Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2188 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
55. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 22, 2015, 15:15 Frijoles

Grokk wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:49:
Is lack of strafing really the only issue you can find with the game?

Um, no? How about the lack of _ALL MOVEMENT KEY BINDING_. WASD can not be changed directly in the interface. Left handed gamer? Tough shit. ESDF gamer? Go to hell. And if it's not bad enough, there's a shitload of other keys that can't be changed. It's like they developed the keyboard interface back in 1995. Even Witcher 2 had basic rebinding.

So yeah, I want to see that fixed. Certainly not stopping me from playing, though. Just surprised to see so many other options but not basic keybinding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
40. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 21:21 Frijoles

ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:56:
Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.

*Include strafing and the rest of the movement keys. Maybe unlock the others too. In fact, trash the whole keybinding code and start over. Maybe use fire on it so it never happens again.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
21. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 16:24 Frijoles

NKD wrote on May 20, 2015, 12:47:
Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:27:

Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.

The game is still in early beta. It's not really a time to be putting a lot of focus on cheaters.

Ah, I agree with that. Unless they're in "fake" beta where characters don't get wiped. But if they're still planning on wipes, I don't care about as much. I'm surprised there's so many though. Wonder what percentage that was.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
12. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 11:27 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on May 20, 2015, 11:23:
Why would you want them to waste the time obfuscating traffic or code to get a temporary reprieve against cheaters?

Are you saying they should do fuck all against cheaters and instead add a new hat? Can't say I agree with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 09:42 Frijoles

I turned off hair. Game runs much better and looks better now. Although the twirl when attacking is a bit annoying since he seems to leap the opposite direction.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
25. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 09:42 Frijoles

As I mentioned in the other thread (the GTA5 one before this one was working), the keyboard bindings are shit. You can use a 3rd-party remapping program or hack the .settings file. But seriously, how the hell do they not even let you remap movement, let alone 25% of the keyboard? And their very own .settings file lets you do it just fine, so it's an interface issue.

I'm running it on a 980 with everything ultra. I need to toggle the hair thing on and try that. Graphics aren't bad, but not as great as I had hoped. I think Skyrim is slightly better in the graphics area. The facial and character animations are hit and miss. Sometimes I think they're great. Other times it looks like a puppet.

Movement is a bit annoying, but I recall that being the case in Witcher 2 as well. Geralt will abruptly turn or start animations if you barely touch the keyboard. I've run in to many people while riding the horse. I've stopped using the horse if I'm in town or not going very far. The movement reminds me of Assassin's Creed, only Geralt isn't trying to climb every tiny rock he sees.

The quests and exploring are fun so far. And the Witcher senses thing is well done. The atmosphere in the game is spot on, and I'm enjoying the story (only about 2.5 hours in). You definitely can't just go wherever you want unless you level up a bit since things will eat you. And I like that.

The character skill panel looks much much smaller than Witcher 2. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it yet, but that massive tree thing they used in Witcher 2 is gone and replaced by different system, sort of like the one used in Shadow of Mordor. Haven't done much with gear upgrades yet (only had one item that was better than starting gear that I could use). And I have yet to find enough ingredients for alchemy.

Still, I'm hooked on the story, and that's why I got it. Is this the second-coming of games? Nope. But still fun so far. Looking forward to playing it more tonight.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
9. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 23:32 Frijoles

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 18, 2015, 23:11:
Yeah keybindings are the only thing so far that pisses me off. Bet it'll get fixed in the next patch though.

There's a setup file in Documents\Witcher 3\ that you can change to "fix" it. But it's a bit messy. And by a bit, I mean very messy. Still, it worked. Took me about 10 minutes and complains constantly about the keybindings being changed. Loving the story though, although I think it just crashed.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
6. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 23:03 Frijoles

NetHead wrote on May 18, 2015, 22:15:
HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:54:
Comment embargo at Blues for Witcher Release thread.

What's with that?

(Witcher 3) They fucked up key bindings badly. Can't remap a bunch of keys, and movement keys aren't even listed. If you're not WASD, you don't exist.

But GTA5 is awesome.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
24. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 22:45 Frijoles

theglaze wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:35:
What's the difference in eye strain between Rift and 3D movies?

Your eyes focus at infinity, so no eye strain. Not that I've noticed anyway after using it for about 2 hours straight. You do come out a bit .. weird though. Not sure how to explain the feeling, but .. weird fits well.

Personally I'm disappointed. A lot of us were hoping for 1440p. I know they've never given specs, but I thought it was strongly hinted at. If the only reason for lowering the resolution is to run on a 970, that's lame. Less powerful computers could simply lower the resolution to make it playable. As is, this thing matches the dev version of the Vive. Hell, isn't Gear VR higher rez than this?

I'm on the fence about getting the release version now. Before today I was excited to buy not only the CV1, but also the Vive. Now I don't see much point to that if they're going to be the same. Guess we'll see what comes out at E3 or if anything changes throughout the year.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
16. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 12:42 Frijoles

NKD wrote on May 14, 2015, 12:13:
Cool looking game. My days of playing online FPS are over though, getting too slow to keep up, and getting wrecked repeatedly is never fun.

With luck it'll have a matchmaking system in place like their other games. You can play with old fogies like me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2015, 21:23 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 21:09:
Still, it's actually heartening to see people on both sides of the aisle against all this nonsense in the first place.

Heartening?! It's a down-right miracle. I figured it would sail through what with that catchy name.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 11, 2015, 13:39 Frijoles

Depends on the finger. Some are more useless than others. Not that I'd do that. I like my fingers.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2015, 17:42 Frijoles

I bought both Disney Infinity and Skylanders for my kids on the Wii-U. I figure a large portion of their profit was from me.  

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Beta
6. Re: GOG Galaxy Beta May 5, 2015, 21:19 Frijoles

I'll give this a try when Witcher 3 hits it. Steam needs the competition. My goal is to buy what I can from GoG when possible, otherwise fall back to Steam. Just wish they had a bigger catalog.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs Apr 30, 2015, 10:00 Frijoles

Looking forward to it. Just hope it's got a good length to it.  

News Comments > Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans
2. Re: Broken Age: Act 2 Release Plans Apr 27, 2015, 09:38 Frijoles

Same here. I started it a couple weeks ago and played for a few hours. Decided to stop fearing they may wipe/break save games.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 16:11 Frijoles

There was already one popular mod (forget which) that put popups in the free version asking you to get the paid one every few times you cast a spell. They've removed the free version due to backlash, but fuck them in the ass. I already hate games on my tablet due to all the money-grubbing devs. Oh, you want to play more than 10 minutes? Better cought up some cash.. I mean coins. If that comes to the PC, I'm done.  

News Comments > DOOM Map Sources & More Released
2. Re: DOOM Map Sources & More Released Apr 26, 2015, 14:42 Frijoles

Bethesda pisses me off lately. I'd like to boycott them, but the next Elder Scrolls / Fallout game is going to make that difficult.  

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
5. Re: King's Quest Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 23:10 Frijoles

Looks interesting, and I'm glad they got feedback from Roberta and Ken. I'd rather give them the money, though, and not Activision. I miss the old Sierra. Seeing that logo used to give me shivers. Not so much anymore.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 23:23 Frijoles

I like both Dota2 and this. They scratch different itches. Heroes for a quick match, Dota for a longer one when I have time.  

2188 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo