by one from a mile away until I win.

"Be careful, Ajay! You're near a fortress and may require help!" Clearly the Golden Path is full of imbeciles who can't shoot straight.

News Comments > Not Even One "M" in Square Enix MMOGs
2. Re: Not Even One Jan 2, 2015, 10:18 Frijoles

Was thinking of signing back up to FF:XIV. It's been getting some good comments on various forums lately, and my WoW itch has been satisfied.  

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
9. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 11:58 Frijoles

Necrophob wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 11:32:
Change your pw regularly, use randomly generated pw, use keypass, and keep the keypass datafile on a usb (pw wallets are the new target).

I lose USB drives weekly it seems. I hope some day I find where they're all going. It'll be like finding a treasure.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Mannpower Mode Beta Dec 23, 2014, 10:47 Frijoles

I really miss the grappling hook from Quake, so this sounds interesting to me. I'll have to dust off my hats and give this a shot.  

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
5. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 17, 2014, 17:45 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:29:
they really burned a lot of people with that Draconian DRM they are using.

I won't buy #2 because I can't play #1 due to constant crashing. The game is a piece of shit. If that's the DRM, they should remove that shit. WTF do they think Steam is? Bah! Pretty fun for 45 minutes. They just released a patch yesterday or so. I'm hoping it fixed some of the issues.

2162 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo