Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 10:54 Frijoles

KS wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:47:
I know absolutely nothing about the game qua MMORPG. I am a sorcerer, can they lockpick or is it tied to the thief class?

Anybody can pick a lock if they have the lockpicks. Just remember to let go of the pick when it starts to jiggle. That means you're at the sweet spot. I was an idiot and thought I was supposed to push past that, so I broke many many lockpicks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Popup Dungeon Kickstarter
1. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 10:23 Frijoles

I've been hesitant to use Kickstarter due to previous games turning out to be really shitty. But I can't resist this one. It looks really fun.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
21. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 22:27 Frijoles

I'm enjoying it and glad I got in early before the commoners. But there are a bunch of bugs still. Bunch of quests couldn't be completed until a day or two ago. Still random disconnects and such. There was also a lovely bug where you would randomly log in to some random person's account. I think that one was fixed pretty quickly though.

Still, I'm enjoying it. The crafting is different. And leveling up feels good.

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 2
10. Re: Foolish Games, Volume 2 Apr 1, 2014, 21:56 Frijoles

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:26:
Can anyone confirm the built in Thief April fools? Supposedly exiting a level reloads the previous one, making it impossible to proceed through the game. The only way around it is changing your system clock.

Not seeing any problems, but it's hard to test. I don't have any save games near the end of a level. I can move around the city / windows without issue. I was also able to leave a level. Can't say for certain unless I play through one, though.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 22:51 Frijoles

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:05:
Game industry infects games with DRM, takes away game ownership. Bout time the industry got a taste of its own medicine.

Yeah, fuck charities. They should go get a real job and not be poor/sick.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 28, 2014, 19:36 Frijoles

*crosses fingers* My wallet stands at the ready.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
13. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 27, 2014, 23:49 Frijoles

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 21:43:
Looks like it'll definitely be worth the $9.99 or less I pay for it when it finally goes on sale, gg Uplay.

Do we know if it's using UPlay? There was a thread on Reddit today saying it uses Steamworks. Hopefully they can manage with just one DRM.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 12:48 Frijoles

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 11:07:
Good on Notch for sticking to his values.

What's sad is that MinecRift has been a working Minecraft mod for the DK1 for almost a year, and it works really well. In all that time, Notch hasn't even bothered to try it. It's easy to cancel support for a product when you have no interest in supporting it in the first place.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 01:52 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 01:16:
He's now a 21 year old billionaire. (well, not quite, but likely very, very close.) I can't hate him too much for that.

I'd do the same thing for that much money. Maybe even buy Blues just to piss you all off.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe System Mar 25, 2014, 23:47 Frijoles

Awesome changes coming; I can't wait. Although I saw that his dye color / transmutation had a transmutation cost (it was 0). I wonder if we're going to have to have tokens to use it. That would suck. The good thing about WoW's transmutation interface is that's it's pretty damn cheap to use.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
67. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:42 Frijoles

SirKnight wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 23:31:
I love Oculus and VR and I ordered the 2nd dev kit immediately after I got the email about it (since I was a kickstarter). But I despise Facebook.

Same here. I haven't cancelled DK2 yet, but I'm tempted. As much as I want VR, I don't want to give Facebook any money. Ever. I really wish Valve would begin work on a consumer version.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
41. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:53 Frijoles

Like getting kicked in the balls. Fuck. This. Tons of people are cancelling their orders for DK2. Hopefully some other VR solution steps in.

Fuck you, Facebook.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2014, 13:29 Frijoles

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 11:20:
ps4 is x86 based.

Which should hopefully make future consoles better at backwards compatibility. In ten years.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
14. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 22, 2014, 23:28 Frijoles

It's a fun game. If you enjoy Minecraft, you'll most likely enjoy this one. The grapple hook makes things wonderful (and reminds me of Quake II). Sadly I can't build worth shit, but I still enjoyed pretending that I can.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 16:04 Frijoles

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:13:
I haven't seen multiple people say that, just one who might have misspoke. What else has been said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMvF05ZT70

The one person who said it (that CV1 would be higher res) was Palmer. He's a pretty good source on the matter. I ordered a DK2. My hope is that we can read text in it. It was next to impossible in DK1. I'll be impressed if they can get the price below $300 for CV1.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
9. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 00:15 Frijoles

Asmo wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 21:11:
Looking at some of the "greenlights", I think they need to institute a "red light" program to take some of the white noise out of the list...

I've stopped looking at the New Releases tab in Steam. There's so much trash there, the good games are getting lost in the list. I figure I'll hear about the better games from here at Blues or other places on the web. It used to be that I'd click every game on that New Release tab to see what it was. Haven't done that in a while though.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
3. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 19:33 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:29:
$19 per plus 5% for full source code?
That's better than UDK in some ways, as you get full source code, but less good in that, with UDK, you could work for months without paying anything.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the free option is still there just to learn it. I've never even looked at it. I wouldn't mind playing with it, but not for $20 since I'll have no idea what I'm doing and won't be making anything worthwhile. I can stick with Unity for just screwing around.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
5. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 16:27 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:26:
Making you happy is exactly what anyone wants right now.

We have our work cut out for us.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2014, 23:41 Frijoles

jimnms wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 21:16:
For the same price you can pick up this bundle and get it along with a few other games.

I was totally about to buy this again (not that Steam would have let me) when I saw your post. Recognized the bundle and realized I had bought it already. Installing it now.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
2. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:30 Frijoles

I've been stocking up on legendaries from the AH. It was really easy to sort by time left and then use the bid button. I got a tab full of them for a few thousand gold. Dunno if they'll be useful after the expansion.  

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo