Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
35. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2004, 19:59 Elvis

OpenGL standards were ignored
and are all the time. Cryptic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Results: Aug 16, 2004, 19:56 Elvis

I installed the Cat4.8 drivers, and here are my Doom3 results:

whew, those are some smokin' results punisher! i am also running the 4.9 betas with the Humus tweak. at 10x7HQ vsync off i get 49.7. i played through at these settings, and was glad i could run 8xAF - 16x must look super (or does it?). btw, how do you enable triple buffering?

A64 3400+, Asus K8N-E, 1GB Corsair 3200XL 2-2-2-5, ATI 9800XT, XP PRO SP2 as well (and no problems so far), Antec Sonata / True 550.

31. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2004, 19:41 Elvis

Some people still seem to believe Doom 3 was programmed for Nvidia cards... stupid fanboys.

It's the other way around MB: NVIDIA 6800 GPUs were made to run D3. Carmack asked, ok ok, suggested, NVIDIA add certain things to the 6800 line so that it could embrace D3 tech, they did. I mean, id and Nvidia collaborated - what's the big deal?

Running the beta 4.9s now with lots of stuff...probably no need to try the 4.8s, though i'm always curious.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
58. So much effort & the dog still got away! Aug 16, 2004, 18:26 Elvis

Total bummer Blue. Kudos for your good samaritan efforts. While losing a puppy aint exactly a major transgression, it never surprises me the mountains of abuse - or just plain carelessness - people heap onto an animal. If you've ever watched that AnimalPlanet show, the dog detectives or something, where a camera crew follows an animal control crew, you know exactly what I mean. I'm sure this one found its way home.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 3
22. Re: D3 Aug 14, 2004, 08:24 Elvis

Currently playing: Red Orchestra 2.0 For UT2004

I need to try this. I've heard and read the learning curve is steep, but anything WWII has a pull.

21. Re: D3 Aug 14, 2004, 08:20 Elvis

I hope it's not DNF. I know D3 engine is good 3DR, but just think how good the next engine froom id will be, best just to wait for that one.

I really doubt it. Broussard on the 3DR forums has said many times that "the renderer is 100% ours". my guesses are something from American McGee, RTCW 2 or a title from Splash Damamge.

17. Re: Splash Damage's next project Aug 14, 2004, 02:35 Elvis

my guess is RTCW 2.

16. Re: D3 Aug 14, 2004, 02:33 Elvis

it may come in a dvd case - even better than the US!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source/Half-Life 2 Preloads
67. Re: Well... Aug 11, 2004, 17:03 Elvis

I hear that! Current policies from software makers and publishers ultimately penalizes the legitmate consumer. they do not slow down piracy at all, but make it difficult for the people who actually purchased the game! BTW Ray, send all your online/forum passwords/logins to a hotmail/yahoo address, where they can happily reside for years.

51. Doom3 ATI tweak from ATI employee Aug 9, 2004, 17:43 Elvis

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14874

FYI.

12. Whew. Aug 7, 2004, 16:38 Elvis

Very Glad to hear the prodigal son is back in your hands. When I started reading this ootb, I wasn't sure if I wanted to finish, lest there be an unhappy ending.

BTW - is there a pic of Hudson anywhere around here?

Back to Delta Labs.

News Comments > Vrenna Scores DOOM 3
81. Re: Jul 23, 2004, 02:37 Elvis

Doubtful. Bad bands can make bad music anywhere.

80. nice word choice Chris! Jul 23, 2004, 02:35 Elvis

I have been a fan of almost every game id has developed
said Vrenna. Classy, classy!

41. Re: Jul 22, 2004, 15:31 Elvis

Interesting tidbit...wish i coulda been there. Yeah the Elfman seems to have endless musical depth...I'd really dig hearing some of his industrial stuff. He also did the soundtrack for "midnight run" (deniro/grodin) which is so good, i think half the reason i watch the movie now and then is to listen to the music. "hey" from the later boingo days is also a cool little tune. soundchecks is where lots of band end up writing material, a'la U2 and "pride".

new system! adios GF2! and i only cut up my hands 4 times.

www.richardwurzer.com/music.html

News Comments > Carmack Working Ahead
27. Re: Good Jul 20, 2004, 20:15 Elvis

YES! I want entire professionnal team devoted to keeping up to date old game for absolutely no money!

its a good point of course. given what Valve is doing with Source versions of counter-strike, half-life, day-of-defeat and TFC, i'll always wish mr. carmack had stuck to his guns with his idea of re-doing q2 with the new tech as a fun exercise. not as a replacement for D3 nor to delay it. certainly experienced community folks would have jumped at the chance to help. need to send an email to that one mapper asking for a q2dm1 remake

8. Re: Good Jul 20, 2004, 16:47 Elvis

lol, i also agree that the use of 'dunder head' was first-rate.

5. Re: Good Jul 20, 2004, 16:27 Elvis

Yeah, I recall something like that too. Carmack also has mentioned he sees himself becoming more of the tech director for id versus the lead programmer, but i wonder if their next game using new IP changed that somewhat.

remaining new system parts here tomorrow - oh mommy!

News Comments > DOOM 3 Requirements
49. Re: waited until the last minute Jul 20, 2004, 13:07 Elvis

noticed your new rig. . .i'm getting a 3400+ newcastle with the asus k8n-e (and 1gb corsair pc3200 2-2-2-5) today or tomorrow. i'll be using a 9800xt till the x800xt pe hits at compusa early august.

i wonder if id was smart enough to do what valve has done: give the tools to the community early. given the technical ability of the community these days, we'll see stuff the week the game is released!

News Comments > Game Movies - Counter-Strike Source
40. Re: CS: Source Leaked!! Jul 20, 2004, 06:03 Elvis

They also mention it may have been stolen a while ago, but just recently leaked as it requires the HL2 leaked beta. hmpf, more time for D3 I guess, but I hope there are not any more delays.

And pity the poor network tech who'll probably have their legs broken if a __2nd__network breach occurred after the first one how likely is that?

News Comments > Game Movies - Counter-Strike Source
37. Re: CS Source Jul 20, 2004, 05:53 Elvis

whew, you're really all over the place dude! i had to sip some rockstar just to get through it all lets trash the present which will become the past and look nothing like the future. blah. Engines can contribute to, but do not guarantee, a noteworthy game. And if HL2 rocks as a game, it wont matter, somebody will be buying the "American Idol" edition at WalMart in 2009 while at least one outside developer has taken the D3 tech to new heights. i also anticipate the visuals in D3 will surpass HL2, either way its a gonna be great to find out. man, the legs the D3 engine is going to have!

p.s. Q3 easy? yeah, thats why there's a handful of people making a living at playing it.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo