Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2089 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2014, 16:04 Frijoles

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:13:
I haven't seen multiple people say that, just one who might have misspoke. What else has been said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMvF05ZT70

The one person who said it (that CV1 would be higher res) was Palmer. He's a pretty good source on the matter. I ordered a DK2. My hope is that we can read text in it. It was next to impossible in DK1. I'll be impressed if they can get the price below $300 for CV1.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
9. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 00:15 Frijoles

Asmo wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 21:11:
Looking at some of the "greenlights", I think they need to institute a "red light" program to take some of the white noise out of the list...

I've stopped looking at the New Releases tab in Steam. There's so much trash there, the good games are getting lost in the list. I figure I'll hear about the better games from here at Blues or other places on the web. It used to be that I'd click every game on that New Release tab to see what it was. Haven't done that in a while though.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
3. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 19, 2014, 19:33 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 19:29:
$19 per plus 5% for full source code?
That's better than UDK in some ways, as you get full source code, but less good in that, with UDK, you could work for months without paying anything.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the free option is still there just to learn it. I've never even looked at it. I wouldn't mind playing with it, but not for $20 since I'll have no idea what I'm doing and won't be making anything worthwhile. I can stick with Unity for just screwing around.

News Comments > Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released
5. Re: Free to Play - Dota 2 Documentary Released Mar 19, 2014, 16:27 Frijoles

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:26:
Making you happy is exactly what anyone wants right now.

We have our work cut out for us.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2014, 23:41 Frijoles

jimnms wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 21:16:
For the same price you can pick up this bundle and get it along with a few other games.

I was totally about to buy this again (not that Steam would have let me) when I saw your post. Recognized the bundle and realized I had bought it already. Installing it now.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
2. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:30 Frijoles

I've been stocking up on legendaries from the AH. It was really easy to sort by time left and then use the bid button. I got a tab full of them for a few thousand gold. Dunno if they'll be useful after the expansion.  

News Comments > Armada - RTS Announced by Monaco Dev
2. Re: Armada - RTS Announced by Monaco Dev Mar 13, 2014, 12:26 Frijoles

The RTS genre needs some love. Especially base-building RTS.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 14:53 Frijoles

Bodolza wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 13:49:
Gopher-4-Life

Archie-4-Life. Fuck this www shit.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
8. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 10, 2014, 18:26 Frijoles

LittleMe wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 14:50:
I'm surprised PC is only 6% of South Park sales!!

I didn't think they counted Steam sales? I didn't read it though. Number could be a wee bit off if that's the case.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 10, 2014, 12:55 Frijoles

MindStalker3 wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:52:
Also... Pizza Hut having fancy touch screen tables so I can get my cold pizza from a rude waiter without actually having to talk to them? Have they seen the state of most Pizza Huts lately?

I haven't seen a table in a Pizza Hut for probably 20 years. They barely have a front door around here.

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
3. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 9, 2014, 14:15 Frijoles

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 12:56:
probably the most irritating being the necessity to mash a button to pry open windows. I know I'm not the only one bitching about this, so I'll be keeping my eye open for a patch or mod that removes it. Until then, it'll wait in the back of the line.

Amen. I hate windows. And half the time you go in one, there's like 1 item, maybe 2 that you can steal. I'm also finding it a bitch to get back to the market area to upgrade my items. The map is useless. I've got a lot of money on me because I haven't found my way back.

As you said, though, atmosphere is really well done.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Future Updates "Limited"
4. Re: Asheron's Call Future Updates Mar 4, 2014, 11:54 Frijoles

I tried to get back in to this game a year or two (or three) ago, but just couldn't. It wasn't so much that the graphics were so outdated, but the UI. Not being able to use the mouse was a major hurdle. Can't remember if it just didn't work or if it was setup weird, but I remember being barely able to drive.

I really want AC3.

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
16. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 22:06 Frijoles

Task wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 20:26:
I'm really confused. Both are two different games. Dishonored is magical and teleporting, taking over people's minds, etc. And Thief is pure sneak (I'm talking the originals) like you are just a regular Human in a fantasy world.

I played Dishonored in a way similar to Thief. I was sneaking everywhere, trying not to kill, and using the teleport a lot. Thief has the "press space to dash across the shadow", which feels a little like the teleport. The environment also feels very similar to me.

Nonetheless, Thief ain't Dishonored. Dishonored held my attention far longer. But they do feel similar.

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
2. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 3, 2014, 18:02 Frijoles

Yes, really enjoyed #1. I'm pretending Thief is Dishonered 1.5. Except with no jump button.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
4. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 13:53 Frijoles

Linksil wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 13:48:
I thought they said somewhere that they were deving for PC first and then porting to consoles to try to not make that mistake again.

If it is a POS port again, I hope the community can patch it like before. I want to play, but am waiting for the PC version. Going to be hard to avoid the console spoilers for a month-ish.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Having lost $468 million in bitcoins, MtGox files for bankruptcy protection. Feb 28, 2014, 17:28 Frijoles

LittleMe wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 14:47:
Maybe the time to buy is now while the market is in shock from this.

I thought the same thing. Then I remembered that buying bitcoins with cash is a pain in the ass. Lemme do it through Paypal and I'll buy some.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 28, 2014, 12:55 Frijoles

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:30:
The Kinect investigation combined with the UK webcam spying reveal adds up to one big "I told you so".

Followed quickly by "wtf do we do now?"

Buy a PS4.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
8. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 10:16 Frijoles

Awesome. Looking forward to trying this tonight.  

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Next Month
5. Re: Age of Wonders III Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 23:21 Frijoles

z0dd wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:06:
Call me a crusty old grognard, but I prefer 4x games of old where the map is easy to see and use,

You're getting older. Soon all maps will blur together, as will the units, due to your failing eyesight. I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you, but you're SOL.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 24, 2014, 19:02 Frijoles

Glad to hear it. Been tinkering with the alpha off and on, and something just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what it is, but it didn't pull me in as I was hoping it would. The videos they release make it look great.  

2089 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo