Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Just Bob

Real Name Just Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Frijoles
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Lord of the Beans
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2000, 18:23
Total Comments 2123 (Senior)
User ID 6700

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
5. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 17, 2014, 17:45 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:29:
they really burned a lot of people with that Draconian DRM they are using.

I won't buy #2 because I can't play #1 due to constant crashing. The game is a piece of shit. If that's the DRM, they should remove that shit. WTF do they think Steam is? Bah! Pretty fun for 45 minutes. They just released a patch yesterday or so. I'm hoping it fixed some of the issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
38. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 19:49 Frijoles

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 19:15:
But the game costs $5? Wouldn't steam take 40% of that or something retarded? Just asking, but Steam doesn't seem nice to cheap games.

The game has microtransactions as well, so they'd be exposed to many more sales on Steam. I'm a little surprised they're charging anything for the base game considering Hearthstone is free, but I haven't looked in to it at all.

I'm not saying they have to sell on Steam, just that I hate making new purchases from various sites. I don't like having my info out there. I assume they take PayPal, so it's not such a big deal. It's just easier on Steam since I already have everything setup there. And honestly, all the posts here have me interested, so I'll probably try to get the trial working again and give it a shot.

36. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 18:16 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:06:
well it has it's own launcher, like many games do nowadays. so what about having to log into steam and the launcher is more appealing than just the launcher?

Buying a game on Steam:

1) Open store page
2) Click buy

Buying this game. I know this because I tried:

1) Download launcher stub.
2) Open launcher. Download full launcher.
3) Try to remember password.
4) Fail. Try to reset password. Repeat 3 - 4 until I give up.
5) Give up.

You're selling it pretty well, but unfortunately I can't login. Whether that's because I fail at reading and it's not the Minecraft login system, or because they refuse to send me a reset password, I dunno. I also don't care enough to dig deeper. This would all be a thing of the past if it were on Steam.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
20. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 11, 2014, 10:52 Frijoles

AlexSledge wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:59:
I don't know why anyone brings up customer service. What are you doing that you need customer service from Steam or any other of these places? I've got over 10 years in Steam, and well over half a K of games in the library, and I've never once even considered the existence of customer service for Steam much less the need for it.

You seem comfortable having your whole game library tied up on the whim of a single person at Valve and what mood they're in. I'm not.

13. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 10:44 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:31:
.. but without a Steam version there is no chance I will buy this.

Same boat here. Looks interesting, and if it were on Steam I may throw the $5 at it. Unless I hear a ton of people talking about it, I doubt I'll get it.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
9. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 08:35 Frijoles

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 04:10:
No worries. Im not getting hooked on Origin, which is the whole point of these 'free' games shenanigans any case.

I was boycotting EA until recently, and still sort of am (I avoid buying full-cost games). But the customer service on Steam is so utterly horrible, and the service on Origin so good, it's hard to resist it. I love Valve, but I don't to reward them for being cheapskates when it comes to service. I still buy a lot of stuff there, but lately I've been less full of hate when it comes to EA.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
6. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 8, 2014, 21:03 Frijoles

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:52:
Feels like the Landmark model. Big company acting like an Indy. See how this plays out.

I bought a founder pack for Landmark. Terrible mistake. They keep sending me email telling me to purchase a founder pack, yet that's precisely how they got my email address in the first place. I'm not sure what they're talking about and haven't been following it.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:36 Frijoles

How's the combat for non-archer classes? The combat for my archer is horrible. I barely even have to face the direction of a mob to shoot them. The combat is worse than an MMO, and the quests I've seen are the same (although I've read that's because I'm in the starter area). I played for a few hours and was bored out of my mind. I'm wondering if it's just that the archer class is shit.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character
2. Re: The Witcher 3 to Include a Second Playable Character Dec 6, 2014, 12:58 Frijoles

Would love to get the CE, but Amazon has been sold out for months. Keep hoping someone will cancel it when I check. Only a couple months left.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2014, 10:46 Frijoles

In the days after the April 2011 breach, Sony enlisted three independent computer security and forensic consulting firms to assess its security infrastructure

Either the three consulting firms failed miserably, or Sony re-fucked things up after just 3 years.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
20. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 10:43 Frijoles

Slashman wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 08:15:
So we have another Godus on our hands?

No. Godus was fun for an hour. This one isn't. SotA looks and plays like absolute shit. It's like all their assets came from the Unity store on sale, and as mentioned above, nothing feels responsive. Like playing a game from a decade ago on a computer from two decades ago.

News Comments > New Steam Early Access Guidelines
4. Re: New Steam Early Access Guidelines Nov 20, 2014, 23:03 Frijoles

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 21:00:
PHJF wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:05:
Craft the World. OH BY THE WAY IT AIN'T FUCKIN FINISHED. MADE YAH LOOK, IDIOT
While I agree with the general opinion, Craft the World is functional and releases in 4 days.

It's also fucking awesome. Better to pick on SpaceBase DF9 instead. Craft the World is a bad example since it's been playable with a ton of content for a year.

I'm not really sure what this warning will do, though. Reads more like a recommendation.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 21:52 Frijoles

1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 21:01:
is it just one big file that you copy over to another machine and dump in the same directory?

I did this with Mass Effect 3 a few days ago. Download the game wherever, open the Origin Games folder and you should see the new game. Copy it to a flash (consider zipping it first) and move it to the other computer. Tell Origin to download the game on the new computer. After it starts going, stop the download and close Origin. Rename or delete the folder it created. Copy your game in to the folder. Restart Origin. It should bypass the download and do a short install.

Worked fine with ME3. Might be an easier way, but I dunno. Haven't done it very often.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
1. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 10:57 Frijoles

Really enjoying the starter zone and garrison area. Keep getting sidetracked, and there seems to be quite a few reasons to explore now. Only level 91, but liking what I see so far.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Preorders
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Preorders Nov 12, 2014, 11:05 Frijoles

is now available to pre-order from digital distributors everywhere with a discount available for early purchasers.

Why would an early purchaser need to pre-order? What did I purchase if not the game?

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
4. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 22:24 Frijoles

I like to believe that if I had a few hundred million bucks, I'd start hosting a game award show that had some class. Something like Oscars where everyone shows up in a tux. Award best musical score. Award best technical work. Best voice actor/actress. Most immersive game, etc. Sure, there'd be a "best game" too, but it'd be so much more than that. Reward the people making the games, not the games themselves. Give out an awesome statue. Have a classy host.

I can dream. What we have now seems to be a teenager's orgasm on stage. And only the most hyped and marketed games can be a part of it.

News Comments > Approaching Infinity Approaches
9. Re: Approaching Infinity Approaches Nov 10, 2014, 22:18 Frijoles

Alamar wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:41:
When I think RPG, I think progression... New skills, abilities, and stronger as you go character... Persisted...

When I think Roguelike, I think repetition...

Angband FTW! So many hours lost in that game. So many dead @.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Nov 7, 2014, 21:14 Frijoles

I haven't played or followed DF-9 for a week, but my guess is not yet. One of the main issues with it, aside from just bugs, is the overall speed of the game. There's a defined time limit in the LUA files. After that time hits, you get a massive pirate attack on your base. They need a toggle to turn that off. I'd be absolutely pissed off if I built a massive base in Dwarf Fortress and had it wrecked after some arbitrary time because I wasn't prepared.

There's also the matter of way too many attacks taking place no matter where you settle. Depending on where you start, you have different amounts of threat. In the lowest threat range, you get attacks about every 5 minutes. And not "shrug 'em off" attacks. Attacks that can kill everyone in your base. Sometimes more than one at a time. It doesn't seem to pay attention to your threat rating. In fact, most of the LUA files just say 33% of whenever it ticks. Again, needs a toggle. Some people (like myself) don't want to play that way.

At least they're still patching bugs. Unfortunately their patches break any changes other people make to the LUA files, so it's not really worth modding until they can support it better.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
33. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 17:31 Frijoles

I hope it's as good as Brink! I kid, I kid. Looks fun, but I didn't see any hat interface. Hopefully it's just an original TF2 game before Valve went crazy. I miss those days.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 21:27 Frijoles

Atomic wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:37:
Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.

It's amazing. I can't play the game without my Rift now. It just feels cumbersome to looks around the cockpit with a mouse or joystick. And nothing beats the feeling of watching a ship whiz by overhead as you try to watch where it goes.

Lots of judder and difficult to read some text, but overall a great experience. Just got a gtx980 this week just so I can run VR better. Need to get some time to hook it up now.

2123 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo