Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dennis

Real Name Dennis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Grokk
Email grokk@thehouseofgrokk.com
ICQ 36449305
Description I play Games, manage unix servers and write programs.
Homepage http://www.thehouseofgrokk.com
Signed On Aug 13, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 190 (Novice)
User ID 6672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Learning From ME2 and DA2 Mistakes Jun 30, 2011, 21:26 Grokk

ME3 has so many possibilities, though at this point I'm going to wait until I see some reviews before purchasing this time around.

I blindly bought ME2 and DA2 on the assumption that bioware knew what they were doing. Shame on me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallen Earth Going Free-to-Play
6. Re: Fallen Earth Jun 16, 2011, 00:14 Grokk

I played Fallen Earth when it first came out. Quite enjoyed it to be honest.

I vaguely recall there being mention of a F2P model going into the game like 12 months ago though. I must be thinking of something else.

News Comments > RAGE Delayed
3. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 03:14 Grokk

Wonder if it's going to be 3 weeks worth of more awesome?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2 May 17, 2011, 22:53 Grokk

I played for a short time last night before sleeping. Loving it so far.  

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Geo IP
4. Re: GOG.com Drops Geo IP May 10, 2011, 04:15 Grokk

Asmo wrote on May 10, 2011, 00:51:
Curious, I wonder if you can buy Witcher 2 unedited by changing your country of origin? The timing of this change so shortly after that announcement is a bit to close to be coincidental...

I certainly hope so, being that I live in a country where the game has been censored.

News Comments > Witcher 2 AU Censorship
7. Re: Witcher 2 AU Censorship May 6, 2011, 03:53 Grokk

FML.

WTB New country to live in.

News Comments > Diablo III in the "Home Stretch"
3. Re: Diablo III in the Apr 28, 2011, 10:51 Grokk

I can't wait, but I too have soo many other games to get through.  

News Comments > WoW Patched
4. Re: WoW Patched Apr 27, 2011, 04:26 Grokk

Ant wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 00:08:
Did Blizzard stop doing downloadable standalone updates?

According to www.mmo-champion.com there were patches out in the wild as early as Friday last week, so I guess they are still doing them.

News Comments > WoW Patched
2. Re: WoW Patched Apr 26, 2011, 22:36 Grokk

I used the launcher last night a couple hours after the servers went down. Was only about 300ish mb and was completed in about 10 mins.

I like the downloader now with 'Setup', 'Core files' and then 'More to download but you can play the game while it loads in the background' option.
Still however, it's going to be another 6 hours before I get home and can try out the new heroics.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2011, 19:47 Grokk

DangerDog wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 18:24:
Just got me APB closed beta invite. Anyone else get theirs yet?

beware of the garbage truck griefing

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59871/Heres-How-People-Grief-In-APB

That video is pretty funny

News Comments > Fable III on Steam
13. Re: Fable III on Steam Apr 22, 2011, 09:42 Grokk

I enjoyed Fable on the original xbox. I think it was the only game I ever finished on the console before it got put away.

I'm half interested in this one however, but definitely not at release with witcher2 coming out at the same time.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Demo Plans
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Demo Plans Apr 22, 2011, 09:37 Grokk

Cornholio wrote on Apr 22, 2011, 05:26:
I still don't see pings in the bc2 browser... it's the only game like that.

I had to start steam as administrator to get the pings to show up initially, but I'm pretty sure that was resolved.
Either way, if you're not seeing pings then try starting steam itself as administrator and see how it goes.

*This does assume you are running the game via steam, otherwise I guess running the game as admin would suffice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2011, 23:30 Grokk

I decided to try out Portal 2 last night after the WoW servers went down (AU). Needless to say I got about 2/3 of the way through it in a continuous session of '1 more level' before finally deciding it might be wise to get some sleep before work.

My son was having a blast in co-op mode with one of his mates, laughing his head off while stuck in a loop made from ejector plates and portals.
Needless to say my wife wasn't too impressed with the amount of noise coming out of the computer room

Overall it looks like a nice second game in the series.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 18, 2011, 22:29 Grokk

This does not bode well my friends.

I don't even really associate with half the people I've friended on facebook. The last thing I want is for my ugly cousins head to pop up in a game when I only accepted his friend request to appease other people in my family.
To be honest, I hate people. I'd rather have a craptastic conversation with an NPC than talk with real people while I'm trying to play a game.

Sooo yeah....

Get off my lawn and stay out of my games dammit!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 21:18 Grokk

*Like!  

News Comments > Down Under Steam Pricing
4. Re: Down Under Steam Pricing Apr 15, 2011, 12:13 Grokk

I appreciate that Valve doesn't gouge the prices and I will happily pay for their games on Steam, but it really irks me whem publishers are charging $90 USD for a game when I know in the US it's only going to be $50.
In that case I will often just go out and support the local bricks and mortar stores rather than buy the games on Steam.

If it did cost more to ship the games etc.. to AU then I wouldn't mind, but we all know that digital downloads to international locations is no more expensive then selling them locally.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Apr 8, 2011, 22:01 Grokk

They can only get number one by removing their DRM and actually doing something for the people who do purchase their titles.
Making every paying customer feel like a thief is not going to help with customer loyalty.
I would also recommend slapping around the people who keep coming up with sequels that are by far worse than the original. But hey, seems pretty much everyone does that nowadays and prays that their brand sells rather than each title on it's own merits.

News Comments > 15 Hours of RAGE?
15. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 7, 2011, 01:54 Grokk

SectorEffector wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 01:18:
In one of the gameplay vid's showing off the "awesome" rc car with explosives,the ragdoll was already "fading away" and or dissappearing before the ragdoll even fully landed and stopped moving on the ground.

Did I mention the decals are fading quicker then Medal of Honors decals from the playstation one version.

So blow up a room full of guys, and before you even leave it looks like nothing happened, no player manipulating their environment and its inhabitants, its all clean again.

Aah, I see you've played the Australian enhanced version of Left4Dead2.

*wanders off mumbling about stupid censorship bullshit ruining games.....*

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners [Updated]
58. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners [Updated] Apr 6, 2011, 10:38 Grokk

Bizzarely they let me redeem this game on my existing bioware account that already has ME2 linked to it
I'd have preferred in the event that someone already owns the game that they could have provided some of the bioware cash or whatever they called their DLC money.
Still, as was mentioned it is purely a marketing / business thing, and I couldn't care either way. Yesterday some people didn't have ME2, today they do. Looks like a win for a lot of people no matter what.

News Comments > Rogers Throttling WoW
8. Re: Rogers Throttling WoW Mar 26, 2011, 21:43 Grokk

Pigeon wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 16:12:
Well if blizzard wouldn't pirate its own game then they wouldn't have to throttle the traffic. I mean all p2p traffic is obviously pirates looking to steal intellectual property and waste bandwidth.

This ^^.

190 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo