Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2062 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
3. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 10:22 Frijoles

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:53:
The part of the beta I played was fun, until you get to the grind. After that, I lost interest.

Same here. I enjoyed my first few hours with it, but then lost interest. I'd do the bot games more if there was a reason to. They don't count towards dailies, and getting gold from them is just a grind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
15. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 17, 2013, 23:44 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:22:
If they had permission then there wouldn't be any claims, would there? That means the content owners would be cutting off an extra revenue source. I think it's you who needs to brush up the facts, champ.

You missed the part where it's all YouTube's automated bot, not the content owners. Blizzard and a few other big publishers are trying to mass-allow everything but haven't been able to. One guy was doing a video of his own game with his own music, and it was removed for copyright claims. The content identification bot isn't working.

News Comments > Dota 2 Access Opened to All
7. Re: Dota 2 Access Opened to All Dec 17, 2013, 13:02 Frijoles

I play against bots. If you play on the lower levels, you seldom get people yelling at you. It can happen in the harder bot levels, but it's so rare these days. As said above, there are a lot of tools these days to make it better.

For anyone who is interested, I suggest loading a character up with a build and doing an easy bot match. You can browse builds other people have made, and use those so you know what to buy and what skills to advance as you level. Makes it a lot easier until you know what you're doing (it highlights them in game so you don't even have to hunt for them).

They added Wraith Night also, so you can play a map that's like Man vs. Machine (from TF2). Overall I'm enjoying it.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
7. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 16:21 Frijoles

I played the Arma II version when it first came out. Other players were more of a threat than the zombies. I recall them removing any sort of negative punishment for killing other players, to make it more realistic. Is that still the case?  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
76. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 23:18 Frijoles

Jensen wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 22:54:
I found this image that shows a rough approximation of what the 1280*800 LCD looks like inside the devkit. Note the text at the top of the image: "this is how far from the screen you should be"

Yep, that looks about right. Not nearly that dark though (maybe the person who made it didn't have their contrast turned up). If the UI isn't built for the Rift, text can be nearly impossible to read on the dev kit. In HL2 during that first water scene where you swim around while the enemy drops flaming barrels on you, it can be difficult to see much detail on them. There is the screen-door, also, but that kind of vanishes after a while.

Anytime I show someone the Rift, I warn them before hand that the resolution on the dev version is shit. I'm looking forward to buying the HD one, though.

55. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 15:57 Frijoles

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 13:52:
For it to work with FPS games the aim will have to be independent of the motion tracking. At the moment they've demoed it with the controller being able to move the camera as well as the head tracking, which looks like a nightmare.

TF2 has options to decouple the head movement from the aiming/walking. You can basically fire in one direction while looking in another. Personally I can't handle this mode. I use the "look at it and it dies" mode where the aiming is tied to the head. It's a lot more comfortable to me since I'm used to that in FPS games anyway. I think it's just a matter of getting used to the other way though.

40. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 13:20 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 13:06:
I wonder if taking dramamine would help. But in any case, yeah, it just seems a normal bodily reaction to any kind of motion that's ... out-of-sync (so to speak).

According to the Oculus forums on Reddit, it can help. I eat ginger cookies and drink ginger ale (the ginger ale helps a lot). It sounds like most people eventually just get used to it until one day you notice you're not getting sick anymore. In fact, they've said that around Oculus, they have a bit of trouble finding people to test some of the setups because none of them are getting sick anymore, so they had trouble determining if changes they're making are helping or not.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week
4. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week Dec 12, 2013, 22:52 Frijoles

Squirmer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 22:06:
Beta access for the Kickstarter was at $75 or more, so I guess early access will be that expensive? I pledged $50, so I'll be kind of annoyed if I don't get beta access but late backers do via early access.

Exactly this. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. I pledge the amount I do not to successful fund a game (which is usually already funded when I get to it), but to get in to the beta. If I could get in to the same beta and save myself $50, I sure as hell wouldn't back any more kickstarters for the same company.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 21:59 Frijoles

PHJF wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 21:12:
$2.50 for Natural Selection 2 x_x

NS2 is a great game... when it all works out. I stopped playing because finding two good commanders (one for each team) was a pain in the ass. Same reason I gave up on S2's Savage. But when you do get in to those games, it's a lot of fun. So rare though.

And yeah, I could jump in and command, but fuck that. I get enough stress from my wife, don't need more.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 16:05 Frijoles

Ratty wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 14:59:
Skyrim must have raked in a buttload of cash for Bethesda by now. I hope so. Maybe now they can afford to make a friggin PC UI for ES VI.

My fear is that ESO will do to TES like what WoW did to Warcraft. That is, I'm afraid ESO might kill further TES games. That'd be a damn shame. After playing the MMO version, I went back to Skyrim and have started racking up the time again.

News Comments > Steam Reviews Open Beta
27. Re: Steam Reviews Open Beta Nov 25, 2013, 16:45 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 14:55:
What they need is some kind of ranking system for both reviews and reviewers. That way the cream can float to the head of the class. It's not rocket surgery.

There's a "was this helpful" button on the reviews. Maybe that'll float the cream. They turned the recommendations in to reviews, so a lot of them (like mine) were short one-liners. Hope to see more from this system.

News Comments > WoW's Ninth Anniversary
4. Re: WoW's Ninth Anniversary Nov 23, 2013, 21:34 Frijoles

A lot of people have good memories of WoW, but hate on it now. I kind of wonder if their next MMO will start out hated or loved, kind of like WoW. I still enjoy it, but only in small doses.  

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
65. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 11:05 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 10:07:
Does it feel like you are looking out of your own eyes or do you still feel that you are looking at (well through as its 3d) a square or round persicope or binocluars??

How bad it is depends on what cups you're using and your own eyes, as well as how close you have the screen to your eyes. You can still see the black edges if you look that direction. I've got the screen all the way back (damn my long eyelashes), and I can easily see the sides. I wouldn't say it's like binoculars, but it is like wearing a ski mask (pretty much the same).

You sort of stop seeing it after using it for a while though. The Rift has a really good FOV compared to older HMDs (especially for the price), but if you want more FOV, look at InfiniteEye's approach.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 11:29 Frijoles

Performance is shit on my system also (AMD HD6900, i7, 12 gigs of memory). Character models look horrible, and the subtitles don't line up very well with the audio (not bad, but annoying). No crashes or bugs that I've seen, but the tutorial didn't seem very helpful. Also, I can't bind my mouse buttons to fire weapons???

Story spoiler snide remark:
Sure, come on board my ship and start dicking around. What do I care?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 10, 2013, 14:09 Frijoles

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:20:
I'm surprised, especially with the design of the new WOW expansion to cover the history of WC1/WC2, that they didn't announce any sort of online download of the two games. I'd gladly pay $5-$10 each for digital copies that would run fine under 7/8...

In one of the panels, they mentioned that they're trying to get them to work on modern operating systems. So there is hope. I've been hoping to play WC2 again for a while now.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
32. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 00:31 Frijoles

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:28:
Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead.

Thrall isn't dead. I kind of wish he were. I'm a bit sick of seeing him pop up everywhere. In fact, didn't they say he's the one who chases Garrosh in to the new time-travelled Draenor? Metzen was rattling off a bunch of names from Warcraft 1/2 that we'll meet. Maybe that's to inject some new names in to the game.

The storyline looks weak, and the time travel sounds lame, but the systems they're putting in look pretty fun. The changes to inventory are long overdo. The "player housing" looks really well done. I'm looking forward to the expansion for those changes. Plus the free 90 boost will be handy. I have a few alts that aren't 90 yet.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion: Stellar Phenomena DLC
4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion: Stellar Phenomena DLC Nov 8, 2013, 09:38 Frijoles

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 08:50:
Gave up on this game, by the time I spend my resources fighting off the pirates the opponents come in and mop up.

I hated the pirates. I ended up turning them off and enjoyed the game a lot more after that. Sins is one of my most played games according to Steam, but I doubt I'd get this DLC unless I return to the game again (too many other games to play).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 18:55 Frijoles

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:26:
This happened back when the island update (I forget the name, 5.3 maybe) came out back in March. Maybe they changed it back since then.Either way, I vowed to never give them another dime. I was quite pissed as were most of the other multiboxers. Oh well, life goes on.

Must have changed it. A multiboxer joined our 5.4 LFR group the other day. Was pretty funny, actually. His "main" was the main tank, and one of his boxes was the alt tank. He didn't realize he had queued it as a tank. Ended up bitching about the other tank sucking.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Battle Worlds: Kronos
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Battle Worlds: Kronos Nov 5, 2013, 22:16 Frijoles

I'm a bit annoyed with the controls. They took some getting used to. A little rough around the edges, but overall not a bad game. I've only played for maybe 1.5 hours though.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 12:12 Frijoles

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:25:
I've said it before, EA could find a sure fire cure for Aids and Cancer and the people here would still find a reason to hate them for it. Pathetic, hateful little bitches.

I'm sure it'd come with strings attached.

2062 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo