Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2043 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Financial Results
6. Re: EA Financial Results Jul 23, 2013, 22:19 Frijoles

Dades wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 22:00:

By counting every EA account and forum registration ever made since 2002 to now.

Which includes me since I had an EA account back in the day. I've never installed Origin though, and yet I count as a user.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2013, 00:04 Frijoles

Indubitably. (this is where I insert a monocle emote)

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Resuming This Month
3. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Resuming This Month Jul 12, 2013, 23:35 Frijoles

I think I missed something...

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2013, 00:26 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 20:08:
So hide yo wallet!

Fuck that! I've been saving for 6 months!

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
10. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 13:13 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:21:
It has a pretty absurd learning curve though despite relatively simple mechanics.

Dota 2 does a good job of making it easier. There's a system to add a guide to any hero you want. Basically you select a guide you like (I pick whatever is popular), and it highlights what skills you should get when you level up, and what items you should buy in the shop. They also have a writeup of your abilities and how to use them. Take this and enter a vs. Bot game on Easy mode. The other people you play with are most likely more forgiving since this is where a lot of new people start.

It baffles me that anyone can say this is easier that a regular RTS. There's nearly 100 hero units, each with various skills and play styles. And if you want to get really good, you have to know how all of them play so you can counter them. Combined with how many items are in the shop, even games with the same heroes can play out differently.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:16 Frijoles

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:06:
Meanwhile I am getting more and more excited for Oculus Rift.
When I've seen CliffyB raving about it on Twitter I didn't care much for it, especially because CliffyB mentioned it, but many games seem to support it now and will be in the future.

HL2 is pretty god damn breathtaking with it, and that's on the low-res dev kit. I will be first in line for the HD version. Sadly HL2 wasn't designed for VR, so it's easy to get sick (motions are wonky, they take control of camera, etc). I can only last about 5 minutes, but I also just got my Rift 2 days ago.

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
19. Re: Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated] Jul 10, 2013, 10:12 Frijoles

Xero wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:14:
I don't understand how to even get into a game. Whenever I select to join a game, it says searching for like 5+ minutes...

It's trying to pair you up with people of the same skill level. Over time it will increase that search range. I've never had it go for 5 minutes, but I only do Co-op vs. bots. Most I've seen it take is about 2 minutes, and that was a very late game (like 3am local time). I think it increased my range since I ended up with some Russians.

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
1. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 10:04 Frijoles

RIP Dota 2 Dispenser.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
7. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 9, 2013, 23:34 Frijoles

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 22:25:
hype to peak the LoL crowd interest... still cant see how people play this kind of app.. its about as much as a "game" as it is a waterpik.

You can tell who hasn't played it. Also, LoL people already know about it. Changing a string of text from "Beta" to "Release" isn't going to push them over the edge.

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
16. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 15:18 Frijoles

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 14:47:
I felt like it was only short if you made a beeline to the main quest missions. Do the sidequests, explore a bit, play a minigame, do the races, etc. and it's actually pretty lengthy for a shooter -- my initial play through time was 20 hours, much longer than any other modern shooter.

Weird, I show I played it for 14 hours. I wonder why it felt short to me. That's actually a decent length. I did skip most of the car stuff, though. I think I'll grab the DLC during the Steam sale. Supposedly that's around 10 hours in length.

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
13. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 13:41 Frijoles

I also enjoyed Rage. Way too short though. And I could do without the driving fluff. Just give me some maps to crawl through with lots of atmosphere.  

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
14. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 11:59 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 10:54:
but I have to confess Ive never heard of Darkspore before today.

It was an okay game. Steam says I played it for 4 hours. I abandoned it long before EA did. And yeah, it's a single player game online. The game play was a cross between Diablo and Pokemon, set in space. If it still worked, $1.50 would be a good price.

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
16. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 28, 2013, 23:57 Frijoles

Fletch wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 21:46:
Pretty awesome-looking, and I was very happy to see it is a PC game, and that they are using that fact to promote it. Then I got to 5:25 of the video...

Fuck you, Chris Roberts.

You don't like details in games? Or more likely, the 3rd-person/ship follow-cam? There's a first-person view also from the cockpit. Looks like he was showing that to demonstrate the thrusters.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 28, 2013, 23:38 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 22:31:
Your bank PW needs to be secure. Most other sites, not so much.

Sadly, my bank's password requirements are worse than most game websites. For a while (luckily they changed it), they REQUIRED it be a specific length.. something stupid like 6 - 10 chars. When asked about an authenticator, they gave a generic "Our site is super-secure, srsly" email.

I've decided that the more important a website is, the worse their password policy is.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Kickstarter
2. Re: Satellite Reign Kickstarter Jun 28, 2013, 10:23 Frijoles

Wish they could use Amazon like 90% of the other Kickstarters. I realize it has to do with the currency, I just don't want to give my credit card info out to more places. I'll grab it when they release.  

News Comments > Steam Workshop Royalties Expand
1. Re: Steam Workshop Royalties Expand Jun 27, 2013, 14:48 Frijoles

Awesome. Now I have to figure out how to code some tools.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jun 26, 2013, 22:26 Frijoles

Valve added support for the Oculus Rift in the latest SDK update. Should hopefully get a bunch of new native content without the use of 3rd party drivers. Now if my damn unit would get through customs so I could try it.  

News Comments > Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint?
8. Re: Steam Cards Leave Beta - Summer Sale Hint? Jun 24, 2013, 12:39 Frijoles

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 11:45:
Is there a max size to the steam inventory?

Dota2 Dispenser Bot has 42k Dota2 keys, so the inventory size is at least that big. It's a bot someone made to give or take keys, so it has a ton.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 17:02 Frijoles

Prez wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:47:
I am REALLY looking forward to Planetary Annihilation. Hope it makes it to a more reasonably-priced beta soon.

Thought they said beta was in September. I could be completely wrong though. Also, as awesome as Greenlight is, I can't say I'm really motivated to back a game if it's just going to show up there later. I don't really care about a forum avatar or whatever else they offer. Typically I back more for Kickstarter so I can get a beta copy. There's zero reason to kickstart (for me) if games also release on Greenlight.

News Comments > Skulls Of The Shogun & Windows 8 Follow-up
8. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 20, 2013, 12:50 Frijoles

Hindsight is 20/20 so knowing what he now knows, what would he have done differently? I personally would like to go back in time and kick myself in the balls. Id just like to have that year and a half of my life back.

At least they are acknowledging the mistake. Hopefully other indies take note. I'll give it a fair look over and consider purchasing it.

2043 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo