Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2199 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 13:04 Frijoles

There's a chat? Here's the typical chat I see:

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Then again, I play co-op against bots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
4. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 29, 2015, 15:09 Frijoles

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:06:
Did anyone here actually order one of these?

I only grabbed a controller. Hoping it'll replace the xbox controller on my PC.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2015, 21:00 Frijoles

Saboth wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 17:46:
Do these survival games ever come out of Early Access? Seems like there are umpteen number of them popping up every month, and they remain EA indefinitely. Yet people seem to flock to them.

There were a few I wanted to buy, but the EA tag kept me away. I took several bad purchases in past sales to teach me my lesson. I'd rather just wait until the xmas sale and see if they've left EA. Seems like the daily deals and flash sales had a large percentage of early access titles.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 20:58 Frijoles

I spent $75ish and then played WoW all weekend. God I need help.  

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
7. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Jun 10, 2015, 20:17 Frijoles

Rhett wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 15:39:
Yeah... I forget how I came across it, I think someone said Petroglyph made it and I checked it out. That name is off-putting though.

I had to look the name up to see what this was. I made it 2/3 of the way through the game, too, and couldn't remember the name. I didn't have any issues on my system. Quite fun, actually. I think another game came out though and knocked it off my list. I keep meaning to return. Felt a bit short, though. Full game is maybe 10ish hours (I haven't finished it so can't say for certain).

I don't think $50 is worth it. $30 though would be a good price.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jun 6, 2015, 12:37 Frijoles

That was fun. I ended up just watching the whole video.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 16:07 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 16:03:
Nice patch, but I don't understand why they reduced the amount of coin that chest and creatures give. Its hard enough getting Coin in this game without them making it even harder now.

Yeah, I'm already broke as is from having to repair my gear all the time.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
33. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 12:44 Frijoles

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 12:32:
I'm more concerned about the voiced protagonist than anything else. Voiced protagonist = less dialogue options, though Bethesda has never been very good at writing dialogue anyway.

Or voicing for that matter. I'll buy this, and most likely pre-order the CE. But that dog looks like shit. He needs some nVidia hair!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 2, 2015, 23:44 Frijoles

Glad to see it's released. Hope they add an option to play harder AI (outside of custom games). I like how Dota does it, even if it does take longer with matchmaking. The AI is pretty brain-dead, and I don't care to play against humans. I enjoy it though. The matches are quick.  

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
11. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 15:19 Frijoles

Amazing. Never thought I'd see the day.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
20. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 12:27 Frijoles

Drayth wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 11:31:
I'm using one. It's one of those things that once you move to it you're never going to want to go back to using a non-adaptive synch monitor. But then again I always played with vsync on before.. if you always play with vysnc off I guess it's going to be the same experience, minus the tearing.

Does it fuck with your mouse? I leave vsync off because of how it screws the mouse up and makes me want to punch something. Wouldn't mind getting rid of tearing, but not if my mouse feels like I'm dragging it through mud.

55. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 15:15 Frijoles

Grokk wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:49:
Is lack of strafing really the only issue you can find with the game?

Um, no? How about the lack of _ALL MOVEMENT KEY BINDING_. WASD can not be changed directly in the interface. Left handed gamer? Tough shit. ESDF gamer? Go to hell. And if it's not bad enough, there's a shitload of other keys that can't be changed. It's like they developed the keyboard interface back in 1995. Even Witcher 2 had basic rebinding.

So yeah, I want to see that fixed. Certainly not stopping me from playing, though. Just surprised to see so many other options but not basic keybinding.

40. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 21:21 Frijoles

ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:56:
Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.

*Include strafing and the rest of the movement keys. Maybe unlock the others too. In fact, trash the whole keybinding code and start over. Maybe use fire on it so it never happens again.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
21. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 16:24 Frijoles

NKD wrote on May 20, 2015, 12:47:
Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:27:

Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.

The game is still in early beta. It's not really a time to be putting a lot of focus on cheaters.

Ah, I agree with that. Unless they're in "fake" beta where characters don't get wiped. But if they're still planning on wipes, I don't care about as much. I'm surprised there's so many though. Wonder what percentage that was.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
12. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 11:27 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:23:
Why would you want them to waste the time obfuscating traffic or code to get a temporary reprieve against cheaters?

Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 09:42 Frijoles

I turned off hair. Game runs much better and looks better now. Although the twirl when attacking is a bit annoying since he seems to leap the opposite direction.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
25. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 09:42 Frijoles

As I mentioned in the other thread (the GTA5 one before this one was working), the keyboard bindings are shit. You can use a 3rd-party remapping program or hack the .settings file. But seriously, how the hell do they not even let you remap movement, let alone 25% of the keyboard? And their very own .settings file lets you do it just fine, so it's an interface issue.

I'm running it on a 980 with everything ultra. I need to toggle the hair thing on and try that. Graphics aren't bad, but not as great as I had hoped. I think Skyrim is slightly better in the graphics area. The facial and character animations are hit and miss. Sometimes I think they're great. Other times it looks like a puppet.

Movement is a bit annoying, but I recall that being the case in Witcher 2 as well. Geralt will abruptly turn or start animations if you barely touch the keyboard. I've run in to many people while riding the horse. I've stopped using the horse if I'm in town or not going very far. The movement reminds me of Assassin's Creed, only Geralt isn't trying to climb every tiny rock he sees.

The quests and exploring are fun so far. And the Witcher senses thing is well done. The atmosphere in the game is spot on, and I'm enjoying the story (only about 2.5 hours in). You definitely can't just go wherever you want unless you level up a bit since things will eat you. And I like that.

The character skill panel looks much much smaller than Witcher 2. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it yet, but that massive tree thing they used in Witcher 2 is gone and replaced by different system, sort of like the one used in Shadow of Mordor. Haven't done much with gear upgrades yet (only had one item that was better than starting gear that I could use). And I have yet to find enough ingredients for alchemy.

Still, I'm hooked on the story, and that's why I got it. Is this the second-coming of games? Nope. But still fun so far. Looking forward to playing it more tonight.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
9. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 23:32 Frijoles

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 18, 2015, 23:11:
Yeah keybindings are the only thing so far that pisses me off. Bet it'll get fixed in the next patch though.

There's a setup file in Documents\Witcher 3\ that you can change to "fix" it. But it's a bit messy. And by a bit, I mean very messy. Still, it worked. Took me about 10 minutes and complains constantly about the keybindings being changed. Loving the story though, although I think it just crashed.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
6. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 23:03 Frijoles

NetHead wrote on May 18, 2015, 22:15:
HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:54:
Comment embargo at Blues for Witcher Release thread.

What's with that?

(Witcher 3) They fucked up key bindings badly. Can't remap a bunch of keys, and movement keys aren't even listed. If you're not WASD, you don't exist.

But GTA5 is awesome.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
24. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 22:45 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:35:
What's the difference in eye strain between Rift and 3D movies?

Your eyes focus at infinity, so no eye strain. Not that I've noticed anyway after using it for about 2 hours straight. You do come out a bit .. weird though. Not sure how to explain the feeling, but .. weird fits well.

Personally I'm disappointed. A lot of us were hoping for 1440p. I know they've never given specs, but I thought it was strongly hinted at. If the only reason for lowering the resolution is to run on a 970, that's lame. Less powerful computers could simply lower the resolution to make it playable. As is, this thing matches the dev version of the Vive. Hell, isn't Gear VR higher rez than this?

I'm on the fence about getting the release version now. Before today I was excited to buy not only the CV1, but also the Vive. Now I don't see much point to that if they're going to be the same. Guess we'll see what comes out at E3 or if anything changes throughout the year.

2199 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo