Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elvis

Real Name Elvis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elvis
Email dawurz@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.soundclick.com/richardwurzer
Signed On Aug 12, 2000, 01:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 6643

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake IV Screenshots
30. Re: Quake 4!!! Dec 28, 2004, 02:12 Elvis

I don't know if someone commented on this yet, but in the 2nd pic, is that soldier on the left holding a new type of invisible rifle or shotgun?

Oh man we're already finding bugs!!! lol. Seriously, interesting catch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Q4 / D3 - how can I tell the differe Dec 27, 2004, 22:51 Elvis

Not bad, but not really inspiring either.

Especially considering the unique look Q2 had (the insignia, logos, architecture). I could not help but think the Q4 Art Director's first rule of visual design should be does not look like D3.

But I've really liked Raven's stuff for the most part
Me too.

2. Q4 / D3 - how can I tell the difference? Dec 27, 2004, 21:35 Elvis

Well, lots of overstatement there, but the two look awfully similar. The pic of the beating heart in PC Gamer looked very slick, and is certainly much betta in person.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Bluesnews lives! Dec 27, 2004, 16:36 Elvis

Guess you can ignore that "post on Shack, let us know what's up note". . .

7. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2004, 16:00 Elvis

No kidding! I was having serious withdrawls.
I like shack, but I love Blues.

News Comments > More Steam Bans
29. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 16:39 Elvis

Go home, find out your account is disabled even though you didn't do anything. Fight with Valve and end up having to purchase it again.

Wha? You're suggesting the banning of accounts is not at all legitmate, but is actually all part of Valve's "true" biz plan? To wrongly ban or disable an honest user's account, then stonewall that customer into a 2nd purchase?? Er, wow. Crack the window open in the puter room to let some air in!

I wager the vast, vast majority of the 30,000 accounts disable or banned deserve to be so. Whenever some doofus shows up on the forums whining about what's happened to them, how they don't deserve it, etc, the moderators eventually post the details of the ban, which are always loaded with dozens of purchase attempts with stolen CC #s, ValveAntiCheat (VAC) violations, etc.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix
6. Steam forum new address Dec 22, 2004, 22:09 Elvis

are now forums.steampowered.com/forums

was steampowered.com/forums

HL2DM @ 24.24.216.59:27015

fileplanet map pack #1 mostly, dm_watergate and the best crossfire remake so far imo:
http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/DM_Crossfire_Source_1-1.zip

News Comments > GTA2 Free
2. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 09:28 Elvis

I agree. Now to find the details of what "optimized for modern PCs" means.

69. Re: har har Dec 16, 2004, 23:47 Elvis

shit yes post tha f**king link!!

richardwurzer.com/hopper/beer_pour.wav

richardwurzer.com/hopper/beer_heineken.wav

suddenly i'm in the mood for a beer. hmmm, but what kind?

News Comments > GTA: San Andreas PC Date, Xbox Plans
10. Re: No subject Dec 16, 2004, 19:18 Elvis

Yeah, I breathed a small sigh of relief too knowing it was officially coming. Wonder if the tools are any better for mod folks.

58. har har Dec 16, 2004, 19:15 Elvis

Just not clicking here today... I'm not feeling 100%, I'm running way behind, and I have to rush off to visit Dr. Toothy today... Oh well, a little laughing gas will help all the stress melt away... look what it did for Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet... hmmm, bad example.

oh man that made me laugh. i've felt like that the entire week, and was quickly envious of your chance for some giggle gas. the other (positive) Hopper example was the giant green buds he had in River's Edge. Feck!

63. Re: Well said Gandhi! Dec 3, 2004, 15:20 Elvis

I am no expert, but D3 probably wins technologically speaking but loses in the fun factor.

For all of Doom 3's stunning use of light and shadow, there are ways HL2's use of light is a little more impressive to my eyes, especially when I am outdoors in the game. The "Raising the Bar" book discusses 'light temperature' and how it became its own theme within the game, with Columbine levels lit with a "cool" temperature and friendly areas having a warmer light temperature.

62. mind sharing Blue? Dec 3, 2004, 15:10 Elvis

there were several occasions when I thought the upcoming segment had some familiar tedious gameplay cliché that turned out to be tremendous fun because of how well the design was implemented.

One of my moments like that was the big gunship fight toward the end of the canals...'till it started dropping bombs (which was originally a bug according to the "Raising the Bar" book).

News Comments > etc.
4. No subject Nov 24, 2004, 16:19 Elvis

American McGee used to play DOOM in a two-inch window to avoid motion sickness.

oh really - interesting tidbit there Blue. And how pray tell do you know this???

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
273. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2004, 18:03 Elvis

But I assumed that I'd be alright with a retail copy with a local side cd-key authorization.

Assumed?!?! Oh oh, never do that. All the Steam goings-on, and you simply never verified this requirement prior to purchasing? Whose fault is that? You said "dumb ass", not us! Much of you sad saps complaining about Steam access must simply be in the wrong part of the world; I've had Steam connection issues just once during the largest HL2 preload. The rest of the time, no problems: not during all the CS:S downloads, not during two gigs worth of seven HL2 preloads, not at Midnight the 16th...

You made the right choice in getting the game; it's great fun.

News Comments > H-L 2 Start-up Bug?
3. Gary McTaggart Nov 16, 2004, 08:29 Elvis

of Valve is also perusing the Shack Forums and helping out.
See his posts here:

http://www.shacknews.com/jazz/search.x?user=garymct

15. Re: The server's lagging Nov 16, 2004, 08:20 Elvis

EVERYONE GO CRAAAAZZZZZYYY!!!! It's finally out!! Joy!

Haha! No kidding - as we just finished validating, a couple of chums and I on the phone kept asking "is it really here?"

10. Luckily no Steam issues Nov 16, 2004, 08:14 Elvis

...logged in RIGHT at midnight (almost missed it cause I was on my Q3 server - oy vey), authenicated in under 10 minutes, grabbed and ran HL:S ok.
Steam is going to be a godsend as all the mods, updates, addl content rolls out.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
234. Re: Wow! Nov 16, 2004, 08:09 Elvis

One complaint - the levels are loaded just like in the original - in the middle of nowhere. But unlike last time, where it took a few seconds to load, in the sequel it takes a minute or two - and I have 1.5 gigs of memory! Takes you out of the game by disrupting the immersion.

yeah, having fired up HL:S prior to HL2 the difference in load times is palpable, though for me, as in HL1, you gain a sense for when a tranition is going to happen.

And I absolutely agree you find yourself wanting to just. keep. playing.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 08:09.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 for Sale?
233. So far, so great Nov 16, 2004, 08:04 Elvis

Logged in *right* at midnight PST, took a little less than 10 mins to authenicate, then I grabbed HL:S. Such a feel of polish in the game so far. The City scenes seem alive and definitely convey a large expanse of space. The AI at first on 'normal' is challenging enough, a few spots so far where I end up in the 20s and find a health right where I need it. How do they do that?!

AMD64 3400 Newcastle / 1GB 2-2-2-5
9800XT / 4.12s
10x7 2xAA / 8xAF
High detail / reflect all / no vsync
This comment was edited on Nov 16, 08:04.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo