Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2043 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 9, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

Wildstar has the worst spam of any MMO I've ever played. And I played ESO, so that's saying a lot. No way that I can see to easily report spammers, either (needs a right-click option in my mail). I kind of wonder why MMOs aren't able to more easily ban spam. Seems like it'd be an easy problem to solve (this email just went to 50 people and has a URL in it, better flag it for review).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
5. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 13:00 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 11:58:
Moving and aiming takes some getting used to. It could be more responsive.

I couldn't fly worth shit. Broke out the joystick that I haven't touched in five years (surprised it still works), but every time I try to aim, I overshoot the target. Switched to mouse/keyboard and it was worse. The game needs a "I see you can't fly" option. Just didn't feel good. I did enjoy the graphics though.

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
11. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 15:43 Frijoles

I just unlocked housing in the game this morning. My character is so poor now. And the last few hours are a blur. Oh lordy, I'm playing Barbie's Dream House instead of questing. What has become of me?

Seriously, A+ on the housing in this game.

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Jun 2, 2014, 11:50 Frijoles

Getting the new one for my kid (and for me) for his birthday. Apparently you get a free game if you register it with Nintendo. Gonna have some Windwaker fun too.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2014, 01:23 Frijoles

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 00:08:
Wolfenstein is a must buy for any FPS gamer. That Shotgun baby!

Screw the shotgun. Give me the fully upgraded laser cutter and a fresh charge. Don't even have to aim it!

Wolf Spoiler:

The ending of Wolf made me sad. I'm hoping the helicopters heard (after credits?) meant something.

News Comments > 75 New Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 75 New Steam Greenlights May 28, 2014, 20:55 Frijoles

Wallshadows wrote on May 28, 2014, 19:41:
Taking bets on how many will be redacted due to false advertising by the developer.

Was thinking this exact same thing.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Login Issues
7. Re: Watch Dogs Login Issues May 27, 2014, 21:21 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on May 27, 2014, 21:14:
Uhhh... people weren't smart enough to immediately go into uplay's offline mode after activation? That's what I did for Far Cry 3.

Do the online "invasion" things (whatever they're called) work if it's in offline mode? Or is that just UPlay that goes offline while leaving Watch Dogs online?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 17:25 Frijoles

Game is fun and I'm enjoying it. There are a few annoying things though:

• The AI is crap. I backstabbed a dog standing right next to an NPC. If that wasn't bad enough, the NPC turned around and walked right past me killing his pet. I turned around and backstabbed him. Backstabbing makes you invisible I guess.

• The first car scene drove THROUGH an NPC. The NPC just kept on patrolling.

• The big mech guys are dumb as bricks and get stuck.

• The non-stealth approach is shit also, IMO. If you kill someone, all his buddies have ESP and know about it. Then an alarm is triggered and EVERYONE knows where you are. I've yet to actually cancel an alarm (they sure as hell don't time out). Usually I just reload the game and stealth in.

And every once in a while, an NPC acts like a zombie and walks right to me no matter where I am. I assume this is to teach me something, like the use of a new weapon. It's a really stupid way to do it. They don't shoot, they don't set off alarms, they just walk slowly up to you holding a baton and try to beat you. Breaks my immersion every time.

ASIDE from those issues and a few other minor ones, I'm having fun. I am enjoying the story and the characters, and I actually plan on finishing the game. Something I rarely do.

News Comments > Metro Redux Announced
    9. Re: Metro Redux Announced May 22, 2014, 23:22 Frijoles

Just finished Last Light over the weekend. I loved the atmosphere and story. I also hated the "stand here and defend" parts (kept running out of ammo). Mask parts weren't a big deal since I was finding filters every time I turned around.

Anyway, I'm interested in the AI and what changes they made. I basically just hid in the shadows and sniped them off one by one.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
    26. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

commonperson wrote on May 22, 2014, 08:05:
    DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2014, 03:30:
    Maybe but even with the advances they've made with the technology all I seem to read is how it is fatiguing to use for any length of time.

There are a ton of developer and semi-public events here in Toronto. All of the people who've used the latest iteration have said these problems have been resolved.

I've heard the same thing. And since I get sick in the DK1 within about 10 minutes, I'll be a good test case for DK2. Will find out in July, I hope.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
    12. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 01:35 Frijoles

So I managed to get it running (updated the AMD drivers). Works now. Lots of in-game cut scenes in the first 30 min (no quicktime events so far). Need to get some sleep, but I'm enjoying what I saw. Not to spoil, but the "enemies" you see at the very start are impressive (what they are, not how they fight). On that note, don't play on the default setting. It's really fucking easy. Bump it up a notch.

So far so good.

10. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 00:54 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on May 20, 2014, 00:34:
    It's a 40+ gig download, I hear.

Yep, it is. Also, game crashes on startup for me (and others). Wondering if it's a dual-monitor issue.. again. QA departments should at least have one system with 2+ monitors. That'd be great.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
    4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer May 20, 2014, 00:36 Frijoles

I hope the AI/Combat isn't shit. If I'm surrounded by half a dozen enemies, they shouldn't take turns to fight. They should all try to gang-bang me or back off and use arrows. Looking forward to some Let's Play on this one though.  

8. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 00:31 Frijoles

I pre-ordered for the hat. Jester I don't even play TF2 anymore. I have no self control.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
    6. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 13, 2014, 22:18 Frijoles

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:06:
    Does anyone here have experience with this site? It was linked from kinguin.us

I've never tried that site, but you can usually get close to that price using GreenManGaming and a coupon. They always have coupons, a lot of times for 30% off.

News Comments > On Sale
    8. Re: On Sale May 12, 2014, 00:02 Frijoles

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 11, 2014, 20:28:
    the point of Doom3 BFG is 3D support.

Has Oculus support too (with a patch). My favorite Oculus game. Can't wait to play it with DK2 (after they hopefully add the positional tracking).

News Comments > Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer
    8. Re: Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer May 8, 2014, 12:19 Frijoles

Looking forward to this! I got my game stable and realized all my time was going to maintaining my farms. No real risk of starving. Got kinda bored after that. I had fun at the start though.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
    9. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 12:17 Frijoles

Holy shit, a real open beta! I don't even have to Like +1 Thumbs Up anything! WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD?!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
    24. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 23:28 Frijoles

Fantaz wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:19:
    we all knew this was coming... UE4 engine needs a killer app from Epic Games, and the game industry already exhausted all new game IP/design ideas. everything's already been done.

I have no doubt a killer app will be coming in UE4. That engine is wonderful. There's probably quite a few shitty apps coming too though.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
    19. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:36 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:04:
    Wonder if Zenimax realizes that they just entered a PR minefield that could lead to massive backlash against the company itself....

I doubt they care.

Considering how anti-patent Carmack is, I wonder if that's what we're talking about or if we're talking about copyright. His tweet suggests patent, in which case I wouldn't be surprised at all if his contract with ZeniMax specifically states no patents. The guy threatened to quit iD over them.

2043 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo