Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Wondering.... Jan 31, 2005, 16:03 Fang

Real men drive manual/sticks. You do not need no jumper cables with those, just a hill...and there is always a hill.

Hills? Real men don't need hills, they knock out the floor and use their feet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Aliens, Warming, and Bears, oh my Jan 26, 2005, 12:49 Fang

This is the direct link to Crichton's speech on his website:

Aliens Cause Global Warming
http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote04.html

27. Re: Snow Job Jan 23, 2005, 18:32 Fang

Bah Hump, that's nothing, you can still see your bushes. I couldn't see the bushes in my backyard from snow piled higher than them last night at midnight, and the blizzard was just starting.

This morning, the wind had piled the snow higher than my fence. 2+ feet of snow and 70+ mph wind gusts (ie. hurricane scale winds) = some pretty tough conditions.

27. Re: to add Jan 21, 2005, 15:14 Fang

So far they have done a nice little synopsis at the start of the show, and hint at the things you need to know. I finished my MythTV box just in time to record this show.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Tube TVs Jan 21, 2005, 00:34 Fang

I've only found the HS51's going for $3200. At $1000 over the AE700, I would expect that it's a better projector. However, it's about $700 over what I can realistically go for. Heh, $2200 is already pushing it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Tube TVs Jan 20, 2005, 15:51 Fang

Personally, I would go with a Panasonic AE700. But it costs $2200 and I'd probably go with a DIY screen.

100" screen, no screen door effect, genuine 720p, ~$200 maintenance per 2 years to replace bulbs. What do you guys think?

22. Re: Loser test Jan 20, 2005, 13:03 Fang

Nerd Quiz: 86
Loser Quiz: 20
Death Quiz: 83

Strange, I'm a cool nerd who has healthy habits

54. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2005, 16:45 Fang

Batman, you do realize that he's just writing that stuff to see who will bite and respond, right? It's all about trying to write as outrageous stuff as possible to get attention (without getting banned).

I'm agreeing with the others that fred has returned.

Please don't feed the trolls.

29. Ali G Jan 14, 2005, 13:56 Fang

Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that a Jewish man is dressing up as a muslim immigrant for comedy?

I don't know, it just seems too much like what was know as "blackface" historically.

38. Re: PS2 game recommendations Jan 4, 2005, 23:21 Fang

LOL, Xii. Today's Evening Consolidation seems to go nicely with your post.

Sure, I use my PC for multiplayer too, but there is a place for gaming with Xbox Live. If you don't want to use it, that's fine.

Personally, I like gaming with real life friends, and to be honest, pc gaming is just not that accesible to them. My guess is that because its mainly a solitary experience unless you are at a LAN party. So they won't spend the time to try it out, yet they will play Halo, DDR, Madden, etc. when they come over. You can't easily play Doom3 and Half-Life2 with a bunch of friends who just come over to hang out.

Once you have them try out console games, they are willing to purchase consoles themselves and then Xbox Live makes it easy to play with them when throwing a party is just not possible. It gives you voice comms and quite a bit more selection then the GCN with Mario Kart and Warppipe.

That's just my own experience with the nature of today's gaming. (PC's and consoles).

15. Re: PS2 game recommendations Jan 4, 2005, 12:07 Fang

She sounds knowledgable about gaming if she won't let you convince her to buy a Gamecube

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25613-2004Dec1.html

I picked up the Gamecube first, and wish I didn't. Its gathering dust right now as I play Xbox Live with friends. Really, the only two viable options (unless you have kids) is the PS2 or the Xbox.

The gamecube is dying, let it go, man, let it go...

As for game recommendations, every female I know that I show DDR to, loves it.

News Comments > France to Defend Ubisoft from EA?
17. Re: Only the French run away? Dec 30, 2004, 13:28 Fang

You do realize that Vietnam was a French colony and Democrat President Kennedy sent US troops because the French were getting their butts kicked. Search for the battle of Dienbienphu.

One thing that Vietnam had, that Iraq doesn't, is the active support of two super powers (China and the Soviet Union). Oh wait, unless you want to count France for Iraq.

29. Fuel Pumps Dec 21, 2004, 16:19 Fang

My last condo had electricity bills approaching $200. This was for an 800 sq. ft. 2 bedroom condo with a fuel pump in frigid Massachusetts. I know I must have been doing something wrong.

But it doesn't matter anymore, I have a gas furnace and I can sleep all nice and toasting, even though I have a similar sleeping style as Enahs.

Well, actually, my back door and windows let in a lot of cold air, but I just set my temp at 78. My guess is that they need to be re-weather stripped.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2004, 23:30 Fang

The article's comments has a link to Lik-sang which reports that the 2 hours and 40 minutes time is the factory charge from when you first get the PSP.

If you fully charge it, you get 6 hours on Ridge Racers (at 50% screen brightness, 50% volume). Just what someone else is reporting: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3548

35. Re: LCD Projectors Dec 8, 2004, 14:22 Fang

Check out projectorcentral.com They have a nice search tool of all the available projectors.

Personally, if I was going to buy a projector right now, I would go for the Panasonic AE700U. It's a 1280x720 projector (genuine 720p HDTV) and it gets pretty good reviews; its one of those new LCD's without the screendoor effect. It's selling for $2200 right now. I think that's pretty comparable to a high quality TV.

However, I'm waiting for the 1920x1080 projectors to come down in price. As soon as those hit ~$2000, I'm buying one. Just $25,000 more to go.

55. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2004, 14:44 Fang

Sixis, if you like the Lifetime, you'll love the ErgoForce from Keytronics.

39. Re: Keyboard Dec 7, 2004, 12:41 Fang

Personally, my favorite keyboards are those made by Keytronics. I really like the ErgoForce keyboard they make. Its designed to use different amounts of pressure for your different fingers while typing. Makes me feel like I'm typing on air. But a standard Dell keyboard will pass for me too.

26. Re: Mother of the Matrix Dec 7, 2004, 10:25 Fang

This brings to mind my previous quote:

Spoon boy: Do not try to see a good sequel. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There are no sequels.

54. Re: HL2 Dec 3, 2004, 14:11 Fang

Is it me or does anyone else find the Pulse Rifle to be much more effective in online Deathmatch than in the single player campaign?

Using the pulse rifle's secondary fire on someone who just got the 200 armor in lockdown is extremely satisfying.

87. Re: I think it was yesterday... Dec 3, 2004, 02:57 Fang

As for playing on a server with no guns, there seems to be a setting to turn off spawned weapons. If you just get what you spawn with, then the game quickly turns into a gravity gun fest.

With guns, its all about controlling the .357 magnums, grenade launcher, and rocket launcher.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo