Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Riker

Real Name Riker   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Riker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 6, 2000, 22:27
Total Comments 1101 (Pro)
User ID 6580

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein Screenshots?
2. Re: Wolfenstein Screenshots? Mar 16, 2009, 22:12 Riker

Seems like a lame way to drum up interest... those shots look pretty boring.

And yeah, there seem to be quite a few people out there who still misspell id as iD, so that's a dead giveaway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Improving the TF2 Experience
5. Re: Valve on Improving the TF2 Experience Mar 12, 2009, 22:46 Riker

Outstanding! I hate running into those shitty servers, along with servers that look like they have an opening, which turns out to be a reserved slot. It's nice to see Valve doing something about the first problem, at least.

What's the point in tricking people to join your empty server? If you're going to do that, why have a server at all? Losers.

(And I agree, it sounds like a router problem.)

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2009, 22:48.

News Comments > Happy Birthday DDO
3. Re: Happy Birthday DDO Feb 27, 2009, 22:12 Riker

I've played this game, and it's nothing to celebrate.  

News Comments > Geneforge 5 Ships; Demo
6. Re: Geneforge 5 Ships; Demo Feb 25, 2009, 22:08 Riker

I like how people on this site are the first to get up on the highest of all high horses and bitch and whine about how graphics are everything in todays games. Then when someone releases a deep game that is gameplay-over-graphics, they still bitch.

I see the exact opposite.

News Comments > Geneforge 5 Ships; Demo
1. Re: Geneforge 5 Ships; Demo Feb 25, 2009, 20:32 Riker

Still looks awful, but it's prety cool that people are still interested in making and playing these old-school games.  

News Comments > Game Violence on BS
6. Re: Game Violence on BS Feb 13, 2009, 19:52 Riker

Awesome.

Ahh the only reason to watch Showtime.

You've apparently not seen Dexter. Do it.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
20. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Feb 12, 2009, 18:29 Riker

of course they do

Oh right, what was I thinking? Everything that runs on Vista runs fine on Windows 7, doesn't it? Silly me.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
16. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Feb 11, 2009, 20:08 Riker

Anyone know if the Vista x64 drivers are working on Windows 7?  

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
33. No screenshots Jan 30, 2009, 14:02 Riker

With the possible exception of the first picture, those are old pictures of concept art, not screenshots. Well, except for the last one, which is bizarrely from Deus Ex 1.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2009, 15:01.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
5. Do they work with Windows 7? Jan 22, 2009, 19:42 Riker

Has anyone tried them out with Windows 7?  

News Comments > NY's Racist Games Bill
7. Re: NY's Racist Games Bill Jan 13, 2009, 21:51 Riker

If the summary is correct, than this is merely banning the sale of such games to minors. I don't really have a problem with that, but I'm not sure the government should be parenting children.  

News Comments > NCsoft Sued over MMOG Tech
5. Re: NCsoft Sued over MMOG Tech Dec 29, 2008, 22:23 Riker

Ya, good luck to 'em... they're gonna need it. NCSoft is a pretty big gorilla in the MMO market themselves.  

News Comments > Warren Spector's Mickey Mouse Game?
10. Re: Warren Spector's Mickey Mouse Game? Dec 22, 2008, 23:09 Riker

I say it's too early to write the obituary. If anyone else's hands, it would be easy for me to dismiss. But Warren's got one heck of a track record, including a nearly-10-year-old game that still tops my all-time favorite games list.  

News Comments > Warren Spector's Mickey Mouse Game?
2. Re: Warren Spector's Mickey Mouse Game? Dec 22, 2008, 21:43 Riker

It's hard to imagine such a game being enjoyable, but... time will tell.  

News Comments > Gearbox Layoffs
16. Re: Gearbox Layoffs Nov 22, 2008, 22:16 Riker

"The true relevance of the story will actually be irrelevant until we release our next game, at which time I hope there will be a lot of interest in what we've done that can produce such results."

Whoa.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; Steam Pre-Purchase
17. Re: Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; Steam Pre-Purchase Oct 25, 2008, 16:29 Riker

I hate installing games after a format - with Steam I simply install the client and all my games are ready to play, along with auto-patching when updates are released. There's no way I'd ever be bothered installing the 80 so games I've got on Steam after each format.
Unless you have an amazing connection, I can't imagine downloading those 80 games would be faster than installing them by disc. Of course, with Steam you can always burn back-ups to disc. You make some good points... who knows, I may yet decide to buy it off Steam.

12. Re: Fallout 3 from Steam Oct 25, 2008, 11:32 Riker

Unless you want the collector's edition, you aren't missing much by getting an electronic copy. You can take a look at the manual on the Steam store page if you're so inclined. Other than a half-dozen or so vault-tec advertisements, the manual is just a straight description of the interface, exactly like the manuals for Morrowind and Oblivion. In other words, this is not like the 150+ page Fallout 1 and 2 manuals, and you won't miss much if you don't get a hard copy of it.
You make a good point. Still, with the price being equal, I'd prefer to have a physical copy. I've purchased games on Steam in the past because they've been discounted, although I believe they were only 10%-off pre-order discounts. I'd also be able to sell or trade the game down the road if I decided to do so, although that's not my primary concern.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 11:33.

4. Fallout 3 from Steam Oct 24, 2008, 23:06 Riker

I'm a big fan of Steam, but I'm reluctant to order Fallout 3 on Steam because:

1. There's no financial incentive.
2. No box, disc, or manual, and for a game like this, I want genuine hard copies.
3. Concerns about modification compatibility.
4. I may spring for the collector's edition if I can find a copy for a reasonable price on launch day.

News Comments > Dexter on PCs
10. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2008, 22:16 Riker

It shouldn't be too hard. Just remake Hitman 1/2, but change the requirement to capturing the target, then add a dismemberment minigame.
A dismemberment minigame? Uh, right. Even the show doesn't show Dexter dismembering people. Anyone who would be interested in a dismemberment minigame needs to see a doctor.

Hitman 1/2 with a few modifications would not be deserving of the name "Dexter." The problem with making a game out of Dexter is that 90% of Dexter has nothing to do with Dexter actually killing people. There are stories and characters that would no doubt take a back seat to any simplistic, single-minded, mundane gameplay.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2008, 22:17.

News Comments > Dexter on PCs
2. No subject Oct 18, 2008, 16:59 Riker

I think you mean "worst game of the year." The show's great, but the game is virtually guaranteed to be a soulless, generic mockery of the show.

1101 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo