Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2098 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
5. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 11:11 Frijoles

The Star Trek copyright holders must be getting low on cash for hookers and blow.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 09:42 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 07:45:
The first time I tried State of Decay, i felt the same way. You have to stick it out through the dinky tutorial area and (unfortunately) some more tutorial-type quests after that before it really opens up. Still, though, it does get too repetitive after a while.

Running over a mob of zombies in your truck never gets old. 7 Days to Die has been in the top list for a while now. Sounds like it's time to pick it up. I enjoyed State of Decay, but always wanted more from the base building part.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 6, 2014, 23:19 Frijoles

Fantaz wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 22:51:
i think Samsung's Gear VR with Note 4 will be better than the Oculus Rift because it will be 1440p compared to 1080p. i just wonder if Gear VR can hook up to a computer or not...

Rift CV1 will be a minimum of 1440p. They've said so multiple times, going so far as to say "minimum" (as in, could be higher). The Note 4 version won't hit 90fps either, something they're targeting with CV1. If the Note 4 + Gear weren't so expensive, I'd consider getting one for playing around, but that's at tad high.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 6, 2014, 20:46 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 18:18:
Oculus Rift
$400: Fully unlocked. Doesn't require Facebook.

I'd pay the $400. Elite Dangerous is incredibly fun with it. I can't play it anymore without my Rift (pushing a button to mouse look is annoying). No motion sickness at all, either. Too bad getting it to run is a pain in the ass still.

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
5. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 12:55 Frijoles

Dammit. I didn't want to join another MMO. Now to see if it shows up on Steam again. Certainly sounds interesting. And it was in the top 10 list for a while on Steam before they removed it.  

News Comments > Free Unreal Engine 4 for Schools
3. Re: Free Unreal Engine 4 for Schools Sep 4, 2014, 23:25 Frijoles

wraithnix wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 22:48:
I wish they had told us students HOW to get this freebie. I'm in school for computer engineering....I'd love to check this engine out!

Looks like you have to get your instructor to sign up for it, then they get it installed in computer labs and what not.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
17. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 17:36 Frijoles

garrywong wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:43:
I don't get it. How does anyone expect Valve to fully refund a game purchase when they only take a supposedly 30% cut of the purchase?

It's not difficult. Hold the money for X days. After that, release the money. If there's a refund, don't release the money and give it back to the customer. It's how everyone else does it. Valve would even get the interest on that money during that time. Bonus.

6. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 10:24 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:53:
That right there is the reason why we hear so many horror stories about Valve's support. Steam is the biggest distributor of games in the world at the moment, and no one hears about customer support when they get it right.

I get what you're saying, but some of the replies that I do see make the support person come across as unprofessional and not caring. I'm sure they're not all that way, but some things are well known. Like getting one game refund "on the house". After that, good luck to ya. I shouldn't have to just bend over and accept a broken game because I already used my no-questions-asked refund. I buy a lot of games on Steam, but I've started looking elsewhere (GOG mainly) in case Valve becomes a dick, locks my account for some random reason and then refuses to talk to me for weeks on end.

3. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 09:48 Frijoles

Appoint representatives (the ACCC refer to this person as a contact officer) to reply to consumers regarding refunds

Hopefully they just hire someone full time to do this with everyone, not just Aussies. As much as I hate EA/Origin, I don't hear nearly as many horror stories about their support as I do from Valve. And Valve has 95% of my games.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announced
3. Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announced Sep 3, 2014, 10:02 Frijoles

Paul wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 22:47:
The original Supreme Ruler game was designed on the TRS-80 in the early 80s. But yes, quite different.

That's really impressive. My TRS-80 just flashed colors of light and it was enough to keep me entertained. The few games I had on magnetic tapes were really simple. Like tic-tac-toe simple.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announced
1. Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Announced Sep 2, 2014, 17:12 Frijoles

Man, I was thinking Supreme Commander. Talk about confused. They're way different.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 31, 2014, 14:41 Frijoles

Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 13:59:
Really surprised that Lichdom:Battlemage isn't up there. It's not a bad game at all.

I've been really tempted to buy that one, but if you click anywhere in a Let's Play video, you'll see the same gameplay and monsters. The player is moving backwards in a long corridor while they throw fireballs of different colors at the enemies to kite them. It just doesn't look like there's much else to the game. Looks fun for an hour or two, but I'm afraid I'd lose interest after that. I'll probably grab it at 50% off.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 30, 2014, 19:21 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 18:31:
Space ship weathering? That better be a toggle! I want my ship pristine as possible, right up until I get shot down by pirates or crash into an asteroid.

I seem to crash in to stations more often. I suck at docking. Or I accidentally turn guns on and shoot the station. Oops.

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
3. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 10:35 Frijoles

Qbex . wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:27:
I'd like them to answer to consumer watchdog why the fuck they charge 89.99$ USD for Civ Beyond Earth among many other titles sold on Steam Au.

Thought the price was set by the publisher?

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
18. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 23:10 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:40:
Origin has been peddling it for 30 bucks for the past week and a half or so, and Amazon currently has it on sale for 20 bucks.

I bought it last weekend. Only played it a couple times. The game is just too much spray and pray. Seems I die on average about once every 15 seconds to 30 seconds. Feels a bit like playing CS:Go but with more explosions, sounds, and no walk button.

Honestly, I may come back and play without the mechs. I didn't care for them.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
3. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 10:00 Frijoles

Wow. Perhaps they should add auto-aiming as well.  

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
29. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 23:56 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
1. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:13 Frijoles

I call dibs on acquiring them next.

Edit: I think I prefer Amazon over Google purchasing them. I'd like to see Youtube and Twitch compete a bit.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
5. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 11:28 Frijoles

Icewind wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 09:47:
You get your own player houses/camps, you get a ton of new crafting options, a dozen or so new questlines related to new NPCs and the usual skill tweaks.

For the player house, is there a minimum level? I'm still not done with Act 3. Maybe I should find an FAQ on this expansion.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus
5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 23:50 Frijoles

I'm pretty sure I'll buy this at launch, and a very good chance of pre-ordering it. But there's not even a release date yet (not that I know of anyway). Give me a date, and then pimp the pre-purchase goods.

Apparently there is a date now. And it's soonish. I need more money.

2098 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo