Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 1997 (Pro)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 23:25 Frijoles

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch.

I expected something better. Maybe not a complete redesign, but I don't see any different to DS1. Granted I didn't play DS1 a whole ton on PC. The menus are still shit. There are hints to press console buttons everywhere. I wouldn't mind an interview where they ask them wtf that extra PC time went towards. To top it off, they want you to play without mods, despite mods saving the previous game on PC.

And wtf is up with char creation?? It's like the character models are from an N64. At least you never have to see your ugly face.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 19:08 Frijoles

I've managed to get it working if I swap my primary and secondary display. I can also drag it from the secondary to primary if it's not full-screen. I'm more concerned at this point that I don't see any keyboard binding settings. I was planning on playing with a controller anyway, but that's really disappointing to see. It appears the extra time to make the PC version better was used to do nothing instead.

Edit: Found the key bindings. They're only available once you've started the game.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 19:58.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 18:16 Frijoles

Yay! Oh.. crash to desktop. Seems quite a few people can't get it to launch. Not a good way to start.

Edit: Works if I physically unplug my primary monitor (DVI). However then it's on my second, shitty monitor off to the side. Fails to launch if I unplug the second monitor. Lots and lots of people having this problem. Seems related to HDMI somehow.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 18:30.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced
2. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Announced Apr 22, 2014, 10:03 Frijoles

I hope they include a slider for difficulty. The random nature of the game makes me rage. Still enjoy it though.  

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
24. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 15:54 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesda’s so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Nearly 100% of the Nightblade skills are broken/not working as the tool tip says. Vampire passives are completely broken. This isn't an "iron out the bugs" problem. This is a "fuck it, let's ship" problem. ESO is the worst launch I've seen in an MMO in years. How the HELL do you ship an MMO in this day and age without some basic protections in place against griefing? If you kick someone out of your group in an instance, they're free to stay in the instance and continue looting chests and getting you killed. How the.. why th.. are the Devs braindead? Have they never once played an MMO??

I know the answer. No, they haven't.

23. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 15:54 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 10:02:
Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesda’s so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Nearly 100% of the Nightblade skills are broken/not working as the tool tip says. Vampire passives are completely broken. This isn't an "iron out the bugs" problem. This is a "fuck it, let's ship" problem. ESO is the worst launch I've seen in an MMO in years. How the HELL do you ship an MMO in this day and age without some basic protections in place against griefing? If you kick someone out of your group in an instance, they're free to stay in the instance and continue looting chests and getting you killed. How the.. why th.. are the Devs braindead? Have they never once played an MMO??

I know the answer. No, they haven't.

10. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 09:41 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 08:56:
I much have reported at least 40 by now.

That's impressive considering how many clicks are required to ignore someone. I don't even bother since it's not doing any good. What I really hate is the mail spam, which seems to be getting worse.

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
2. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 18, 2014, 18:59 Frijoles

Train wreck of a game. This dupe has been known since beta. If this was their idea of a quick fix, I fear all the other broken quests won't be fixed until Fall. Supposedly the bank slot bug was fixed (the bank would eat your items). Shall we take bets on whether it was really fixed?

Ugg.. I'm still playing though. Think I'll cancel when the free month is up and let it cook another six months.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warlock 2: The Exiled
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Warlock 2: The Exiled Apr 10, 2014, 23:30 Frijoles

I really enjoy this game (and the previous one). The AI kinda sucks, and the other mages aren't much of a threat. But it's fun taking over the different landscapes one by one. Crushing them beneath my army of 3 well-trained units (and quick save).  

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
4. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 11:47 Frijoles

Sounds StarCraft-y. Wonder if it's the next expansion.  

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
14. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 23:11 Frijoles

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:10:
This game is FUN! It's only in alpha, so I can't wait to see what gets added and how much more fun it becomes.

Are the monsters an actual threat? One thing I hate about vanilla Minecraft is that you can defeat the AI by digging a hole in the ground. A lot of survival games are very similar. After X hours (and in cases like Minecraft, minutes), there's just no challenge because the mobs suck. Or rather, surviving the environment is the challenge. The mobs are just an annoyance.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
19. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 13:13 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:35:
Do you not know that every mob is shared? See a boss, or just anyone fighting anything, and join in... You don't hurt the other person's xp/loot, and you get credit...

Yep, but I have a problem standing around with 15 other people waiting to gang-bang the mob. Or in the case of finishing a dunegon (non-instanced), you have to stand there for a few minutes waiting for the end-boss to spawn, then hope you get a hit on him in the half second he lives. Otherwise you get to wait again. Or not get the achievement for the dungeon.

Honestly if that were the only problem with ESO, that'd be fine. Things like that will die down in a week. But the bugs. My god. They're really competing with traditional TES games. At least with TES, the community can fix things. Not so here.

7. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 10:45 Frijoles

Good video on the troll problem in instances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

3. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 10:05 Frijoles

I'm enjoying the game, but the devs seem to have never played an MMO before. They're making some really silly mistakes. For example, kicking someone from your dungeon run will remove them from your party but leave them in the dungeon. Just about everything in the world is first-come first-serve, so you end up waiting around to get a hit on a boss or click that one button. And whomever designed the bank/inventory needs a god damned boot to the head.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 10:54 Frijoles

KS wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:47:
I know absolutely nothing about the game qua MMORPG. I am a sorcerer, can they lockpick or is it tied to the thief class?

Anybody can pick a lock if they have the lockpicks. Just remember to let go of the pick when it starts to jiggle. That means you're at the sweet spot. I was an idiot and thought I was supposed to push past that, so I broke many many lockpicks.

News Comments > Popup Dungeon Kickstarter
1. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 10:23 Frijoles

I've been hesitant to use Kickstarter due to previous games turning out to be really shitty. But I can't resist this one. It looks really fun.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
21. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 22:27 Frijoles

I'm enjoying it and glad I got in early before the commoners. But there are a bunch of bugs still. Bunch of quests couldn't be completed until a day or two ago. Still random disconnects and such. There was also a lovely bug where you would randomly log in to some random person's account. I think that one was fixed pretty quickly though.

Still, I'm enjoying it. The crafting is different. And leveling up feels good.

News Comments > Foolish Games, Volume 2
10. Re: Foolish Games, Volume 2 Apr 1, 2014, 21:56 Frijoles

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 21:26:
Can anyone confirm the built in Thief April fools? Supposedly exiting a level reloads the previous one, making it impossible to proceed through the game. The only way around it is changing your system clock.

Not seeing any problems, but it's hard to test. I don't have any save games near the end of a level. I can move around the city / windows without issue. I was also able to leave a level. Can't say for certain unless I play through one, though.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 22:51 Frijoles

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:05:
Game industry infects games with DRM, takes away game ownership. Bout time the industry got a taste of its own medicine.

Yeah, fuck charities. They should go get a real job and not be poor/sick.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 28, 2014, 19:36 Frijoles

*crosses fingers* My wallet stands at the ready.  

1997 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo