Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Voodoo 2 Patch
25. Wow! Nov 15, 2004, 15:53 Elvis

At least you can finally SEE much of the game now
That is darned impressive, though some of the reader's comments on that link seem like they're stuck in 1997.
I wonder if this works in MultiPlayer???

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Ugh Nov 12, 2004, 00:09 Elvis

I was thinking the same thing. Heck, I've actually re-read the first one more than a few times!

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59

News Comments > Source SDK Tools & More H-L2 Preloads
29. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 16:12 Elvis

I wonder, do you moan as much about those games that do not install if a user has other legitimately purchased software installed used for legitimate purposes? (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/20/0416251&tid=206)

This is a much bigger problem.

I do not see Steam as an annoyance. It's a welcome addition, a simple and helpful tool when running, hosting or using a Valve game. It handles so much of the bullshit housekeeping that most games require. It makes for one less chunk of time I waste going to fileplanet/shack/whatever, clicking, clicking, clicking, standing in line, waiting, and then installing - oh wait it needs the CD for the patch to install? With Steam you simply log-in. Done. It's even more invisible if Steam launches with Windows and a connection. I appreciate fileplanet et al as archival resources and demo locations, but no more time wasted at one particular site with its own particular download scheme that has its own set of foibles. E.g., fileshack 'download ready' sound never plays for me which equals missed downloads. With other hosting sites, you'd betta have a good popup blocker installed. As far as requirements, any game made today has them. You're a shining example of the power of choice. Someone else posted something elsewhere on Bluenews saying its a matter of how they wish to spend their time. Its a good point to make here. Steam requires less of my time. That being true I enjoy the games more. Hopefully Steam expands to maps, models....

Incidentally Steam has an offline mode where the game can be used as installed from disc and updated once.

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59
This comment was edited on Nov 6, 17:11.

News Comments > Source SDK Tools & More H-L2 Preloads
27. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 14:28 Elvis

Gezer, you do that (trust a game company, that is) every time you run their code (ie play the game by clicking on an .exe). So what's your problem?

lol. I was wondering the same thing
Geezer, if the issue is only trust, I ask the question again: what's the problem? One cannot operate a modern day computer these days in a vacuum. I'd love to hear specifics as to why you loathe Steam enough to avoid not only HalfLife 2 (whoa dude!), but the other cool crap as well: the Source conversions (CS, HL, DOD), integrated messenging, easy (and I mean easy) server hosting (CFG/BAT files good riddance. no hassle-or-waiting in line updates, accessing Steam games from any PC.....
Next you'll be extolling the virtues of Betamax

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Blue from the future? Nov 4, 2004, 14:20 Elvis

No hassle. I've been using Firefox for nearly a year (switched from IE). The only site I recall having any problems with was the MSNBC.com news site, but it was quite some time ago and a beta version of (I think it was called) Firebird at the time.

About the same here. Hotmail even works OK with Firefox; windowsupdate is one site that comes to mind that requires IE (at least 5). For me its a matter of housekeeping: Firefox cache/history/cookie/etc mgmt is organized betta and the tabbed browsing rocks. There's even a google search bar!

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Cingular Ad Nov 2, 2004, 17:34 Elvis

Pushed the price of CRT's down though

that is certainly true! a very nice 19" can be had for under $200, shipped. and LCDs prices have continued to fall, especially in the higher end. the top-o-the-line Dell 2001FP is now just over $600 shipped, versus $1000 not even 6 months ago.

ultimately i prefer a CRT for the resolution flexibility, and they're still the best for mondo gaming (16x12 and up with AA/AF cranked, etc.)

Q3 @ 24.24.216.59
This comment was edited on Nov 2, 17:35.

News Comments > Men of Valor SP Demo
11. Most reviews are in the 70 percentile Nov 2, 2004, 17:23 Elvis

reminds me of "dead man's hand" - a very decent title worth a look and no more than $25.00.

News Comments > MoH: Pacific Assault MP Demo
2. long day Blue? Oct 29, 2004, 15:53 Elvis

offering the change to visit the exotic South Pacific when fares are at their lowest, during the combat of World War II.

ok ok, i see what you were going for

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: PLAYBOY Oct 29, 2004, 13:30 Elvis

Oh man! The Carmack in Playboy! Too cool. Do you think he's that known outside of the gaming world? Apparently so...
I prefer to see him and his cars in Motor Trend, etc.
He musta picked up an Enzo yeah?

News Comments > Pacific Fighters Dynamic Mission Generator
8. Too bad Oct 29, 2004, 13:25 Elvis

this dynamic mission/level stuff hasn't ever taken off in FPS multiplayer. Only SOF2 had it yeah?

More and more, with all the graphical horsepower available and strong titles like this one from a developer who clearly know what they're doing, I find myself looking at Flight Sims - maybe i'll pick this one up for kicks too. We've had so much WW2 on the ground, how about above?

News Comments > Quake II Server Vulnerabilities
8. Re: hey, I still play Q2! Oct 28, 2004, 12:14 Elvis

Perhaps it's now really time to clean my Harddisk once and for all...

three years IS quite a while between installs! Heck, I know folks are lucky to go 3 week between installs

News Comments > Quake II Server Vulnerabilities
7. Wow! Oct 28, 2004, 12:02 Elvis

Only took how many years to find this?!?! If you check Gamespy, some actually still play. Probably take Carmack 17 seconds to fix this

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of Valor PC
6. Pass or ??? Oct 26, 2004, 15:44 Elvis

not sure yet. The SP is gonna make or break it for me. Somebody in PC Gamer had positive comments about a few SP levels. Hearing the MP woes from someone on such a phat pipe is worrisome.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch & Linux Server
7. Re: Wow Oct 25, 2004, 13:57 Elvis

Is this the patch that makes me give a crap?

Chuckle, I was wondering myself. The "fixed" list IS longer than the "known issues" list
This is just weird: 'Windows 2000/XP only: Make sure your keyboard is in lower case mode before starting the game.'

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. No subject Oct 22, 2004, 11:21 Elvis

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault on GameSpy/IGN and IGN/GameSpy.

Another chortle

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gold
18. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2004, 14:36 Elvis

ugh, it IS quite depressing to have to wait. HL:S would tie me over! Valve, you listening? VALVE????

14. Re: Where can I preorder it? Oct 18, 2004, 14:34 Elvis

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243836.asp

2. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2004, 14:23 Elvis

I couldn't agree more!

News Comments > Another Half-Life 2 Gold Rumor
29. Re: Blue Shift Oct 16, 2004, 15:25 Elvis

Just do a search for "Blue Shift Steam" on their support page if your really curious.

good info Drax - While I've actually played through single-player HL1 4 times and Opposing Force 2 times (on 3 now), I've not re-visited Blue Shift a second time. It just really left no impression. Maybe I did not buy into Barney as lead. The High Def pack offered more reason for the purchase No worries, HL:Source, DOD:Source (and OpFor:Source?) will be a-plenty.

News Comments > Another Half-Life 2 Gold Rumor
19. Re: haha Oct 16, 2004, 13:32 Elvis

Yeah, well I'll let them have their pants back as soon as they either confirm or deny these rumours

Agreed. Also, there's always eBay. Regrettably, someone somewhere would purchase "the pants Gabe Newell had on when HL2 went gold!" ;p

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo