Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > New Rocket Arena 3
3. The new map "Q2DM1-ish" map Apr 26, 2003, 07:34 Elvis

ROCKS. I've some of the others, but this one takes the cake visually - hope someone releases this as regular DM, ala' the RA map "overkill".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Rocket Arena 3
1. Ya YO! Apr 25, 2003, 21:17 Elvis

Finally! Mucho Gracias Mr. Wright!

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Teasing
158. Re: No subject (reply to Dantastic) Apr 25, 2003, 19:57 Elvis

I still don't know. I just do not know. Yeah, the visuals are a site to behold, yet they are no guarantee for strong gameplay - be it linear OR free-form. I recall the slathering by some over Red Faction with it's geo-mod tech and fans blowing grenade smoke this way and that, and the screenshots galore. Then lo and behold the gameplay (and hence the game itself) was a let down.
And free-form gameplay I think is in its infancy, with maybe two games doing it well? (GTA 3 & Mafia), so....I just don't know!

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 19:58.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. didn't know where else to put this Apr 25, 2003, 19:49 Elvis

DAMN the lady in the Cancun ad on the front page has a rockin' ass!

News Comments > TRINITY Lives
17. a link to Joe Eigo's site Apr 25, 2003, 19:41 Elvis

who may be doing motion capture for this game http://www.joeeigo.com/multilevelmoves/index.html
click on movies. the man can MOVE!(saw on shacknews)

and. . .New Orleans?! Will this mark the first time that city has seen the light of day in an FPS?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. RF II is already out for the PC Apr 25, 2003, 08:23 Elvis

has been for about a week. I played through the first one - not bad, lots of missed opportunities - great setting though. RF II for the PC has been getting above average reviews (7 of out 10 on gamespot I think)

btw, RF 2 PC is cheap, $20 @ best buy.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 08:24.

News Comments > On Half-Life 2
39. Looks good Apr 24, 2003, 18:21 Elvis

lots of drawn detail, versus textured detail, like UT2K3.
off topic: i have to agree with a poster on shacknews - why does CNN get to post an actual screenie while sites like this one and shacknews have to wait or be threatened with legal action? CNN has clout and a huge reach, certainly, but come on Valve!!!!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Hits the Newsstands
86. Re: D3 and HL2 Apr 23, 2003, 05:49 Elvis

ack, i finally see what people are talking about in that shot. the dynamic lighting on the soldier DOES look low tech. then again, look at q3 the game when you fire a rocket at a wall, the light pattern is rectangular.

given how nice the other shots, and the flame effects in the fire shot (and what could be real time lighting going on ), i can't imagine hl2 having 2 bit dynamic effects.

65. Re: Oh yeah..(Blood 2) Apr 22, 2003, 22:44 Elvis

since mike dussault of lithtech 1 & 2 fame (shogo, blood 2, nolf, nolf 2) is there, I would not be surprised if one engine reminded you of another. i dug blood 2 as well

63. Re: re : #29 Apr 22, 2003, 22:39 Elvis

Creston, its funny you say that "the bar is set extremely high in this current day", then go on to mention in the same sentence two very unreleased games as though they've set some new standard. I disagree that "very unlinear / open ended gameplay" automatically equals gameplay greatness, and that HL2 needs to go this route to be impressive. Its like anything else - someone has to make it work, get the details right, and make it fun - just like the GTA folks did. Besides, linear gameplay is a good match for storytelling. Look at Medal of Honor and NOLF2 - very linear, still tons of fun and sold very well (at least MOH did).

and questioning IF it will get released - huh?!

59. looks good to me too Apr 22, 2003, 22:16 Elvis

seems there's shadows on all the characters. the three-legged spider/mech looks amazing, especially its scale. the view distance appears to go quite far. the one shot of the city street with the two columns with horses atop has a lot of drawn detail, as does the other shot of zombies in the alley/courtyard (the caption says the zombies will pick objects up, like oil drums, and throw them at you). there's a shot of a character coming out of fire - the flames look good.

the staff at valve includes mike dussault (lead lithtech engineer, versions 1 & 2), tom leonard (lead programmer thief 1), charlie brown & gary mctaggart (ex 3dfx & ritual), and yahn bernier and ken birdwell, the guys who did much or all of the original tech for half-life....so its unlikely that hl2 will be a slouch in the any of the key tech departments - video, sound.

46. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2003, 19:41 Elvis

not you Bunko, but #41 "Rajajuju".

44. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2003, 19:37 Elvis

troll.

43. Re: Hmmm... Apr 22, 2003, 19:36 Elvis

thanks unmaker. dig that way tall three-legged spider/mech thing in the first shot! very "war of the worlds". the skeletal movement tech of mechanical and alien characters in the first half life was very cool looking; if its seen any improvement since then, this spider guy should move well. and dig the scale of it too.

39. Re: HL 2 tidbits from firingsquadposter Apr 22, 2003, 19:19 Elvis

Thanks Scott. I was hoping a blues faithful would verify that stuff.

37. Re: Update (Rob Smith edit) Apr 22, 2003, 19:18 Elvis

i am just laughing my ass off at one "Max Wattenberg" for posting scans he shouldn't be posting, then posting a scan of the cover with his name and address on it!! What? was he just so excited to get the scans posted he NEVER saw the address label, or he did see it but no connection was made because he was mumbling over and over "must. get. scans. posted." classic. 20 says he doesn't get in any trouble.

33. HL 2 tidbits from firingsquadposter Apr 22, 2003, 19:03 Elvis

from: http://firingsquad.gamers.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=5049

"My Half Life 2 PC Gamer came in the mail today.
Some interesting quick things I've read so far:
- Girl character is not playable
- Same author of story as the first Half Life
- Interactive scripted scenes
- Barney and the G-Man both get face lifts of
sorts
- There will be a Half Life 3
- Half Life 2 comes out Sept. 30
- The Plot: There is a new alien invasion and some
of the Xen aliens are now your allies.
- The game takes place in a Eastern European
city.
- The game supposedly will be able to run on a
DX6-compatible TNT card
- Mentions a more robust mod making expierence
- Cool in-game psychics

Final paragraph in the article that I thought was
kind of cool:
"THE LAST DEMO is over, and i's the scripted
sequence to end all scripted sequences. Or... was
it scripted?
"We're going on this ride with the player," says
Gabe Newell assuringly. "And we intednt to scare
the crap out of you.""

has anyone else had the urge to play through HL1 again?! with the systems some of us have now (though not me :(, we could really crank the visuals - AA, anisotropy, etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Feel for ya Blue Apr 13, 2003, 20:44 Elvis

Christ, I would check for a gas leak Blue. Clearly there was some substantial IQ drop during the time you were mucking around with the Xbox and Tivo.

Have to ask: which game was it? Maybe the Blue's faithful could get together for an ebay purchase!

News Comments > On Doom III & the Xbox
74. btw blue Apr 7, 2003, 01:22 Elvis

nice way you posted this

News Comments > On Doom III & the Xbox
73. This almost sounded too far fetched Apr 7, 2003, 01:20 Elvis

until I read Microsoft was the one "offering vault loads of money" to make it an Xbox exclusive. But that even seems a little tarded even for them, for a million reasons. No WAY id would make Doom 3 Xbox only. The backlash alone would be huge. Carmack would need his rockets from armadilloaerospace.com just to leave the planet and stay alive. And with the revenue that the Doom 3 brand is going to generate, MS seeing any of that action would/could look like a buyout, even if a massive-one-time-lump-sum-no-string-attached deal is reached. id values its private nature too much.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo