Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dennis

Real Name Dennis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Grokk
Email grokk@thehouseofgrokk.com
ICQ 36449305
Description I play Games, manage unix servers and write programs.
Homepage http://www.thehouseofgrokk.com
Signed On Aug 13, 2000, 23:56
Total Comments 158 (Novice)
User ID 6672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > OlliOlli for PCs Next Week
3. Re: OlliOlli for PCs Next Week Jul 16, 2014, 02:22 Grokk

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:17:
Boom-sick? Gnarly? Rad? Shred? Kick-flip? Is this some kind of joke?

I think their target demographic is 30 years ago. Perhaps Blue forgot to post this when it first came out in 1984?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
16. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 20:15 Grokk

For beginners, trying to get into the game without someone showing you the ropes is tedious at best and for some, downright impossible. You can be forgiven for giving up before it all falls in to place in that regard.

On the other hand, when all of a sudden everything just "clicks", it becomes like watching the matrix. All the little ascii characters change from being random squiggles on the screen in some jumbled mess, into rooms and dwarfs and just some epic world that you find yourself in.

The more you play it, the easier it is to visualize the world and understand what the dwarfs are thinking/doing.

.... then someone dies, drained of all their blood.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 20:49 Grokk

harlock wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:00:
cant these useless fuckers come up with one goddamn original idea anymore?

Indeed. Sure, Predator was a brilliant movie in it's day, but all of these "reboots" and shit completely change everything about the movie.

Total Recall the original was great, the newer version.... well whatever. Sure there was no Arnie, but they could have at least got their arse to Mars!

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Launches
1. Re: EVE Online Kronos Launches Jun 4, 2014, 07:08 Grokk

Just started playing again a few days ago. The game is looking pretty nice nowadays. Price of ships has increased quite a lot since I last played though.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 in Alpha
5. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 in Alpha Jun 3, 2014, 00:54 Grokk

His description of Alpha more closely describes what a proper Beta is.

Like he said, he can call it whatever he wants, but if the game is completely playable from start to end with all features implemented then it's a lot further along than most beta's nowadays achieve.

I never did finish the first game though...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation May 13, 2014, 23:08 Grokk

Fantaz wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:20:
Simon Says wrote on May 13, 2014, 19:57:
"Watch Dogs runs at 900p on PS4, 792p on Xbox One
Ubisoft confirms 30 frames per second on both systems"

So much for "next-gen".

Those pieces of crap are so underpowered its not even funny. -_-

1440p on my computer

I had previously been unable to decide if I wanted the PS4 or PC version. I was actually leaning toward the PS4, but now this has certainly made the PC the only choice.

I still chuckle that it's a higher resolution on the PS4 than the Xbone. MS really dropped the ball on this generation of consoles.

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
13. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 9, 2014, 02:55 Grokk

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this other than it's a card game and I don't play these types of card games.

Seriously though, am I the only one that is fed up with everything about Blizzard being about balance?
Every single patch for every single game they release needs to have some "balance" done to it. I swear, they can't have any outside testers at all testing this stuff prior to some kind of release. let alone some testers that actually know what they're doing rather than an open beta where people just want to see/play the game and offer nothing in the way of useful feedback.

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
13. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 21:14 Grokk

I read it as "A shitty mobile to PC port with a premium price tag because we own the rights to the game, so you'll pay for it."

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
3. Re: Space Engineers Sells 500K May 6, 2014, 20:27 Grokk

I've been interested in getting this for a while now.
Problem is that I'm so entrenched in minecraft at the moment, I don't have time for anything else.

News Comments > Soldak's Next Game
3. Re: Soldak's Next Game Apr 30, 2014, 20:29 Grokk

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 19:36:
You know, I've been a pretty big fan of zombie games... But even I have to admit that it's getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Indeed. This announcement was the first time I've thought to myself "I'm actually over this zombie thing".

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2014, 23:18 Grokk

I want to play this game, but I'm torn between getting it for the PC, or the PS4.
I never really liked GTA4 on the PC, and V worked fine for me on the console, but I'm primarily a PC gamer.

FPS games are a no brainer for playing on the PC, but the 3rd person stuff seems to work just as well on a console, provided that it has some sort of auto-aim.
On the other hand, maybe KB+M will work. *shrug*

News Comments > Goat Simulator This Summer
5. Re: Goat Simulator This Summer Mar 4, 2014, 19:03 Grokk

I'm not sure if I'll buy the game, but I'll be sure to watch a lot of the youtube videos that people will be posting.

As stupid/fun as the game might be, I'm more interested in seeing just how much cash they can make from it.
It's like instant stardom with 15 minutes of fame and what that equates to in $$ in todays internet connected world of weirdos and freaks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2014, 20:45 Grokk

Frijoles wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 16:29:
Banished is a harsh, harsh mistress. We survived the famines. We survived the cold winters with little firewood and ragged clothes. Things were going well until... Old Age. Guess I should have built more houses.

That's pretty much how my 4th game went. I thought I was hammering along given my previous attempts, then all of a sudden they started dropping like flies.

My next attempt, with new found knowledge had me building more houses and such, then as luck would have it, one caught fire.
The fire spread to the adjoining 5 houses over the next couple of minutes and eventually left me with 2/3rd of the population out in the cold for the winter.

I didn't play it over the weekend, in favour of a new minecraft world.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 18:56 Grokk

I picked up 2 copies for myself and the missus. I like buying through the humble store as I can use bitcoins, which I'm having trouble getting rid of.

The game itself is pretty decent, though there are a couple of weird bits. Like planting a crop although you don't have any seeds initially, but you can still plant 1-2 things. Same with orchards.
Right off the bat the food consumption seems pretty high, I figured you need to get fishing and hunting up and going straight away with at least 2 people working each.

Graphics wise it's a little low on detail/polys but I think once you get a metropolis built the slightly lower quality will be a bonus with keeping fps up.

From what I've played so far, I'd give it a 7/10 and well worth my $20.

News Comments > FTL: Advanced Edition Plans
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 21:05 Grokk

They should have scrapped the idea of a free expansion and just done a version 2.  

News Comments > Valve on VAC and Trust
2. Re: Valve on VAC and Trust Feb 18, 2014, 18:05 Grokk

Comments are back? Woo!

I've seen a lot of complaints about people getting banned recently, especially within the RUST forums on steam.
So I found this article to be quite interesting.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing
2. Re: Goat Simulator Now a Real Thing Feb 11, 2014, 19:20 Grokk

Sadly I know I'd get a good couple of hours of hilarious enjoyment from this.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: DOOM! Dec 10, 2013, 20:53 Grokk

Though it's not something most people want to spend the money for, it's worth noting that larger (17" or greater) monitors will provide a deathmatch advantage. When using a larger monitor everything on the screen appears larger (duh), which improves your aim, situational awareness, etc.

I remember playing Q1 @15" on the lan with a bunch of mates and one of them was from a filthy rich family so he had a PC powerful enough to run glQuake and a 19" monitor. Man did that look sweet.

DOOM(2) and Duke3D though were pretty much everything at the time though. Nothing compared to the speed and adrenaline of those games when playing deathmatch with your mates in the same room.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2013, 17:47 Grokk

Offensive underboob.

Is that an oxymoron, or just a term used by a moron.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Nov 12, 2013, 21:26 Grokk

This really doesn't sound that exciting at all to be honest.

On top of the issues surrounding the game in the first place, there's not a chance I'd touch this.

158 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo