Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo Delay
51. Cool! Nov 20, 2003, 19:40 Elvis

I was not aware a demo was even planned and actually, gasp, prior to release of the game! And they're keeping the public informed, even though it's moderately bad news.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UT2003 Community Bonus Pack
10. Re: Wow Oct 28, 2003, 16:46 Elvis

While it may not revive the game, it gives me a reason to play it again.

I was thinking the same thing...it's also interesting why this hasn't shown up yet on shacknews.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Whew! Oct 22, 2003, 13:36 Elvis

For a moment there I thought Blue was yelling at us!
In the time I've been visiting this place, I don't think he's ever yelled, has he?

News Comments > UT2004 Pricing Plans
21. Re: Hey.. Oct 16, 2003, 14:32 Elvis

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.

lol! - the first signature file to ever have me laughing outloud.

News Comments > UT2004 Pricing Plans
20. Re: WHAT? Oct 16, 2003, 14:29 Elvis

FYI, I believe they are available for download:

http://www.masteringunreal.com/

also look here:
http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/uunr_tr.php

"special" editions usually have little value cept for the collectors or hardcore fans or those into displaying such stuff.

352. No subject Sep 18, 2003, 17:35 Elvis

Another longtime reader Blue wishing your Ma comes out alright. My thoughts are with you and your Family.

News Comments > Jedi Academy Demo
144. out of 10, i give the demo a 6 Sep 12, 2003, 00:14 Elvis

I thought the demo was just ok. It was fun and things looked very nice, though when compared to the also-Q3-engined powered Call of Duty, it fell way short, especially concerning performance. Both missions were fun, especially the second one, though I found both ho-hum. Call of Duty I played several times, and it was just one-level. I mistakenly thought this was UT2003 powered (the recently announced Star Wars Rogue-Spear style game is I think).

News Comments > Source Engine Trailer
32. Me thinks it looks nice Sep 12, 2003, 00:04 Elvis

Riker - do you have AA or AF turned on? Ran ok for me. While the haze and glare in the first room were nifty, and the monster was very nice looking (though i wonder what the detail is like when you're not right up close), the drawn detail in the city was what impressed me the most. Many buildings that all look different from one another, antenna, chimmneys. Is the 9900 out yet?!

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo
23. Worthplaying link points to Warlord demo Aug 29, 2003, 21:12 Elvis

at least as of 6:07pm PST. type in "call of duty" in the downloads search box to find the correct worthplaying download pages. grabbed it from them at 150k/sec.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
122. Re: Single or MP Aug 29, 2003, 11:13 Elvis

Wrong still. PCG brings up flaws they find in previews. E.g., the AI in XIII.

115. Re: Single or MP Aug 29, 2003, 10:21 Elvis

Huh? They give plenty of bad reviews, when deserved.

114. Re: Integrity on the line Aug 29, 2003, 10:20 Elvis

I agree that it will be interesting. I doubt if they'll outright trash it and risk losing any credibility over a review of a single title or risk jeopardizing future activities with Activision. I mean, let's face it: they're running a business. A business that is to a degree reliant on a company like Activision, what with the console stuff they do in addition to PC releases. I do suspect they may be more honest with the flaws they find in Call of Duty. Any response from Fileplanet so far?

112. Single or MP Aug 29, 2003, 10:09 Elvis

I would also suspect its single player. The recent issue of PC Gamer has its staff absolutely salivating over the beta they've had in their possession. Seems its Medal of Honor (with lots of cool scripted events) taken to the next level, with a de-emphasis on you being the center of the action. PCG said you're more like a regular soldier now - not the center of the action but simply a part of it.

83. Go Blue! Aug 29, 2003, 05:49 Elvis

How gratifying to know a united stand can still make a difference, even against an industry giant like Activision. Off to Shacknews to post my kudos there.

206. Awfully late ringing in Aug 25, 2003, 10:35 Elvis

with my opinion of the ads. . .whatever it takes to keep this site is OK with me, short of Blue returning to streetwalking. The new Google toolbar does very well in suppressing the pop-ups. As I've wondered outloud when this site has hit hard times before (and pardon the repeat as I've not yet waded through the 200+ comments here): any ideas for expanding the site, brining in more traffic? We've all watched Shacknews grow (don't know if its flourished); what new directions could Bluesnews go in to keep afloat?

News Comments > Graeme Devine Departs id
5. Re: Hmm. Aug 8, 2003, 18:27 Elvis

Wondered about this too. There must be a horde of designers interested in going to id, bringing their ideas, stirring them up, moving them in a new direction. Graeme seemed to do a lot of coding at id (did the sound system for D3 ya?); we don't seem to know much about his influence as a designer there, especially with Tim Willits being the lead designer on D3.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Q&A - Delay Follow-up
26. No subject Aug 7, 2003, 16:12 Elvis

wha?! oh no, not another leak!

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 16:13.

News Comments > English XIII Demo
8. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2003, 14:03 Elvis

well, a few windows to wade through, but i seemed to catch it right as it hit. when it told me "servers at capacity", i waited a bit and hit f5, suddenly my d/l was "ready"

zip is not asking me for a password.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 14:09.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Distribution & Mod Plans
6. Re: Just say no ... Aug 1, 2003, 16:08 Elvis

I'm just hoping that there will be plenty of other suprises that they're holding out on right now.]

So am I. Newell has mentioned there is much more to see. He's too smart to show the world everything prior to release. I wonder what other big moments HL2 has ala' "striker" and the flying alien/dune buggy sequence.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
56. Drats Jul 29, 2003, 21:59 Elvis

At least it's only "later in the year", which unfortunately seems to usually mean "next year". I am surprised as they appeared to be driving toward that date for quite a long while. Does anyone think they saw anything at E3 that has them going back to the drawing board?

update: Shacknews is reporting that HL2 is NOT delayed.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 22:04.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo