Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2237 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
13. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 13:17 Frijoles

Played a few months ago and enjoyed it, but there didn't seem to be much point to the game after a while (a few hours). Didn't seem like much story. I'm hoping some of that is cleaned up. Looking forward to playing it tonight and seeing what's changed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released
2. Re: Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released Aug 28, 2015, 09:43 Frijoles

Oh AoE.. how far you have fallen.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 15:46 Frijoles

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:04:
They're annoying, but it's precisely how you're SUPPOSED to play. Quite a surprise the first time they do it though.

Blizzard also said they weren't done with Elite. I hope that means smarter AI and not just harder hitting/more health. Most matches before this change were over in 8 - 14 minutes. I did an elite a couple nights ago and it took 45 minutes. I love it. I also don't care for the real fights, but I do enjoy AI fights and have been looking forward to this change for a long time.

Oddly enough, I found the difficulty one below the default (the one below Adept) to be more frustrating since it seems my teammates have no idea how to play. The few matches I've done at that level involved people not doing the objectives, which made the fights that much harder. Contrast with Vet/Elite where everyone is pinging the map and teaming up. Makes sense, of course, but going easier for a quicker completion hasn't paid off.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 20, 2015, 21:10 Frijoles

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 20:27:
I'm surprised someone hasn't already come out with an app to pop in the name of your significant other and provide a match with the data dump if one exists. If it's out there, I haven't seen a link to it yet.

Be careful if you find one. The one I heard of was farming email addresses and was just seeded with an email dump from some other source.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Aug 18, 2015, 13:38 Frijoles

Monk may be my new go to support character when I need to do a daily. Wasn't too bad for support and had decent survivability in the "try it" map.

News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
5. Re: Rage2? Aug 18, 2015, 11:54 Frijoles

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 11:52:
Certainly didn't look good. Glad they went back to the drawing board...

How can you say that? There was a Ghostbuster at the end!

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
6. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 09:57 Frijoles

I played a couple months ago and enjoyed it, but decided to hold off until it came out of early access. Still had some UI annoyances. I liked how it was shaping up though, so I'm looking forward to trying it again.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards Aug 17, 2015, 21:07 Frijoles

shinchan0s wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:15:
Welp. Now I have a valid excuse for playing D3. Never got past Act 2 on Normal even after buying the expansion.

Find someone to power level you. Goes extremely fast. I did 65 - 70+18 in about 30 minutes with a friend of mine that was paragon 300 or so.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
9. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 11:12 Frijoles

PHJF wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 10:37:
Somebody thought a good idea for a game whose defining feature is parkour was to add vehicles? Somebody over there had a stroke, and not the genius kind.

Wonder how much driving there really is. I hated the driving parts of Rage. Hopefully this is just to get to your destination quicker while running over a few zombies.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patch on PTR
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patch on PTR Aug 11, 2015, 12:36 Frijoles

A difficulty dropdown has been added to the Versus A.I. screen, which can be used to switch among five different A.I. difficulty settings: Beginner, Recruit, Adept, Veteran, and Elite.

WOOT! Bots were way too fucking easy!

News Comments > The International Results
9. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 16:54 Frijoles

Congrats to both EG and CDEC. That was an awesome epic final match and CDEC did amazingly well. My only complain is on Valve's side. They really need to step of the post-game show. Not only does the stream in the Dota2 client stop shortly after the game (which cuts off commentary), I heard there wasn't much else after that aside from the music. They need an awards show or something, instead of just turning the lights off and going home.

Lots of fun though.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Adding 24-Player Custom Games
4. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Adding 24-Player Custom Games Aug 7, 2015, 17:00 Frijoles

This would let me hide my level of suck in a real PvP match.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Announced
14. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 16:16 Frijoles

Artifacts look cool, but everyone running around with the same weapon is meh. As I watched the video, I was hoping artifacts were the red named weapons and they'd be the new super-rare items that you had to work hard to get. Guess not. Not everyone should have Ashbringer.

Order Halls are garrison 2.0. I'm optimistic. If it's more like a hub, and there's a real reason to go there from time to time (unlike the DK area), then I'm interested.

And fuck yeah, Dalaran. They didn't say it, but I really hope it's a shared city. There was another city on the map they were showing, but I hope Dalaran is it. And I hope it's the same size as before. That place really felt alive.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2015, 10:57 Frijoles

Regardless of what the privacy settings are, the OS is free to lie to you about everything.

Also, if the OS is lying about it, it's only a matter of time until someone finds out. You can bet your ass people are sniffing the traffic coming out already to see what's being sent.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 20:02 Frijoles

I wonder how far the subs have to drop before WoW 2.0 drops. This at least explains why the expansion is coming so soon.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 21:30 Frijoles

born2expire wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 20:43:
I was also getting random disk usage spikes to 100% for a min or so, wehn back to 8.1 and everything is fast with zero problems.

I'm getting the same spike on one of my computers on a Samsung SSD. My other computer, also with an SSD, works just fine though. Spikes last around 20 seconds. Incredibly annoying. Boot time for me is fine though at 20 seconds with the latest nvidia drivers.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 16:51 Frijoles

wtf_man wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 14:08:
Don't sign in with a microsoft account. Better yet... don't even create one.

I fucked up yesterday and did this. After creating a local account I wanted to check out this super-fast version of Minecraft for Windows 10. So I sign in to the store via my Live account to grab it. Step away from computer for a few minutes and it locks. Come back and it wants my Live account password to unlock the screen, which is a randomized 24 character string that I don't know (I copy/paste it from the vault). Motherfuck. Stupid thing switched from local account to online account. Ended up having to go in to work just to open my vault and get the password. Stupid fucking thing. Lesson learned though. Avoid the store at all costs.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 16:45 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 15:40:
Thanks for all the feedback. Sound like a waste of money, even at $5 or so.

I enjoyed it. At $5 it would be well worth it IMO. Just don't go in to it thinking it's a Thief game.

News Comments > Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced
1. Re: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Announced Jul 31, 2015, 21:04 Frijoles

I'll buy it. The Don't Starve games are fun. It gets a bit tedious later in the game though when I have to keep chopping trees. At least food gets easier. One of the more enjoyable survival games I've played.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week
17. Re: World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 10:42 Frijoles

Task wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 08:26:
Even if I remotely thought about playing WoW again, I would probably just wander around all the abandoned areas. Everyone just flocks to the new zones from what I've read.

This is a major issue with WoD. Nobody flocks to new zones (Tanaan aside) because they're all sitting in their garrison. There's no reason to go anywhere. You can queue to anything. You can get resources in your garrison (herbs and mining). Tanaan is crap anyway unless you loved crystal farming and wanted to do it multiple times a day. Aside from the boss, there's no reason to go there once you finish rep grinding for flying.

I really wish they'd bring back a Dalaran type city so I know other people exist in the world.

2237 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo