Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On Quake IV Concept Art
14. much of it looks cool Jul 21, 2003, 20:10 Elvis

though some of the vehicle concepts reminded me of HR Puff 'n Stuff with the small wheels in front, big in back! looking forward to fighting the stroggs again, and very anxious to see the look of q2 extended with the doom 3 tech.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 20:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. id's fanshop Jul 2, 2003, 19:32 Elvis

is cool, but their support/download page has been in a "coming soon" status for years!

News Comments > New Q3A Maps
9. Always liked Team Arena Jun 30, 2003, 18:34 Elvis

The weapons were lots of fun (chaingun, sticky grenades), many of the maps were cool, and the team-oriented gametypes were done well. I recall the outcry from the community when TA was released with a $30 (or was it $40?) price tag. I believe this is one of the primary factors leading to its unpopularity: folks were to put off by the high price and the fact that, in a time when Epic had released quite a bit of free content for Unreal Tournament, id was charging people in the first place. TA is not installed, but this map just might have me find the disc.

News Comments > Max Payne 2 in Winter & More Sims?
12. Re: Max Payne writing.... Jun 11, 2003, 03:17 Elvis

yeah, dead to rights was pretty cool, and i agree max was superior. i played through max late last year using that first person "eep" mod - pretty nifty. but really, WHERE ARE THE SCREENS? any word on what engine/tech MP2 is using?

News Comments > More on Xbox Half-Life 2
5. With a Jun 10, 2003, 18:35 Elvis

triple A developer like Valve, a very profitable brand in half-life, and a highly anticipated title in the works, you think this MS XBOX prod mgr would show a little restraint!

Disappointing of the Seattle bizjournals site to edit the article and make no mention of it.

News Comments > Valve on Xbox Half-Life 2
19. Re: Xbox AFTER the PC...thank you Jun 9, 2003, 17:59 Elvis

"Mixed messages" evidently translates into "Valve are poopie-heads for not playing ball like Bungie did"

hilarious.

News Comments > Valve on Xbox Half-Life 2
18. Rather dumb Jun 9, 2003, 17:57 Elvis

or more likely arrogant of the XBOX people to be making comments with words like "mixed messages". All Valve does is say is two sentences and everything is right again. And the XBOX folks look none the better.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
45. Re: No subject May 29, 2003, 18:51 Elvis

I want to forget about this game for good, and let them work in peice untill release, that's all ANYBODY can do at this point...

Not a bad idea. Worked for me with HL2.

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject May 29, 2003, 18:36 Elvis

test

35. Re: well... May 29, 2003, 18:15 Elvis

How? It's his opinion.

Everyone has faith in Valve now that HL2 has been announced with a release date. Why not have the same faith in DN4?

This comment was edited on May 29, 18:36.

34. Re: No subject May 29, 2003, 18:13 Elvis

"It's a good way to live, unfortunately it means there is absolutely no kind of incentive or pressure to actually work hard on what you're working on (in their case, DNF.)"
People were saying the same thing about Valve a month ago.

Pressure, especially release and financial pressures, is what has contributed to many so-so titles of late, i.e. Unreal 2 and Devastation.

22. Re: well... May 29, 2003, 17:49 Elvis

True Valve did no hype, which was smart and 3DR is probably wishing they had done as well, though 3DR has had no media or hype in 2 years, going on 3. Which of course is deserving of rampant speculation.

Saying you have more faith in Valve at this point is beyond moot.

16. Re: No subject May 29, 2003, 17:39 Elvis

oy vey Dantastic - this DOES fit the "when its done" credo, but man do I hope this isn't true!

/reaches for pepto bismol.

13. FYI May 29, 2003, 17:12 Elvis

from 3DR's Scott Miller @ http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=6846402:

"The write-off has to do with the fee that Take2 paid to Infogrames to buy the rights to DNF. 3DR got no part of this money -- a total of $12 million.

The reason Take2 did this is that it's a smart revenue management move: Take a markdown now while Vice City is super successful and overall revenues are sky high, then when DNF comes out it's 100% pure profit (because they took the write-down well before the game came out).

Genius."

12. Re: Mr. Broussards Opus May 29, 2003, 17:08 Elvis

I'm at the 3dr boards regularly, including the DN4 board - which posts are you referring to 'seenitall' where "you're starting to see posts from former dnf4 team members saying the game is basically forked at this point"?

11. well... May 29, 2003, 17:06 Elvis

This is disappointing news to be sure, but you're being shortsighted imo Anvil. It would have been very easy (and it was for some) to say the same thing about Valve regarding HL2. How long was it we did not see any material on that?! 4, 5 years? People thought Unreal was vaporware as well (made Wired's list twice didn't it?). 3DR sold the Max Payne intellectual property for 30 some odd million in...2000, DNF:MP sold well (as have other Duke ports), and 3DR has been self-funded for as long as id has been (forever?) - so I have a hard time buying the "no more funds" yaya. As far as the team dissolving, you'd have to be more specific.

This comment was edited on May 29, 17:28.

News Comments > Carmack on Drivers
7. Tim Sweeney's comments May 27, 2003, 18:37 Elvis

The Reverend of 3d Pulpit fame asked Tim Sweeney his thoughts on all this issue:

http://beyond3d.com/#news6041

News Comments > More NVIDIA vs. Futuremark
8. futuremark = pretty tech demo May 23, 2003, 18:15 Elvis

I agree wtih Wowbagger_TIP. I have never taken any 3dMark/Futuremark stuff to be anything more than a pretty tech demo. I am much more interested in a bench run from an actual game, especially those from either id or epic since they're licensed so much. Wouldn't it be nice to see people get away from this crap and just benchmark with real games. Certainly cheaper for everyone in the long run, and much more informative!

This comment was edited on May 23, 18:16.

News Comments > Still More E3 Movies
3. UT2004 footage May 16, 2003, 23:22 Elvis

very brief, but you see some of the vehicles, including the "skimmer" -

http://www.e3insider.com/floored/floored02PM.htm

click on "WATCH FLOORED," wait for the video to load, and then click on the "Unrealism!" chapter.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Trailer
101. Re: OH MAH GAWD!! May 15, 2003, 09:01 Elvis

in a link in this thread somewhere, there's a bunch of HL2 shots, and one of a new Dell "Gaming" system, the ones in the blue cases. On the Dell site, these are only for sale with ATI 9800s (128 & 256)...certainly not proof positive.
So P4 3 gig with the latest video card from either NVIDIA or ATI!

On a related note, does anyone believe the game will actually run on a TNT-class card as Valve has stated?

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo