Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for AndyGus

Real Name AndyGus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AndyGus
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1501843
Description
Homepage http://www.demonsbane.com
Signed On Jul 25, 2000, 17:42
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 6413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Open Letter
11. Re: Good idea. Aug 28, 2003, 18:43 AndyGus

Its unforunate as this really is a good game, based on the few minutes I got to play it at Quakecon. I do agree with the sentiment though. Exclusive demos are not the way to get to the gaming enthusiast.

Alas, another example of what money does.

~Andy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tech Bits
18. Winamp 3 Jun 16, 2003, 15:52 AndyGus

Winamp 3 sucks.

Theres nothing else to say, that just about sums it up.
~Andy

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Fitting.. Mar 20, 2003, 10:13 AndyGus

I came to check your thoughts on the night's events and was moved to see a fitting moment of silence.
Nicely done Blue, nicely done.

News Comments > Batman Vengeance Demo
4. Controls (or lack thereof) Jul 29, 2002, 17:54 AndyGus

This game might almost be good if they do some serious work on the controls. I found myself always fighting the camera angles, trying to will the camera to rotate. Also not having the ability to use the mouse at all is a major downfall. The graphics are dead on the anime series, and thats a very good thing. They also have the voice actors lending their voice so it comes off very well for any fan of the anime series.

If the designers ever see this thread: please, for the love of your paycheck, fix these controls and release another demo. As it is this demo is going to do more harm than good. You have a lot of good things going it would be a pity for them to be wasted because of the horrible controls.

~AndyGus

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 17:55.

News Comments > Diablo II & Privacy
33. Re: Blizzard: Help us keep our games simple Nov 14, 2001, 03:10 AndyGus

I agree with number 12. It seems very late in the game to be collecting data for feature set in Warcraft 3 (WoW would seem to be a better candidate.) While games are never done till they're done, you'd think that after all this time the feature set would be reasonably set. Any radical changes would push the project back even further. And this project has already had its share of radical changes.
It is a good thing, however, that they announced the info collecting this time. I was highly offended when they went snooping through my registry settings the last time. Kudos for being upfront, lets hope for Blizzard's sake that they are being honest about the extent of the info being sent.
Bottom line: Honesty = Good!

~Andy "GusBot" Gustafson

News Comments > AquaNox Demo
5. Seems kinda buggy. Nov 14, 2001, 00:03 AndyGus

First off, you cant click through each of the logo splash screens unless you hit esc to jump to the main menu. I thought I'd sit through it once just to see if there was an intro or something. Each logo screen is shown just long enough for you to get pissed off that it isnt proceeding. Then after a few I got an error where it couldnt find a tga file. Crash to desktop
Ok, Fine.
So then the next time I run it I hit esc to get to the main menu, happy day, but no mouse cursor, you have to use the keyboard scroll keys.
Ok, Fine.
I set it up the options and control and jump in. I take a wrong turn down a canyon. Boom Mission Failed.
Ok, Fine.
Restart, and just start shooting at everything. Very cool. Then HARD CRASH -- Reboots my PC.
That may be fine on Windows 98, but a bug severe enough to reboot Windows 2000 Pro is bad.
Uninstall AquaNox Demo..
Its beautiful- sure, but not worth the download if your on a 56k.

~Andy "Gusbot" Gustafson.

News Comments > Tech Bits
5. No new ICQ Nov 6, 2001, 11:37 AndyGus

God I love your sense of humor. I just sneezed Mt. Dew out my nose because I was reading that at the unfortunate moment I took a sip.

~Andy "Gusbot" Gustafson

News Comments > Soul Reaver 2 Movie
1. Its out now but rent it first.. Nov 1, 2001, 02:07 AndyGus

I love Soul Reaver. With out a doubt it is my favorite PSX game of all time. It had it all fantastic action, gloomy well written story, and incredible voice acting. One thing that I loved more than anything, however, was the new vampiric abilities. It gave such a feeling of accomplishment, when you were finally able to swim, or could scale up certain to claim that powerup that you spotted long ago. The trill of your new abilities was awesome.
Sadly Soul Reaver 2 is lacking any such upgrade. Sure, you start with all the abilities from the last game, but you dont earn a single new ability in the whole game. The elemental forges are your goals. Its hard to get excited about your weapon turning a different color. It can also be said that there aren't any "Bosses" such as there were in SR1. There are portions of the game where you are forced to stop and fight many enemys to proceed, but they are hardly anything along the lines of the 3 story giants you faced in SR1.

Just so its clear, I own my copy and will keep it, such as it is, because I am such a fan of the first one. I recommend that anyone who liked the first one to rent this one however as it feels more like "Run to the next area to hear more of the story" than a game.
I am dissapointed.

I'd love to hear other's thoughts.
~Andy "GusBot" Gustafson

News Comments > Gore Test 2
12. Already Uninstalled Oct 27, 2001, 02:51 AndyGus

Those of you that are fans, I wish you hours of enjoyment. I on the other hand will be playing Wolfenstein.

I do admit that parts look very nice. The sniper rifle model is excellent, although it doesnt zoom and it has a rapid fire (must be some kind of new sniper rifle). The flamethrower is just downright pathetic. Say what you will about sprites, at least its cool to look at.

The server I was on was stable and not in the least bit jerky which is my biggest gripe about Wolfenstein, I seem to get a network interuptions alot. Although there was a fraction of a second delay from the time I picked up items and guns to the time I actually heard the sound effect for it. Just long enough that it caused me to spend a lot of time looking behind me to see if I actually picked it up.

As smooth as it is its no competition to UT, Halflife, Quake etc. and it doesnt really have the WoW-Factor that Serious Sam has.

I don't write this to spite anyone or slam the product, I'm just giving my honest impressions of it. Im sorry it just wasnt worth the download for me. I've already uninstalled it and deleted the install.
~Andy "GusBot" Gustafson

News Comments > AvP2 MP Demo & Patch
2. Re: Demo or Beta? Oct 24, 2001, 00:10 AndyGus

Seiriously. For a game that has already gone gold, bugs this significant mean this product is being rushed for the holidays.

I am a fan of AvsP and loved the first one, but after spending an hour waiting through the fileplanet spam-while-you-wait crap and then having it crash to the desktop EVERY time, Im left with serious doubts about how the full version will fair.

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
92. Just Glad Your Ok. Sep 11, 2001, 12:37 AndyGus

After waking up to Howard Stern and NOT hearing him talk about naked women, I knew something was terribly wrong.
I dont have any family in NY, but I know Blue lives there. I am relieved to know that you are alright.

My Heart and Prayers go out to all affected by this tradegy.
~Andy Gustafson

News Comments > Thief 3 Update
8. Re: ION name change Jul 19, 2001, 14:59 AndyGus

*Laugh*

News Comments > Thief 3 Update
2. Looking Glass? Jul 19, 2001, 14:24 AndyGus

I thought Looking Glass closed a while back? Did they reopen I must have missed something..

News Comments > Max Payne Gold
24. Re: PS2? Jul 16, 2001, 12:07 AndyGus

In an interview with Scott Miller he said they hoped to have the PS2 version out by Xmas.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo